Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

Re: How did you discover SCANDAL?
Posted Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:47 am

yupyupyup

yupyupyup

Caless Student
Caless Student
Knew them from ShoujoS, like the song, got the PV but was not impressed much Honestly, the dancing in the rain didn't impress me, I was like, "{yawn], just another kiddie/ girlie group". I thought their instruments were for show. Rina's stare while holding the umbrella did impress me though!. After some time, along can Shunkan even though I didn't watch FMA.I did a little search on the group, found they have quite a substantial discography, so I decided to collect on a whim. Then came Taiyo PV, when I thought these were some seriously cute girls, and decided to have a listen to their music. Then I learnt how young they were, their humble beginning, and of course the name of that super cute drummer. Then came the Live DVD when I were totally convinced that these girls were real deal when seeing Mami playing, and of course, the drummer Rina in action. The rest is all history. My first SCANDAL items were the Pride single and the Temptation Box album (w/PB) which I'm waiting from cdjapan. Wish that I'd known them sooner!!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 am

kaito_sazaki

kaito_sazaki

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://kanta-ku.com
I know SCANDAL after watching shunkan sentimental PV at asian music forum...

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Anarchy

Anarchy

Caless Student
Caless Student
Got to know them from FMA Brotherhood ED, Shunkan Sentimental.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:28 pm

SummerTris

SummerTris

Caless Student
Caless Student
Went to see them at AFA in Singapore, didn't know who they were but went anyway. Now I LOVE THEM LOVE

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 570791_460s_v1
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:30 pm

da_matte0924

International Performer
International Performer
I was watching K-On! last year and was crazy addicted to the 1st ending theme song "Don't Say Lazy". So as I was searching the youtube, I stumbled upon a cover band that, well, covered the song. So I clicked it, and on the side bar I saw SCANDAL -Don't Say Lazy. So, hearing the first cover band, I said, "Hmm...might be good...". I clicked and I have to tell you, it wasn't love at first sight. I thought to myself that they were just showing off and couldn't play those instruments (Yeah, I know I was very judgmental and I wanted to kill my older self back then for what I had thought, but if I did, I wouldn't be loving SCANDAL by now). Anyways, I left the video alone for some time.

Then after a month, I got back to wanting to hear K-On! songs once more. Again, I stumbled upon their cover of Don't Say Lazy. So again, I gave it a try. And after that, I actually mellowed a bit to them, thinking that maybe they're a good band. Then there was this link to them playing Shunkan Sentimental. So I clicked and then...WHOA THERE.......what the... I died.. .dies. (lols...I just kinda stared at my laptop for 5 minutes and began playing, replaying the whole song, and embarrassed myself in front of my sister while air guitaring.)

Pretty soon, I got to watching their videos like DOLL, Taiyo to Kimi ga Egaku Story, Koi Moyou, and Yumemiru Tsubasa. I even had the chance to hear thier other songs like Hitotsu Dake (which was very awesome btw), SCANDAL Baby and Ring! Ring! Ring! After a while (and several youtube moments and comments later), I stumbled upon live after live and seriously grew respect for these girls, not to mention my overwhelming love and admiration for my guitar goddess MAMI!

So that's my story. LOL, if I wanted to tell the ENTIRE story, this would be an entire page.... .sweat.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:16 am

Justin

Justin

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I first like them ,

when animax played the Namida no Regret PV .. Then I searched it on youtube..Then , I started to fall in love with them , until some PV's showed up..Honestly that time , I'm only addicted to SCANDAL , no other songs I'd playing exept for SCANDAL songs..

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 Sign2_10
How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 Userba11
"Even though we are so far from each other , Still our hearts will Intertwined"8->
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:06 am

greenman9622

greenman9622

Caless Student
Caless Student
I know them from a YouTube video when they performed 'Shunkan Sentimental' live in Live Power Music if I'm not mistaken. Since then I've became a fan
.happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:30 am

TOTAE

TOTAE

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Jpopasia.com, I try to listen SCANDAL's songs and I was just like it.

Sawasdee Tomomi

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 E420E170E420E210E210E340E020E2D0E1A0E040E380E130E230E270E210_zps724c58bd
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:11 pm

sur-reality

sur-reality

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.aria-blue.blogspot.com
hmm, first time was on MTV 's JK hits in 2009, i thinkm saw the DOLLS pv and was forever mesmerized with their songs, tone and members

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:11 pm

digitoor

digitoor

Caless Student
Caless Student
my friend share shunkan sentimental PV on facebook

after that i search 'scandal' on YouTube

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 Signku
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 am

teletada

teletada

Caless Student
Caless Student
my friend shared me

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Nikki

Nikki

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, I saw their profile on last.fm and I thought " uwaaa, they are so pretty... the music they play MUST be nice too...". And I've decided to listen some songs. And they were awesome!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:43 pm

robag93

robag93

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://musicjapan.jimdo.com/
Youtube.

i search some Videos and find the Doll PV.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Raizer

Raizer

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
got suddenly interested in j-music after hearing oreskaband and watching k-on, then dug into japanese music scene, then found indie bands and famous bands like polysics, then heard shunkan sentimental on fullmetal alchemist's ending, searched for the song then got addicted to scandal .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Oasis

Caless Student
Caless Student
I thought they were going to be one of the MANY gut wrenchingly awful girl bands so I just didn't even bother listening to them.
Then I noticed the other day that they covered my favorite ZONE song, so I was a bit curious to hear it. I discovered then that they're actually one of the rare GOOD girl bands, and then I started listening to more songs and joined the forum. ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Saeki85

Saeki85

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Like many here, I was looking in Youtube for "Don't say lazy" (as I love K-on!) and in the list of suggested videos it was a "real life" thing so I got curious about it, I was a click away fom heaven that is... after that I just continued searching for videos of this band called Scandal... and the rest is history xP

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 Sigiy
"Lo peor que le puede pasar al ser humano es llegar al mundo y que nadie lo esté esperando"
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:34 pm

vulock

Caless Student
Caless Student
because of BeauTEEN! the most beautiful girls!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm

kyokira

kyokira

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
After hearing the ending for FMA which is "Shunkan Sentimental" I went to search for the song and the band! After seeing SCANDAL's PV for Shunkan Sentimental, I fell in love with them! XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:54 pm

machentuchen_08

machentuchen_08

Caless Student
Caless Student
a friend shared a video of them on facebook. Thumbs Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:54 am

SL21

SL21

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Just searching for K-on Songs!Nice one

I meet them after I click their songs in youtube!

My classmate introduced about this Band .nerd.

Last edited by miokouasuzaki97 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 Tumblr11
(c)^ owner of this photo
We love MUSIC, We love SINGING!
S-C-A-N-D-A-L
How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 Ub_tem10
credits to Tscorpion 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:10 pm

HaruhoKaisser

International Performer
International Performer
My story . . .
October 2010 , my friends were all super excited about AFA X . Because they were talking about it a lot , I opened AFAX's Facebook page and browsed a bit .
I was interested in their COSPA booth and Bushiroad booth at first , then I saw one photo~ The photo advertisement about SCANDAL coming to AFA X . I freezed a bit after seeing Haruna (well of course , back then I didn't know who's who Tongue). After seeing many people likes SCANDAL there , SCANDAL had caught my interest .

Several days later , I was staying at a hotel for school's trip with my friends . At night , we were watching Animax , and ANIMAX MUSIX SPRING 2010 rerun was being shown . My friend and I noticed that SCANDAL was performing , and their performance there took more of my attention (I liked their Hajimete no Chuu , and I still like it now :D) . When I went home , I tried listening to their BEST*SCANDAL . I quite liked it , and when I listened to Temptation Box (especially Taikimi there) and Scandal Nanka Buttobase , boom .
SCANDAL fan :D

The President of The Avatarless Clan, back in action!! *insert some cool-looking pose here* xD
----------

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 FunCorneruserbar

United by the love for SCANDAL~
----------
damatte0924 : Ed, I wanna go back to being the old Lexy Darla, I don't want hair!! especially long and lavishing straight hair from a shampoo commercial D<
Back to top Go down

Really?
Posted Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:33 pm

sshinoda95

sshinoda95

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://twitter.com/nisyedlah
mc~ wrote:When I was in a YUI forum, I saw a thread that is named SCANDAL. I thought it was a Stereo Pony song since Stereo Pony was really famous in the forum. I wasn't a Stereo Pony fan so I didn't even tried opening it.

Then one day I opened the thread, and there I found out that it was an all-girls band that rocks. So I got curious and start gathering info about them. Then I found out they were the one who sang BLEACH's opening "Shoujo S", I've been watching BLEACH all this time and I didn't knew.

After that I watced the PV of "Shoujo S", the first time I saw them.
And the moment I saw HARUNA and heard her voice I immediately fell in-love. LOVE
That's the time I declared myself as a SCANDAL fan and began watching all their PVs and listening to all of their songs.
Buffing my PC with SCANDAL stuffs. Nice one

Then the story goes on ... .dance.

Well, almost the same story, but it's just that it's in an anime forum, and that I fell in love with Rina LOVE instead of Haruna! HAHA! .lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:57 pm

SL21

SL21

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
sshinoda95 wrote:
mc~ wrote:When I was in a YUI forum, I saw a thread that is named SCANDAL. I thought it was a Stereo Pony song since Stereo Pony was really famous in the forum. I wasn't a Stereo Pony fan so I didn't even tried opening it.

Then one day I opened the thread, and there I found out that it was an all-girls band that rocks. So I got curious and start gathering info about them. Then I found out they were the one who sang BLEACH's opening "Shoujo S", I've been watching BLEACH all this time and I didn't knew.

After that I watced the PV of "Shoujo S", the first time I saw them.
And the moment I saw HARUNA and heard her voice I immediately fell in-love. LOVE
That's the time I declared myself as a SCANDAL fan and began watching all their PVs and listening to all of their songs.
Buffing my PC with SCANDAL stuffs. Nice one

Then the story goes on ... .dance.

Well, almost the same story, but it's just that it's in an anime forum, and that I fell in love with Rina LOVE instead of Haruna! HAHA! .lol.

Yeah Right! Instead of Haruna! I have been addicted to Rina and Mami LOVE

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 Tumblr11
(c)^ owner of this photo
We love MUSIC, We love SINGING!
S-C-A-N-D-A-L
How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 10 Ub_tem10
credits to Tscorpion 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:23 pm

scankpearldal

scankpearldal

Caless Student
Caless Student
I met SCANDAL because of K-ON Onion Skipping

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:04 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
As I said in the introduction section, I think I was looking for an all-girl rock band on Youtube, just for fun, and the first thing that cape up was SCANDAL (Don't Say Lazy). I found them cute and their songs catchy. That was very late 2010 or very early 2011. For some reason my memory about that is a bit fuzzy.

When the Earthquake hit, I decided I wanted to do my part to help the Japanese economy by being a good customer, so I ordered their first album (Best SCANDAL) amongst other things, and I really liked it

EDIT: In fact you could say that, if not for the earthquake and tsunami, I wouldn't have gotten to know SCANDAL like this. I wanted to buy something but I didn't know what. Then I remembered a couple of groups I had seen and decided to go with that..

Last edited by Belz... on Mon May 23, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum