Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
babaloued wrote:
kaitanuva wrote:Will there be a "First Press Edition" for this album for CDJapan?
Everytime until it's out of "first press edition"
Have you preordered when they didn't specifically say they had "first press edition" yet? And did you get it regardless?

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 6 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:59 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
kaitanuva wrote:
babaloued wrote:
kaitanuva wrote:Will there be a "First Press Edition" for this album for CDJapan?
Have you preordered when they didn't specifically say they had "first press edition" yet? And did you get it regardless?
I've already preordered albums/cd without "first press edition" and you will not receive goods which supposed to come with. For the moment, "first press edition" seems to be available so there is no problem.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 6 Sans_t10
As it's indicated above, if you want the bonus which comes with "first press edition", you have to order when it's indicated.
Otherwise, it becomes like this
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 6 Captur10
and you won't receive goods if you order

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Aosaru

Aosaru

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

kaitanuva wrote:
babaloued wrote:
In the past, I've pre-ordered before the "first press" button even showed up and I got the bonus(like with Awanai, I got the poster and sticker). I think you are guaranteed the first press bonus so long as you order when the "first press" button is there or before that. If you order when the "first press sold out" button is there, chances are that it will be like babaloued said. Although, I got lucky once and got a first press single two years after it's release(SCANDAL Nanka Buttobase) when the "first press sold out" button was there...but I think in that case, you only receive the bonus that comes inside the CD.

@topic
I can't decide which version to buy. I usually get the CD+DVD edition but the t-shirt edition is tempting. Although, since I don't know what the t-shirt will look like, I will probably stick with the CD+DVD edition for now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:44 am

ScandalLove

ScandalLove

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, all of you are lucky to buy their album.. Very lucky =3 
I really do like the simplicity of this album. Simple yet attracting and cool.nice. 
They say the more simpler the more elegant haha

Looking forward to it ^^

.hi. 
Happy.Unity.Heart Strong.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:36 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Some info about the songs:

1. Brand new wave
Lyrics: TOMOMI, Tomokazu Yamada
Composition: Tomokazu Yamada
Arrangement: Keita Kawaguchi

2. OVER DRIVE
Lyrics & Composition: Yasutaka Nakata
Arrangement: Yasutaka Nakata, nishi-ken

3. Uchiagehanabi
Lyrics & Composition: Noriyasu Isshiki
Arrangement: Satori Shiraishi

4. Orange Juice
Lyrics: TOMOMI, Tajika Yuichi
Composition: Tajika Yuichi

5. Metronome
Lyrics & Composition: Yamaguchi Takashi

6. Weather report
Lyrics: RINA, Hibiki Nishikawa
Composition & Arrangement: Hibiki Nishikawa

7. Hachigatsu
Lyrics: HARUNA
Composition: MAMI
Arrangement: Hibiki Nishikawa

10. Koi no Gestalt Houkai
Lyrics: RINA
Composition: RINA, Hajimetal
Arrangement: AxSxE

12. Namida yo Hikare
Lyrics: MAMI, Hidenori Tanaka
Composition: Hidenori Tanaka
Arrangement: Satori Shiraishi

13. STANDARD
Lyrics: SCANDAL
Composition: MAMI
Arrangement: SCANDAL
Sources: http://www.tower.jp/item/3288058/
 http://www.yodobashi.com/STANDARD/pd/100000009001919505/

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added arrangement info + translated names into romaji)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:15 am

meloya

meloya

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://meloindex.com
wow MAMI composed several of the tracks! me liking this! .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:27 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Very great indeed that at least one of the member composed something in the album even if it is only two tracks, they had proved by the past that they are able to compose songs by themselves!^_^
Same for the lyrics parts!

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 am

Erick M

Erick M

International Performer
International Performer
So that is "Standard" Lyrics, Composed and Arrangement all by SCANDAL members Nice one

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 6 E-sign10
Please don't take my jokes too seriously
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 6 SAPOG0d
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:20 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
When I first read that STANDARD was composed, arranged and written by just SCANDAL, I thought that that was the 'standard' they were talking about for future releases... Like them writing, composing and arranging themselves. So this was the 'unnamed' song that was played a while ago... Interesting. Can't wait to hear it!

Somehow I knew Orange Juice was written by Tomo Tongue Normally, around the fifth song mark, it's a slow, ballad-like type. Eg. Bitter Chocolate, Burn and Namida no Regret. Wonder if they'll set out the tracklist differently this year... Ahhh October feels sooo far away~

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:04 am

ScandalLove

ScandalLove

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I knew it! There's a reason why it's Standard .clap. I've been waiting for this, a song that's written, arranged, and composed by Scandal themselves.

.hi. 
Happy.Unity.Heart Strong.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:06 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I have high expectations for Hachigatsu, Namida yo Hikare and STANDARD!

But maybe in the end the others songs are gonna be even better so who knows =P Yeah lso had a feeling TIMO was involved in ORANGE JUICE lol

I hope that STANDARD (song) will be rockish, it's important if it's written by them. I mean it wouldn't be great news if that song was a fully pop song... Of course one song doesn't mean anything but still, written only by SCANDAL and name of their new album. There is some meaning in it, so hopefully it's a great rock song.

But seriously october seems so far away, I want to listen to it NOW! .whiteflag.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:21 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think the song Hachigatsu (August) is something related to Scandal's formation or journey or something....

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:24 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yes I was thinking the same, especially now that we know HARU/MAMI worked on it. Also the month of HARU/RINA birthday so it's an important month for them. An we know it's a rockish song so I think it will be great!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:44 pm

MiaLuGee

MiaLuGee

International Performer
International Performer
I see that the girls have work hard for this Album it's will be great .wow.

walking with best friends   .lol.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:33 pm

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wooooow!mami and haru behind a song!i'm really a fan of these two =) and also timo and rina in different aspects =) gotta love this yr=)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:43 pm

akaisuko

akaisuko

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Awee ~ The releases is just one day before my birthday >_<
It could be my first scandal's album Happy
thanks for share >_<

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:28 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Nice, at least 3 songs are created mostly by SCANDAL themselves. I cannot wait for the album when ALL of their songs are made by them 100%

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 6 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:31 pm

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
as usual I'm going to wait for an iTunes release.  poor college student ftw

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:43 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
yes! the girls are back with songwriting and composing .clap. i missed Timo's lyrics

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 6 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:58 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
dunrite321 wrote:as usual I'm going to wait for an iTunes release.  poor college student ftw
If you are interested in getting a physical version for very cheap:

I got the limited edition DVD of the last album, Queens are Trumps, for $18 about 2 weeks after release. 

1. Some Hong Kong eBay sellers had the album in stock a few days after release for $28 free shipping.
2. If you use "Bill me Later" on eBay for the first time, they give you $10 back.
3. Buy album for $18 Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:29 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
finally scandal's back on compose stuffs by themself! I was waiting for this since queens are trumps (even if bitter chocolate isn't one of my fav, it's still made by rina and tomo ahah)
Hachigatsu and STANDARD are definitly the tracks I'm waiting to listen to more than all the rest. standard, lyrics made by scandal... must be about their new goals, wish and hopes for the band (or this is what I hope for) Nice one 

why on Weather report there's not credit for the music? no one knows?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:10 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
kaitanuva wrote:Nice, at least 3 songs are created mostly by SCANDAL themselves. I cannot wait for the album when ALL of their songs are made by them 100%
You shouldn't wait for that, it's unlikely to happen the way they work. They are not a rock band like many of us are used to, where it's just the band members creating music/lyrics.

The band and their company works with a lot of different artists and use their works if they like it or if they want to work with that person. As far as we know the girls have their word to say and they participate in many many songs (lyrics or music). It doesn't mean it's not their songs, they are involved in the process and everything and then it becomes a SCANDAL song.

I was a bit dissapointed when I learned about that but honestly it doesn't matter at all now. When they play a song it becomes their songs, they agreed to it and they play it, they sing it, etc.

But yes of course it's nice to see that a song is "100% SCANDAL" because we love them and it means the song is complete from their heart/mind, it comes from them entirely.

So yeah unlikely to happen for a full album, especially because of their crazy release rate.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:28 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ actually it should be better if scandal get ride of other composers.
I mean, to me a band can't be a band at 100% if they don't put tears and sweat in their own work. for how much they can agree with what others present to them, it's not the same thing and, personally, I feel the difference in tracks as bitter chocolate, very special, emotion or want you to all the others. it's something you can't not seems, the difference in the sound, easier but moves you from the inside just the way it, knowing is made by one of more of the girls.
it's a good thing that STANDARD have songs made by them, but there should be more. maybe scandal wants to be a totally different band and keep doing things differently than others, but still, you can't be taking seriously (no offence) if you keeps other do the 'band job' for how much you make those songs yours.
this is not a way of criticize them, but it's something I always wanted to say here. and it's pretty delusional seeing all those release and so few scandal's songs. because if you're a fan of others jrock band, which you can feel all their personality in the songs they make, and than you looks at songs credit of scandal's... it's sad.
but still, always looking forward scandal will do, always.

and for the 'especially because of their crazy release rate' this is why I always felt scandal release schedule wrong for a rock band, even in japan, too much stuff in one year, also the single+album release pattern. looks like they can considere themself as a band, but someones, who's in command, doesn't that much

sorry for the long quite off topic post. seems hard to stay on topic on those days here on scandal heaven >___>

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:46 pm

spin_along

spin_along

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The covers are awesome, and I love the fact that there's music made entirely by them. I was hoping for that in this album, and it makes me really happy.

I think it's really possible for them to work on all the music just themselves, but it will require a big change of heart/mind of their management/label. Let's not forget they're always evolving and changing, and maybe it will take some time for it to happen, but it may happen. 

About their release schedule, it doesn't make things impossible at all. You just have to look at bands like L'Arc~en~Ciel. These days they're really lazy (lol) but years back they used to release an album per year and a LOT of singles in between, and they even released ~two~ albums one year. All composed by themselves, as always, and they used to tour the hell out of the entire year just like Scandal.

Not saying that the girls should put up with the same kind of schedule and compose everything at the same time, just saying it's possible lol

But back to the album, I have a great feeling about it .wow. 
I'll get the CD+DVD version, for sure.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:51 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ agree. there are lot of band who produce themself who always go touring and have the time to keep a full release schedule active .chesttap. 

now that I think about it, how will be the tshirt appear? just a scandal logo, the cover of standard or something else? I'm curious *____* even because, if it's cool,I truly want to buy that version, but if scandal waits too much, it will go sold out ahah

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.