Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:24 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Of course I'd want to do HARU's TaiKimi CD jacket outfit. I think I could get it down to be pretty exact-looking.

BEAUTeen!! would be good/easy too! I got a plaid shirt off eBay a while ago that I was planning to make into a BEAUTeen!! one, so I'd be down to do that too.

Or, thinking of outfits outside of their official release ones, we could do a live outfit, like the ones they wore for AM2. Those would be pretty easy to do too.
I found some shorts off Ebay that resemble "Beauteen" for $16.

Spoiler:

The red shading is pretty close but the white stripes are single instead of double and pattern for the black boxes aren't even close.  If I can't find anything at the swap meet, I'll check out the fabric shop and see if anything comes closer to the pattern.  If all else fails, I'll have to settle for those.

Hands down, you can rock the "TaiKimi" tied shirt and pink striped tee more than I can.  Otherwise I may give off the wrong signals if I did all that too. :-O  HA HA! For accuracy purposes though, the pink striped tee is a go!  I can flip-flop those shorts for both "Beauteen" and "TaiKimi" if I can find a pattern in between but everything is looking good so far.

The AM2 outfits would be cool!  It could jog their memory a little bit as to where they've seen us before if they spot us from the stage (Of course the banner helps a wee bit db~  ).  Haruna would be like, "Oh snaps! It's Jade! Hey, get on stage!" *!JADE RAGE!*  HA HA! That ensemble would be nice since they'd recognize them pretty quick.  Easiest way would be taking an existing shirt and adding white fabric to the outer edges but I'm sure there's more to it than what I'm seeing. Custom cuffs, skull ties, long feather pennant?, Doc boots... hmm...

@ topic: Since Hawaiian Airlines is hosting the Ekiden, we should ask if we can score a group discount or an event package maybe?

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 3 Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:14 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Propglenn
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. ^^' I'd rather not run, I'm not sure my legs could handle any of those distances except maybe the first or second one, but even that's a long shot. But I'd be willing to pay the registration fee as well to get closer to the stage. I'm not sure how all of this works, but I wonder if it'd be possible for some of us to form a team and pay the registration fee, but not actually have to run and rather just support others from the side? I know the entire point of it is to run but it's also about teamwork, so maybe we could just show our support in a different way. ^^" If we have to run though, I suppose there's no harm in trying. :3

But I'm with you in rather not running but also wanting to be a bit closer to the stage. I guess that's a bit of a dilemma there on what to do.

@bigOeyez
That's a really good idea. I'm not sure if the Airline would go for it, but it's worth a shot in asking about it. If there's enough people, they might go for the idea since it would be better for both sides in the end. It would probably take a lot of convincing for it to happen though, unless they're already considering offering something like that when the event nears closer.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:15 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
bigOeyez wrote:I found some shorts off Ebay that resemble "Beauteen" for $16.

The red shading is pretty close but the white stripes are single instead of double and pattern for the black boxes aren't even close.  If I can't find anything at the swap meet, I'll check out the fabric shop and see if anything comes closer to the pattern.  If all else fails, I'll have to settle for those.
I found these on eBay too. I think they're just a bit more similar-looking since they have blue in them, like the BEAUTeen!! skirts.

Spoiler:

And too bad you wouldn't be down to wear a skirt: Avril Lavigne's Abbey Dawn line has a skirt in pretty much the exact BEAUTeen!! print but with black squares instead of blue.

Spoiler:

The AM2 outfits would be cool!  It could jog their memory a little bit as to where they've seen us before if they spot us from the stage (Of course the banner helps a wee bit db~  ).  Haruna would be like, "Oh snaps! It's Jade! Hey, get on stage!" *!JADE RAGE!*  HA HA! That ensemble would be nice since they'd recognize them pretty quick.  Easiest way would be taking an existing shirt and adding white fabric to the outer edges but I'm sure there's more to it than what I'm seeing. Custom cuffs, skull ties, long feather pennant?, Doc boots... hmm...
haha yessss, I could only hope that HARU would do that! Tongue The 'feather pennants' are actually chainette fringes, which are pretty easy to find. But yeah, I guess getting an entire outfit to look like theirs could be more difficult. The simpler the outfit, the more difficult it is to get away with not doing it perfectly, imo.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:18 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:And too bad you wouldn't be down to wear a skirt: Avril Lavigne's Abbey Dawn line has a skirt in pretty much the exact BEAUTeen!! print but with black squares instead of blue.

Spoiler:
A KILT! I may not be able to do a miniskirt but a kilt will work also. First look at the Avril skirt and it screamed "kilt" so it was a no brainer from there. HA HA!  The skirt is really NICE though. The red is vibrant and the pattern is dead on.  I get the feeling that this is from your personal collection? /smug

Cool, I put those shorts you posted into my watch list.  I did a quick search on kilts and it doesn't look like I'll find any good cheap ones soon so I'll prioritize that under shorts.  I did find the skull tie for "AM2" though. Sort of. Instead of being printed, it's made up of rhinsetones and instead of being a triple skull, it has a bone behind it.  There's a single skull print as well so that may be a better option.

And I have no idea why I said "feather pennant".  Pennants are huge! HA HA!!!

@ Airi:  You're required to run if you register as a runner.  A runner can take on multiple sections consecutively if you have less than a 6 man team but there's no subbing allowed.  Although like you said, it may not hurt to ask since you're donating money into the event.

Looking at the pictures from this past year, it looks like a standing room floor so we could possibly hold some spots open for anyone that didn't run.  Hopefully the other participants understand since we're all from the same group... or maybe we can contact the festival as well and let them know that we're a legit SCANDAL fan group and request a reserved section? Hehee

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:53 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
bigOeyez wrote:The skirt is really NICE though. The red is vibrant and the pattern is dead on.  I get the feeling that this is from your personal collection? /smug
haha nope, it was an eBay find. It's unfortunately no longer up, though; it was either sold or it just ended without being sold.

I did find the skull tie for "AM2" though. Sort of. Instead of being printed, it's made up of rhinsetones and instead of being a triple skull, it has a bone behind it.  There's a single skull print as well so that may be a better option.
Nice find! The skulls on their ties are actually made up of rhinestones too, not printed on, so that's practically a perfect match. But wow, $15 for that? It'd probably be cheaper to just get a plain tie and a rhinestone skull iron-on and make it like that, haha.

But yeah, since we'll probably see the band at least twice (hopefully at the airport + the day of the concert/race), I think I will try to do two outfits. I'll try to do HARU's TaiKimi for sure for the concert, and I'm not quite sure yet about the other for the airport. I might just stick with something simple, like HARU's Kagen no Tsuki outfit since I already have her exact outfit. Tongue

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:06 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@bigOeyez
Ah that was the response I was scared of getting, even though it was probably an obvious answer lol. c: I guess I might have to email them eventually and ask about it, I'm hoping the answer will be a yes. In the meantime though, I guess the next task would be to finding people to form a team with. Although finding people might be the hardest part, I don't really know any other scandal fans personally. xD

I like your other idea a lot though lol. c: It'd probably be preferable for a lot of people too. :3 Do events like this usually do that kind of stuff? I don't really know how any of this works. Kind of figuring it out as it goes along. .sweat.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:09 am

harunaonoofsukyandaru71

harunaonoofsukyandaru71

Caless Student
Caless Student
wow!! I find it odd that the band has fans in Hawaii but I envy them too. as always Philippines is left out "sob".

Uldred wrote:Oh man, I want to go so badly, but it's so expensive for such a short show Sad
"my advise to you is don't worry too much about the expense, you will always have money,but a Scandal concert might be a one time experience and you may  never get another chance to see them. When Megadeth and Sum 41 visited the Philippines, i too worried about money and decided not to see them. Now I only  feel regret because it's a far likelihood that they will go back here."

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged double posts. Next time, edit your first post to add something)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:49 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Nice find! The skulls on their ties are actually made up of rhinestones too, not printed on, so that's practically a perfect match. But wow, $15 for that? It'd probably be cheaper to just get a plain tie and a rhinestone skull iron-on and make it like that, haha.

But yeah, since we'll probably see the band at least twice (hopefully at the airport + the day of the concert/race), I think I will try to do two outfits. I'll try to do HARU's TaiKimi for sure for the concert, and I'm not quite sure yet about the other for the airport. I might just stick with something simple, like HARU's Kagen no Tsuki outfit since I already have her exact outfit. Tongue
Oh it's rhinestones? Sweet! Yeah it'd be way cheaper if we just make those.  We can pick up a few ties and some skulls for about $15 from Chinatown... or a tiny bedazzler if we can't find the iron-ons. HA HA! 

I'm looking at Friday-Monday for this trip so I may miss them at the airport... actually everyone here stateside could miss them if they decide to fly in a few days earlier to take in the sights. D<  It's still a long time away so itineraries are still pending but I'll match whatever you decide to wear for the concert.  My outfit will just end up looking like regular clothes if they don't recognize it off the back.  If I can catch them at the airport, I'll do Rina's STANDARD. HA! Yeah it's way easy and probably not recognizable stand alone but nonetheless stylish for both SCANDAL and Hawaii. Hehee

Found these shoes similar to Tomo's and Rina's styles. (Minus all of the intricate details and material for Rina's. Way too fancy for my blood but you get the idea.)
Spoiler:

@ Airi: Heh, it was wishful thinking to get the reserved section but it'd be up to SCANDAL's management rather than the event.  Epic could probably request the leeway if they personally approve but as far as the event goes, they'd be reluctant to do so since they really don't know what SCANDAL Heaven is entirely, other than just another fan group.  SCANDAL and their management pretty much recognize SH so the decision is in their hands I would think.

As long as we're there and SCANDAL knows that SH is in the crowd, it's icing on the cake and then some!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:51 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
comment video for Honolulu Ekiden from SCANDAL!

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 3 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 3 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:19 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for posting the video! Here's my translation of it:

H: Everyone viewing Honolulu Ekiden & Music's homepage, we are SCANDAL! This is the first event that combines an ekiden and a festival! It's new! We're really looking forward to it. This will be our first live in Hawaii and we can't wait. It's our first time going there.

T: It is. My parents had their wedding ceremony in Hawaii, and I've heard tons about it. I'm so envious! They always brag about it, and I'll finally be going.

H: And about the live--

R+M: We're really happy.

R: We go overseas every year for a tour or live, and this is our first time in Hawaii. When it was announced that we'd be going to play a live, there were many people on Twitter that said, "Ah, I live in Hawaii. I can't readily go to Japan, so I finally can go to a live here!" I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.

H: There's an ekiden before the live, and I think our fans will enjoy that too. We'll be waiting for you in Honolulu! That's it for SCANDAL! Bye bye!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Wizard Haru

Wizard Haru

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://wizardharu.tumblr.com/
I'm so going as well!  TRIP TO HAWAII IN JUNE!!
 Also I don't mind joining in the run with the others to get closer to the stage Happy

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 3 Haruna_zps9bffb496
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:53 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Wizard Haru: Nice! The more the merrier! I posted up course info on the previous page so you can look that up for info but the most you'll need to train for is 6mi under an hour.  In a worst case scenario, at least 10mi in 2hrs if you end up in a team less than 6 members.

Plenty of time to get some good training in since it's more than half a year away but I tell you... all that turkey & ham from the other night, plus whatever is coming on Xmas & New Years and the rest of the time in between... it'll all cancel out my progress. HA HA!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:55 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
Not sure if anyone posted the english webiste, the english got updated with next year's info so here's the link to the english website

http://www.hnlekiden.org/

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 3 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 3 2282749210

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Meteorgun7

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.facebook.com/Meteorgun7
I really need to go to this!!!! I'm from Chicago, USA. I'm actually going on a Paramore cruise that March, so hopefully I have enough money left over to go to this in June!

Last edited by Meteorgun7 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:29 am

Jikan~

Jikan~

International Performer
International Performer
got to book my flight there  .toj.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 3 SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:31 pm

*Haru~Chan*

*Haru~Chan*

Caless Student
Caless Student
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO !!!!!!! FINALLY !!!!!!!!!! I'll see you guys there !!!! All of you fans in Hawaii, THIS IS IT!! We can finally see them !!!!

Last edited by *Haru~Chan* on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add a sentence lol)

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 3 Count_12  .love.
❤️ Mami-chan
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:20 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I have registered for the race but have not paid. I also emailed the ekiden in regards to registering and paying but not running. Hopefully they will reply soon. I will post when I have gotten a reply. It might help if others who do not want to run also email them about our concerns.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:17 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Glenn: You registered by yourself?! That's like $400!... Heh, scared yah didn't I?  But seriously, it's around $400 per team (2-6 people split) until the end of January.  Registration fees go up at the end of March, then one more time at the end of April.
(EDIT: Whoopsies! Read post below.)

If they do give you a special pricing on the side, then that would be awesome! Keep an eye out on that $400 price tag though... that's a lot!

Last edited by bigOeyez on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:24 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
bigOeyez wrote:But seriously, it's around $400 per team (2-6 people split) until the end of January.  Registration fees go up at the end of March, then one more time at the end of April.

Actually, that pricing is only for the Japanese runners. It's definitely more affordable for non-Japanese.

The prices vary depending on how many people are on a team, with a 2 person minimum for one team. According to this page on the English site, it's $210 until the end December for a 5-6 person team ($35 per person for a 6 person team), and they're raising it for a 6 person team to $270 from 1/1-2/17, then to $330 from 2/18-5/19, and finally to $510 from 5/31 onwards.

You can register here for the race and only pay when you're ready to. I signed up/made an account on that as well but haven't paid yet. It kind of looks like one person within your team has to make the payment in full.

So we really should all register & pay soon before the price jumps up! I think Erich, Neil, Alan, possibly Jerry, and I will sign up for one team. One more person is welcome to join us!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:57 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm planning on going so I wouldn't mind grouping with you guys, Jade. I should be good to run a segment by then if we do end up having to...

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:51 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Actually, that pricing is only for the Japanese runners. It's definitely more affordable for non-Japanese.

The prices vary depending on how many people are on a team, with a 2 person minimum for one team. According to this page on the English site, it's $210 until the end December for a 5-6 person team ($35 per person for a 6 person team), and they're raising it for a 6 person team to $270 from 1/1-2/17, then to $330 from 2/18-5/19, and finally to $510 from 5/31 onwards.

Oh thank gawd!!! I saw the registration link but failed to see the PDF link below it. 
 Onion Depress 
But those prices are totally doable.

I'm down to run with you guys as well but if Sam is #6, then I'll be open to run with any open team. I can take multiple sections if need be so it can be 2-6... but I'm not crazy enough to run 5 sections by myself if it's a 2 man team or something like that. HA HA!  

And agreed that registration should be done soon.

@ 320x200: I request that you train and run in the Dobon Dobon tracksuit! It's perfect for the event!

@ Topic:  Who here at SH really wants to run in a team?  It has to be a definite answer since the first pricing deadline is coming up.  1 team is accounted for so I'll be an extra man on the side as well as:

hawaii fan - hawaii
wizard haru - usa
space ranger - usa
propglenn - usa (registration)
airi chan - usa (registration)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I got a reply from the Ekiden in regards to some of us running and some of us not and procedures for audience positioning.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our 2nd Annual Honolulu Ekiden and Music 2014. 
We are as excited as you are to have such exciting artists from Japan perform after the Honolulu Ekiden on June 1, 2014!
Our registration site just recently went “live” and we hope to finalize our website very soon. 
We are actually still working on the details of the concert portion and therefore we don’t have a definitive answer for you at the moment. 
As soon as decisions are finalized, we will contact you.  But for those in your fan group who are interested in running the race, please let them know that registration is “open”!

Sincerely,
The Honolulu Ekiden and Music Team
[/size]

So I guess we will have to wait. As I posted before, It probably wouldn't hurt to send an email asking for info and to also mention SCANDAL HEAVEN.

Last edited by propglenn on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the formatting)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:25 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
sorry i have another team i'm participating with. lol i have friends who i'm running with because we're trying to have a shot at the free round trip tickets to Japan if you come in first.

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Huh, interesting... It would be cool if they'd open the front up to runners and "premium tickets" or something like that.

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Meteorgun7

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.facebook.com/Meteorgun7
I'm still not sure if I'm going yet, won't really know until my vacation that is during March....really want to go though!!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.