TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalbaby.wordpress.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (13 votes)

Part one: 'What kind of guy do you like?'

SCANDAL GIRL’s TALK: As expected, we need love songs!

There are many outlooks on love, and they change over time, but therefore! As expected! We are going to keep singing 「LOVE SONGS」So, we present a refreshing interview on SCANDAL’s “present” philosophy on love!

"After a wonderful love affair comes …  a concert where the four of us ◎◎!!! (laughs)"

Sitting down together, they try to be formal, and begin their rather punchy love conversation. As a group, they can usually be called a band, but indeed, as four girls, they have four perspectives on love. It’s all girl talk without a single word of anything music-related – please enjoy what they have to say!

This is almost too awesome. XD:

Part Two: How do you act when you're in love? Or, to confess or not confess? XD
Part Three: What happens after you get married?

In related news:
BABY ACTION 100Q & 100A - the girls answer 100 random questions.
BABY ACTION Album Interview - they discuss some aspects of the album, where the name comes from, and some of their experiences while recording, like RINA's first time singing in the recording booth.

Last edited by SH_Staff on Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:01 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links~)

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

Translations on SCANDAL HEAVEN:
SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down
Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Ah very interesting interview, and I should say, as always when it comes to love matters!^o^"
I am like them concerning the age of boyfriends, I prefer older people, like Rina and Tomo, any age is suitable! (but not too much old all the same lol!^^")
Thanks a lot for your work and share of those interviews!Wink

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down
jrld

jrld

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://last.fm/user/jrldsng
Well... there goes my hopes and dreams...
Hahaha.
Thanks for this!

【BABY ACTION】 SCANDAL Girl's Talk & Love Conversation Forsh10
Back to top Go down
kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Not a surprise actually, alot of women in their early 20s prefer older guys. Which sucks for most guys like me who like same age ;.;

【BABY ACTION】 SCANDAL Girl's Talk & Love Conversation 61185
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Opposite for me, my dream is still alive because I'm older than them  Happy Onion But it's probably the only thing I have going for me ^^

Always funny to read a conversation about love like that. Seems like the age thing is important for them or I guess it's maybe more general to Japan? Or maybe it's just something girls that age think about.

TIMO seems to have a special idea of what she wants lol. The others too but usually it doesn't end up like that and it mostly depends on the person you meet.

Funny if HARU got "mad" or annoyed when they talked about how the look is the most important for her. Maybe she felt a bit misunderstood or didn't like the fact that the others think that.

Anyway, I wonder how their love life looks. It's great that they keep it private but I'm still curious and wonder if they have found their someone special :)I hope they do.

Thanks for the (improved with photos!!) translation  Nice one 

Back to top Go down
MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hahaha this is epic!  .clap. 

I'm a year older than Haru so I guess I passed the age requirement but in terms of looks, mehh.. Hehe thank you for translation. I wonder when was this interview conducted?

【BABY ACTION】 SCANDAL Girl's Talk & Love Conversation Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down
somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well... the truth hurts, but it comes to no surprise.

Interesting to find out their type of guy that they would like to date, let's hope the right one would come to them in the near future. (Mami's expectation is NEAR impossible with her like Joseph Joestar. You can't be as manly as him! LOL)

Thanks Tanya, your translations are always awesome.

【BABY ACTION】 SCANDAL Girl's Talk & Love Conversation NAcXfXa
Credits go to Scandalsuki 
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Tomomi likes older guys...then I have a chance...hehe

【BABY ACTION】 SCANDAL Girl's Talk & Love Conversation Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
Mati Saurus

Mati Saurus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Interesting, interesting. Maybe it's too short, I would like to know a little more, specially from Mami. They should talked longer :p

【BABY ACTION】 SCANDAL Girl's Talk & Love Conversation V9BqnPG

Tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tara tun tun tun tara tun tun tin tun

tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tan tananan tan taaan nanan
Kill the virgin
Back to top Go down
TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (7 votes)

Part Two: How do you act when you're in love?

MAMI ... I have no words!:

Discuss away~! One more part to go~!

This interview was conducted the year BABY ACTION was released, so in 2011 some time?

Part Three: What happens after you get married?

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Sun May 18, 2014 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added links~)

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:Tomomi likes older guys...then I have a chance...hehe

Depends, do you have "Ha" eyebrows and make quick decisions?!  .common. 

TanyaLilac wrote:This interview was conducted the year BABY ACTION was released, so in 2011 some time?

Came out in August so I suppose it was done before that, probably first part of 2011.

That second part was really funny and they are so different  .omg.  RINA is old school it seems, completely different from MAMI, their discussion made me laugh ^^ But she is also the youngest, she must have changed since 2011 especially because I feel she got much more confident. Hard to picture her never confess if she fell in love, the current RINA would IMHO.

MAMI is so aggressive lol, the lyrics "I am a Hunter! I'm going hunting!" in SITH suddenly have another meaning!  .common.  What do you think about that MAMI fans? Getting scared? .common. 

TIMO hasn't fall in love yet (at that time) like they say, I think the feelings keep growing when you meet someone special  Onion Smile 

And HARU, well it's exactly the HARU I imagine no surprise there ^^ I love the reaction from RINAxMAMI when HARU says "But if I get impatient, I’ll just confess anyway".

And no surprise on that part either "I would become extremely jealous, and I think I would try and restrain them. I think I’m a bit of a possessive type", easy to imagine the look she would give him, you know the HARU death stare  .nani. 

Thanks for the translations, it's fun!

Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
RINA: When I imagine MAMI going out with someone, I feel sorry for them.

MAMI: What if it was you?

RINA: Geez, no, I would give up on living.

MAMI: Ahahahaha.

RINA: Every day would be too much to bear, I think.

^^That part was so hilarious! This whole talk reminds me of their interview with T.M Revolution back in 2012 and he was commenting on what type of guys they'd choose. He was totally right when he mentioned a guy that Rina could easily fangirl over was the type of person she'd be interested in. Tongue

Back to top Go down
TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

Part Three: What happens after you get married, RINA?

That song will never be the same again.:

I hope you've enjoyed this interview~ I don't have anything planned for a while since I've out-translated myself for now, if anyone has any kind of requests of what they'd like to see next, drop me a line~

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Thu May 22, 2014 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm silly.)

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
lol TIMO, all members pregnant and play on stage  .whistle. SCANDAL the Ame Pregnant Band! Saw the SCANDAL Baby joke coming ^^

Not sure how much RINA was serious here but I guess it's half serious/half joke. Must be how she felt a little bit but it's not that fun to read to be honest... I doubt current RINA would say that, she is much more confident and it's impossible she gets replaced anyway.

I love how HARU stays out of the conversation but makes the joke at the end ^^

Still, I wonder if this could happen in a near future. I mean with one of the girls getting pregnant. I suppose it would be usual business at first then they would have to stop lives for a few months near the end and simply work in studio on new songs until that member is back. But considering what I heard about Japan and birth rate I guess they are not thinking about that at all right now.

Don't have a suggestion for your next translation but thanks for this one!!

Back to top Go down
Key_

Key_

Caless Student
Caless Student
That was just amazing to read,

I laugh a bit too much at some part !

Thank you for the translation really !  Nice one

Back to top Go down
waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thank you so much for the translations! It is hilarious xD Made me laugh so much... they're all so different and at certain times, unexpected!

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
That was pretty funny and enlightening too. Though it's kind of sad how they talk about guys in the abstract; I guess they really don't have time for relationships at this stage.

Everything they say totally matches with how I think of each of their personalities, though. I love Haruna most but Mami does make me laugh.

Back to top Go down
mappotofu

mappotofu

Caless Student
Caless Student
That was hilarious, thank you so much for the translations!
I wonder if they've changed their expectations for love since then? 
Hahaha Rina already had a scenario planned out  Onion XD 
But there's a part I didn't understand... One moment she's like "I die, I want you to break up the band (laughs)" and then later she says "I seriously want you to look for a new drummer. I can’t die and leave things like this." So... was she just joking for the 1st one and then seious for the 2nd...?

Onion Sigh No matter how long I sleep, it's never enough...  
Back to top Go down
Mati Saurus

Mati Saurus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think that the phantom Rina would plan to haunt the band forever.

Rinax wrote:RINA: That’s why, you know, more than dying, I’m so much more scared of a new drummer coming along. (Half crying). Oh, it’d be the worst~! When I see you guys hanging out with someone I don’t know, I get jealous too …
MAMI: Well, then what would you do if we recruited a new member, and only hung out with people you didn’t know ? (Bullying!)
RINA: I think you’d find me floating in the Meguro river (laughs). It’s really horrible, honestly if it happened, I’d want the band to dissolve, and I want you to all be on break while I’m not around. (Cries)

She's in a crossroad there with her jealousy and her sense of responsability :p

【BABY ACTION】 SCANDAL Girl's Talk & Love Conversation V9BqnPG

Tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tara tun tun tun tara tun tun tin tun

tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tan tananan tan taaan nanan
Kill the virgin
Back to top Go down
Koi no Kajitsu

Koi no Kajitsu

International Performer
International Performer
Eeeh, what was that? Talking about death and pregnancy... two things I can't even imagine happening to them. hahaha (I know someday it will,though...)
Rina is extreme. LOL

Btw, thanks for translating it. ^^

【BABY ACTION】 SCANDAL Girl's Talk & Love Conversation D5QwpNd

{恋の果実}
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
mappotofu wrote:But there's a part I didn't understand... One moment she's like "I die, I want you to break up the band (laughs)" and then later she says "I seriously want you to look for a new drummer. I can’t die and leave things like this." So... was she just joking for the 1st one and then seious for the 2nd...?

I feel like something might have been a little lost in translation - we're not in the room with them seeing facial expressions, and often Japanese and English phrases don't easily equate. After the last part you quoted, she later says:

"That’s why, you know, more than dying, I’m so much more scared of a new drummer coming along. (Half crying). Oh, it’d be the worst~!"

I think more than anything, she can't bear the thought of them playing with a different drummer. So my impression is that she was half-joking the first time, half-serious the second time, but what she really wants is for them not to play with anyone else. So really the first thing she said is more her true feelings, even if she was actually joking. The "I seriously want you to look for a new drummer" sounds like something she's saying to please the other three, so they don't feel obligated to break up if she's no longer available.

Back to top Go down
mappotofu

mappotofu

Caless Student
Caless Student
@spacecadet: Oh I see... thank you for taking the time to explain it ^^
Haaa... I don't even want to imagine the band breaking up or changing members   Onion Cry

Back to top Go down
TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@space, mappotofu

No, it was just me being silly and putting in a slightly outdated translation because I had to consult my Kansai-ben expert on her expression T_T I was confused, though, because she says right after, "I can't die and leave things like this!"

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down
mappotofu

mappotofu

Caless Student
Caless Student
@TanyaLilac: Oh well thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding ^^ 
The fact that you're even translating all these interviews is already very nice of you  Nice one

Back to top Go down
mumu

mumu

Caless Student
Caless Student
hahahahaha as i can said , Rina and Haru really can makea good spouse ahhh ~ such a lucky guy who will be their couple/husband heheh . Rina so me >< we had the same feeling .happy.that last part3 soooo FUNNY ! .lol. aduhhhhh tomami so mean !! but still i love u mami .love.

"Queens don't reach the top just by being cute" - Queens are Trumps
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum