Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:15 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SCANDAL will be performing in South Korea at INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014.

Dates: 2014/08/01 (Fri.) ~ 03 (Sun.)
※SCANDAL will be performing on 8/3 (Sun.).
Venue: South Korea ・ Incheon Songdo Park PENTA
Time: Open - 10:30 / Start - 12:30
Performers: Please check the event's site

http://pentaportrock.com/?mode=2014#ticket/lang=jp

SCANDAL MANIA pre-sale:
Acceptance period: 6/16 (Mon.) 10:00 - 7/21 (Mon.) 23:59
Price: 7,700 yen FC special discount price (77,000 Korean Won)

SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
that great 
looks like they had never been to korea

Almond Crush Team  .love.
@kakotov
Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ah Haruna must be stoked! Looks like they've really started to play in overseas festivals since last year's Sonic Bang. Quite a few Japanese artists there that I see like Crossfaith and Orange Range; I wonder who else will be announced.

Does anybody know SCANDAL's popularity in Korea though? It doesn't seem that much seeing as Korea has a variety of their own distinct artists (K-pop).

Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Wow! Finally the time had come, Scandal as Japan's representative to conquer Korea (audience)!

Back to top Go down
kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Wow Korea? Didn't see that coming! Do we even have any Korean members?

Hmm at this rate, maybe the next country is somewhere in Europe??

SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 61185
Back to top Go down
reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
the amount of overseas live of scandal is overmelting compared to other japanese band!! this should make everyone proud.

Back to top Go down
Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It really surprised me to hear this. I'm happy for them though! It's a new place they haven't been before. It gives them a chance for new experiences (both personal and as a band) while also helping them gain more fans internationally. It'll probably be really good exposure for them to gain a larger international fanbase, specifically a larger Korean fanbase.

The girls are definitely branching out more internationally these days. c: I hope their live in Korea is well received~

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
It's a great news I think!

SCANDAL will be happy to play in another country again I think and HARUNA must be really happy too since she loves K-POP she must have wanted to go there ^^

It also is great to see that SCANDAL will play again outside Japan, this is a very good news for international fans. Yes it's "only" South Korea, not a country on the other side of the world but still it shows again that they want and love to play outside Japan. So there is a lot of hope for the future  Nice one 

I suppose this time it's just a festival right? Not on TV or some special fan meeting? ^^

Back to top Go down
bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
oh wow
I've always wondered if SCANDAL will ever perform in Korea haha
now, there's gonna be more international fans for them~

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down
mylastonepiece

mylastonepiece

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
WOW! I literally screamed when I saw this. I'm a big fan of both Japanese and Korean music, and SCANDAL being my most favorite band of all going to a country which I also love, is making me extremely happy!! This is such a great news, I hope the girls will have fun there as much as they had in Hawaii~  .hora. 

and I kind of hope too, that Haru will meet her fav K-idols lol. this is the chance

SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 GwLkWlB

SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 Ub

Follow my SCANDAL tumblr: http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down

maryel

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Tantrum Onion I'm so jelly why not Philippines (but happy about it)

Back to top Go down
tomomilover

tomomilover

International Performer
International Performer
that was a good surprise Happy

I like a few korean artists too, and having scandal there will be great haha

that's nice they're playing more overseas Happy)

SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 TVajCc2

.love. 
Back to top Go down
Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Good news for them!♥♥♥♥
I hope they could hear and why not meet Kasabian during that festival, it will be so nice and rock!!o(^o^)o

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down
metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
for once i'm excited for them for an overseas live that isn't in where I live. it's freaking SOUTH KOREA, where their music and entertainment industry far outshines plenty of other countries in terms of overseas popularity and exposure. they could have invited any number of their own artistes which are popular everywhere, but instead they invited SCANDAL of all people along with some other japanese acts as well. considering the number of korean artistes who have made the step into Japan, i'm really happy SCANDAL has made the move in the opposite direction even if it's just for a live. it's going to be great for their exposure.

now it's just to see how well they will be received there, i have no idea how koreans regard japanese music in general considering the amount of popular local music produced there.

SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down
Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
good news!

time to conquer Korea! Happy

on a more serious note, they wont be invited to perform in South Korea if there is no demand or interest in them (because SONY). so they must have fans there. i hope. rock-on girls! o/

SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 VbIpsX2
Back to top Go down
AndraFahlevi

AndraFahlevi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://andrafahlevi.wordpress.com
It's Good news SCANDAL will be performing in South Korea at INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014. and they are must eat rice bread (Tteokbokki). typical Korean food or snacks
SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 10415610

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Does anyone has more information about this event? Is it a huge Korean festival on TV? Or just a "normal" one?

Back to top Go down
reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Does anyone has more information about this event? Is it a huge Korean festival on TV? Or just a "normal" one?
looks like KBS (korean tv) aired last year festival (you can find some video on youtube, as fall out boy performance), so I think they'll do it this year too? never heard about this festival before so everything is new to me (and also to the majority of everyone here)  .whistle.

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Oh right! Here is their channel it seems : https://www.youtube.com/user/pentaportrock/videos

They have videos from 2012 and 2013 so I imagine we will get at least some kind of video from SCANDAL! Actually I wasn't thinking about youtube vids, more about a normal TV but in the end as long as we could get some videos of SCANDAL I don't care the format ^^

And judging by the crowd the festival looks HUGE! Look at the promo vid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6U4gUjtGRk

Back to top Go down
reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I just hope that, if KBS will air the festival, some Korean fan will record it and post it. I don't think Japanese TV has kbs channels

Back to top Go down
Mewchi

Mewchi

Caless Student
Caless Student
#OMGTHIS :O it makes me want to go to korea! After all that day is my birthday! No Parties for me! I must a lot of money for this wonderful event! #TripToKorea! ^_^

#Scandal4Ever! \m/ Happy

*i must save my money! #LOL :D

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged double posts. Next time, please edit your first post if you wish to add something.)

WCHÏ .cool. 
Back to top Go down
MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I was surprised when I heard this news as well.  From what I saw, it seems like a pretty big music festival. 
I'm glad to to see ORANGE RANGE on the bill too.  (Koza City represent!)  Hohoho Onion 

Anyway, I wonder if KBS World will air this.  Maybe not the whole thing, but at least some of it.  I heard from my mom that she saw Aqua Timez on one of KBS's live music shows on TV, so I'm hoping that SCANDAL will get some airtime.  If not, I guess there's always YouTube....

Back to top Go down
Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
OuO i would really like them to meet 2ne1 and BIGBANG again *.* I also wonder will we have photos from airport since Korean people always take pictures of artists in airports haha. I hope that setlist will be different too. Honestly, I don't want them to play songs that they perform really often like TaiKimi, Satisfaction and etc. 

Since korea has their own musical industry i wonder how many people know about girls. Visit in Korea will help them to gain more international fans that makes me really happy! .clap.

SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
I lived in Korea one and a half year. Their rock festivals are big, Pentaport gets big international names. It's hard to gauge how big foreign groups are in Korea since you can't really point at charts to see it. I saw all the SCANDAL albums with Korean packaging in record stores though.  I'm sure they've got plenty of fans, through anime soundtracks as well - could possibly have played on the main stage but the stage they're performing on is not that small 

SCANDAL @ INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL 2014 BQuAT9QCYAArotx

Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SCANDAL will playing on the Dream Stage on the last day, 8.3.14

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum