Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」
Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Lol how Tomomi uses her fingers in the MV , but uses a pick in this Live version. She definitely might use it in Futari.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Never seen Tomomi using a pick before. Maybe she hurt her hand?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm

polysix

polysix

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Tuba wrote:Never seen Tomomi using a pick before. Maybe she hurt her hand?
She uses a pick depending on the song. In the Temptation box era she used a pick on Hi-Hi-Hi and would throw the pick to the crowd right before her bass solo.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:25 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@polysix

Yes I remember that, I would give a lot to own a pick Tomomi has owned Happy

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 9 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That's a pretty awesome way of alternating between a pick and your fingers.

Any bassist here to explain the difference? I've knew some bassists that would look down to people that used picks...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:18 pm

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
"Koisuru Universe" on Premium Melodix!:

#front-page #koisuruuniverse

PS: If anyone knows of a good program to cut .ts videos with with little loss in quality, please kindly let me know.

Don Dio wrote:Either my speakers at work are garbage, or this is a new radio rip copy than what we heard last week

It's the exact same rip.  Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 9 1f61b

I think Adobe Premier Pro can do it . If it can't: use HandBrake, with very high quality settings, to convert it in mp4/mkv/avi/etc and then use Adobe Premier Pro or whatever software you like.

About the video, I like it more than the MV. Also Haruna seems to sing/sound better live than in the studio recording.

EDIT: You can cut videos directly in HandBrake

Last edited by park23 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:10 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:PS: If anyone knows of a good program to cut .ts videos with with little loss in quality, please kindly let me know.

tsMuxeR

https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

Zero loss in quality.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:07 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
HitenMitsurugi wrote:Are you going to translate?? :D :D :D :D

Yes, I've been working on subs.

Tuba wrote:Any bassist here to explain the difference? I've knew some bassists that would look down to people that used picks...

They're not very good people if they look down at others for minor stuff like that. Tongue I'm not a bassist, but TOMO at least tends to use picks during fast tempo songs (a pick makes it easier to play faster, it seems like) like "Hi-Hi-Hi." If you look up their performance of it during SCANDAL vs Budokan, you'll see her using a pick.

She did mention in a recent interview that she was considering using a pick to play "Futari" live due to it being a fast tempo song.

TOMOMI: This song has a fast tempo, so finger picking was pretty tough (laughs). I'm kind of unsure whether or not to use a pick to play it live.

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t13951-natalie-scandal-s-koisuru-universe-interview

park23 wrote:I think Adobe Premier Pro can do it . If it can't: use HandBrake, with very high quality settings, to convert it in mp4/mkv/avi/etc and then use Adobe Premier Pro or whatever software you like.

About the video, I like it more than the MV. Also Haruna seems to sing/sound better live than in the studio recording.

EDIT: You can cut videos directly in HandBrake

Thanks; I had been thinking of using Adobe Premiere. I'll try Handbrake too.

joon wrote:tsMuxeR

https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

Zero loss in quality.

Thanks; I tried it but it's giving me error messages when I try to open the file. :/

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:19 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Thanks; I tried it but it's giving me error messages when I try to open the file. :/

I tried it too (probably using the same ts file as you), and it gave me an error as well. This typically happens either when you have Japanese characters in the file name, or if there is something wrong with the file itself.

Normally it works great to cut ts-files.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 pm

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Tuba wrote:That's a pretty awesome way of alternating between a pick and your fingers.

Any bassist here to explain the difference? I've knew some bassists that would look down to people that used picks...
Just personal preference, but I play guitar not bass, so a bassist should weigh in. Paul McCartney often plays with a pick ...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:54 pm

paperplane

paperplane

Caless Student
Caless Student
mbowie4321 wrote:
Tuba wrote:That's a pretty awesome way of alternating between a pick and your fingers.

Just personal preference, but I play guitar not bass, so a bassist should weigh in. Paul McCartney often plays with a pick ...
What thoseguiltyeyes said above is right. It's just easier to play fast parts with less effort. She also used a pick for "Konya wa Pizza Party".

"Koisuru Universe" is great. Keeps getting better the more I listen to it. I wasn't really feeling Haruna's vocals on the verse parts, but they grew on me. Same thing happened with a lot of the stuff on YELLOW so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The chorus and bridge are awesome. 

As for the video...mixed feelings. I do like that it's more artistic for a change rather than the usual linear story + band playing. My favorite part is Rina clutching the old rotary dial phone while the slightly more modern corded phone lays on top of her. Lots of cool aesthetics with the fashion and set design. First watching it, I thought the video was some kind of the parody of "sexy" videos and stuff designed to titillate with all the silly food scenes. Especially the milk scene.  8-| But then the kiss happened so...? I'd be shocked to think they trying to send any kind of serious message with that in context of the rest of the video, but who knows. The only clear message I got from the video was that we all should be wearing Converse.  =Dp

I only listened to radio rip of "Futari" twice, but it's pretty cool. Different and more rocking than I was expecting. My complaint would be that it sounds too much like a lot of other current j-rock bands with that style of guitar playing. Missing some kind of SCANDAL-ness to it. But still cool song anyway.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Watching the live vid over and over again, I liked that Haruna is singing her usual low pitch voice than the studio one. And Mami looks so cool and pretty with that Marilyn Monroe hair style.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:31 pm

CanadianClub

CanadianClub

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oh man wouldn't that be amazing to have that interview translated ! Sounds like it would be a LOT of fun to know what was said !! A lot of work though for sure ! Sounds like Mami and Tomomi got put on the spot there for a bit lol

Thanks for the link Jade ! Always great to be able to read and interview Happy Your time in that is always appreciated Happy

Last edited by CanadianClub on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:40 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
CanadianClub wrote:Sounds like Mami and Tomomi got put on the spot there for a bit lol

What MAMI and TOMO talked about was actually something they already talked about before. Wink

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t13896-scandal-s-radio-appearances#750179

(Under the "Scandals seen by SCANDAL" spoiler, MAMI's story)

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:10 am

CanadianClub

CanadianClub

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I do agree, if this was Scandal 9-10 years ago, a director may have been able to convince them to take this approach on the video. All members are a lot older now, and have a solid grasp of what and who they are as a band and individuals. They are now fully in control of their lyrics and their sound and I would be greatly surprised if this wasn't the case for their videos as well. This is a band much in control of their label and their identity. They have their reasons for including the content in the video. Whether they make that public or not is up to them, and I support whatever decision they choose. I loved Koisuru Universe the first time I heard it. Futari isn't immediate for me, but I think it rocks and I want to listen to it more. I think the direction for the next album looks very promising.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:49 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Thanks; I tried it but it's giving me error messages when I try to open the file. :/

So I found a solution to this problematic file. If tsMuxeR gives you an error, just use ffmpeg with this command.

ffmpeg -i "inputfile.ts" -ss 00:01:25.55 -to 00:16:03.55 -c copy "outputfile.ts"

Worked perfectly, and with zero loss in quality.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 pm

vwolf

vwolf

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalband-la.com
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
"Koisuru Universe" on Premium Melodix!:

PS: If anyone knows of a good program to cut .ts videos with with little loss in quality, please kindly let me know.

Don Dio wrote:Either my speakers at work are garbage, or this is a new radio rip copy than what we heard last week

It's the exact same rip.  Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 9 1f61b

Adobe Premiere Pro is a good choice but the problem is the format of videos you can import. Another well known is the Sony Vegas  .uhuh.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:47 am

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
vwolf wrote:Adobe Premiere Pro is a good choice but the problem is the format of videos you can import. Another well known is the Sony Vegas  .uhuh.

That is why I also recomended HandBrake.For simple cuts, like taking a part of a video HandBrake is ok and there is no need for another software. For example I used it to cut Koisuru Universe from the TV recording and it looks  better than the one from YT.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:16 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
joon wrote:So I found a solution to this problematic file. If tsMuxeR gives you an error, just use ffmpeg with this command.

ffmpeg -i "inputfile.ts" -ss 00:01:25.55 -to 00:16:03.55 -c copy "outputfile.ts"

Worked perfectly, and with zero loss in quality.

Nicel I didn't know ffmpeg could do that. Worked for perfectly for me as well. Thanks!

vwolf wrote:Adobe Premiere Pro is a good choice but the problem is the format of videos you can import. Another well known is the Sony Vegas  .uhuh.

Premiere worked decently and Vegas didn't want to open the file, but thanks for the tips as well. Happy

I've subbed SCANDAL's interview portion from Premium MelodiX!. If you wish to discuss it, please kindly discuss it here:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14005-premium-melodix-2017-10-17#751144

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:08 pm

vwolf

vwolf

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalband-la.com
park23 wrote:

That is why I also recomended HandBrake.For simple cuts, like taking a part of a video HandBrake is ok and there is no need for another software. For example I used it to cut Koisuru Universe from the TV recording and it looks  better than the one from YT.
I did not know that HandBrake could be used to cut videos 
Thanks for the recommendation  Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Aizix

Aizix

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://soundcloud.com/devias1
WOW. Just heard Futari and I'm floored. I love the mood of it and Mami finally gets a chance to shine playing beautiful leads all over the song. I'm digging the vocal lines in the chorus too. Can't wait for the release, it's shaping to reach my top 5 easily.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:53 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
man listening to the actual release of Futari and its almost like listening to a new song. Its so much better than the radio rip that its not even funny. 

then the two live songs. hearing a new live version of Kimi To Yoru To Namida after all these years was so good, i almost like it more than the record version and its so much better that the First Live 2009 version which was great. Then theres Koe. Mami really knocked it out of the park. Had a BIG smile on my face the entire time listening to it. Now i cant wait to see the Storytellers performance of it.

This single is like really 10/10.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:01 pm

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Just listened to Futari and YES IT IS VERY GOOD. The live songs are great as well.

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 9 9CS8aFq
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:31 am

ELFLOCK

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I suppose people will think me stupid or something but after spending literally hours trying to buy this single with no luck at all,I've now come to the point of needing to fork out $22AUD for 4 MP3 files [using Rinkya] It's only money,I seriously don't care about the $22 but this is just really really annoying Sad
I realise if I waited a couple of days I could download these songs illegally in about 5 seconds for free but like,I actually WANT to support the band Happy
In case anyone's interested,they don't even have this on Amazon here in Oz...although they have it on Amazon UK and US [for us to download from them is such a ridiculous long involved process with VPN's /fake UK or US addresses/gift cards/different accounts etc etc it's just not worth the bother for me]. I also can't be bothered to install the annoying iTunes software etc just to find out if they have it on their Oz store...but I'd be surprised if they do because a Google search only brings it up on the UK iTunes] This is all just becoming so ridiculous that you have to laugh really,what else can you do? Happy

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 9 BokWLic

The entire Koisuru Universe single is now up on Spotify for select countries. If it's not available in the country you're in, please let me know!

https://open.spotify.com/album/13T3YTeuU2iBbOUTDwmN7x

It's also up for digital download via international iTunes Stores and Amazon. Here are the US links:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/koisuru-universe-ep/id1293093496
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0763NSDXJ/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.