Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」
Posted Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:55 am

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Been all day hyped waiting for AMDKJ, but never expected to also hear Tonight, it was a nice surprise :D
AMDKJ is really good but liked Tonight even more :')

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:05 am

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So far the songs of this album were not my cup of tea. But AMDKJ is the perfect Scandal song and I love it very much!

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 Alairas3
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:01 am

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
I really love A.M.D.K.J. but Tonight... again with autotune. I also can say that the songs from this album are not my type, except A.M.D.K.J.

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 D4d75c56a39d47f1db83dd99d65bce35-full
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:58 pm

yujufly

yujufly

Caless Student
Caless Student
Got a lot of expectations for AMDKJ but hearing the snippet, it delivered exactly what a beautiful masterpiece I expected it to be

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:31 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
A.M.D.K.J sounds really cool, I really like it so far. Can't wait for the PV to hear a high quality version of it. 
And Tonight doesn't sound bad, its different, sorta a 8bit pop sound. I'll get more into it once a full high quality version is out.
But looking forward to both their PV, i can totally get the dark vibes from AMDKJ but not really from Tonight, maybe once I read the lyrics lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:42 pm

temp23

Caless Student
Caless Student
"A.M.D.K.J." sounds like something from Hello World, which I like a lot. As for "Tonight", I thought it would be worse than it is because of the more poppy sound but I think I kinda like it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:06 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I agree with @temp23, AMDKJ sounds like it could have been on Hello World.  It has the same great drive as "Onegai Navigation" and "Metronom" from Standard.  I like this one a lot.

"Tonight" sounds like a Polkadot Stingray song, which isn't a bad thing.

Back to top Go down

"A.M.D.K.J." to be released as a digital single
Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
"A.M.D.K.J." is officially set to be released as a digital single! It will be available from January 8th at midnight JST via Spotify Japan, etc. Availability times will most likely differ for overseas.

https://jvcmusic.lnk.to/AMDKJ

And a reminder that the "A.M.D.K.J." music video will be premiering tonight at midnight JST via SCANDAL's YouTube channel (find out what time that is in your timezone here)

#front-page #kissfromthedarkness

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:19 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Was waiting for the full version of "A.M.D.K.J." to listen. I liked it, wasn't expecting the ska-ish tune in the middle of it, it really has an anime song ring to it, kinda remind me of Shunkan Sentimental. 

Don Dio wrote:"Tonight" sounds like a Polkadot Stingray song, which isn't a bad thing.

It sure does and Rina has mentioned them before, maybe it was an influence.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:26 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
God damn, A.M.D.K.J. completely blew me away. I haven't been drumming on the table like this since Shunkan Sentimental.

And the video is full 16:9 as well!

Last edited by joon on Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:26 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Both the song and music video of A.M.D.K.J. exceeded my expectations with a few pleasant surprises.  9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 1f63b

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:28 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's a really good rock song and the music video is cool, can't wait to hear the other songs from "Kiss From The Darkness"

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:29 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Full version is insane! It's way better than I thought

The girls keep rocking as always  9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 1f604

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
A.M.D.K.J. is their hardest rocking song since Onegai Navigation.
Only this song worth order multiple copies of the new album.
The guitars sound heavy and killer. A.M.D.K.J live must be amazing!
Those who attended C3AFA is very lucky to hear this song before anyone other than Tean Scandal.

Last edited by Metal Mickey on Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:50 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Absolutely blown away by "A.M.D.K.J.", I was fearing it would be another by-the-numbers anisong but they really bring it to another level with the arrangements. Can't wait for the album!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:53 pm

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, the full song is better. I really the second part of the verses. The chorus is much better than Fuzzy for example. I like the idea with the more slowly second verse with the slower drumbeat. It's nice to hear a pre-chorus again, the song reminds me a bit of Hello World what is always a good thing. I think it's the seconds best song of the her era after Masterpiece.

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
FANTASTIC song and Video! Rock on the bridge gave me goose bumps, it sounded like old One ok Rock but with a Scandal touch. and the Ska bits were a VERY nice touch. I love their Ground Y outfits in this too.
It's like listening to 2013-2014 Scandal again, with songs like Rainy, Runners High, and Metronome, but with new musicianship.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:59 pm

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I like it. The touch of ska and Mami's hat were a great plus. But I like just everything about it.

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 Alairas3
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:00 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
A.M.D.K.J. Lyrics:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14860-a-m-d-k-j-lyrics#765209

A little about the MV from JPU:

"A.M.D.J.K." is currently being used as a theme song to the anime GeGeGe no Kitaro. The music video was directed by Hiroshi Usui, who has worked with many bands over the years, while the song was composed by SCANDAL's guitarist MAMI and the lyrics written by drummer RINA.

Director Hiroshi Usui comments, "The first line of the video proposal was simply "網dark字". The reason why we were able to make such a cool video out of such a play on words was probably because the feel of these four together was perfectly captured. Additionally, it was also because when they were all shot individually they all posed for the camera so captivatingly that people just couldn't stop saying "nice" over and over again."

The play on words that Hiroshi refers to is that "網dark字" is transliterated as "ami dark ji" (AMi DarK Ji = A.M.D.K.J.). The first kanji "網" can mean net or web, captured in the video with the use of the chainlink fence, the "dark" is represented by the members black outfits, and the "字" can be read as "character", as in the letters of A.M.D.K.J. that appear throughout the video.

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:04 pm

Naisu

Naisu

Caless Student
Caless Student
A.M.D.K.J. is so freaking good. Has everything I expected and more.

Loved it  9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 1f60d.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:05 pm

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, that was fun! Well, not for Haruna who was trapped behind that fence...  9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 1f625

joon wrote:And the video is full 16:9 as well!

Aren't they more often than not? My main projector screen is 2.35:1 so I like the ultra-wide clips (and concerts!) but I get where you're coming from.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged posts. Please do not double post. Edit your first post if you wish to add something.)

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 2foml0
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:12 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Haruna's Ears wrote:

Aren't they more often than not? My main projector screen is 2.35:1 so I like the ultra-wide clips (and concerts!) but I get where you're coming from.
I don't have any stats for it, but it just seems to me like ultra-wide is a trend now. Personally I don't like it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:26 pm

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Can't stop listening to A.M.D.K.J. It has that melodic fast flowing rock tune in it! It's so addictive! It has the same vibes as my other fave songs like Metronome, Rainy, Onegai Navigation, Freedom Fighters, Flashback No 5 and Shunkan Sentimental

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 1f60d  9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 1f60d  9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 1f60d  9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 1f60d

Last edited by libresse on Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 Scandal+-+02
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:30 pm

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
joon wrote:
Haruna's Ears wrote:

I don't have any stats for it, but it just seems to me like ultra-wide is a trend now. Personally I don't like it.

They've done a few now (since "Sisters", I think) and even one in 4:3 ("Mabataki") but 16:9 still seems to be the norm.

I find the wider image is more effective when the compositions really compliment it, like in "Take Me Out" - which a favourite to watch on the ol' home theater set up.

Spoiler:

But if the camera moves are too wild and the compositioning too haphazard, they're better off sticking to 16:9 for that extra headroom.

Ahem. Back to business!

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 2foml0
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:32 pm

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
OMG amazing song! My favorite from the last 3 years I think!

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 5 D4d75c56a39d47f1db83dd99d65bce35-full
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum