Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

concert reactions
Posted Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:29 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Don Dio wrote:They did seem a little tentative.…  The vibe seemed a little different than what I was used to. 
Try to picture an evangelical preacher giving a guest sermon to an Anglican congregation.
No matter how enthusiastic the band wanted to be, the audience had to be restrained, and that was bound to affect the performance. Like TGE says, it probably influenced the setlist too. It makes sense to perform fewer high-energy rockers when you know the fans are not gonna be able to cut loose.
SCANDAL has a wider range than most bands out there today, so naturally we fans have a wide range in musical tastes! For instance I was excited by eternal opening the concert, crazy about the first new song, and never cared much for the melody in Departure, though it's better when they leave out the fiddles...

Last edited by etwee on Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
MuftaK wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but, in general, doesn't Japanese audience always seem to be well organised? At least comparing it to European or American chaos during some concerts :-)

Yeah but this wasn't that. Go and watch/listen to basically any of their older concerts (I'm sure some are up on YouTube if you don't have the discs) - people go nuts in between songs, and there's a lot of yelling during the songs, organized or not. At this show, it was kind of just polite applause after each song, and no real cheering during songs... just the organized moves everybody knows.

That's gotta be all down to COVID and what the audience was instructed to do or not do, so not the band's fault at all, but it does just make the whole vibe feel a little muted compared to a regular show during normal times. The band themselves have always clearly fed off the energy of the crowd when I've seen them before, so the cheering restrictions probably made the band a little less energetic too. They're not jumping around and really giving it their all like I've seen them do at other shows. It's especially evident in songs like Koe, which was absolutely *nuts* when I saw them do it on the Standard tour, and Take Me Out, which I didn't really like on the album but is normally a reliable way for them to rile up the crowd live. They were moving around a little bit during that song at this show, but not bouncing around during the whole song like I've seen them do before.

So mostly just COVID weirdness with the crowd and the band not quite connecting like normal. I don't know if things are ever really going to get back to normal in terms of concerts in general, but I hope they do because Scandal is really the best live band in the world during normal times. And I feel like we've been deprived of that for a while now.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@spacecadet

Like the Glastonbury Festival in the UK, that went ahead but with no audience ( it was filmed ) so there was no energy for the Performers to feed on Sad

But in Japan at the moment you are not even allowed to scream on Roller Coasters Sad

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:It's actually still up as of right now. Not sure if it'll be taken down when it hits midnight PDT in a few minutes, though.

Edit at 12:02 am PDT: It's still up, so feel free to watch what you missed.

Hasn't "23 August 12AM PST" already passed since over 28 hours already ? It seems LiveFrom just forgot to stop the VOD (not that I'd complain) TOMO welp

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Electric Mami wrote:Hasn't "23 August 12AM PST" already passed since over 28 hours already ? It seems LiveFrom just forgot to stop the VOD (not that I'd complain)

It might have to do with how their site died right before the concert + how some people apparently didn't receive their codes in time, and they figured they'd give those people more time to watch it. Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit MAMI haha

Either way, I'm not surprised that they yet again didn't do something they said they would (albeit a positive thing this time lol)

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:It might have to do with how their site died right before the concert + how some people apparently didn't receive their codes in time, and they figured they'd give those people more time to watch it. Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit MAMI haha

Either way, I'm not surprised that they yet again didn't do something they said they would (albeit a positive thing this time lol)

Haha! I think it's mostly the former. I just got a reply on my email to them on Friday about their site being down. They've apologised for the trouble, explained that it was due to a DNS issue, and given me the proper link to watch, along with the code I would need.

Back to top Go down
MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
wildthing wrote:In Japan we have had enough live concerts during the covid pandemic that the audience know the usual drill of attending,

Also because of the no cheering rule, some of the classic parts of the song where we usually shot "yeah" or sing along etc, has been subsituted with raising of our arms instead.

Thank you very much for your insights and all details! Now, I understand better.
I didn't know that the situation during concerts looks that bad!
No talking, cheering or shouting during show? Wow, that's really sad :-(
Therefore I'm even more happy that the gig hasn't been postponed!
And thanks to that extra crew, concert was a technical masterpiece (no pun intended!).

Electric Mami wrote:The feeling that it was a shorter gig is due to number of songs played (SE + 19).

...and if they’re happy, I’m happy, it’s as easy as that lol

Wow, that's a commitment to the cause- hats off to you! Are you a scholar or an engineer ;-)?
That's a great breakdown of those concerts! Now, thanks to you I think no one should complain about the duration of Anniversary gig :-)
Agree in 100%! I'm happy as well!

GT wrote:Off Topic, you just reminded me I need to iron a pair of trousers for work tomorrow. LOL! 

Back on Topic, I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought the set-list was solid. The Kagerou, A.M.D.K.J, Take Me Out segment was epic and I loved the new songs, I was maybe expecting 1 but to get 2 was a bonus.

one more time was in my CDJapan basket before the girls got off  the stage 

Not performance related but those two tone 'INVATATION' Tee's that they wore during the encore, were they specifically for the band or will they be available at a later date? They look really nice.

Writing "irony", I was thinking about the expression, not the object, but you're welcome ;-)
That segment was really something special, right? Sorry for the non-English word, but there's only one thing that comes to my mind- CZAD :-)
Wow, you're fast with that single! I'm not used to collect such things, but this song is so catchy (I hum it everyday when I wake up) I had to pre-order it as well.
Have you purchased only the livestream, or the whole bundle? Because I wonder what will be the colour of the T-shirt they will send. If the picture of Haruna on their site is any suggestion... HARU think

HajimemashiteBINOdesu wrote:did you see that neck shape? baseball bat! hahaha

when i was gigging, we purposefully made the first hour setlist consist of songs that didnt require too much lead guitar (me), if any, because i was usually shaking for that first hour. MAMI is a beast doing what she does.

after 6 grueling hours of buffering and rewatching and screaming at my screen out of frustration i finally watched my first scandal live performance. but not live.

people commented on haruna carrying this performance. thats an understatement. her new nickname is ATLAS.

Mami's olympic?white superstrat... have i seen that before? was that the guitar she played on AMDKJ?

but "one more time" is a good song. nodding to 80's city pop and euro pop.

Baseball bat? LOL But at least the colour was nice, right? Is that sonic blue?

That's a very interesting method you had when you were gigging. I was also very nervous during my concerts, but playing on drums is not a problem in this instance ;-) Anyway, stress or not, kudos to Mami!

Seriously, Haruna should be called from now on "Atlas-san" :-) Stellular performance.

Don't worry, you're not the only one struggling with the stream. I got the code about an hour later so I couldn't watch first half of the show live.

When you have seen that white stratocaster? I only remember the one during "Masterpiece", but it was yellow :-/

I'm glad that some of us like that 80's pop vibe in "One more time".

Don Dio wrote:I think she's an excellent front woman.  She always guides the mood of the show, and this performance was no exception.

It means it was actually live.  Besides, perfection is boring.

Tomomi is a great bassist, and I love watching her fingers move so effortlessly across the fretboard.  She looked the most lovely, too, btw.

...it was like comparing the beginning of STAR WARS to THE PHANTOM MENACE.

To me, a good live band plays with what they have on stage between the band members.

I realize Scandal is not a jam band...

They did seem a little tentative.  Maybe that was due to nerves, or the Covid situation, or the lay off from performing as much the past year and a half.

This is what a true leader does. At least for me, she has a natural stage presence (KftD gig!). After this year's concert I finally know, who is my favourite Scandal member HARU this

Perfection is boring? Absolutely! These days, when everything must be better than perfect, it is a fresh air to see that musicians are still human, not a song-generating-soulless-machines!

Call me obvious, but Tomomi with bass always looks lovely! And I still can't replicate the way she plays, with her straight pinky- it's so uncomfortable!

I heard "Saishuheiki, Kimi" live for the first time- does it always sound so energetic, almost agressive? That was a nice surprise.

That's a neat SW analogy! Or I should rather write: "impressive, most impressive" ;-)

Agree 100%! I like artists with real instruments, no backing tracks, modulated voices or other embelishments. I hope that I will never see Scandal with synthesizers, keyboard guitars or electronic drums- what a nightmare!

It depends what do you find interesting during concerts. Some people prefer when bands sound exactly like on the record. There's of course plenty of groups that do it quite the opposite, usually with good results (Band-Maid, of course).

Like many of us have concluded, this %#&@ covid HAD to be a factor during their performance. The whole situation in Japan right now is tentative.

etwee wrote:SCANDAL has a wider range than most bands out there today, so naturally we fans have a wide range in musical tastes! For instance I was excited by eternal opening the concert...

And that's great about it! We all have different tastes, but we all like/love Scandal. For some of us "Eternal" was a bad choice for opening. But like you have mentioned, you were excited and I was quite touched at the very beginning of it. I'm glad there's so many opinions here- it would be boring if everyone would liked the same songs. 

spacecadet wrote:Yeah but this wasn't that. Go and watch/listen to basically any of their older concerts (I'm sure some are up on YouTube if you don't have the discs) - people go nuts in between songs, and there's a lot of yelling during the songs, organized or not.

I don't know if things are ever really going to get back to normal in terms of concerts in general

Alright, now I get what you mean. Sure, it looked more like a picnic, but again- what can be done? Yeah, real bands create a bond with the crowd during their shows, so when there's no energy in front of them the results are... not that satisfactory, if I can put it like that.
My tenure as a fan is too short (over a month) so I haven't seen all those crazy moments you have mentioned. But if it can be compared to Babymetal or Wagakki-Band's shows, when Japanese audience goes "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs", I get it.

Hey, that's too pessimistic attitude! I get that "normal" should be redefined now, but I really, really hope that concerts will look like in pre-pandemic era. Experiencing it from the comfy armchair in your room is absolutely not the same! I hope that the days when you felt excitement, joy and unity with people around you will finally come back. Not to mention all those times when you were hit be someone's elbow or jumped on some guy's back. Good times Happy But I think that wasn't a normal behaviour during Scandal's concerts...   

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Either way, I'm not surprised that they yet again didn't do something they said they would lol

I guess you have some bad experience with them? I know about the hand signed photos issue, was there something else, if I mind asking? Actually, when I think about it, it was thanks to your and other people's intervention, that I came across this forum :-)

P.S. Wow, new emoticons TOMO wtf

Back to top Go down
HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
muftak wrote:Baseball bat? LOL But at least the colour was nice, right? Is that sonic blue?

When you have seen that white stratocaster? I only remember the one during "Masterpiece", but it was yellow
yup the typical tele baseball bat neck shape. but i think it only looks like that in her small (and beautiful) hands. pretty sure its closer to the typical modern C shape of most of the current models. not sure of the color but it looks too gray to be sonic blue. i have a mustang in sonic blue.

yeah thats the one. depending on the color settings on your screen i can see how it might look yellow. but olympic white usually refers to an off-white, kinda vintage white color. and with true vintage instruments, olympic white actually does turn yellow after having been played for years in smoke filled rooms and absorbing the player's sweat.

i checked the AMDKJ video and it looks like the same model, i just think the lighting in the video made it look more white.

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:

the switching of instruments for "Scandal Baby" on the Yellow tour in Europe

Slight correction: That was actually during their fan club tour in 2016 front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 270c

I'm north of 50 now, so my memory is not so good.   HARU srsly

Thanks for all info, TGE.

Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

btw, the stream is still up, it's my third time listening to it.

Back to top Go down
GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
wildthing wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
GT wrote:Not performance related but those two tone 'INVATATION' Tee's that they wore during the encore, were they specifically for the band or will they be available at a later date? They look really nice.

Pretty sure they were specifically for the band. But technically, anyone can do this on their own - you just need to buy two of the INVITATION shirts (black and purple, as the white one is for fan club members only) and splice them together lol

I have a suspicion Mami might have made these spliced t-shirts, previouly on the Mami's week of Feedback! sale, the clothes made by Mami many of the clothing were also spliced together by her, maybe will be revealed in future editions of Mania magazine?

Scandal fans have been splicing the red/blue Scandal shorts for a while as well some t-shirts too. So someone started a trend a while back Happy
Interesting, thanks for the info. Mami seems to be a bit of a fashion designer then.

GT wrote:Off Topic, you just reminded me I need to iron a pair of trousers for work tomorrow. LOL! 

Back on Topic, I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought the set-list was solid. The Kagerou, A.M.D.K.J, Take Me Out segment was epic and I loved the new songs, I was maybe expecting 1 but to get 2 was a bonus.

one more time was in my CDJapan basket before the girls got off  the stage 

Not performance related but those two tone 'INVATATION' Tee's that they wore during the encore, were they specifically for the band or will they be available at a later date? They look really nice.

Writing "irony", I was thinking about the expression, not the object, but you're welcome ;-)
That segment was really something special, right? Sorry for the non-English word, but there's only one thing that comes to my mind- CZAD :-)
Wow, you're fast with that single! I'm not used to collect such things, but this song is so catchy (I hum it everyday when I wake up) I had to pre-order it as well.
Have you purchased only the livestream, or the whole bundle? Because I wonder what will be the colour of the T-shirt they will send. If the picture of Haruna on their site is any suggestion... HARU think
When they came back out for the encore and the new single was announced on the big screen I checked the CDJapan app on my phone and it was already listed so it actually went in my basket before they performed one more time for the first time lol! I processed the order after the show.

I purchased the livestream bundle it will probably be the black T-shirt pictured, but would like the purple one. Unless of course Mami wants to splice together when one of those sweet two tones for me MAMI plz

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Spliced dual colour T-shirts made by 小川恭平 Ogawa Kyohei who is one of Scandal's regular stylist, as mentioned on Rina's latest video diary.

Back to top Go down
MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
ankur_chipps wrote:
They've apologised for the trouble, explained that it was due to a DNS issue, and given me the proper link to watch, along with the code I would need.

I had the same message from them, too bad it was after the show :-/ It's been a while since I was so helpless, waiting for the code to arrive and counting down to the concert. It was a very emotional day for me, on many levels ;-)

HajimemashiteBINOdesu wrote:
yup the typical tele baseball bat neck shape. but i think it only looks like that in her small (and beautiful) hands. not sure of the color but it looks too gray to be sonic blue. i have a mustang in sonic blue.

with true vintage instruments, olympic white actually does turn yellow after having been played for years in smoke filled rooms and absorbing the player's sweat.

i checked the AMDKJ video and it looks like the same model, i just think the lighting in the video made it look more white.
So, maybe it's a sonic gray instead? Or even mystic surf green? That lighting during the concert really tricked my eyes... By the way sorry for stupid question, but what type of a Telecaster Deluxe it is? American Professional or Vintera? I'm not a guitarist, so it looks very nice to me, albeit bit chunky.

About that second guitar- I completely forgot about that yellowing factor! The same with plastic- I still have some yellow toys from my childhood that didn't stand the test of time ;-)
And just like you have mentioned, it must be the one from A.M.D.K.J. video, but there's one odd detail. After comparing both guitars almost frame by frame, it looks that the one from the concert has only two knobs instead of three. Maybe a small customisation, or it just simply fell off ;-) ?

GT wrote:When they came back out for the encore and the new single was announced on the big screen I checked the CDJapan app on my phone and it was already listed so it actually went in my basket before they performed one more time for the first time lol! I processed the order after the show.

I purchased the livestream bundle it will probably be the black T-shirt pictured, but would like the purple one. Unless of course Mami wants to splice together when one of those sweet two tones for me MAMI plz

And it looks like it has already become a bestseller on CDJapan :-) I pre-ordered mine on JPU Records- that's my first purchase from them and I hope I won't regret it.
That black version would be a decent option, but the one that Haruna was wearing during concert looks awesome (instantly caught my attention)!
I think they would be a long line behind you, waiting for the spliced ones ;-)
And if I'm not wrong, the purple one is available on the Feedback site.

wildthing wrote:Spliced dual colour T-shirts made by 小川恭平 Ogawa Kyohei who is one of Scandal's regular stylist, as mentioned on Rina's latest video diary.

So, does it mean they are only for band members, exclusive for official fanclub or available for us, mortals as well?

Last edited by MuftaK on Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction of few minor mistakes)

Back to top Go down
HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

MuftaK wrote: By the way sorry for stupid question, but what type of a Telecaster Deluxe it is? American Professional or Vintera? I'm not a guitarist, so it looks very nice to me, albeit bit chunky.

After comparing both guitars almost frame by frame, it looks that the one from the concert has only two knobs instead of three. Maybe a small customisation, or it just simply fell off ;-) ?
not a stupid question. and to be honest i do not know. i could not find that color on the fender website. it might be a japan exclusive. when i get a chance, i will get on the japan site to see if i can find it there.
edit: just looked. i believe it to be sonic gray from the american professional I series.

good catch. i did not notice that difference. and i guess its probably too late to go back and see. but with MAMI's red signature strat, i have seen that she removes the master volume knob (the one closest to her hand). its always been a problem with strat players, that master volume getting bumped by the picking/strumming hand, and changing the volume and tone in the process. i think she removes it for that reason. many strat players have made it a habbit to constantly reach down to the volume knob in between riffs/licks to make sure it is all the way up for this same reason. stevie ray vaughan is a good example.

Last edited by HajimemashiteBINOdesu on Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found it)

Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
You thanked this post! -

HajimemashiteBINOdesu wrote:its probably too late to go back and see.

it's not, the stream is still here MAMI wink

also there are still pics to check, and indeed, the volume knob was removed ~

oh, while i think about it, i've made a gallery in MEGA of the 15th ANNI LIVE (with multiple sub-folders for Merch, BTS Pics etc…), and put all the concert pics in order (while checking with the stream), and i think i got the order right : https://mega.nz/#F!tjoQAYJL!AVbDgP2xDJgeBbFPZJ2Y3g

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
MuftaK wrote:So, does it mean they are only for band members, exclusive for official funclub or available for us, mortals as well?

It doesn't seem likely they would actually offer those t-shirts for sale. Like I had mentioned previously, you technically could have done it yourself by buying two of the INVITATION shirts and splicing them together, but unfortunately, overseas merch sales have already closed for those items.

Also, I posted a translation of Music Natalie's article about the concert here:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t15602-music-natalie-scandal-s-15th-anniversary-concert-osaka-jo-hall#776880

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
MuftaK wrote:

HajimemashiteBINOdesu wrote:
yup the typical tele baseball bat neck shape. but i think it only looks like that in her small (and beautiful) hands. not sure of the color but it looks too gray to be sonic blue. i have a mustang in sonic blue.

with true vintage instruments, olympic white actually does turn yellow after having been played for years in smoke filled rooms and absorbing the player's sweat.

So, maybe it's a sonic gray instead? Or even mystic surf green? That lighting during the concert really tricked my eyes... By the way sorry for stupid question, but what type of a Telecaster Deluxe it is? American Professional or Vintera? I'm not a guitarist, so it looks very nice to me, albeit bit chunky.

About that second guitar- I completely forgot about that yellowing factor! The same with plactic- I still have some yellow toys from my childhood that didn't stand the test of time ;-)
And just like you have mentioned, it must be the one from A.M.D.K.J. video, but there's one odd detail. After comparing both guitars almost frame by frame, it looks that the one from the concert has only two knobs instead of three. Maybe a small customisation, or it just simply fell off ;-) ?

The Tele MAMI used at the show:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8879p75-haruna-s-gear#748167

The HH Strat MAMI used:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8880p150-mami-s-gear#764760

Specs: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8880p150-mami-s-gear#764880

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
HajimemashiteBINOdesu wrote:edit: just looked. i believe it to be sonic gray from the american professional I series.

good catch. i did not notice that difference. and i guess its probably too late to go back and see. but with MAMI's red signature strat, i have seen that she removes the master volume knob (the one closest to her hand). its always been a problem with strat players, that master volume getting bumped by the picking/strumming hand, and changing the volume and tone in the process. i think she removes it for that reason. many strat players have made it a habbit to constantly reach down to the volume knob in between riffs/licks to make sure it is all the way up for this same reason. stevie ray vaughan is a good example.

American Prof.? They all look so similar to me- I guess the main difference must be in their "guts" or the material they're made of, right?

That's a very interesting observation you gave me! Like I wrote before, I'm a  greenhorn in this subject, so I absorb every piece of information I can get!
Now, I'm just curious, why Mami didn't play on her white/yellow Stratocaster during A.M.D.K.J.? I think she played on it only once during the whole concert.

Electric Mami wrote:oh, while i think about it, i've made a gallery in MEGA of the 15th ANNI LIVE (with multiple sub-folders for Merch, BTS Pics etc…), and put all the concert pics in order (while checking with the stream), and i think i got the order right : https://mega.nz/#F!tjoQAYJL!AVbDgP2xDJgeBbFPZJ2Y3g

That's so nice of you- now everything is in one place. Thank you for that and although I've watched the stream only 1,5 times, seems that every picture is in the right order.

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:It doesn't seem likely they would actually offer those t-shirts for sale. Like I had mentioned previously, you technically could have done it yourself by buying two of the INVITATION shirts and splicing them together, but unfortunately, overseas merch sales have already closed for those items.

Also, I posted a translation of Music Natalie's article about the concert here:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t15602-music-natalie-scandal-s-15th-anniversary-concert-osaka-jo-hall#776880

Thanks for clearing that up! I should have guessed that, looking at the back of the white T-shirt. I just thought that maybe there will be an update in that manner.
It's already sold out? I was thinking about another T-shirt but couldn't decide which one- now my problems are solved ;-) The one from the concert bundle will have to suffice.

P.S. Another article about the concert? I think I will never get bored reading about that gig!

Thanks for these links- I appreciate it!
I should have look there before asking, but there's too many interesting articles on this forum and I can't catch up over a decade in one month ;-)
From the visual point of view- both of them look awesome. In the perfect world, I would buy at least something similar and try to learn playing.
But for now, I will stick with what I have, at least until Tomomi won't put down her bass and retire.

Back to top Go down
harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

As the stream was available throughout the week, I watched it multiple times. As others said, Haruna was on fire! She was emotional and vibrant, what a performance! Mami a little nervous at first, same for Rina and I don't know how to put it, but Tomomi looks very professional these days. I miss her singing more.

The production was excellent. Lights, led wristbands, bubbles, sound and camera work. Another good collaboration with NAKED, a huge vertical screen turned horizontal. Everything was well executed by the staff. I thought they would show the overseas comments on the screen, but we were snubbed again. Not that it really matters.

A different, solid good setlist. I would like to see some of the older songs with Haru's current vocals, but I understand their preference for newer songs. I would love a new performance of 'Sakura GOODBYE', but since that will never happen, I'm glad they played 'Kagerou', the best of the night for me.

'Saishuuheiki, Kimi' sounds much better live, there were gorgeous harmonies in 'Ivory', 'Ceramic Blue' and 'One Piece'. Oh, that rock segment with 'AMDKJ', 'Take Me Out', 'Image' was nothing short of spectacular!

I loved 'One More Time', a very catchy disco pop song. It should be fun to see the band hit the dance floor for the music video. This is your chance Haru! Mami!

That concludes my third live stream (KFTD, Seasons, INVITATION). Hope there's more to come! I will definitely support the band.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 QqenioA

Two weeks have passed since "SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall" was held, and we'd like to report that there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 among audience members, performers, and staff. We would like to thank the audience, artists + related parties, and the management staff for achieving a safe concert via their understanding and cooperation in various infectious disease countermeasures.

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1434367040144375812

#front-page

Back to top Go down

Re: LiveFrom Event's "INVITATION" bundle
Posted Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:54 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

As many of you know, the company that handled the 15th anniversary concert livestream stuff for overseas fans (AKA LiveFrom Events) messed up when livestream tickets first went on sale, particularly regarding the bundle that contained a ticket, t-shirt, and postcard.

Here was the initial problem:
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t15185p50-scandal-15th-anniversary-live-invitation-at-osaka-jo-hall#776180

And here was what we thought was the solution:
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t15185p75-scandal-15th-anniversary-live-invitation-at-osaka-jo-hall#776250

Here's a somewhat TL;DR version of the events:

-LiveFrom originally said postcard would come signed
-The following day after sales began, they removed the "signed" moniker from the listing
-When contacted about it, LF said they thought it was going to be signed when sales started but it actually won't be
-Many fans wrote in to the company to complain
-A few days later LF started sending emails saying that they informed the band of the issue and they agreed to sign the postcards
-They confirmed that "Anyone who purchases a bundle will receive a hand-signed postcard"

Fast forward to today, October 6th. I received an email yesterday staying that my bundle was shipped. I received it today and guess what? The signatures on the postcard are PRINTED, not hand-signed!
front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 20211006-213036
front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 Photo-Grid-1633581478557

And here is the zero-effort back of the postcard:
front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 20211006-220148

And what's more, the "O" on the shirt is cut off at the top.
front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 20211006-220824
front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 20211006-213232

This is an issue specific to this shirt only as the Japan versions of the shirt are fine. Here's the bootleg shirt next to my MANIA version of the shirt (which is only sold in Japan), as well as a closeup of the MANIA shirt to demonstrate that the top of the O is not supposed to be cut off:
front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 20211006-213130
front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 20211006-213225

So with the postcard, we were bait and switched TWICE. This is completely unacceptable and also illegal.

If you've also ordered a bundle, please leave a comment here when you've received it. Once more people have received it and would also like to have LiveFrom address this issue, I will make a new post in this thread about contacting them about it.

#front-page

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
Sorry to hear what happened, the postcard does looks cheap. LiveFrom should had not made promises that they can't keep. They will think they will get away with it since many of the package will get send oversea.

Hopeful Scandal and their managerment team will take note of this, so it will not happened again.

Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Yup, the company has done us dirty. I received mine yesterday too, as seen in the UK fans Facebook page.

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 8 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My order is still in transit, but it's coming from San Clemente CA, just like Scandalmerch.com stuff does. I can see the signed postcard issue being a problem with communication, but the bad screen printing is definitely shoddy workmanship. Or to be kind, charmingly American.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
hogradish wrote:My order is still in transit, but it's coming from San Clemente CA, just like Scandalmerch.com stuff does. I can see the signed postcard issue being a problem with communication

Yes, the packages are being shipped out by Bompa (AKA the company running scandalmerch.com). From what SH user wildthing gathered by calling them up, LiveFrom had Bompa handle the physical orders. They didn't specifically mention who did the shirts, but it's likely that Bompa ordered them to be done.

The postcards, however, were ordered from somewhere else by LiveFrom and then sent to Bompa as is to ship out. So the postcard issue is still LiveFrom's fault, especially after what they previously said about it.

I did actually send LiveFrom a scathing email about this already, asking them why the postcards are not in fact hand-signed. I'll post here again if I do receive a reply.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum