Go down

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Hi I called Bompa and bascially when I talked about the postcard, the girl who picked up the phone basically she knew about it straight away. She said they received the postcards from Live Events and they were only responsible for shipping it.

Bascially the overseas goods and what was promised are all the responsibility of the promoter Live Events and not Scandal/Team Scandal. This is exactly what happened last time with the overseas tour and the missing gift last time Sad.

We need to let Team Scandal know that the promoters misled us / goods not up to description, but its not Team Scandal's fault.
My bet is Scandal probably never agreed to sign the postcard or maybe were never asked to. Maybe even hint at telling them to use someone else or at least get their commitment on what is being sold correct.

Live Events is probably betting that won't be enough fans to complain about it, especially the ones located overseas.

There was something simliar but fans were notified soon after the misake and that was the last Honey Tour in Beijing where initially tickets came with "signed poster", but was later changed to printed signed poster on the promotions afterwards way before the tour, so people were aware of the change and were not disappointed when they picked up the poster.

So far I have yet to get any response from Live Events.

Back to top Go down
MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
I knew it was too good to be true. From the very start there were issues with this "hand-signed" photo. But what even more misleading is what Live Events wrote about how supposedly "the band was informed of the issue, and they were more than happy to sign the photo postcard". No one likes to be cheated.

This T-shirt worries me even more- it sadly looks more like a cheap knock-off, not an official product :-(

I ordered this bundle as well, so as soon as I get it I'll leave a comment.

@TGE
Having all these things in mind, I'm grateful for your activity and devotion to this cause from the beginning- you could have just "swept it under the rug" and move on.  
And thanks to you as well, Oli-san!

Back to top Go down
Gojira415

Gojira415

Caless Student
Caless Student
I received my package today. Very disappointed. The T-shirt is passable. Looks like the screen on thee white plate was messed up. The postcard is NOT. Very obvious it is not signed. Cheap printing. Cheap paper, too. Not card stock.
I tried looking up Live From on the Better Business Bureau complaint web site, but the business name does not come up.
But first, I am going to contact Live From and tear them a new one.

Back to top Go down

Re: LiveFrom Event's "INVITATION" bundle
Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:48 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

To everyone who purchased a "SCANDAL 'INVITATION' Bundle" from LiveFrom Events:

The bundle started shipping out to purchasers earlier this week, and it turns out that the photo postcard, which the company said would come hand-signed by the band, is in fact NOT hand-signed--they're digitally-signed.

Here is what I received:

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 20211007-155539

A closer look at the signatures. 100% printed on.
front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 Bootleg

I mentioned here about the previous issues we had with this. The most important thing to note is that LiveFrom sent this email out to purchasers in early August:

We are pleased to let you know that the photo postcard will indeed be signed by the band.

LiveFrom originally removed the "signed" descriptor from the package when we received notice that the photo would be "digitally" signed. We did not want to disappoint or mislead any fans. Once the band was informed of the issue they were more than happy to actually sign the photo postcard.

Here is screenshot proof of it (thank you to user GT for posting this):

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 Screen13

Despite what LiveFrom said to purchasers, it seems that was not true that they contacted the band about hand-signing the postcards. So now we have to contact them again because we did NOT receive the product that we paid for and that they explicitly said we would receive--this is bait and switch.

And one more issue: The top of the "O" on the t-shirt is cut off:
front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 20211007-155228

For reference, here is a photo of the official Japan version of the shirt, AKA what it's actually supposed to look like.

Please contact the company and ask them why the postcards are not hand-signed by the band, even though they said that they would be.

Make sure to reference the email about how LiveFrom told purchasers in early August about how they claimed to have asked the band to sign the postcards because they didn't want to "disappoint or mislead any fans." Feel free to also attach the screenshot of that email.

Also mention the messed-up printing on the shirt.

Here is their email:
support@livefrom.events

#front-page

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Gojira415 wrote:I tried looking up Live From on the Better Business Bureau complaint web site, but the business name does not come up.
But first, I am going to contact Live From and tear them a new one.

I went down the rabbit hole, the internet domain are registered under a UK company.
(The previous live stream I complained about the framerate quality and it always led me to UK companies which is why I suspected LiveFrom was in the UK in the first place.)

LIVEFROM MEDIA LTD
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12567107

You can see the details yourself its a small company, so most likely everything is outsourced out.

Their facebook page will send you an automated reply and will give you the email address of someone at FanDragon. (I found him in Linkedin)

From the shipping address was how I got to Bompo and from their phone number and make contact with them.

As of today I have yet to get any response.

Because they are in the UK, I already mentioned to them they are failing Consumer Rights Act, Goods have to be as "described" , hence those screenshots/emails we all have about it being signed are important evidence.

This Act we have 6 months to make a complaint the purchase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Rights_Act_2015

Back to top Go down
astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
got mine now too...pretty much exactly like what you said...i wouldnt even call this thing a "postcard" its barely even hard stock paper...what a huge bummer :/

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down
Dash

Dash

Caless Student
Caless Student
hogradish wrote:My order is still in transit, but it's coming from San Clemente CA, just like Scandalmerch.com stuff does. I can see the signed postcard issue being a problem with communication, but the bad screen printing is definitely shoddy workmanship. Or to be kind, charmingly American.

Did they send an email notifying you of the package being sent out? And was there any tracking number with the package?

wildthing wrote:

We need to let Team Scandal know that the promoters misled us / goods not up to description, but its not Team Scandal's fault.
My bet is Scandal probably never agreed to sign the postcard or maybe were never asked to. Maybe even hint at telling them to use someone else or at least get their commitment on what is being sold correct.

Yes, I agree. Team Scandal should be made aware of this.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Dash wrote:Did they send an email notifying you of the package being sent out? And was there any tracking number with the package?

For me, they sent an email this past Tuesday saying they shipped out my package. It did contain a tracking number. I live pretty close to where they shipped it out, which is why I received it the next day.

Also, we at SH are letting TEAM SCANDAL (more specifically, their upper management) know what's going on. Don't worry about that part.

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I had a feeling that this would still happen... Sigh
I still had hope, though...

I haven't received my bundle yet, but I did get an email from Bompa to confirm my address. I suspect it should arrive soon.

A part of me kinda wants a partial refund for them not providing what promised, even after being asked about it. I had thought that the bundle was a little expensive for what was offered, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt after reading here that the postcard will indeed be hand signed. Instead, what we ended up with was $30 USD for the streaming ticket, approximately $30~$40 for a sub-par quality shirt, and depending on how you want to divide it up, anywhere between $2 USD to $12 for a postcard that one could have printed at home... Sad
All this, plus shipping...

Does anyone know if the shirts sold separately from the bundle were of similar quality? Or were they more like the Japanese version?

Also, on the topic of signing things, I've been wondering for a while now why SCANDAL hasn't done any online signing events or something similar. I've participated in a few through Limited Stand, and thought that it would be another great way to connect with the fans during this difficult period. Their recent singles have had limited physical releases, so it would make it an extra incentive to try to get a physical copy if it was hand signed by the members.
Just a thought I had...

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
MICHIO87 wrote:Does anyone know if the shirts sold separately from the bundle were of similar quality? Or were they more like the Japanese version?

The non-bundle shirts were all imported straight from Japan. The bundle shirt was the only one printed in the US.

Also, if you haven't already, please email LiveFrom. They likely won't do or say anything about it unless many people complain to them.

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
I got the standard reply to my mail

LiveFrom Support
Thank you for this feedback.
We are working with management on this issue.
We will be in touch with resolution soon.

meph1766
 I got the order. The postcard is not signed by hand, but printed, it's not even a postcard, it's horrible quality paper. The same with the t-shirt, the lettering is crooked.
 Your company is cheating customers with brazenness. You promise absolutely another items, that you are selling. Now it is clear that you did not have any agreement with the group that they signed the card. You do not comply with the Consumer Rights Act. I demand an explanation on this matter.

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

johh

Caless Student
Caless Student
I would hold back on sounding overly aggressive to LiveFrom.
I see that someone has attempted to contact SCANDAL management so once we get a response from them then we can fully clarify the source of this miscommunication, i.e. whether LiveFrom is outright misadvertising the bundle details to the consumers or not

What I am more disappointed in is that the t-shirt is not the same quality as Japan - what could be the reason here? Cutting costs? If orders are being handled by scandalmerch, and non-bundle t-shirts are imported from Japan, what is the excuse?

Also LiveFrom seems to be a relatively new company with little to no track record.. I see that they've handled a number of livestreams of concerts in Japan too

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Update:

I have got acknowledgement from them via email and facebook message.

"we are soring with management" at least they have replied.

The T-shirt are made in Mexico, they were shipping from the US then logistically wise it probably made more sense to have them made there. But obviously quality control was not checked properly.

The point is LiveFrom advertised and confirmed that the postcards were to be hand signed. If the fault was LiveFrom and Team Scandal having communication error its not our fault that they got it wrong Sad

But if it was anything like the mess with the "gift" at the last US tour, Team Scandal knew nothing about it when I talked with the managers, as they told me to check with the promoters instead. Eventually when showed Team Scandal a photo of the gift I got, that was the first time the manager had seen it.

i.e. the livestream t-shirts and postcard are from LiveFrom and not the Japanese goods from Scandal/Scandalmerch, although the same company bompa is handling the shipment from the US for the overseas sales.

Back to top Go down
MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
I wrote to them politely (expressing my sadness that we have been cheated), but I got the same reply as meph1766 yesterday:

"Thank you for this feedback.
We are working with management on this issue.
We will be in touch with resolution soon."

At least they are aware of our "tiny" disappointment.
I wonder how and when they will resolve this issue because I haven't been notified about the shipping yet.

Back to top Go down
MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I have just sent them an email. 
Let's see what happens...

I had a feeling that the T-shirts were due to cutting costs...I wonder why they didn't just use the same shirts if the same company was handling the shipping for them. The price was about the same, considering, wasn't it? :hmmm:

But yes, the main issue is how the postcard was handled. I am somewhat looking forward to seeing how they handle this... Facepalm

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
For posterity's sake, here's a screenshot of the email:

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 Ri5Ro0R

Given their track record with apparently NOT contacting SCANDAL's management, I guess we'll see if the "management" they're talking about is actually the band's this time, and if they're actually telling the truth 🙃

But even if they didn't, we at SH have notified TEAM SCANDAL about everything. So at least they now know about this issue for sure.

At this point I think two likely outcomes are:

1. LiveFrom offers us some kind of partial refund

2. They actually get the band to sign postcards and LF foots the bill to mail those out to us (this is reminiscent of what happened with SCANDAL's Special Thanks tour gifts in 2018 - details here, here, and here)

Also, just because I saw someone posting on SH's Facebook that they think the signatures might not be digitally printed because they ran their fingers over them and think they're a different texture than the postcard itself (?????), here's a side-by-side comparison of RINA's signature on the postcard I received (left) with a real signature of hers that I got back in 2015 at the Anime Central convention in Chicago, USA (right):

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 IJGoU7Q

If the signatures on the postcard were actually real, they would NOT look pixelated. Don't know why that needs to be pointed out lol.

MICHIO87 wrote:I had a feeling that the T-shirts were due to cutting costs...I wonder why they didn't just use the same shirts if the same company was handling the shipping for them. The price was about the same, considering, wasn't it? :hmmm:

Cutting costs and sizing, I'd guess. It's much, much cheaper for them to mass-print hundreds of shirts here rather than importing them from Japan. And as for sizing, remember that they offered the bundle for sale to people around the world. The ones they used are Western-sized shirts that are quite a bit bigger than the Japan versions = they're able to fit a much larger range of people.

Back to top Go down
MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I just received an email saying my bundle was shipped and is supposed arrive on Monday. I am not really looking forward to receiving it... Sad

I still haven't gotten a stock reply about the email I sent earlier...Sigh

At this point, I'd be happy with a partial refund rather than having the girls sign the postcards for everyone who ordered the bundle.
Though if they do go that route, I kind of hope they'll make it an event and livestream it like a mock LimiSta event. I think that would be more enjoyable for everyone involved.

Back to top Go down

Postcard
Posted Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:30 pm

mike0604

Caless Student
Caless Student
I received my package yesterday. The signatures clearly did not look authentic. I was rather disappointed, and came to Scandal Heaven and confirmed the truth. I waited two months for this, and was really disappointed!

Back to top Go down
Cherxyn

Cherxyn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
This is disappointing. I only ordered the bundle because of the "Signed Photo Postcard" and it's only printed? Even though I haven't actually received an email from them regarding my order being shipped (I live in Dubai so I think it will take time), I already emailed them about this and attached their reply about the postcard being "hand-signed" by the band too. To be honest, if I'm not going to receive the hand-signed postcard then I'd rather just pay for the concert ticket only and get refund for the rest of the bundle. Also I emailed them in advance for this because of my location so getting it "replaced" (if that might happen) when it's been delivered seems impossible. I hope they can fix this mess. This is just unacceptable and upsetting.

UPDATE: I received an email about it being shipped at 08:42 Oct 18, and received it the same day, at 13:00. It is as cheap looking as you guys said. I'm so sad that I paid for something like this.

Did you guys ask for a return? Or any recent update about emailing them regarding this?

Back to top Go down
MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I forgot to say, but I received my bundle early the other day. I was a bit reluctant to even look at it... Sad
I then got an email from Bompa that my package was delivered.

Still nothing about the email I sent them, though...
Has anyone gotten anything further regarding this whole ordeal? What are the chances of them not doing anything about this...?  >>

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MICHIO87 wrote:What are the chances of them not doing anything about this...?  >>

Since they are a UK company they are failing the consumer rights act 2015, I've hinted this in my email, i.e. we have the right for a refund as its not matching the products description. So they need to do something, we can take them to UK small claims court, Action Fraud etc... so it they want to go that path Wink

They could be snooping in here as well :D

Back to top Go down
shunyi

shunyi

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.instagram.com/shn_yi/
I didn't really have high expectations with the post card, but I'm really disappointed with the t-shirt. It's basically a knock-off. The quality of the fabric is so poor. Comparing it to official goods is like night and day. Can't even be bothered to fake the shirt tags to at least make it look more convincing. Already sent them my email, but not really expecting much.

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 9 Livefr10

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Also it seems for people who ordered multiple qualities, they are only shipping out partial orders.
I ordered 5 and only received 3 so far, another fan ordered 2 but got only 1. 

Anyone else with similar partial orders shipped?

Back to top Go down
MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
wildthing wrote:Also it seems for people who ordered multiple qualities, they are only shipping out partial orders.
I ordered 5 and only received 3 so far, another fan ordered 2 but got only 1. 

Anyone else with similar partial orders shipped?

Maybe they have to print more signatures and manufacture another T-shirts.
I bought only 1, but still haven't got confirmation.
They stated that LE will start shipping it on 19th October. Seems like another lie :'-(

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Seems LiveFrom is asking Bompa to ship partial orders

If I don’t hear from them soon might need to take action via credit card company or UK consumer rights path.

Quote below: 
Thank you for reaching out. Please contact LiveFrom about this issue. They handed us the orders and we fulfilled what they gave us.

Here is a link to their contact page: 

https://livefrom.events/pages/contact-us

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum