thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Radio rip of "Ai ni Naranakatta no sa" (It Didn't Turn Out to Be True Love):

Also, as confirmed by RINA in her most recent blog, MIRROR will have songs featuring all of the band members on lead vocals!

Since a few fans transcribed the lyrics to the new song, I've gone ahead and translated them into English (there may be changes when the lyrics are officially out)

The official lyrics were released early on Jan. 12th. Here's the updated translation:

Spoiler:

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: 10th Album - 「MIRROR」
Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:19 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

In an alternate universe this would be a hit in the country charts. It just needs a tiny bit of pedal steel.
Suppose you like going to a restaurant that makes a really good corned beef sandwich. It's the best corned beef sandwich you've ever had. But since tastes have changed, corned beef sandwiches don't sell as well as they did. People are eating healthier things like Poke Bowls. So your favorite restaurant starts selling Poke Bowls. They're good, but not why you've been going to that restaurant. In fact, you can go just about anywhere to get a Poke Bowl.
I kind of feel that way about this song.
On the other hand, the lyrics are really sweet and touching, and the arrangement will fit nicely with the others on the album I've heard so far.
I do hope this song attracts more fans, even if that encourages the band to write more songs like it. After all, if they don't make money, they might consider retiring, and nobody here wants to see that.

UPDATE: Turns out I like Poke Bowls.

Last edited by hogradish on Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : songs, plural....update)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:50 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The sound is a lot like Winter Story isn't it? Not as catchy though...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:29 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Also, as confirmed by RINA in her most recent blog, MIRROR will have songs featuring all of the band members on lead vocals!
If guess is correct, they put the songs with each member lead vocals in order, starting with the 4th song 

4. Kanojo wa Wave (彼女はWave; She Is a Wave)
Words & Music: RINA
5. Ai no Shoutai (愛の正体; Love's True Colors)
Words & Music: TOMOMI
6. Ivory (アイボリー)
Words & Music: MAMI
7. Yuugure, Tokeru (夕暮れ、溶ける; Dusk Melts)
Words & Music: HARUNA

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:29 pm

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
hogradish wrote:In an alternate universe this would be a hit in the country charts.
^^^ this. at least contemporary country charts. i dig it.

im considering getting one of the limited edition options. but even though i tried to google it, i could not find anything definitive of what an A4 clear file is. can someone enlighten me please? my google kung fu is weak today.

^^^nevermind. i think i figured it out. MAMI eh

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:17 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
HajimemashiteBINOdesu wrote:im considering getting one of the limited edition options. but even though i tried to google it, i could not find anything definitive of what an A4 clear file is. can someone enlighten me please? 
plastic folder for papers
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 Oqutec10

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:56 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
@hogradish nailed it on the head for "Ai ni Naranakatta no sa."

I do like Mami's solo.  It's a bit different than what she typically has been playing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:19 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well, the person Mami wrote the lyrics for... mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 1f613

Haru's current vocal style fits this one. It also has some interesting guitar work.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 2705 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:44 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
This new song (Ai ni Naranakatta no sa) sounds like a song from one or two of our modern local bands here in our country. It's really easy to listen to.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:32 am

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
hanautasancho wrote:This new song (Ai ni Naranakatta no sa) sounds like a song from one or two of our modern local bands here in our country. It's really easy to listen to.
do you happen to have any links to those songs that you are referring to? i havent been able to really get back in to OPM since eraserheads and river maya era. it would be nice to hear something from home that could really catch my ear.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:24 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HajimemashiteBINOdesu wrote:do you happen to have any links to those songs that you are referring to? i havent been able to really get back in to OPM since eraserheads and river maya era. it would be nice to hear something from home that could really catch my ear.

I can't specifically pinpoint a song but in terms of local artists/bands I could say a touch of the songs from Agsunta, Madeline (band), I Belong to the Zoo, or Ebe Dancel

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:59 am

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I really like this song and I really like their "new" style.

I put "new" in quotes because I don't think they have lost their rock roots. (Take a look at the Best Christmas setlist.) Since they formed her, they seem a little more introspective, and they are bit older and seem to be putting more of life's bumps and bruises into their music. But this is not new, look back at "One Piece" or "Namida no Regret." Like all the best rock bands they've always recorded great ballads too. Maybe it's time for another anthem like "Place of Life." Or maybe something harder like "Queens Are Trumps" or "Hi Hi Hi."

I don't know what inspires them today or tomorrow, I can't imagine what music they will write in the future, but I know I will be here waiting and wanting to hear it. I am sure it will be different, and I'm sure somebody will lament, "Man, this isn't like the old stuff." But that's the whole point, no one is. 

I love this band!

And p.s.: Mami, are you OK? I would truly hate to be the love you left behind.

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:05 pm

Antonije

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

This is probably going to sound corny but I fell in love with their music once again. Can't wait for the release of the new album

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yes, this is a very nice song. Pleasing to the ears and soothing to the mind. I don't know how much I will listen to it, but once I start it, I like it.

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 Alairas3
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:03 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

I just found a Yahoo! Japan news article that lists the arrangers for each song on MIRROR.
Here's the tracklist again with the updated info:

1. MIRROR
Words: RINA - Music & Arrangement: MAMI

2. eternal
Words: RINA - Music: MAMI - Arrangement: Satori Shiraishi

3. Ai ni Naranakatta no sa (愛にならなかったのさ; It Didn't Turn Out to Be Love)
Words & Music: MAMI - Arrangement: Kouhei Munemoto, SCANDAL

4. Kanojo wa Wave (彼女はWave; She Is a Wave)
Words, Music, & Arrangement: RINA

5. Ai no Shoutai (愛の正体; Love's True Colors)
Words & Music: TOMOMI - Arrangement: Satori Shiraishi

6. Ivory (アイボリー)
Words & Music: MAMI - Arrangement: SCANDAL, Kouhei Munemoto

7. Yuugure, Tokeru (夕暮れ、溶ける; Dusk Melts)
Words & Music: HARUNA - Arrangement: Hibiki Nishikawa

8. Ao no Naru Yoru no Sukima de (蒼の鳴る夜の隙間で; In the Gaps of the Blue, Ringing Night)
Words & Music: RINA - Arrangement: Hibiki Nishikawa

9. Prism (プリズム)
Words: RINA - Music: TOMOMI - Arrangement: Kouhei Munemoto, SCANDAL

10. one more time
Words: RINA - Music: MAMI - Arrangement: SCANDAL, Yuta Hashimoto

And in the latest "her Diary" episode you can see them preparing and recording a few of the new songs:

#front-page #mirror

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:14 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I have taken the liberty of loosely interpreting "It Didn't Turn Out to be Love" as a country song, with the appropriate country lyrics. In English.  I sincerely hope the excellent members of the Scandal Heaven Cover Band try this. I also hope you all (or y'all) try to sing it. It mostly fits, once you get the hang of it.
Spoiler:

Last edited by hogradish on Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : habit, made it rhyme better)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

MIRROR album trailer:

There will also be an online studio concert on Jan. 30th that those who purchase the album will be able to watch!

Those who purchase the album will get an "application ticket" that includes a serial number that you input into the site listed on the ticket. You fill out a form there and a link to watch the concert will be emailed to you automatically.

You have from Jan. 25 to Feb. 4th to receive your album + application ticket and submit your application to watch the concert.

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 3SmTcJs

Announcement:

TL;DR version on how to watch the online studio concert:

•Purchase a copy of MIRROR (CD Japan recommended) released by Victor Entertainment. You will receive a "Studio Live Application Ticket" with your order that lists a serial number + website.

•When you receive your order + ticket, go to the site listed on the ticket and input the serial number.

You have from Jan. 25 @ 12 pm JST to Feb. 4 @ 6 pm JST to input your code.

•Once you input the code, fill out the form.

•After filling out the form, you will automatically receive a system-generated email containing a link to watch the concert.

•Make sure your email address is correct and can receive emails from @ve.jvcmusic.co.jp because the email that will be sent to you with the streaming URL cannot be re-sent.

The concert will be available for playback from Jan. 30 @ 7 pm JST to Feb. 6 @ 9 pm JST.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:41 pm

LoveSurvivor305

LoveSurvivor305

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well...I guess now is the time to finally give up hope for any heavier rockin' tunes appearing on there. Won't judge the songs themselves from such short snippets, but it sure sounds overproduced as heck. 
The more we learn about this album, the less I look forward to it.  RINA cry

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:38 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
To me, the snippets in the trailer don't give any real idea of the new songs. I guess a trailer is supposed to be an appetizer but this one doesn't work for me. I expect to like the album when we get to hear it anyway and happy to have pre-ordered it

Last edited by etwee on Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:47 pm

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Looks like this album is not exactly my cup of tea. In due time, I may start to appreciate it. Such thing happened several times before.

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 Alairas3
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:19 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
LoveSurvivor305 wrote:Well...I guess now is the time to finally give up hope for any heavier rockin' tunes appearing on there. Won't judge the songs themselves from such short snippets, but it sure sounds overproduced as heck. 
The more we learn about this album, the less I look forward to it.  RINA cry

I'm not excited about this trailer either, the music they want to make now just doesn't suit my taste at all. I understand and respect that they want to do something new to stay excited about making music ... but this time my expectations are pretty low, too much Dance / K-Pop music and synth sounds and not enough "rock" guitars for my taste.
However, I will listen carefully to the full songs because they spent a lot of time doing them in the studio.

So far I've only ordered the edition with the magazine translated to English (can't wait to read the interviews), I don't think I'll be ordering the Japanese editions this time around.

TOMO sigh

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:36 pm

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
No trailer for me this time. Last time I wasn't so happy with the teaser snippets in Kiss from the darkness, this is why I pass this time. I like Rock Scandal but let's see what the girls serve us. I have no problems with dance music or eletronic influences, it needs to be catchy, though.
MAMI hmm

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 - Page 3 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:38 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think this is going to sound really odd to people, but as much as I like the older sound of Scandal, this album might be the one I listen to the most.
I can't wait for Legacy Hall. If Scandal plays "It Didn't Turn Out to be Love" the people there unfamiliar with the band, like the staff and stuff, are going to lose their, uh, shoes. At the chorus their heads will swivel around as they try to match what they're hearing to what they're seeing, ha ha.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:54 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
It will be again definitely something new that we haven't heard from SCANDAL yet. Who ever doubted it? So I'm really looking forward new music!!! 
And hope this time FedEx will not let me down and quickly deliver package with CDs before the serial code for the concert wasted

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:23 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I'm not particularly crazy about this dance trend they're now into (and I realize we are only getting the chorus for each of these songs), but based on the snippets, this album sounds more cohesive than their last one, KFTD.

Both ETERNAL and IVORY sounded better within the other songs in the trailer, and I'm not a major fan of either tune when they were released as singles.  I may actually enjoy listening to this album in full, but we'll see when it comes out.

Good bonus with the live show offering.  Still waiting for a vinyl edition to be announced before I pre-order; otherwise, I'll get the digital copy from iTunes.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.