Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Season 2, Episode 42

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 NNz3lVM
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 DmeLElF

•The episode starts with this.

•TOMO's second Power Word is from Episode 156 from the 16:23 mark, during which a listener asked the band whether she should be happy with the person she loves, or the person who loves her: "We're talking about you!" TOMO wonders if "MANIA-kun" has ever realized that the band was talking about him, but they're told that no messages have come in from someone who could be him. TOMO asks if there have been any follow-up messages from the listener. Ono says there are, which surprises the band. He says that they are so many year-end things they need to do for the program, so it'll have to wait until a little later on. HARU says that maybe they can get to it in February or around there.

•Next up are RINA's Power Words. The first one is from Episode 148 from the 32:04 mark, when they were discussing their 2023 resolutions and RINA explained what a 'slightly long' drive is for her: "Within in Tokyo." TOMO brings up how one of MAMI's Power Words also came from this same episode. She also wonders how far one could actually go if they drove for 5-6 hours. MAMI says that you could probably go to Osaka, which the others agree with. RINA says that for her, it's not about the time but about how far she'll drive/the length. HARU laughs at how RINA didn't actually drive outside of Tokyo like she had resolved to in 2023. RINA says she's still a little scared to do so. HARU and MAMI say that she first needs to decide on a destination and then set out for it. RINA says that she gets really scared when her GPS suddenly tells her to take some street right after leaving her place. MAMI says, "Like, you have to get on the highway even though you've only been driving for 5 minutes?" RINA says yes, and MAMI says that she does kind of get that. RINA says that she starts to get scared when she first sees a route like that. She says that she'll do her best this year.

•The second one is from Episode 153 from the 9:24 mark, when discussing a message from a listener who asked for advice on lies: "Your nose hairs are sticking out." After playback is done, the band laughs at how long it was (about 8 minutes). RINA laughs and says that she doesn't like the distortion that was put on her voice when she said that line. MAMI laughs at the contrast between how RINA said that and how TOMO said the same thing, but TOMO's was more light and polite in contrast to RINA's heavier and less polite one. HARU says that the band probably answers things too seriously, which the others agree with. They laugh at how much fun they sound discussing things like nose hairs. RINA says that listening back on things like this, she can still relate to what they've talked about. The others agree. MAMI says it makes her laugh like she's hearing it all for the first time. They also wish that they hope their joy is being conveyed to the listeners. MAMI jokes that they're probably all like, "What?? What's with them??" HARU says that they'll do their best to say some good lines in 2024 as well.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here.

I've updated the guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 AtNT0wux_t Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 W8YA0tQE_t

*A list of all episode summaries from #1-160 can be found here

*All episodes of Season 2 can be found here

#front-page #catchup

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Talking about 11th album LUMINOUS, out on March 20!

Season 2, Episode 43 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 9P5nZlz

HARUNA: So, this time...
New Album LUMINOUS Special
~Ruminasu, Katarimasu~ (ルミナス、カタリマス; Talking about LUMINOUS)

All: We'll be talking about itー!

HARUNA: We'll be talking plenty about our 11th original album LUMINOUS, which will be released on March 20.
...We completed it at the end of 2023.

TOMOMI: We completed it just in the nick of time.

HARUNA: We recorded it just before the end of the year. LUMINOUS has a total of 11 songs. The first song we worked on was "Line of sight," which also became a single. So from the start, it took a little over a year to make. Now that it's done, what do you honestly think, RINA?

RINA: This is our 11th album, and I feel that we've done well to get to this point. The word "LUMINOUS" means "bright," "clear in meaning," "easy to understand," "self-luminous," etc. Especially in the past few years, we spent a lot of time worrying and struggling with various things, feeling like we were in a tunnel in a sense. We named it LUMINOUS with the hope that we could get out of that tunnel and move forward into a brighter world feeling lighter. A lot of things happened, and we still don't know which path is the right one to take, but the four of us decided "This way!" We came to believe that the path we took was the right one... Because we are luminous, we're starting to think that the place is bright, and that's a huge accomplishment. I feel that we worked really hard to make it.

HARUNA: The pandemic was a big thing, like it was for everyone else, so production was difficult and we came to a standstill. Since the start of the pandemic, we released our previous albumMIRROR, but that had a lot of songs from when we were struggling. That's why it feels like this new album contains many songs from just before we came out of that struggle. What do you think, TOMO?

TOMOMI: This is our first album since we set our Guinness World Record. We'd been working hard to achieve that goal for the past few years, so I think many of these songs were created while imagining what would happen after that. There are some songs that are everyday songs, but it is great that we were able to include songs that are truly about ourselves and our future, and songs that we can sing with determination.

HARUNA: I agree. I feel that many of the songs that MAMI wrote, especially the ones about the band--or rather, about our thoughts and feelings, have lyrics that reveal them in an honest way.

MAMI: When I wrote "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto," we had tested positive for COVID and couldn't perform live. We really don't know when we'll no longer be able to perform, or when we'll be unable to stand on stage. As human beings, we don't know when we'll die. We don't know if the world will end tomorrow. All of these things are not 100% impossible. I thought about all this a lot when we were stuck at a hotel on tour for about 10 days, and I had never thought about those things before. I thought, "I surely will die someday, but will it be tomorrow?" If we were physically unable to continue, we might not be able to keep doing this, but I felt that the band would somehow be able to continue. I felt so strongly that we never know what will happen to us at any moment, that I even wrote a song about it. We were trying to set a Guinness World Record and I wanted people to know and understand SCANDAL even more. There are some songs that honestly express my feelings, and while there is also an ego-like feeling of wanting people to understand, those feelings are expressed in the album LUMINOUS. I was like, "I've gone and done it," or rather, that I'm done with these feelings. I started to see the light and the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm glad that I was able to do it.

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Season 2, Episode 43

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 OpJ33ef
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 WrgFVCO

•I'll write out exactly what the band talks about after:

H: MAMI had mentioned that when we decided on the title. So, while I think this album has a much brighter feel to it compared to the previous one, I still don't think we've completely overcome that feeling.

M: We always had a happy mindset about it, though. We're just trying to give form to some of the things we had left to say and that we're ending them here, so I feel like we titled the album with the hope that people will accept it with a 100% happy and cheerful mindset.

H: It was pretty late in the process when we decided on the title. We all came up with our own words. Nothing good really came up.

R: That [process] will probably be included in the bonus video [in the Blu-ray Edition].

H: Maybe so. It was really difficult to put the mood or our thoughts at that moment into one word, but the moment we found the word, it was like our feelings suddenly became one.

R: We were able to agree at the same time, "Ah, that's it."

H: Yeah. I think that's amazing it happens every time.

R: I know. It's a moment when all senses come together beyond explanation.

H: Yeah.

R: It's amazing. But albums are extremely important because they determine the year we'll have.

H: That's right. It can be said that it's the end of a year, and also that it's the beginning of a year. I think March is the time when all kinds of things are mixed together, so I think it's great that we can release something at that time that's filled with our feelings. Also, our tour will start. I can't wait for it.

T: It's been a while since we've done a tour with a fair amount of stops. There are 19 of them.

H: Not since 2022. And yes, there are 19 performances. We're going to a lot of places. We're mainly performing at live music clubs this time.

R: That's awesome and admirable. I would have never imagined we'd be doing a live music club tour like this in our 18th year, so I think it's awesome and admirable of us. You know, you live your life as a band member, but you also live your life as a woman, all betting on the band. I think that's really great.

T: It's also very meaningful to tour live music clubs with this album.

R: In close proximity to the audience, too.

H: SCANDAL's fired up.

R: It really is awesome.

H: We'll work hard this year, too. We always wonder how long we can keep working hard for, though.

R: Let's get through this tour one performance at a time.

H: That's right. We always want to persevere in everything we do. Everyone who's coming, please look forward to it!

•HARU then mentions that they're starting a new segment to celebrate the release of their album, titled "Queen of LUMINOUS," or "Quminous" for short. They're looking for stories about extraordinary 'queens' that you know--mothers, sisters, all kinds of 'older sisters' to you, drag queens, etc.--though these stories should exclude SCANDAL.

•Next, they read messages from listeners who attended BEST Xmas. TOMO reads a message from someone who says they didn't expect Dobondobondo to make an appearance and honestly thought that Almond Crush would follow after them. They also found out later via YouTube that DD has another song that's called "Dobondobondo Dungeon." TOMO says that DD surprisingly has 4 songs (DD no Theme, Cherry Jam, DD Dungeon, Sekapero). MAMI says that their policy is that they don't write their own music, so if someone writes a song for them, they'll do it. TOMO says that the song they performed at BEST Xmas was "Dobondobondo no Theme" that Masahiro Ehara wrote it for them. She also lists a few more people that wrote their songs, like DJ Misoshiru and MC Gohan, and says that she'd love to do this again + wish someone would work with them. They laugh at how small TOMO's voice got as she talked.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who went with a friend who was going to be seeing SCANDAL for the first time and didn't mention anything to the friend about how BEST Xmas is usually a special kind of concert, hoping to surprise them. When the concert started, the first 3 songs took them by surprise and was very curious to know how their friend felt about it. When they asked them afterwards, they said that they were surprised and thought, "Idols can rap too?" They both had a lot of fun and also mention that they're teachers (SCANDAL: "Hey! Teacher"). The band says they're glad they enjoyed it. MAMI says that the special segment they do at BEST Xmas is usually in the middle of the concert, so she thinks that people who saw them for the first time would be really surprised. HARU says that they didn't have their instruments on stage at the beginning, which most fans seemed to have noticed. Parents didn't seem to notice, though. They laugh and wonder why that was. TOMO says that although nothing was on the stage at the beginning, there were some markers on the floor numbered 0-2 for the band to remember where to stand when dancing. She says that's not something bands usually do, and that she thinks they're the only band who can coexist with that. HARU says that they really do do amazing things.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says a few things about the concert, such as how hearing "Taiyou Scandalous" in the middle of winter really warmed them up. MAMI says that the song does warm your body up like wormwood (it stimulates sweating). The band laughs at this. RINA says that the song has a very destructive power. TOMO says she's glad they played it.

•They then close out the episode. HARU mentions there was one more thing to look forward to on the day of BEST Xmas for TOMO and RINA. TOMO and RINA say that it was the finals of the M1 Grand Prix (for comedians). RINA mentions how they got to predict their top 3 for Comedy Natalie, that she was really nervous when writing it, and that she did pretty well in her predictions (her 2nd place prediction ended up winning 1st place, and the other two in her top 3 were finalists). HARU says that's impressive. RINA says that what made her happiest at the end of the year was that her sense of humor wasn't off.

I've updated the guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 AtNT0wux_t Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 W8YA0tQE_t

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Commemorating the program's 200th episode! Creating a jingle for the program using new ethnic instruments!

Season 2, Episode 44 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 ZOqZD1K

HARUNA: So, this time...
Celebrating 200th anniversary! Let's produce an original jingle!

TOMOMI: Celebrating the 200th episode... we did that, didn't we??

HARUNA: (*to the staff) We celebrated it the other day, didn't we?

MAMI: We haven't done that many "commemorations" called "commemorations."

HARUNA: I guess we just talked about it, saying, "It's the 200th episode!"...

RINA: Did we say that?

HARUNA: The 200th episode came out on New Year's Day.

RINA: Yes, yes...

TOMOMI: During the live broadcast...? Oh, that's not right.

HARUNA: January 1 was when the 200th episode came out.

RINA: I see.

TOMOMI: Did we just talk about how 200th episode coming out on New Year's Day was nice?

HARUNA: That's it.

RINA: Yeah.

HARUNA: We didn't do anything for it, so we'll be making a jingle for the program again.

TOMOMI: I feel like we've been recording them consistently.

HARUNA: Don't we do it once a year?

RINA: That's right.

HARUNA: They say this will be the 23rd time we've produced an original jingle. Do you guys remember the previous ones?

RINA: I vaguely remember them...

TOMOMI: An instrument we used was the "boroboro mini" (four-hole ocarina)... and then, uh...

HARUNA: What else were there?

MAMI: A whistle!

TOMOMI: A bird whistle.

HARUNA: We played "one more time" and "eternal."

RINA: We did.

HARUNA: And this time, the instruments have been "powered up"!

RINA: What...?

TOMOMI: Powered up!?

HARUNA: You're probably wondering what that means...

RINA: What are there??

TOMOMI: There are always a lot of "ethnic instruments," though.

HARUNA: Let's take a look at the instruments this time.

*Instrument appearance!

(*Members speak freely about their impressions of the instruments)

MAMI: There's a big one.

HARUNA: They look like interior decorations.

MAMI: What's that?

TOMOMI: It's kind of cute.

MAMI: They're all usually cute.

HARUNA: Is this a bugle?

MAMI: The little bugle is called a "marching bugle."

HARUNA: And this one?

MAMI: That's a "mini bamboo xylophone."

HARUNA: Is this a guiro?

RINA: It's an "ektara/gopichand."

TOMOMI: The guiro is the frog one (frog rasp).

HARUNA: (*reads the explanation) The Indian "marching bugle" is also used by the military.

TOMOMI: How do you change the pitch of the marching bugle? Is it the mouth?

HARUNA: The mouth, right? The ektara is an Indian instrument, and the sound is changed by gripping the bamboo part on the side.

MAMI: I see.

HARUNA: The frog "guiro" is a Vietnamese instrument.

TOMOMI: That's cute.

HARUNA: Apparently it's called a "mokokku" (unsure of the correct spelling; I can't find a damn thing about how this word is spelled in Vietnamese or otherwise lol). The boroboro mini is also from Vietnam. Apparently it's called "đàn T'rưng." It's true that the instruments have become more powerful.

MAMI: They'd all make nice interior decorations.

HARUNA: Let's decide which instrument each of us will play.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Season 2, Episode 44

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 AX4FZLJ
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 IkFBTed

•HARU asks which instrument each person wants to play. TOMO and RINA say they'd be fine with any of them. HARU says to choose whichever one they like. MAMI decides to go with the one right in front of her, which is the ektara. TOMO and RINA still aren't sure which to choose. HARU says, "Aren't you in charge of playing the melodies?" TOMO goes, "Me?" HARU says yes (since TOMO had done them for past jingles). RINA asks if TOMO will play the bugle, then. TOMO wonders if she'll be able to play it. She tries it out and can only play a singular sound, which makes the others laugh. TOMO says that it doesn't have a key to it. She tries it again and says that you really have to use it like a trumpet in order for it to make noise; it's like she's back in a concert band club. HARU asks if she had been in that kind of club. TOMO says that she played the clarinet in elementary school. She tries the bugle again and says that it only makes one sound. HARU then reads something that says that the scale can't be changed.

•They all try their instruments a bit before HARU asks what song they should try playing. TOMO suggests "Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto." RINA asks what part of the song to do. Without anyone really answering, they test their instruments again. MAMI says that her instrument doesn't really do higher sounds. She then suggests doing "Line of sight," which the others say is good. HARU says that LOS is a really fast song, though. After more testing of their instruments, HARU says that it seems like it'd be impossible for them to play any new songs. MAMI wonders what about "CANDY." It sounds like TOMO tries to play it but is unable to. The others laugh and HARU asks what part she's trying to play. TOMO says the intro. HARU laughs hard, since it sounds nothing like it. HARU again asks what song they should try playing. MAMI says that "CANDY" would probably be the easiest to do, and suggests playing the chorus. RINA asks how that goes, again. HARU starts to sing it, and then MAMI says maybe they can do the "tururururu tururu" part. TOMO tries playing it but it doesn't really sound like it. MAMI then tries her instrument but laughs and says she doesn't know anymore. RINA is heard playing her instrument in the background. HARU says that it sounds like she'll be able to play the "tururururu tururu" part." TOMO tries again with hers, which makes them laugh again.

•They try out playing that part in "CANDY." HARU starts to say "SCANDAL Catch up supported by..." but laughs in the middle and says she can't do it. They all laugh at their first attempt. They do their second attempt and are able to make it the whole way through. They stifle their laughter after and wonder if that was a good take since this jingle will be used for the rest of the year. RINA jokes to not use it that often, which makes them all laugh. HARU says that was difficult to do. She also says that there really are all kinds of instruments in the world.

•They then close out the episode. The song that plays right before they close it out is "CANDY," which makes them laugh. MAMI says that real thing is playing. HARU says that the only thing they did this episode was try and make a jingle, which they laugh at. TOMO says it's always fun to do. HARU says these instruments were a good find. MAMI says that these have been the most instrument-like so far, like they actually look like commonly used instruments. HARU says they're the biggest instruments they've used so far. MAMI says they were the most interesting ones, which makes TOMO laugh. HARU says they've been doing this for four years and she's looking forward to next year's jingle as well. MAMI laughs. TOMO says that the instruments will be so leveled up next time that she'll probably be playing the flute.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Giving away more and more newly created program pouches!

Season 2, Episode 45 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 UnvsUHM

HARUNA: So, this time...we'll just be reading messages!

Ruka

This is my first time sending a message.

For Christmas, it's become an annual event for me to go to SCANDAL's concert. After the concert, I stay over with my SCANDAL friends, exchange gifts for things I don't need, and spend Christmas basking in the afterglow of the concert. I had a long history of unrequited love and had not had a significant other for several years, so I had forgotten the concept of Christmas.

The 24th of one such year was also a regular event with my usual friend group. A week before the 24th, a good friend of mine called me and asked me when I was free. I replied that I was going back to my parents' house at the end of the year, so I was only free on the 25th and 26th, and I could hang out on either of those days. He then suggested that I go to Yomiuriland on the 25th with a male friend, and we agreed to go.

Since I was staying over with my friend group that day, I was a little late and headed there with my big luggage. However, I had forgotten that it was Christmas, so there were many people at the bus stop of the nearest station. I had no choice but to walk there with my big luggage in the cold. As a result, I was very late.

I managed to meet up with my male friend and we walked around the park, but it was so cold and snowy that we couldn't ride many attractions because of the huge number of people.

When it was time to leave the park, my male friend suggested we take the long way around. On the way to the exit, my male friend said he wanted to talk to me. I answered, "What is it?" and my male friend suddenly confessed to me with a serious look on his face, "I like you. Please go out with me."

I had never imagined he'd say that to me, so I was surprised and said, "What? Are you serious?" In my head, I was like, "What's going on?"

As I mentioned at the beginning, I had no concept of Christmas at that time, and my male friend wasn't my type, so we just hung out as friends. So I never thought he would confess his feelings for me.

I heard later that he seemed to think it was a good idea to do this on Christmas day and was planning on confessing his feelings, but when I had been very late and when I started talking about my ideal type when we started talking about love, he realized that I had no interest in him and hesistated to confess.

However, as a result, on December 25th of this year, I will have been dating him for two years.

It's probably something normal people would understand, but I was horribly insensitive to it, so it was a slightly embarrassing story about Christmas.

Also, the 24th of this year will be my 9th Christmas with SCANDAL. Of course, I will be there again this year with my friend group! I'm looking forward to it!

All: Thank you very much!

RINA: They wrote this before coming to the concert.

HARUNA: They did.

RINA: Thank you.

TOMOMI: So on that day they decided to start dating?

RINA: Two years ago, yeah. That's amazing. I guess that's what they like about them, too. It's a special day, but you don't have to be conscious of it--there's a sense of freedom. Just enjoying each other's company as friends. I think that's wonderful.

HARUNA: But certainly, if someone said they were free on the 25th, you might be a little nervous.

RINA: Yeah, you'd be like, "It's Christmas; is that okay?"

HARUNA: That's great that they've been together for two years and have spent nine Christmas concerts with us.

MAMI: Thank you very much.

RINA: Thank you. I wish you happiness.

HARUNA: Please come to a concert with him.

MAMI: Is this worthy of a pouch?

HARUNA: Shall we give them a pouch?

RINA: Let's give it to them!

HARUNA: Then we'll give it to Ruka.

TOMOMI: The first "Catch up pouch" - how commemorable!

HARUNA: We'll give them a "yogurt pouch"!

RINA: So cuteー

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Season 2, Episode 45

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 XbQPSqzb_o
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 S8EeJy69_o

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener whose message was read during Episode 156 where she asked the band whether she should be happy with the person she loves, or the person who loves her. She's sent in this message because there's been some progress, but says that she's not in a relationship with either guy. MANIA-kun had come to Kansai to visit her and then came again for SCANDAL's unlimited UTOPIA tour, though they didn't attend the concert together. They kept in touch after that, but his social media profile happened to be recommended to her and the difference between that and how he is in real life was so drastic that it kind of woke her up and made her feel uncomfortable. She thought that if she kept contacting him, she might get his hopes up, so she deliberately reduced the frequency of her replies. Even so, she felt sorry for being unable to respond to his feelings, which outweighted how happy she was that he was thinking of her. She just told him that she'd see him if there was another concert and then stopped contacting him. She had made plans to hang out with the other guy she likes on the day of SCANDAL's signing event in Tokyo, and afterwards he accompanied her to the venue. She was planning on confessing her feelings when they parted, but in the end she didn't have the courage to do so and they remain friends to this day. As time went by, she thought that she could have a better relationship with him as a friend rather than a lover. She says that there may come a day when she'll regret this decision, but it was one she made after much consideration so she'll enjoy her single life to the fullest so that she doesn't regret it. The band talks about the social media aspect and that, for example, you'd be really excited after a concert and that could come across in your posts. They say that it's important how you use social media, though it's okay to just be yourself. There's nothing wrong with there being a big difference between your online and offline personalities, and that it's a matter of compatibility. They thank the listener for sending in an update.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who is sending a "just between you and me" type of message from something that happened when they attended a SCANDAL concert a few years ago. They say that they were front row on MAMI's side and was raising their hand during one of the songs when a hair strand of MAMI's, who was whipping her hair around, floated into their hand (TOMO: "That's scary!"). They say that since they attend concerts solo, they haven't had a chance to tell other fans about this incident, which is why they're sending in this message. MAMI goes, "You don't really need to mention this story!" They all laugh. TOMO wonders if the fan took home the strand. MAMI says (or hopes, more like it) that they probably threw it away. Ono states that the listener is a woman. The band is surprised at how the listener was able to notice the single strand of hair and wonder if it was illuminated by the lighting. They say that MAMI's hair is pretty easy to see, especially when it's blonde. TOMO says that she thought there'd be a scary story that followed, which they all laugh at. MAMI says sorry and thanks for finding it, while TOMO says congratulations. MAMI then says that she has no idea what to say to this. RINA laughs and says it's an odd feeling. Ono says that this message was sent in as part of the "secret conversations" message theme for the live broadcast.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says that their secret is that they dress up like a woman. They started doing their own makeup about six years ago but couldn't imagine going out like that. Once they went out wearing a mask, they gained a strange confidence because most people weren't concerned about it, especially those who were looking at their phones. Since they started growing their hair out, switching from a wig, they've been wearing women's clothes to SCANDAL concerts. They went to SCANDAL's signing in Osaka in a t-shirt, skirt, and sandals after much deliberation. RINA thanked them for wearing a "SHE IS A WAVE" shirt and said that it looked nice on them. When they told RINA that they were a guy, she looked them straight in the eye and said "Oh? That's great!" They were so happy that they were tearing up. They still feel guilty for dressing up as a woman but still want to continue doing so. RINA says that she remembers them. HARU says she does as well. RINA says that they don't get to talk much to each fan due to limited time, but she was really happy that they told her that, and she thought it was really wonderful that a fan was truly living their life the way they want to. HARU says that she thinks people can express themselves however they like to. MAMI says that she really loves the YouTuber Himenii who also dresses up like a woman and that they're really cute. She says that Himenii says that cross-dressing is the best thing that only men can do, which she thinks is true. RINA says that the reverse is also true, where there are many women who like things that only guys are supposed to like. That's also something that she thinks is totally fine. She mentions that they often get DMs and fan letters about things like this, and she wants to tell all of these people that it's totally fine. TOMO says that it's the most wonderful thing when you live your life faithfully to what you love.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who is sharing an embarrassing story that he experienced in middle school. One morning in his first year of middle school, he was riding the train as usual when he noticed a slightly scary high school boy staring at him. They had grown up watching lots of drama series so they figured that they couldn't look away because the boy would see that he was scared and would take advantage of him. When he didn't look away, the high schooler started slowly making his way towards him. He thought he would get beaten up like in dramas, but instead the high schooler whispered to him that his fly was open. That was what he was trying to communicate to the listener. The listener realized that it was in fact open and felt like he wanted to just disappear. TOMO says that was a good story and that both boys were really cute. HARU says that you do get pretty nervous when someone stares at you like that and you wonder if you did something. MAMI says all the more when it's someone older than you.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Their first long vacation in 18 years! What did each member do??

Season 2, Episode 46 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 4KVCq831_o

HARUNA: This time... It's been a month since we recorded for "Catch up"??

RINA: That's right. Not since the end of last year. It's been quite a while.

TOMOMI: We recorded a surprisingly large amount of episodes at the end of the year.

RINA: Yes, we recorded several rounds of three episodes.

HARUNA: Yeah, we recorded about two months worth. That's why we said "Happy New Year" in December. The reason for this is that SCANDAL took a whole month off in January.

RINA: That was a first. It was the first time we took such a long break.

HARUNA: Yes.

RINA: I'm grateful.

HARUNA: We've been at this for 17 years, so we took this opportunity to take a little vacation, and each of us decided to do something we liked for a month... Let's talk about how we spent the month.

RINA: What did you guys do?

MAMI: I went to Sanrio Puroland about once every three days.

HARUNA: Ehー?

RINA: What a crazy pace...

MAMI: I also went to Harmonyland in Oita with my mother. Or rather, my main reason was to go to Harmonyland.

RINA: Your long-cherished wish...?

MAMI: Yes, my long-cherished wish.

RINA: You did mention that. Was that your first time going?

MAMI: No, it was my third time.

HARUNA: You've been there quite a bit.

MAMI: It was a day trip. We took the plane at 6 am and came back at 7 pm. This was probably my second trip to Oita Prefecture where I wanted to do some proper sightseeing, The first time I went to Beppu, and this time I went to Yufuin.

TOMOMI: Sounds great!

RINA: Did you go to an onsen?

MAMI: That's right. Also, I think I got sculpted gel nails for the first time in my life.

TOMOMI: You play the guitar, so you can't usually do that.

MAMI: Yeah, I can't. Now they're all removed and shortened. When your nails are cute, you get really excited.

HARUNA: That's right.

MAMI: The moment you hand something to someone or hand them something, a conversation is born into this world, like, "Your nails are cute!" It was my first time experiencing that. I was so pumped.

TOMOMI: It's nice, isn't it?

HARUNA: I grew my nails a little longer, too.

MAMI: You grew them longer??

HARUNA: I grew them longer than usual.

RINA: Did you do your nails?

HARUNA: Yes, I did them myself.

TOMOMI: Nice... I can't grow mine at all. I cut them right away.

MAMI: I had my nails taken off at the place where I had them done, and I told the tech, "Thank you so much. I can't believe how happy it made me..." I told her everything I was feeling, and then she took them off.

TOMOMI: You sound like a first-year gyaru.

HARUNA: We all took trips, right?

RINA: We did. I went to Kyoto with my sister, and we went to an Italian restaurant next to the five-story pagoda, where you can eat while looking at it. It's really cool; the interior is Western style, but the view is cool Japanese style. That contrast is wonderful. Chihara Junior went there with Yuichi Kimura (both comedians). It's a creative Italian restaurant, but it's not exactly Italian. It's all a little different. We ate a course there and then relaxed at a ryokan (Japanese inn).

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Season 2, Episode 46

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 Ciuz0Xoi_o
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 UX9KjJ3n_o

•RINA also says that it was raining on the day they stayed overnight in Kyoto, but it was really cool to see Kyoto in the rain. She spent a nice and luxurious day relaxing and thinking how grateful she is to have been able to spend her time like that. She also mentions that she went to Tokyo Disneyland. HARU is surprised and says that she successfully drove outside of Tokyo/the prefecture (one of RINA's 2023 resolutions was to drive outside of Tokyo, which she didn't get around to doing--until recently with this trip). RINA laughs and says she did accomplish that. MAMI congratulates her. HARU asks how it was. RINA says she was really nervous but managed to get there safely. She mentions how the Disneyland staff is so smiley when they guide you when parking. It made her think, "Thanks! I've arrived!" and says she was really happy. HARU says that she's glad she drove outside of Tokyo, RINA says she's glad she was able to report this.

•Next, HARU says that TOMO did a lot of traveling. TOMO says that she first went to Kumamoto for New Year's with her family and saw Mount Aso, the castle, and relaxed in the hot springs. After that, she went to South Korea with her high school friends for 2 days, 3 nights. Following that, she went to Cebu in the Philippines with her elementary school friend for about a week. Following that, she went to Toba Aquarium and Ise Jingu Shrine (in Mie Prefecture) for a day. HARU says that's a huge distance traveled. TOMO says she was almost never in Tokyo and was always somewhere else. Because they usually don't have much time to do private traveling and don't know when they'll have a vacation, this might have been the first time in her life that she was able to properly enjoy a trip. She also brings up how they usually have travel plans taken care of for them (when they travel for concerts) by travel agents and such, so this was her first time doing all of this herself. She had to do stuff like rent a pocket Wi-Fi and such. She says that she had so much fun taking these trips that she thought she was going to die. The others laugh at this. MAMI mentions how she invited TOMO to go to a parfait place that they like and she brought her a bunch of souvenirs. TOMO had said she had gotten back the day before and will be leaving again tomorrow. TOMO says that MAMI had invited her at a good time.

•HARU says that contrary to TOMO's packed schedule, she spent a very relaxing time at home. She did travel once, and also went to Mie with her mom. She's been going to Toba Aquarium on family trips since she was little and so is familiar with the aquarium, and recently videos of the sea otters there have been going viral on social media. HARU really wanted to go see them again and found them so cute that she watched them for about two hours. She says that the reason why the otters started doing the stuff they're going viral for is for the keepers to check their health, like if they're able to move parts of their body normally or if they feel well or not. RINA says that it's comforting to hear they weren't taught that to make humans happy. TOMO asks HARU if they stayed in Toba. HARU says they did. TOMO asks if there were a lot of stalls, like ones selling grilled oysters, set up in front of Toba Station. HARU says that there were. MAMI wonders if it's because it's near the sea. TOMO says yes, and that there are lots of places that sell seafood caught that day and grill them on the spot, which makes it so much fun to visit those places. It was in fact so much fun for her that she delayed her return train. HARU says she probably did the opposite schedule from TOMO where she went to Toba first and then to Ise (also in Mie) the next day, and then went back home. TOMO says that she was in Toba for 2 days. MAMI goes, "In front of the station?", which they all laugh at. RINA asks TOMO what she ate. TOMO says she ate spiny lobster, grilled oysters, clams.

•Next, they read messages from listeners who sent in messages for the new segment to celebrate the release of their album, titled "Queen of LUMINOUS," or "Quminous" for short. HARU reads a message from a listener who says that her family's "Quminous" is her mother Sacchan. She mentions things like how there are three daughters and they usually listen to their parents' complaints, but when Sacchan gets a little tipsy, she gets a little pouty and says stuff like, "Is it my fault?" and then falls asleep. She asks SCANDAL if they can award Sacchan, who is always working hard, the Quminous Award. The band laughs and MAMI goes, "Were we giving out awards?" TOMO says that it's not that kind of segment. HARU wonders if they'll make an award later. They say that Sacchan sounds lively and joke that they'll give her the award. Ono says they can send her a pouch, which they agree on.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who also writes about their mom. They hadn't been able to return home for a while due to the pandemic and such, but had finally been able to do so for the year-end holidays and was reunited with their family for the first time in about 5 years. They told their mom that they had been having fun going to SCANDAL's concerts, and she asked them to tell her about SCANDAL's next album. When they gave her a copy of the Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto single, she listened to it every day in the car and now supports SCANDAL. The band says that makes them happy to hear that fans are starting conversations like that.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener whose short Quminous story is about their wife who is ridiculously good at making tamagoyaki (rolled egg) and calls her the Tamagoyaki Queen. The taste, the shape, the color all look like ones found at an izakaya, and frankly, they are even better than the ones served at restaurants. The listener says that, by the way, they're the Chawanmushi (steamed egg custard) Minister The band laughs at how this couple's all about eggs. TOMO says that telling someone something like what the listener mentioned would definitely make them happy. They say that the Tamagoyaki Queen and Chawanmushi Minister sound really cute. TOMO says they'll give them an egg award. There's a pause before MAMI goes, "...egg?" They laugh and say they don't have that kind of award.

•They then close out the episode. HARU asks the others how it was to record an episode after so long. RINA says that it went by in a flash, which they all agree with. HARU says that it always feels like that, though. MAMI says that they conversed like they usually do. RINA says it felt good to talk and have things feel fresh.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

What did someone really want to tell HARUNA with their first-ever message?

Season 2, Episode 47 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 LXF3NYS6_o

HARUNA: This time...we're just going to introduce messages. Let's get right to it.

Paashii

I became a fan of SCANDAL when I was in middle school, and although I was away from the band for a while in high school due to studies and club activities, I am now a nursing student and am hooked on SCANDAL again. In that vein, I belatedly listened to all past episodes of "Catch up," and I really wanted to tell HARUNA something, so I'm sending in a message to a radio program for the first time in my life.

During Smental (game where all 4 members of SCANDAL try to give the same answer to a subject), HARUNA has given answers such as mochi and tofu, but what I imagine while listening and what HARUNA gives as an answer are always the same.

The other members would say, "Why would you answer that? That's so funny!", I was pleased to see that my thought process was exactly the same as HARUNA's, but at the same time felt down and thought I was a weirdo, so I had mixed feelings about it (haha).

I got the impression that HARUNA feels down every time Smental is played, but she has like-minded comrades, so don't be discouraged! That's all I wanted to say.

On a personal note, the national nursing exam is coming up in a week, so I'm feeling anxious every day no matter how much I study. But I will get through it by listening to SCANDAL songs every day!

HARUNA: Thank you!

TOMOMI: Good luck! National exams sure are nerve-racking.

RINA: But their message is so cute.

TOMOMI: HARU has a comrade.

HARUNA: Yeah, I do. But there are a few others as well.

MAMI: Hmm?

HARUNA: I get DMs from quite a few people who say, "I also thought of tofu!"

MAMI: Before that, HARU, you felt down!?

TOMOMI: You felt down?

HARUNA: Well...

RINA: You did?

HARUNA: It doesn't make me feel down that my answers are different than your guys' answers. I'm surprised that you're so surprised. I'm more surprised than disheartened.

All: Ah!

MAMI: I see. But it's not something to be disheartened about.

RINA: There's no right answer.

TOMOMI: It's just a game.

Back to top Go down
3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I love Tomomi's pants. so cool

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Season 2, Episode 47

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 Ly96Vm8C_o
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 L3df3lXc_o

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who says they're sending in a topic for Smental: When eating oden, which ingredient do you start from? Ono says to try and do it. HARU says that she has hers decided. RINA says that there's one that she usually starts with. MAMI says that she has two in mind. TOMO says that hers depends on her mood that day. MAMI then wonders what some of the official names are for the ingredients. RINA and HARU both say that theirs are very standard ones. Ono says they should try and match their answers. RINA says that the one she's thinking of is one she'd imagine about 90% of people would order when eating oden. They say they think they'll match up and all answer "Daikon" at the same time. HARU says that she hasn't eaten oden much this year. MAMI says she's hasn't eaten it. TOMO says that she's eaten it around 3 times. RINA says she's eaten it as well.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who says that they really sympathized with the recent story the band told about absorbing luck and say that they have similar experiences where something bad always happens to someone who treats her loved ones badly. An example would be mysterious leaks in the roof above the three people who treat her husband badly, and all those people sat in the different locations. Also, good luck always seems to happen to her loved ones. She's always had this kind of luck but wants to get rid of it since it scares her. She's also scared that she's the only one like that. HARU says that her mom is the same way, and lists an example of people working with her quitting right away. TOMO says that they're on a higher level than SCANDAL. The band just absorbs luck, but it's like these people are punishing bad guys. MAMI says that HARU's mom isn't the same as the listener. HARU says that her mom will wish things like "I wish they'd leave" and they usually do. TOMO says that the listener in particular is kind of close to being a god. MAMI says that maybe they were in a past life. They then talk about how it's the opposite for them with liking stores that seem to inevitably close down. RINA says that maybe they're pouring out a lot of twisted love, which they laugh at. They ask people who have these "godlike powers" to send in messages.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says that they spoke some power words in early 2024. They were worried about the environment of the place they'd been working at since the end of last year, and even after the start of the new year, they found themselves being consumed with work and exhausted by it. They came down with the flu at the start of the year, yet the owner gave them a tough schedule. The listener asked if they cared about their employees at all, and owner said they've never been told that before. The next day they talked and made peace, but the listener did eventually quit. RINA says that all built up and exploded when those words were said. TOMO says it takes courage to say something like that, and it's great when that courage improves things for others.

•Before HARU reads the next message, she goes, "What was 'Shunkan Plain,' again?" None of them remember what it is. TOMO says that they probably don't have this segment anymore. HARU then reads the message from a listener who sent in a message to the recent "Catch up" live broadcast for a "song you want a loved one to hear," which he dedicated to a follower of theirs, though the message + song weren't chosen to be aired. A few days later when they were feeling down, they were so happy to hear from their follower and told her about the message + song they sent in to express their gratitude for the follower. She said that she had actually done the same, and their messages ended up being almost the same. Although they live in different places and have never met in real life, they met on social media because of SCANDAL and are very important to one another. The listener was so happy that they couldn't put into words when they found out they both had written the same kind of thing. They say it's their dream to meet the follower at a concert one day. The band says that's lovely. HARU apologizes for not reading their message. They say they have several concerts this year, including their upcoming tour, so they'd love for them to come out and finally meet.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who lives in Kagoshima Prefecture and ask if they remember the call-and-response regarding a local commercial they did when SCANDAL went there on the 47-prefecture tour. They're referring to this commercial for a vocational school where one person asks, "Shourai, nani ni naru no? (What will you be in the future?)" and the other answers, "Koumuin (civil servant)." They say that the school hasn't showed the commercial for a few years now, but it's so ingrained into the bodies of people from Kagoshima that they'll definitely answer back if they were asked during another MC. They also give a tip to stretch out the "no" at the end. MAMI says, "We didn't absorb the luck out of the commercial, right?", which makes them all laugh. TOMO says that's possible. They laugh at how they were even given a tip to say it properly. TOMO says that they'd do this kind of local commercial call-and-response thing during their 47-prefecture tour, which made the crowds excited.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who saw TOMO's post from when she went to the Philippine and had Jollibee. They say also went to the Philippines and had Jollibee for the first time. TOMO says that Jollibee was great. HARU asks what she ate. TOMO says she got the kids meal because she wanted the toy of Jollibee that came with it. She says it came with some bright yellow 'clay' (was actually Play-Doh) but didn't understand the directions on how to do it (you put a piece of Play-Doh into the food mold on the figure's back, press it down, and put the Play-Doh on the figure's tray it's holding), so she asked fans via social media for help.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
The first "I see - The Catch up" in forever! What is "chile," an essential ingredient in Mexican cooking?

Season 2, Episode 48 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 8DyEP6eC_o

HARUNA: This time we're doing... "I see - The Catch up"!

TOMOMI: We love this segment!

HARUNA: It's been a while.

TOMOMI: It's been a really long while, hasn't it?

HARUNA: Not since last summer.

RINA: That much time has passed, huh.

HARUNA: Last summer, too, it had been a while since we'd done "I see - The Catch up."

TOMOMI: Once every 2 cours.
(*1 cour equals 3 months)

RINA: That's right.

HARUNA: It seems like we've been doing it quite a bit, but at any rate, it's been a while.

RINA: Once is a lot.

HARUNA: "I see - The Catch up" is a quiz about world news and countries! Based on messages from overseas listeners, the staff comes up with quizzes related to the countries of the people sending n messages and ask the members questions. So far...we have delivered quizzes based on messages from Estonia, Malaysia, Argentina, Italy, Russia, USA, Australia, Philippines, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, and Hong Kong.

RINA: The number's growingー

HARUNA: We get to know a lot more about the world. Which countries will they be from this time? First, we'll read the messages.

Antonio

Hi, im Tony from Mexico

This is my first time to send you a message and I am using a translator so I am sure there are many things wrong, but I was very happy to hear that SCANDAL has a new album and a new tour this year. I hope they will have a concert in my country, I want to go too, in 2015 and 2018 you already had concerts there, but at that time I was not yet a fan of yours, I was hoping MIRROR would have a date here, though that did not happen, hope to see more scandals this year and next!

(*Note: I translated this message to English through another translating service to retain the machine-translated feel)

All: Thank you very much!

TOMOMI: We'd like to go to Mexico tooー.

MAMI: We doー.

TOMOMI: I wonder what made them like us after 2018.

HARUNA: I wonder.

TOMOMI: There might have been some trigger related to Japan, like TV or magazines. If it's overseas...

RINA: YouTube? When we went to Mexico for the first time, we heard that many people came after watching our music videos on YouTube.

TOMOMI: I wonder if that's still true today. We don't update YouTube at all...only music videos.

HARUNA: There's no content that can be easily watched. (lol unfortunately, you guys are too naive)

TOMOMI: It'd be nice if there was more.

HARUNA: That's true.

RINA: If you hit upon a video and watch one, there are quite a few music videos to watch.

MAMI: There are quite a few.

TOMOMI: On the contrary, there are only music videos.

HARUNA: We made a few documentaries during the MIRROR era, so perhaps they watched them.

TOMOMI: We'd love to go back to Mexico.

Staff: SCANDAL fans overseas enjoy this program, too. That's why they send in messages.

HARUNA: That's true; if people want to know more about us, they could eventually end up here.

TOMOMI: But since we only talk in Japanese...it'd be difficult [for them to understand] even if they ended up here.

RINA: We're very grateful.

TOMOMI: Thank you very much.

HARUNA: Now then, let's start "I see - The Catch up" with a question about Mexico.

The essential ingredients for Mexican cuisine are corn, beans,
And "chile." Now then, what is "chile"?

TOMOMI: Chile??

MAMI: Chire!? Wait, wait, wait...avocado!
(*bzzt)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Season 2, Episode 48

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 PlbO2zMV_o
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Bulgaria Yogurt』 - Page 5 2jyLrBZh_o

•TOMO then guesses beef (*bzzt). MAMI guesses jalapeno (*bzzt). HARU guesses chocolate (*bzzt). RINA guesses wheat flour (*bzzt). MAMI guesses cactus (*bzzt). TOMO says they had eaten tacos for every meal when they were there and asks what were in them. RINA then guesses chicken (*bzzt). TOMO guesses pork (*bzzt), and then breaks down what the taco consisted of, starting with a corn tortilla. MAMI says there were some tacos with chocolate on them, and then guesses cabbage (*bzzt). HARU guesses onions (*bzzt). MAMI guesses tomatoes (*bzzt). She laughs and says, "You've gotta be kidding me!" TOMO guesses cheese (*bzzt). Ono says that they kind of were close earlier. TOMO then guesses chili peppers, which is correct. The others go, "Ahh." TOMO asks if that includes jalapenos, which Ono says that it seems to. The band says that "chile" being chili peppers does make sense. TOMO says she really wants to eat some tacos. HARU says she does, too. MAMI says she really want to eat jalapenos (lol). RINA says that Mexican dishes really suit Japanese palettes. MAMI says that what you usually think of when you hear tacos is the American version of them with ground beef in them (like Taco Bell tacos), but in Mexico they put the tortilla first, then the ingredients, and you can eat it with a fork and knife (lol idk about that). Ono then says that this question actually came from Meiji's site. RINA kind of repeats what MAMI says about tacos = American style tacos. HARU says that tacos sold at chain restaurants are usually American style. TOMO says that they didn't see any tacos with ground meat in them in Mexico. They also mention how they were given a lot of tequila and gave a lot of them to their staff, which they happily accepted.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener whose message was previously read, who is a Japanese person married to a Brazilian and had been planning to go to Brazil. They say that they went during the New Year's holidays and mention things like how they asked a local relative to find the churrasco place that SCANDAL had gone to. The quiz question is then read: "In Brazil, breakfast is called 'café da manhã,' but what does it mean when translated literally?" RINA guesses "ohayou no hitokuchi" (good morning sip/bite) (*bzzt), which HARU laughs at. TOMO guesses "coffee and sugar," in English (*bzzt). MAMI says that since "cafe" is in the name, it probably has something to do with coffee. HARU guesses "coffee and muffins" (*bzzt). TOMO guesses "coffee and milk" (*bzzt). RINA guesses "pancakes and black tea" (*bzzt). TOMO guesses "pao de queijo" (Brazilian cheese bread) (*bzzt). MAMI guesses "coffee and bread" (*bzzt). TOMO guesses "coffee and wheat" (*bzzt). Ono says that the "cafe" = "coffee" part is correct. TOMO guesses "sunny-side up eggs" (*bzzt). RINA guesses "sausage" (*bzzt), then "potatoes" (*bzzt). Ono then says that it's "___ coffee." MAMI guesses "morning coffee," which is correct. She goes, "That's correct?? Yay!" Ono says that this question also came from Meiji's site. They all laugh and say that everything can be found on their site. HARU reads a little more info that came from the site and mentions that fruit juice is also an indispensible part of breakfast. They all recall that the fruit juice they had there was really good. TOMO says it was so good that she thought she was going to die.

•HARU reads more info, which mentions pao de queijo, and says that it contains mandioca flour, which makes it very springy. MAMI goes, "What does 'mandioca' mean?" and asks it like a quiz question. TOMO guesses glutinous rice (*bzzt), which makes the others laugh. RINA guesses "flour that makes food springy" (*bzzt). TOMO guesses rice flour (*bzzt). Ono says that the word is actually defined on Meiji's site, which surprises them. HARU says that she happened to see the answer and info, and says that it was once a staple food of indigenous peoples. TOMO guesses taro (*bzzt). MAMI also seems to know the correct answer and says that she's close. TOMO then guesses satoimo (which is also taro, though lol) (*bzzt). TOMO then just says potato, and MAMI says that it is a potato. HARU says that it's something they've likely heard more about in recent years. TOMO goes, "What?" MAMI laughs and says that doesn't help. RINA guesses Japanese mountain yam (*bzzt), which makes everyone laugh (HARU: "What a refined answer"). RINA says that she thought that'd be the right answer. HARU says that it's used in something that's popular these days. TOMO and RINA are still confused by this. TOMO then guesses "maritozzi" (I think lol? which are Italian cream buns). There's a pause before the others laugh and say that that has been a popular item recently. MAMI laughs and says that's not a potato.

•HARU clarifies that it's something potato related that's used in something that's popular. TOMO says that she can't think of anything. HARU starts saying that it was probably more popular a little while ago, before TOMO suddenly goes, "Tapioca!" HARU goes, "Tapioca, what?" TOMO asks what tapioca is, anyway, and if it is a potato. HARU says that it's the potato used to make tapioca. RINA asks if it's a white potato, which HARU says it is. TOMO says that she thought tapioca was made from gelatin, and then wonders if gelatin comes from a potato (lol it's derived from animals). TOMO then guesses "konjac potato" (*bzzt). RINA asks if it's "___ potato." HARU says that it is. TOMO again guesses satoimo (taro) (*bzzt). HARU says that it's not really talked about in Japan. Ono says that they've likely heard about it before, though. TOMO and RINA try thinking of what tapioca is made of. TOMO says that she's surprised tapioca comes from a potato. Then, she goes "Ca-?" Ono says that it does start with "ca." They then just start saying words that start with that, like "cabinet." TOMO guesses "casket" (*bzzt). RINA laughs at this. MAMI says that it's "ca" plus the name of a fish (spoiler: she's referring to "saba" (サバ), which is mackerel). TOMO says "cagyo" ("gyo" means "fish") (*bzzt), which they laugh hard at. MAMI starts to explain something else when TOMO suddenly answers "cassava," which is correct. She goes, "I've never heard of it, though!", which they all laugh at. RINA says that she's never said it outloud before, and when she said it, that was the first time her mouth ever moved that way. They laugh. MAMI says that it resembles taro but is a different kind of potato.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener from the Philippines who mentions things like how they and their friends won first place in a digital art production contest at their school, which was scary at first since it was their first time collaborating with local friends. They had little experience collaborating before, which had been with online friends in far away countries. They say to also wish them luck as they're working on a piece to give to someone for Valentine's. The band says that's awesome they got first place. RINA wonders if designs created by AI were used. They also say that it's great how we live in an era where you can make art with people you've never met before, and wonder what kind of art they're making for Valentine's. Ono says that Meiji doesn't have a page about the Philippines on their site, so this is a question he made up especially for them. HARU starts reading it: "'Everyone loves Jollibee, but...' Wait, what does this say? 'Men'..." MAMI goes, "'Men'?" Ono takes a look at it and says that it says "menu." The others laugh and RINA says she was wondering what that 'men' was all about. HARU reads the question again: "Everyone loves Jollibee, but what is the local food 'palabok' on the menu?" HARU says that TOMO did go to Jollibee. RINA asks if she ordered it. TOMO says that she didn't. MAMI guesses sweet banana (*bzzt). RINA says that that does seem probable. TOMO says that the mango peach pie was delicious (*bzzt). RINA guesses fried chicken (*bzzt). TOMO guesses sweet meat sauce (*bzzt). MAMI guesses meatball (*bzzt). There's a slight pause before they ask if they're close. Ono says no. They laugh and say that he was making a face that seemed to indicate they were close.

•Ono says that this is a difficult one and that it's not a dessert food. TOMO guesses a hot sandwich (*bzzt). MAMI guesses salad (*bzzt). Ono tries to explain stuff to them and mentions that it's close to a Chinese dish. TOMO guesses bun (*bzzt). HARU guesses manju (*bzzt). MAMI guesses glass noodles (*bzzt). TOMO guesses yakisoba (*bzzt), then pad thai (*bzzt). RINA says beef. There's a pause before they all get excited and start clapping. Ono says that that's not an incorrect answer, and that it's "___ beef." TOMO guesses eggs and beef (*bzzt). HARU guesses tofu (*bzzt). RINA guesses chicken (*bzzt). TOMO guesses seafood (*bzzt), then onions (*bzzt). MAMI guesses garlic chives (*bzzt), and then vegetables. There's no buzzer sound played, which makes the band confused. MAMI then guesses ground beef (*bzzt). TOMO guesses cassava (*bzzt). MAMI laughs and RINA says that's definitely the right answer. Ono says that it describes the shape/size of the beef. TOMO guesses finely cut beef (*bzzt). HARU guesses soup (*bzzt). TOMO guesses ankake (basically refers to food covered in a thick starchy sauce), which is correct. Ono seems to show them photos of the dish. They say it looks good and would like to try it.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.