Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL's official YouTube channel
Posted Thu May 17, 2018 8:34 pm

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Looks like they have issues with the 80s band of the same name when it comes to the merging of band property MVs on Youtube due to this Youtube official music/premium page. Maybe that's why Scandal MVs were removed. Hopefully it'll get re uploaded soon.

SCANDAL's official YouTube channel - Page 4 Scandal+-+02
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 17, 2018 9:46 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I guess it's related, the last albums (Hello World, Yellow, Honey) are no longer available on iTunes France since today... maybe they are changing record companies for record sales outside of Japan ?
.hmmm.

Things are getting worse on iTunes ... everything is gone !?   .boom.

Last edited by izzy on Fri May 18, 2018 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 9:29 am

Riri_bear

Riri_bear

Caless Student
Caless Student
I checked my country iTunes... It's gone! Completely~~.wtf.
Spotify the album is decreasing~~ Honey no longer exist .waaa.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 10:56 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
izzy wrote:Things are getting worse on iTunes ... everything is gone !?   .boom.
yep and on (at least on the italian) Spotify only very few albums left.

I'm kind of mad tbh. All the step forward they've done are not gone and it's not a great news when they have schedule overseas.
I also checked some other artists' youtube channels that are under Sony and I can't find a similar issue. really mad.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 11:13 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's closing in on ten years since they signed up with Sony. Could there be contract issues with Sony?
Very troubling

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The same thing happen on Amazon Music... the best explanation is that they are changing record label

A few days ago, Haruna said on Instagram that the band had exciting projects for this summer... we'll probably have news soon

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 pm

shunyi

shunyi

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.instagram.com/shn_yi/
All that's left on Spotify (Philippines) are Temptation Box, Scandal Show, Haruka, and Shoujo S. If you have premium and already downloaded the files, it still works, though.

Is anything similar also happening with other SMEJ artists or is it just SCANDAL?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 2:19 pm

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So to summarize...
Videos disappeared on Youtube. Albums disappearing on Deezer, Amazon, Spotify and iTunes..

I experimented with vpn on YT.. YT JP only has shunkan.. YT PH and most of europe still has shunkan, departure & awanai tsumorino.

Will they make an announcement regarding this or everything will be on the wraps?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 2:49 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I can see only SCANDAL best album and yellow are gone, the rest of them are still available on spotify

I saw this happens like a month ago with FLOWER FLOWER, their singles and albums were removed from spotify

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I usually go to Vimeo to watch their videos, and they are all still there.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 5:35 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Don Dio wrote:I usually go to Vimeo to watch their videos, and they are all still there.

They don't have an official Vimeo channel, though.

If you're talking about this one, it's fan-run.

SCANDAL's official YouTube channel - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 5:54 pm

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
http://portalpopline.com.br/youtube-vai-descontinuar-canais-vevo-e-migrar-para-contas-oficiais-de-artistas/

Acording to this portalpop:
YouTube Will discontinue artists'Vevo channels to Send the subscribers to the Official artists' channel.
This is a way to give more resources to the artist, like YouTube Lives, better visualization.
(Sorry... Using cellphone xDD. )

SCANDAL's official YouTube channel - Page 4 R0ELqB
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Don Dio wrote:I usually go to Vimeo to watch their videos, and they are all still there.

Yes, that is correct, but they are still there for those who were relying on only seeing official videos off YouTube.  I haven't found as large a collection anywhere else.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 7:06 am

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
This is wildly devastating news. I’ve grown to like Spotify as my go to music streamer but I’ll have to go back to google music (which is rumored to be on its way out) for my daily scandal needs.

Having access to their YouTube page was great too. Oh well...... 

I guess I’d like to shout out the sh team for keeping/making media available to us!

Special Thanks NYC 09-2018
Feedback Store Patron 08-2019
Mirror World Tour Boston 07-2022
**signature inspired by tge**
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 7:15 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
Don Dio wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:

Yes, that is correct, but they are still there for those who were relying on only seeing official videos off YouTube.  I haven't found as large a collection anywhere else.
im actually the one who set that vimeo page up...I originally planned to delete it when they set up their youtube channel, but they kept region locking youtube so some people talked me out of it...and now this is happening.

man this is kind of worrisome. hopefully everything is okay.

SCANDAL's official YouTube channel - Page 4 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 9:08 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Unsurprisingly, Scandal has also disappeared from Google Music...

That's so weird... it's just like the band did not exist outside of Japan 

.fustrated.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 9:34 am

peachclub

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I do not understand what they are trying to achieve through all these changes but I do not like where this is going. It's up to the artist to do whatever they want with their content, but it is still very frustrating to see all of your favorite music videos becoming not available any more.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 10:23 am

shunyi

shunyi

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.instagram.com/shn_yi/
I wonder if the band members are aware that there's all of this going on with their streaming channels. Especially considering that it seems counter intuitive in relation to all their international activities.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 10:37 am

tri060397

tri060397

Caless Student
Caless Student
Does this have anything to do with record label?
Well i heard someone said that they signed a 10 years contract with Epic record around these days 10 years ago

SCANDAL's official YouTube channel - Page 4 ZtYZraJ
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 12:03 pm

peachclub

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I don't know the reason behind it but I personally find it is a really weird timing to go through all the changes since there is two upcoming international tours this year. I would really appreciate it if there was any official statement about current situation by now but I guess I would just have to wait.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 12:17 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
all sorts of issues that might / might not be relevant.. a couple of top management people have left US Sony Music/Epic.. Japan will soon sign on to the TPP trade agreement and USA not gonna be part of that.. and yeh, SCANDAL first signed with Sony/Epic just about ten years ago… HitenMitsurugi mentioned YouTube's new Vevo policy, wonder if other artists are reacting this way
• Question: what's the relationship between Sony/Epic Japan and Sony Music US? 
• Question: isn't Playstation, the Sept. 5 NYC venue for SCANDAL, owned by Sony Music US?
• Question: aren't distribution deals with Spotify, Amazon etc done by the label (Sony/Epic)?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
@etwee
I can answer your third question.  Yes, the label oversees the distribution and licensing deals.  

The artist will have little to no say in what happens with their content if they do not already own that content themselves.  It would be extremely rare for any young artist these days, especially one that signed a contract ten years ago on a major label, to have ownership of their master tracks.  With good legal assistance, some artists are able to gain ownership of their catalog, or future catalog, later in their career.  

Scandal was involved in the concept of how their 2-CD Best Of collection was compiled, so this tells me they have some kind of influence with their label; however I doubt they have the same amount of clout at this point to dictate to the label where and how their content is to be streamed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 20, 2018 1:57 pm

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
About Vevo Channel: 
Fast research, Vevo LiSA and Eir Aoi also changed to their Official channels.

SCANDAL's official YouTube channel - Page 4 R0ELqB
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
In Germany there is only a chance to hear few albums. But better than nothing. My favourite band had a long time before nothing on spotify which is avaible in my country. This is typically Sony Music Japan. Others like Emi Records (Universal) are avaible worldwide

SCANDAL's official YouTube channel - Page 4 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 23, 2018 4:28 am

sillentdx2

Caless Student
Caless Student
etwee wrote:It's closing in on ten years since they signed up with Sony. Could there be contract issues with Sony?
Very troubling
It's actually past the 10 year mark. They signed the record deal in April 2008 or earlier

ameblo.jp/caless2008/entry-10087122737.html

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.