Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Re: How did you discover SCANDAL?
Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:46 am

kawaii93

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
I was at my cousins house and he was really into J-Rock. So he showed me the PV of BEAUteen! and I loved it!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:51 am

Ryder Blade

Ryder Blade

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm in this SoCal AKB48 fan club thing on Facebook/Stage48 and one of the guys in the club was talking about SCANDAL on Facebook. I wasn't really interested at first though but a few days ago, my friends were trying to get me to go to the AM2 convention in July. I looked up the con on my iTouch and found out that SCANDAL is coming as GoHs so I thought I might as well try listening to their music. :3 I still have to listen to some more of Kanon Waskeshima's/kanon x kanon once school ends at the end of next week too since they're coming to the convention as well. xD I'm not really into the other GoHs right now though since they're visual kei.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:49 pm

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Some might not know, but Morning Musume's Kamei Eri announced her graduation back in June 2010. It was devastating, during the time leading up to the graduation in December 2010, by sheer luck did I came across SCANDAL. someone uploaded a discography torrent of SCANDAL on the site I frequented. I thought I'd give it a listen to. I started to love all their songs, even before I actually know anything about them.
Their songs were so good, I needed to find more about them, and that's how I got here and became a big fan. I bought their albums and even the music sheets book, since I got a guitar myself, might as well put it to use.
I love SCANDAL ever since, and still does. And just if anyone were wondering, I didn't trade MoMusu for SCANDAL, nor are SCANDAL is a replacement. It just, during my time of sulking Eririn departure, SCANDAL came into my life and gave me much joy. I love them all independently.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:06 am

fikhuri

fikhuri

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
first time i know SCANDAL when i browsing in another forum
and then i found SCANDAL thread,first i just download the BEAUTeen PV
and when i hear the song and see Mami chan,i feel something different
after that moment,now i love SCANDAL and i love Sasazaki Mami .love.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 12 Sigiu
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 am

reinkoku

reinkoku

International Performer
International Performer
http://takaraireinkoku.blogspot.com
first time i saw shunkan sentimental PV
at that time i'm still addicted to k-on song, but when i knowing the song from k-on isn't played by their seiyuu i've gotten lazy to hear and know.

so i searched SCANDAL on youtube and found CUTE! PV that makes me falling in love directly.
and of course, they're not liar like k-on.
they're really playing instrument by themself . and i gotten ROCKIN OUT with it.
YO! MAN....How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 12 M036

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 12 400px-TentChu
Kimi dake ni . . . Chu! Chu! Chu! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:44 pm

phong

phong

Caless Student
Caless Student
Warning: This will be a long one. But still, posting it in English might help making it shorter. I can't assure you though just "READ AT YOUR OWN RISK"

To answer the question "How did I meet them?". It's because of Shunkan Sentimental (So you can stop reading at this point but for those interested of what I'm going to write. Go on, but don't blame me! I warned you, didn't I? Not to mention, I'm not a good writer).

Here goes. I've been a Fullmetal Alchemist fan that I woudn't want to miss a single episode every week. Around third or last week of January 2010 (Can't remember the exact date), after a long week of waiting, Fullmetal Alchemist episode blah blah airs (I apologize again, I'm having a short term memory lately. I must be lacking of B Vitamins or whatsoever that will help boost your memory). Cool new opening (I think), then ... fast forward to the ending.

"OH #@%$#%$$%, I'll be waiting for another long week. What a cliffhanger. But wait, what's this song I've been hearing," I blurted. I liked instantly the ending song Shunkan Sentimental that I want to hear it more but sadly I don't have an internet connection that time so I can't do the searching. I watched the replays instead. I didn't want to see who sang the song. I just wanted to listen to it.

Until one day, I have this luxury of having an internet at home but for a limited time only (For God's sake). I searched for the fourth ending song of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Then found out that it was Shunkan Sentimental. I downloaded it right away (Sorry if I'm doing piracy). I played it for four hours straight (Liked instantly the voice of Tomomi). If someone was here with me, he/she/it will be yelling at me like "Oh come on! Don't you have anything more productive to do rather than listen for hours on just one song" or "Perhaps, would you mind changing the song?".

Then, after a couple of searching I accidentally saw the cover for Shunkan Sentimental single and learned that SCANDAL was an all girl band. I got curious and watched the PV of Shunkan. Okay here goes, let's see here. Who's this girl? (I was referring to Haruna. I didn't know her name yet). It's still dark hmm.. woah love at fifth sight (Do I need to elaborate. Nah, it will make the story much longer).

Question: Did I become a SCANDAL fan at this point?
- Of course..... NOT!!! What's with this band? At first I thought that they we're cool playing instruments and loving Haruna's voice. But what's with the dancing that I'm seeing. Is it really necessary? It's very disturbing to watch. CLOSE. If I'm not a Fullmetal Alchemist fan, I would delete Shunkan mp3 as well HAHA.

After a couple of months, Fullmetal Alchemist meets its conclusion. I don't have anything to watch now. What will I going to do with this internet connection I've got again (As usual, it's for limited time only). What was the name of that band again? The one that annoys me a lot. Oh SCANDAL! Search complete. Search other songs. Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku Story. Love this song immediately. Watched other videos. At this point, I have a realization. Could I take back my words? These girls really rocks. What's wrong with the dancing? It's cool and entertaining to watch. It's just like having a 3 in 1 package deal. At this time, I want to hit my head on the wall. But then, I realized that it is painful so no thanks.

Then I became a SCANDAL fan up until now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:55 pm

DUL7

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
^ wow, what a massive turn around.. and I'm grateful you liked them in the end.. or else.. .knuckles. (lol, kidding only man.. =Dp )

interesting story! (yup, I read it all and I also tend to post long!)

Peace! Thumbs Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:42 pm

phong

phong

Caless Student
Caless Student
^
Haha. You're welcome! I'm really glad that I realized that they were great artists. If only they can hear what I'm saying back then, I don't know what will become of me. Stupid me raise to the tenth power.

I must thank you for reading that summary of the summarized version of my story. If I have to print out the full version. I think it will be 6 pages HAHAHA! So I remove the unnecessary parts including those harsh words I'm saying about SCANDAL (I hate myself for being stupid haha).

I read your story as well. You must be really thankful to your sister!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:36 am

CathedralKira

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
My friend recommended me to listen to SCANDAL and I immediately searched youtube and the first result was their live performance of Shunkan Sentimental + Namida no Regret

After that, not a single day is spent without listening to them :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:28 am

weichen94

weichen94

Caless Student
Caless Student
First know SCANDAL from a psp game - Star Ocean !!! Was attracted by Haruna's Voice!!!!! .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:11 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
@phong haha thats similar to how i came across them.

for me, the first song i heard was a live version of Shunkan Sentimental (dont watch anime anymore so i didnt find them through FMA like most people) and i thought, "meh, theyre alright."

then i watched the Shunkan PV and thought "theyre dancing while playing? thats kind of weird...theyre really pretty though. hmm...lets see what else."

then i searched and found a live of Kagerou and i was like "Whoa! theyre pretty good...This song is amazing!" (to this day Kagerou is my favorite song, the live version anyway)

then i thought, "i hope thats not their only good song...*clicks on Scandal Baby*...O_O theyre really good!!" then from that to Doll to S.L. Magic and Sakura Goodbye, i couldnt get enough.

then i read up on their wiki and their generasia pages and i was happy to find out they werent a manufactured band like most acts in japan (not a fan of manufactured idols by entertainment groups). they were a true band that formed on their own, wrote their own songs and started out playing lives on the streets. learning that, i was pretty much hooked from then on. im really glad i gave them a second chance.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 12 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:14 am

kurenai<3rina

kurenai<3rina

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I meet them through FULL METAL ALCHEMIST......

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 12 Collage_zps6b13f22e

RINA SUZUKI
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:36 am

danaddict

Banned
Banned
the first time that i heard scandal was on bleach's opening song. then after hearing it, i searched for shoujo s pv and ive found that band great. since then, i became a big fan of theirs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:21 am

putrimarsya

putrimarsya

Caless Student
Caless Student
i was at home watching animax musix at animax when they performed the song koshi-tantan. At that moment i fell in love with tomomi and her voice.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Beautiful-Paradox

Beautiful-Paradox

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://beautiful-paradox.tumblr.com
I was just browsing the web, and on the website jpopasia.com & I saw they had a little banner ad up at the top for Shoujo S. So I clicked because I thought all the members of the band looked very pretty & I thought their music might be good. Turns out it was; I couldn't stop listening to Shoujo S for the longest time & had to hunt out the rest of their music. And that was two years ago, in July.

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." ~ C. S. Lewis
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:25 am

borghie

borghie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://distortedmind.binhoster.com/
I discovered SCANDAL in 2008 thru Chatmonchy forum.. they have pretty good reviews from my co-members, so I tried to check them out.. I saw a vid of their performance in SakuraCon, then I was like "Not bad, they still have room for improvements"

then on 2009 while watching Bleach, the new opening (Shoujo S) really got into me, but that time I didn't know it was a SCANDAL song, its was really a catchy song and it makes wanna groove every time I'm watching it. The third time I've watched the opening I saw the word SCANDAL on the credits (hmmm they sound familiar?)... then I really got curious so I tried searching some info about the bleach opening.song and I was right it was them, they've improved alot and they're more cuter than before.. from then on I became addicted to them

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 12 DltVrr0
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Aquiles

Aquiles

Caless Student
Caless Student
I met the band through the bleach one of my favorite anime when I heard shoujo s, immediately sought a video on youtube girls when I saw them playing O.O how these girls play a lot, there will come a fan instantly.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 12 V6uhlk

mea magna potentia et tremunt a facie mea,
nunc ut inspici oculis meis sicut anima mea ...
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:52 am

Harriat

Harriat

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://harriat.withlovee.com
Basicially, I'm a fan of Johnnys since I'm a girl ne. And when I watch Shonen Club, the little juniors usually sing V6's 'HONEY BEAT' because the dance movement is so easy. I like the song so I googled for the download link.

In the website, under the cover of V6's song, there was a cover of 4 girls holding the musical instrument! It's Shoujo S cover and download link!! I felt like dreams come ture as I love girl-band so much but I couldn't find one at that time. So I downloaded the song, searched for the information, watched the videos and become SCANDAL fan!

The girls rock!!

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 12 Sigscandal
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:31 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Harriat
You as well, I love Japanese girl bands.
I still play "Jump" by C-ute !

I wonder who started that silly rumour about Airi Sazuki being Rina's sister ?
( It is not true ! )

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 12 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Eagles84

Caless Student
Caless Student
I can speak intermediate Korean and I don't know much about Japan.
I found Scandal while I was searching youtube for the Korean singer Younha who made her debut in Japan first.

There was a this little pic in the suggestions window of 4 ladies with guitars on a stage. Who wouldn't click? hahaha
I'm not sure which song it was but it dosn't matter, it started my obsession.
I listen to at least three songs everyday,

And the strange thing is, I have never learnt to play a Scandal song! I've been playing guitar for 19 years but I've never learnt a Scandal song! haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:18 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Eagles84
I can top you there, I have been playing bass guitar since 1964 !
But I never play Scandal songs either, I think they can do it much better than I can, perhaps you feel the same !

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 12 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:10 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've told this story before but what the hell, while I've got nothing to do.

Blame The Runaways. I watched the movie (it's good! Go and watch!) about this seminal all female rock band from the late seventies. After that, I googled and youtubed "girl bands" and in the midst of the multitude of videos that I found, I clicked on a live video of SCANDAL BABY.

I thought it wasn't live at first, so I sneered and giggled at this bunch of chicks pretending to be a band. Then I realized that it was in fact, LIVE and it was all them. No loops, no excessive dancing, no lipsyncing, 100% live.

Woah... I went and stared open mouthed as the song ended.

It totally blew my mind since to be honest, they didn't look like a real band and those uniforms looked really gimmicky. But it was so good I ended up looking for more and more and one fine day I got my hands on the FIRST LIVE DVD.

It blew my mind even more and BAM.. a SCANDAL fan was made. It's been a great ride since then, October 2010.

Incidentally, I also found Stereopony that night too. I LOVE Stepo, almost as much as SCANDAL. Almost.

Back to top Go down

How I "met" SCANDAL
Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:27 am

Destonus

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well, I haven't met SCANDAL in the sense that I've travelled to one of the two or so cons they've been at in the US, it's on my to-do list. I have met their buddies Stereopony though (and have the autographs to prove it)

Like many people said, I discovered them after downloading OP's for Bleach. At first I thought this was some group of girls that sang but had a backup band or something. Then when I went looking for Stereopony videos and such I found a PV of ShoujoS and Koi Muyo, etc., and was like, "Whoa! This wasn't what I was expecting them to be! They're not a quartet of singers, they're an all girl rock band! What's this, they went to music school?

More searching, I found a video someone had made of their 2008 concert at an anime con, only months before ShoujoS came out, although no one had a clue who these girls were, and there was a major language barrier, they still rocked the house. (Although it must be some kind of cultural gap because they didn't realize that talent usually does encores in this country).

As soon as my local con (AnimeBoston) starts saying who they should book for next year, I'll definitely second, third, fourth, or whatever the most powerful girl rock band to come this way so I can tell them I met their buddies Stereopony last year. If AnimeBoston can't bring SCANDAL to me, I'll fly cross country to bring myself to SCANDAL!

P.S. I think Baby Action is their best album yet. They just get better and better, and no style is too much for them to take on. I'd love to see them cover some American song though. Stereopony did a cover of American Idiot by Green Day at Anime Boston, and Aimi did pretty good.

Haruna, Tomomi? Bring your best English/Engrish with you and take on our songs!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:48 pm

esguester

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://twitter.com/Last_Olympian
How did I meet SCANDAL.

Here was I, randomly browsing channels on TV until I stopped in Channel [V] for music. Then there's this girl band. A rock band performing. I was like.. "Hey. This is Japanese". Then I waited until the song's finished. It read "Shunkan Sentimental - SCANDAL"

I was curious. I didn't know such group existed. So I listen more of there songs. Which brings us to the present. XDDD

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:42 am

putrimarsya

putrimarsya

Caless Student
Caless Student
i have just started playing the guitar this year and i think i am getting good at it. i might want to play the song shoujo s or better love survive!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.