You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers?
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 4:52 pm

alrick13

alrick13

I saw this screenshot from wiselyshiu at first I thought he edited it

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Vlgein10

so I watched the actual video at
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8665-hiromi-go-collab-talk-hollywood-scandal-music-fair-18-05-13

apparently the photo is real, I'm not sure if it's invisalign or dental retainers or some other advance dental technological apparatus.

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Re: Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers?
Posted Mon May 20, 2013 5:46 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Not sure if others are going to agree with me, but I say good for her. I had actually noticed her teeth had gotten a little more crooked over the years - it's a natural thing, it happens as you get older, if you have that kind of teeth to begin with. But it can cause problems beyond just looks - I have similar teeth so I know this. So she could be doing it for bite reasons in addition to cosmetics. And she is not the first famous singer to do this kind of thing... (although I know Freddie Mercury refused because he thought it'd change his voice).

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
It's normal, because maybe she wants her teeth to have normal and good form ^_^

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 6:41 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Ah so that's it... When i saw the video i felt something weird when camera was on her but couldn't clearly see it and i thought it's probably nothing or just my imagination...

But now that you mention it i can't see anything else lol. I think you can also see it in another recent video? I think she also rushes her hand in front of her month everytime she laughs so that's maybe why. Because on one of the recent video (the magic show?) i was really surprised, she was SOOOO FAST to do it i was like "WOW you're ninja HARU!".

Well whatever it is she must want it or need it, i just hope that it's not a big medical problem with her teeth and that it doesn't hurt!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Yeah, I definitely see some kind of teeth-straightening apparatus on those pearly whites.
Huge props to Haru for being proactive and doing something about it before it is too late/career threatening.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 8:36 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
I didn't notice it haha but now you said it I can see on the pic that she has a dental brace indeed. I had one when I was 14 but mine was not transparent (but I could change the color of the thing on it, I didn't found the english word sorry).
Invisalight (I heard about it recently), it's a little bit different, it's removable aligners, so the aligner covers the teeth.

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 9:11 pm

alrick13

alrick13

Yes It's common in other countries heck! here in the Philippines some will spend huge amount of money to have dental braces for purely the fashion aspect of it but in Japan I think it's very uncommon.

It's only my second time seeing a Japanese with actual dental braces or the like. The first is the girl cafe assistant at Akiba Ranger and then Haruna. Maybe the trend is changing on how they perceived the yaeba norm.

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 9:19 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yaeba norm?

I didn't know this was so rare in Japan, having braces is a pretty normal thing in many countries, no big deal.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 9:40 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Lexian

I cannot agree about Haruna's problem being career threatening .
Crooked teeth are considered lucky in Japan and many Japanese idols have them.

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
@tonymiller:

I guess I should explained a bit more when I meant "career threatening." I shouldn't have exaggerated like that. What I meant was that if she did nothing about her teeth, the condition could worsen (like what spacecadet said) and lead to other problems. Regardless, Haruna is doing a good thing.

Didn't know about the "crooked teeth = good luck", neat culture fact!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 10:18 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Lexian

Yes I guess spacecadet has a point, really bad teeth can damage your health but only if they are teeth you use for biting.

But we have a popular Irish singer called Shane MacGowan who is the singer with 'The Pogues' and he only has about two teeth, he lost the rest in fights in bars and it has done no harm to his career !
Yuko Oshima of AKB has the nickname 'korisu' ( squirrel ) for her teeth but the fans think they are cute...hehe.

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 10:45 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
tonymiller wrote:
Yuko Oshima of AKB has the nickname 'korisu' ( squirrel ) for her teeth but the fans think they are cute...hehe.

But they are not AKB :p

On topic, well, if that's something she wishes to 'fix' about herself then that's good. Regardless if it's just for the looks or even that it causes problems with he bite or something.
Haru is still Haru, and she'll still have the bunny teeth I love so much .love.

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 12:49 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm kinda happy for her; sometimes these things can affect her future like most of you have mentioned but there should be a good reason why she chose to put on those dental retainers... maybe she started to feel a little discomfort or something. They don't exactly cost a dollar; they're quite pricey... but then again, maybe she just had a sudden urge to fix her teeth- who knows.

It's her decision so if she's happy, we should be happy for her. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Medios

Medios

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://luthfiadytra.wordpress.com
From what I know, how your voice sounds like is not determined only by your voice box inside your throat, but also by the formation of your teeth. Seeing Haruna using brace like that got me into mixed feelings.

On one hand, if her teeth problem is really a problem and it's gonna hurt or cause a massive discomfort in the future, it's good that she use braces now. If that becomes a big problem, it should be fixed, and I'm happy for her for doing that.

On the other hand, Haruna's voice sounds like what you hear (and you love) right now is partly because of that natural teeth of hers. And getting them re-aligned would've changed her voice somehow. Maybe not a lot, but my ears are sensitive like that...

So I don't know if I should be happy or worried...

.omg.Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Scanda13.wtf.
HARUNA x RINA x TOMOMI x MAMI
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 2:56 pm

FreeFall

FreeFall

International Performer
International Performer
alrick13 wrote:It's only my second time seeing a Japanese with actual dental braces or the like.

Me too, but for me was A~chan from Perfume. I think it's good for her! I used those things for a looong time, but well, they work hehe.

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Timooverflow

TIMO OVERFLOW!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 3:13 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well Medios i don't know if it has an effect or not but if she does it there must be a good reason (medical need or only to "look better"). So that means she either NEEDS it to get better and has no choice or WANTS it for her well being because she doesn't like it anymore and wants to look better.

With that being said, i don't think a small change with the teeth can change her voice too much. Maybe it can change your voice if you have a big accident but this shouldn't be a big change i suppose.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Medios

Medios

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://luthfiadytra.wordpress.com
Ya I guess so... If she does it there must be a good reason for it, and I appreciate that. It's not like her voice hasn't changed since the first time I heard her. I still like her voice despite all that. .smile.

.omg.Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Scanda13.wtf.
HARUNA x RINA x TOMOMI x MAMI
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 4:19 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:I think she also rushes her hand in front of her month everytime she laughs so that's maybe why.

This is a common thing girls are taught to do in Japan, it's not specifically because of her teeth, although for all anyone knows the whole custom exists because people in the past had really bad teeth and so everyone was taught to do it. But you see many, many girls do this there, whatever kind of teeth they have. I am sure I've seen the other three do it in interviews too (though somehow I can't picture Mami doing it, maybe she doesn't).

tonymiller wrote:Crooked teeth are considered lucky in Japan and many Japanese idols have them.

That is true, but there is a particular *kind* of crooked that's considered cute on idols (I am not sure this is really the same as the "lucky" part - I don't think that's why people like it on idols, they like it because they think it's cute). I am not sure how to describe it, it's one of those "you know it when you see it" things. I actually think it's cute too now that I've been exposed to it for so many years, but I think Haruna's teeth are in a little different category. It seems like she just has a couple of teeth that stick out a bit and this could actually cause her mouth pain (and change the shape of her cheek).

Medios wrote:From what I know, how your voice sounds like is not determined only by your voice box inside your throat, but also by the formation of your teeth.

That's why Freddie Mercury decided not to correct his teeth, although he just generally had a really severe overbite. I think they were going to have to do some pretty major work and it would have changed the shape of his whole mouth. But Haruna just looks like she's trying to pull her teeth back, which will allow all her teeth enough space. I can't see how this will change her voice.

I have a feeling what happened is that her wisdom teeth came in and crowded out her other teeth. That's why my teeth are crooked too. If so, I hope she actually had them removed before trying to correct her remaining teeth. But it looks like this apparatus she has is trying to pull backwards on both sides, so she probably did have the wisdom teeth removed first.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 5:42 pm

yukime213

yukime213

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
well i think haru has reason why she need those may be she feel a little discomfort

but for me even haru got those braces or retainers, i'd still like her ^_^

haru is haru

haru knows what good for her health Happy

SCANDAL is LOVE.love. .love. .love. 
Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Cover11
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 6:11 pm

IceT

IceT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
but those are great. They could be hardly seen. I had some silver ones and you saw them.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brackets
(instead of green it was grey)

"Ich glaube, auf dieser Welt gibt es keine Vernunft, und an Güte fehlt es auch."
"Kann sein. Aber das lässt sich wohl jetzt nicht mehr ändern."
"Das Rückgabedatum ist abgelaufen."
"Und die Quittung weggeschmissen." 1Q84, Aomame und Ayumi im Gespräch.

Nicht ich bin verrückt, die Welt ist es.
Haruki Murakami

"Wohin man auch geht, sich selbst entkommt man
nicht. Es ist so wie mit dem eigenen Schatten, der folgt einem auch
überallhin." Haruki Murakami
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Eireen

Eireen

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote:Not sure if others are going to agree with me, but I say good for her. I had actually noticed her teeth had gotten a little more crooked over the years - it's a natural thing, it happens as you get older, if you have that kind of teeth to begin with. But it can cause problems beyond just looks - I have similar teeth so I know this. So she could be doing it for bite reasons in addition to cosmetics. And she is not the first famous singer to do this kind of thing... (although I know Freddie Mercury refused because he thought it'd change his voice).

I agree.

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Scandalcopia
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 am

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
It's not like her yaeba will be gone~! .hora.
It's a good thing she started now, though, it would be more convenient if she started earlier.
Cause it's troublesome. haha

Based on experience,i actually thought is as unnecessary to fix my crooked teeth, but later it helped a lot about the pain when i chew.

Ganbare HARU, it may take long, but the results will be worth it~! TOJ Onion

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? URT1EYY
Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 5:40 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I noticed in the instructional DVD that comes with the new single, they only show closeups of her face when she's *not* smiling. When she smiles, the camera is always on the medium shot. So it seems like either they're trying to hide her braces/invisalign or someone (either her or someone in management) has become really conscious of her teeth. I mean it definitely seems on purpose; obviously both cameras were filming all the time, but they've chosen to edit it such that it always cuts to the medium shot when she's smiling, and shows closeups when she isn't.

Well I don't care, she is beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 9:47 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Denise and Spacecadet: Ditto. I have two bottom teeth that are conflicting with my top row and I never got them aligned when I was younger so I let it be. A few years ago a filling fell out of my right bicuspid and I decided it wasn't important to fix... yeah, last year that tooth broke in half, the nerve got infected and ripped off, and now the two conflicting teeth are being pushed down even further.
Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? 867634

Even if it was management that urged Haruna to get the alignment, it becomes a big hassle and more expensive to fix in the long run so it will definitely work out for her in the end. Although I'm going to miss her chompers though...

Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 12:44 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
spacecadet wrote:I noticed in the instructional DVD that comes with the new single, they only show closeups of her face when she's *not* smiling. When she smiles, the camera is always on the medium shot. So it seems like either they're trying to hide her braces/invisalign or someone (either her or someone in management) has become really conscious of her teeth. I mean it definitely seems on purpose; obviously both cameras were filming all the time, but they've chosen to edit it such that it always cuts to the medium shot when she's smiling, and shows closeups when she isn't.

Well I don't care, she is beautiful.

You sure it's intentional? Maybe you just thought so because now you know she the braces and are looking to see them =P I say that because i do that now each time a video pops haha Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? 572615

If you had that feeling maybe it was intentional but you cannot blame them to do so. Maybe HARUNA asked for it because she is...ashamed or something and doesn't like it. We don't know what she thinks about it, maybe she doesn't care at all or maybe she hates it and feels really bad about doing for various reasons. It's hard to see/understand how someone can feel sometimes and how it affects them. Having braces is not a big deal at all but looks like in Japan it's not that common so it could lead to some bad feelings for her?

Well maybe the staff talked about it and decided to try to hide it even if HARUNA doesn't care at all because they think it may be bad for her image... After all they have a business to run, they need to "control" the image in some way like basically any other artist does Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? 976811

I don't care at all she is beautiful. Haruna using invisalign or dental retainers? 12776

I just hope that this will not affect her too much, for example if she doesn't like it she may start to not smile anymore or a lot less than before because of it... Don't stop smile and laughing HARU!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum