Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
After I heard the announcement about the Scandal's signature guitars I wanted Mami's Stratomaster very badly! Super excited and even started asking around to preorder one. I realized I didn't really want to pay for a Squier at that price or for a guitar I might not like or wait that long, but then I saw on this forum other members (WaffleDino, babaloued, and *Haru~Chan*) who had customized their own guitars to look like Mami's Stratocaster. I definitely love the Mami's actual Strat more than her Squier jazzmaster so I decided I wanted to make a somewhat high end guitar (close to Fender American Standard and not cheap).
Anyways long post, but here are the specs!
- Color: Mami's Custom finish
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, Tinted Neck with Gloss Front/Satin Back
- Fretboard: Maple, 9.5"
- Rolled Fretboard Edges
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium-Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut: Melamine, Width: 1.685"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Locking "F" Tuners
- Bridge: Wilkinson VS-100 Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan Custom 5, SSL-52 RWRP middle, SSL-52 Neck
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Controls: Master Volume, Push-push Tone
So first off the body and pickguard are made by Warmoth.
Neck will be an official Fender American Standard Stratocaster neck.
My own personal taste that makes this different from Mami's guitar is the Wilkinson Tremolo, Locking Tuners, 1 Volume 1 Tone layout, and Seymour Duncan pickups.
I will also have a custom neckplate engraved with まみ and a custom backplate with Canta engraved onto it.
Last edited by bouvip on Fri May 16, 2014 1:14 am; edited 2 times in total