Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Re: 7th Album - 『YELLOW』
Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:26 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
TBH,  the whole time I was listening to the samples I was like "Is this Scandal? " lol some of these sound like a whole different band.  But anyway,  based on the previews, I kinda like the album...just a tad.
LOVE ME DO,  is gonna take some time to grow on, it's a little too pop,  I'll wait for the full song on V day.
LOVE has a little reggae /SKA mix,  don't really listen to that genre,  but I will like to hear how Scandal takes it.
The rest of the songs sounds really cool,  I'm liking Room.no.7, Heaven na Kibun, Happy Birthday, kinda Sunday Drive and Pizza Party.  
I couldn't stop giggling at Your song

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:16 pm

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
I like all the samples. Heaven na kibun sounds very interesting I'm really curious about it. Pizza Party it's really nice. I love Tomomi's voice.Love me do is also nice.And I like their english in your song It's cute that they tried

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 9 D4d75c56a39d47f1db83dd99d65bce35-full
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:30 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
For now I am putting Heaven na Kibun and Konya wa Pizza Party as my least favorites based on the album... But they're really taking this one seriously and very differently... I am thinking this album maybe a combination of QAT and Hello World

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:32 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@hanautasancho - I am with NathalieNightmare on this Konya Wa Pizza Party and Heaven Na Kibun look most promising for me. Room No 7 to. Love me do - can do Wink. Rest on average. Do not hear any outright bad song, so that makes me happy Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
I think I can't pick my favourite previews, I'm kinda into all of them. But if I could, I'd pick "LOVE ME DO". Very different from their usual stuff, but I highly appreciate that. It really is an happy album. To be honest, it turns out I'm more excited about "YELLOW" than I was about "HELLO WORLD", although I learned to love this one afterwards. But I kinda like when my expectations are somehow frustrated hahaha I think it can be a good thing after all... Of course I'm judging by the previews, which can be inappropriate, but the girls sound more self-confident than never before. It seems like I was totally wrong about "LOVE", but now I'm more curious to hear the full version in HQ. And about "Your song"... I wasn't expecting to understand their pronunciation without reading the lyrics haha because it still is a very usual issue among japanese singers (nowadays there are some exceptions like SekaOwa's Fukase, [Alexandros]' Kawakami Yoohei and miwa, to list a few), so I'm satisfied/honored/pleased they tried to do it mainly because I'm pretty sure they did it to fans from overseas (which includes me haha).

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oh my gosh, Room no 7 is SMASHING!!!!!♥♥♥
I quite like what I was hearing, can't wait to hear in full lenght!^o^)
And yeah I didn't understand anything in Your Song, though I tried hard!x)

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:43 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Having heard all of the samples, I'm really looking forward to YELLOW!

Previously, I thought that HELLO WORLD was their best release thus far in terms of song quality and overall polish. I'm interested to see how their new growth as artists into the full versions.

That said, I'm liking the heaviness of Room No.7.  It won't bother me if it turns out being an instrumental opener, as I like how they can set up the feeling for the rest of the album.  It's definitely longer than VAMPS' openers, though not as long as GACKT's....w
Other ones I'm looking forward to the full versions are Heaven na Kibun and Konya wa Pizza Party....w

As for Your song's English version, I thought the girls' English was getting better....w
I'm really glad they tried, though! w
It also sounds like they re-recorded the instrumentals, as it sounds heavier than the original.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
So far no surprises regarding the new songs. It's nice that Tomomi gets another song. I will wait for the album release before I judge it any further.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:30 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Is it me, or are the quality of those samples poor? I really hope so cos their voices sound weird, almost electronic...

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 9 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:09 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
Based on the previews, I like Love Me Do and SUKI SUKI, Sunday Drive, Konya Wa Pizza Party, and Love sound kind of interesting, I can't really form an opinion based on Heaven No Kibun, Happy Birthday is ok but I have a weird thing about "holiday" related songs, I can't tell what they're saying in Your Song even though it's in English, and every other song is either meh or I feel indifferent about them. I mean none of them are outright horrible, but they don't seem to capture my interest very much for whatever reason. Also based on what I can hear in the previews, I'm kind of disappointed there isn't a Mami vocals song this time around.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:33 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I won't be saying more because there's no way I'll comment extensively on 30-second long, really low quality samples, but I believe this new album will be quite a departure from what we've been used to hear from them. I'm really excited to get the album, there's nothing better about music than being able to watch your favorite artists grow and experiment. What a great time to be a Scandal fan!

Back to top Go down

Radio rip of "LOVE ME DO" from YELLOW
Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:51 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Here's the radio rip of "LOVE ME DO":

#front-page

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:04 am

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Wow! It sounds great. Could this be the thing they're shooting for? The one where they had a 70's ish look to them (Tomomi wearing pink, etc).

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 9 U9CD2Bt
~Scandal is always my inspiration for everything.~
"No one else is as strong as you are, don't worry about being alone, even if I am." - Harukaze
Instagram: @the_artist_nakamura
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:25 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

It's....um...its...eh...its OK I guess, too overly processed for me, the instruments gets so buried under those syncs that my ears have to shovel deep down to hear them, especially during the chorus. I guess it's to add the pop effect but it's not really my thing.

But I do like Haruna vocals in this, the high notes are killer. The English bits are cool, cheesy but cool. I like the "dance with me under the moon " and "hope you feel the same" parts.

Still no guitar solo from Mami, hope to hear some from the other tracks.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:39 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
Nice. This song sounds good, and perfect for chilling. I like it.

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 9 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:57 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Love me do is good, love the vocals. And funny thing is some of the english words are more recognizable than Your song English version haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:45 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
Another thing, the song somehow gives me the feeling of an Elvis Presley kind of song

I hear a bit of similarities, except SCANDAL added their own flavour to their own song. I'm not gonna be surprised if SCANDAL was inspired by Elvis as he's one of the most iconic artist in history

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 9 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:17 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I quite like Love me Do ♥️ I don't mind them doing pop songs, it's part of them as much as rock!Happy
I did realize that Rina didn't have a solo songs and I was quite happy with that (she just does not have a nice voice i.e they always over auto-tuned it) but for Mami I am quite sad!!:'(
Can't wait to see the PV!
And their "oh la la la" sounds so frenchie, love that of course!x)

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:30 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Well driven song. Love it! I can't wait for more songs to be released to us.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 9 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hearing the snippets of the rest of the album raises my level of anticipation. Did I hear cowbell? Was that reggae ringing in my ears? Heard new guitar sounds and vocal arrangements, which for me is great. It shows the ladies are not afraid to try new stuff and get out of their comfort zone, but also this doesn't sound like they tried to force this process. It seems natural. I think Heaven Na Kibun & Love are the songs I'm really looking forward to hearing.
You know Room No. 7 could be a short punky burst of goodness, not necessarily an instrumental.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I was looking at the English lyrics to Your song to see if they actually singed the English translation, but I couldn't find what they were saying in the lyrics. I heard "there's more than one way to walk there" and "hope you find whatever leaves your feet..seat? " and "speak for yourself ".  Maybe it's different lyrics or something. .nerd.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:44 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96®️ wrote:Maybe it's different lyrics or something. .nerd.

They most likely changed up the lyrics to make them flow and sound better in English.

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:54 pm

dobondo

dobondo

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://dobondo.tumblr.com
Yup, just like Utada Hikaru song "Hikari" and its english counterpart "Simple and Clean", rewritten to make it sound and rhyme better.

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 9 5Oj6OpF
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:46 am

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
I don't worry anymore ♥

Help me, I'm in love with this song. So damn catchy. It has that very specific bittersweet of those dizzy and mixed feelings we feel when we're falling in love for someone. Truly addicted; can't stop listening. These arrangementes will sound superb in HQ; can't wait to hear. You can judge me if you want, but the true is that I love when they go pop, hahaha. And I think their english is almost on point here.

Last edited by Liokt on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:19 am

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The previews sound so good! I can't wait for the album now

I couldn't understand anything they were saying in your song though lol

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 23]