Go down

8th Album - 『HONEY』 [Page 14 of 17]

Re: 8th Album - 『HONEY』
Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:07 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
One of my favorite things to read is how SCANDAL holds the record for consecutive oricon top 5 charting albums for girl bands. Like at first it was “first girl band since ZONE to chart in the top 5” then it was “first band since chatmonchy reached top 3” then with every new album it basically just says “yea theyre top five again...and again...theyre like the only band thats done this its kind of rediculous” and im glad that streak has continued :D

Last edited by astoriasky on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

linernotes - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 14 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Meteorgun7

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.facebook.com/Meteorgun7
Listening to this album at work and so in love with it!!! I'm posting all over Facebook and telling my friends about it and they don't care :/ Whatever, I'll wear my SCANDAL shirt and SCANDAL vans and jam out to this!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah. That's the way to go. I really enjoy Over a lot. It's like the Band goes super saiyan just killed it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:26 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
yanchii wrote:
Also is it just me or Oh No sound kind of familiar, I can't say the particular song it sounds like but I just have a feeling that its quite familiar  linernotes - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 14 1f60b

I think there are echoes of other days in several of the songs. It's usually that way with the best. I think "Oh! No!" has more than one echo... there is definitely a Mexican feel to one phrase.
For sure "Electric Girl" echoes "Rising Star" from Queens Are Trumps.
"Honey" is a stunning accomplishment. Recalls the excitement of the 1970s with  sounds of New Wave, Reggae, Disco, Punk...

Last edited by etwee on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : meaning)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:18 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
This albums is so good and short and breezy (in a good way) you can't help but listening to it in loop all day long!

A stark contrast with the new Band-Maid album which, as good as it is, kinda feels like a slog clocking at almost one hour.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:36 pm

mirai

mirai

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've been replaying the album all day and I've gotta say that it's my favourite SCANDAL album to date... I thought Standard was unbeatable but Honey has really gone up and beyond. My favourite songs are Over and Electric Girl and are probably my favourite SCANDAL songs of all time (alongside Rainy and 24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae). I actually cried listening to the album midnight last night because I loved it so much :D

Also, I think Mami's guitar solo in Over is one of her best yet, it's so amazing, and Rina's voice really completes Midnight City. I'm sad that Tomomi didn't get to sing at all but I'm glad she got that bass solo in Electric Girl Happy

linernotes - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 14 Scanda11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
My CD showed up today - Just started listening but this is one super fun album!  I look forward to hearing some of this live in April at their concert!

I got the t-shirt - it's large size, but unlike american large size it's not huge, in fact it fits me well - I normally wear small or medium shirts in american sizes.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:22 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

# 1 - iTunes US J-Pop Album Chart
# 83 - iTunes US Top Albums Chart
# 1 - iTunes Belgium World Album Chart
# 43 - iTunes Belgium Top Albums Chart
# 1 - iTunes Czech Republic World Album Chart
# 1 - iTunes France World Album Chart
# 34 - iTunes France Top Albums Chart
# 1 - iTunes Germany World Album Chart
# 116 - iTunes Germany Top Albums Chart
# 2 - iTunes Netherlands World Album Chart
# 1 - iTunes UK World Album Chart
# 1 - iTunes Hong Kong J-Pop Album Chart
# 1 - iTunes Indonesia J-Pop Album Chart
# 1 - iTunes Malaysia J-Pop Album Chart
# 2 - iTunes South Korea J-Pop Album Chart
# 2 - iTunes Philippines J-Pop Album Chart (Yellow is also at # 50)
# 3 - iTunes Macau J-Pop Album Chart
# 3 - iTunes Singapore J-Pop Album Chart
# 5 - iTunes Thailand J-Pop Album Chart
# 13 - iTunes Poland World Album Chart
# 20 - iTunes Ireland World Album Chart
# 25 - iTunes China J-Pop Album Chart
# 77 - iTunes Norway World Album Chart
--------------------------------------------------------
Oricon daily album chart for 2/14:
# 3 with 4,642 copies sold

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

RINA is beginning to post album liner notes about the songs on 『HONEY』!

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/964117049688469504
M1. Platform Syndrome
A title we coined that's attached to the image of giving a name to the sadness you feel the day after your heart's been broken. Even if you can't be positive, nor forcibly move forward when you're hurt, it's okay to let time take its course and progress at a different pace―that's I thought while writing this song. It feels like we were finally able to give shape to something that we had been wanting to do now

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/964320113959710720
M2. OVER
This was recorded with a sound feeling that I especially like. I like the connection to it from track 1, and it's a song that we'd like to grow at lives. I also recommend it to those in our cover bands because they're captivated by bands. A song about when a pair of lovers who have been seeing each for a long time and have already gone beyond love are about to become a couple, and one party makes a decision after seeing the future

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/964385390906888196
M3. Take Me Out
With this song that was made after we returned from our world tour, it felt like we changed completely into HONEY mode starting from this single. A killer tune that we can proudly take along with us anywhere, such as festivals and events, and one that we all cultivated at our live shows.

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/964499980328124416
M4. Oh! No!
Falling in love isn't actually the most important thing for a girl; isn't it more fun to love yourself and shine on? This nonsensical song that's very MAMI-like has those feelings that overlap with a rapidly changing rhythm. It's fun listening to MAMI's vocals filled with nuances, and she'll probably sing with a different approach at live shows, so I have great expectations

linernotes - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 14 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:45 pm

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Can't stop listening to the album. It's so good i'm getting teary eyed over it. The balance between fast and slow songs on the album is great. Can't help but play it on a loop. OVER, Electric Girl, Platform Syndrome & Koisuru Universe rocks big time. I think Mado Wo Aketara can be an anime ED.

Last edited by libresse on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

linernotes - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 14 Scandal+-+02
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:52 pm

3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Tomomi's lack of participation on this disc saddens and confuses me. All the girls singing together, their voices intertwining to create magic is something that i made me fall in love with this band. I guess that ship has sailed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Sedakor

Sedakor

Caless Student
Caless Student
3mania wrote:Tomomi's lack of participation on this disc saddens and confuses me. All the girls singing together, their voices intertwining to create magic is something that i made me fall in love with this band. I guess that ship has sailed.
What do you mean "lack of participation? Can't you hear the basslines? Just because she chooses not to sing as much doesn't mean that she's not participating, the basslines especially in Midnight City and Electric girl are SO Good.

Hello all
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:11 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Sure she's everywhere on the bass and that's great, but the intertwining vocals were indeed one of their trademarks, and it is a bit sad that it's gone for good. I love the album and I'll always support them in every direction they choose to go, but the absence of Tomomi-Haruna vocals is something I'll miss.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:13 pm

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yay! Got mine today, even though it said it was stalled in Dallas. 2 days all the way from Yokohama. DVD is sweet, plays on my computer even though it's Region 2. I want to listen to it all day, but I must sleep now. Maybe all night while I work

Thanks for the translations, Japanese CD is all in Japanese... duh! Someday I'll learn to read it, my literacy is ill.

It's all good, I love this band! 

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm also sad by the lack of Tomomi's vocals but I wouldn't read too much into it. She's still singing in live versions of old songs and still good at it. You can also hear her backing vocals on Midnight City and Mado wo Aketara.
It's likely that she wants to focus more on the bass and just wasn't feeling like singing in this album, dunno, one thing I was always very curious about is how the girls decide the vocals on each song. Anyway, I think there's nothing to worry about.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:50 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Got my CD last night, yay.
Teehee
First impressions are wow, this is a definite change in their overall music sound. Starts off punky and rocky, and then in the middle, it gets really candy-pop.

Platform Syndrome is a high energy punk song, Scandal does punky songs well, and a very nice intro to the album.
Over is a powerful rock song, attempting to display Haruna's higher vocals, while giving vibes of their older songs like Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne.
Take Me Out - well, it's still as awesome as it was when it came out 18mths ago, channeling a traditional sound over-run by the hustle of the modern, much like the music video invokes.
Oh! No! is kinda crazy, Mami clearly had fun with this rocky little number, and so did I while listening to it.
Midnight City started, and immediately the vocals made me think of Shishamo! Great vocals, cool song.
Short Short is one I can feel Rina having a reasonable influence on, dreamy, floaty, happy.
Madowoaketara gives me a total Namie Amuro vibe, I love it. Also apt, given she has recently retired.
Futari - I genuinely loved this song as soon as I heard it originally, it's good to see that it was included on the album, given the digital-only release. Just a really nice song, with that touch of emotion in Haruna's voice to fall in love with.
Electric Girl. Back to the high energy rock songs, with a touch of "electronic" girl vocals. Reminds me of Silent Siren a lot, but without the "squeaky" pop vocals which isn't a bad thing.
Koisuru Universe while I genuinely loved Futari, I genuinely hated K.U. when I first heard it. I felt Haruna's voice seemed really strange, and that the music was too chaotic for my liking. And then the controversy of the music video. Some Scandal. But guess what? It's grown on me, and now hearing more songs from this album with Haruna's higher vocals, it feels right. The right Scandal.

Now to listen to it again... 
See you later

linernotes - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 14 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:01 am

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about the lack of Tomo song(s) in Honey. By know it's obvious based on previous albums that they collaborate in making songs. They all probably discussed what to do with this album. Let's not put like Tomo will never have a song for her ever.
Honey is great, this is now my favorite and in my opinion the best album they ever did, all songs we're great unlike in previous albums where there are a song or two that, let's admit it not great. Even "Take Me Out" fit perfectly here, there was even a big discussion here in the forums to why include that. The album may be short but that is one that makes it great too, it removes the sense of boredom. There are some albums that even though great feels boring because its so long.
By the way, Honey is also available on Deezer (competitor of Spotify)

linernotes - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 14 Scandal+-+02
Back to top Go down

『HONEY』 Liner Notes - Midnight City
Posted Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:14 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
RINA's liner notes for "Midnight City":

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/964733954346528768
M5. Midnight City
"Comparing myself to others makes me hate myself, and I can't speak sincerely to anyone―why am I like this?" Being attacked by loneliness and an inferiority complex means that you're the one who knows best that you can still do more, and that you can set high expectations for yourself. A song with a sweet and poisonous atmosphere to it, and one that features RINA on main vocals for the first time in a while

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:05 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Oricon chart updates:
15/2: #2 with 1,908 copies sold
16/2: #4
"HONEY" sold 18,638+

JPU Records also reported that "HONEY" scored #1 in nine European charts.
linernotes - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 14 Scanda10

SCANDAL’s HONEY: #1 in Nine Charts Across Europe

SCANDAL’s eighth studio album HONEY was released digitally worldwide on Valentines Day and has already shot to the top of charts across the globe, including number one in nine European charts ahead of its release in the territory on CD from 2 March 2018. To celebrate, JPU Records has temporarily slashed the price of the band’s tenth anniversary best album and t-shirt bundle.
HONEY’s digital release within Europe via JPU Records has seen the album reach number one in nine different charts and top ten in 13. At home in Japan HONEY made its debut in the daily Oricon album chart at number three.
Within Europe HONEY reached number one in iTunes‘ world music category in Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Netherlands and the United Kingdom, while on Amazon Music it reached number one in the world music category in France, Germany and the United Kingdomlinernotes - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 14 Ir?t=japanunder-21&l=am2&o=2&a=B0798VTV6W. The release went on to debut in the top ten of 13 charts in Europe, including iTunes’ charts for Ireland, Italy and Poland.
http://www.jpurecords.com/scandal-honey-number1/

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
RINA's liner notes for "Short Short" and "Mado wo Aketara":

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/964817037087293441
M6. Short Short
A strange tale that's shorter than a short story―a story of a girl who desires a love like a short short story. The mix of HARUNA's transparent vocals like meltwater with plenty of chorus work feels nice. Some of my favorite lyrics that were able to be written with good balance of words with a softness and sharpness to them

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/964853876343037954
M7. Mado wo Aketara
This album was made mostly with songs that were written within the past year, but this song was written by TOMOMI three years ago. We're happy that the timing when we could have everyone listen to it finally came along. We've been really thinking strongly about making our ways of living into songs, and that we'd make our favorite music just as it is. Music that people can see is really enjoyable

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
RINA's liner notes for "Futari," "Electric Girl," and "Koisuru Universe":

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/965087981781499904
M8. Futari
No action has been taken even though you've known for a long time that you both have the same feelings; won't that disappear if you don't hurry? It's a song about a pair that provokes that while enjoying that time they share together. The lyrics for this came first. A lot of the lyrics came first this time

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/965153711474421760
M9. Electric Girl
Wanting a thrilling song, we made a flashy one that's full of playfulness. After we finished recording track 8 was when the album title came to mind, and we tried including "sweet nectar" that was connected to the word "HONEY." We want to shout out the "Isse-no-se" part before the chorus with everyone - I really can't wait for our tour

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/965197994466328576
M10. Koisuru Universe
A love song with a 120% degree of happiness that could even be played at a wedding ceremony. "A perfect universe in which we met you" who has chosen SCANDAL's music. This album "HONEY" is a work that we're proud of in 2018, the 10th anniversary of our major label debut, and one that closes with happiness. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I haven't bought a physical copy of Honey yet. Because, I spent less around $100 for a VIP ticket for Scandal Live in Manila. Also, I'm waiting for results for the NYC Marathon lottery. If I got picked to run the NYC Marathon, $378 will be automatically charged from my credit card. I'll just wait on or after February 28.

Any news about the sales figures and charts from Oricon?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:30 am

quidsca

quidsca

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

MamiNoodles wrote:

*3. *22,906 SCANDAL "HONEY"

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:38 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
quidsca wrote:
MamiNoodles wrote:

More detailed:

Oricon Daily Album Chart
2/13 - #3
2/14 - #3
2/15 - #2
2/16 - #4
2/17 - #3
2/18 - #7
2/19 - #3 (Daily estimated sales: 648)

It looks like the highest HONEY has gotten and will get on the charts is #2 (Sexy Zone is currently occupying the top spot).

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:53 am

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
quidsca wrote:
MamiNoodles wrote:

A bit lower than Yellow's first week at 29,315, but of course CD sales continue to decline as more and more people stream. If it follows Yellow's week over week pattern hereafter total sales would be about 30,000.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.