You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Pretty sure I get to embarrass myself again in #20. Also pretty sure I hear the words "Kowai yo". I can hardly wait.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

hogradish wrote:Pretty sure I get to embarrass myself again in #20. Also pretty sure I hear the words "Kowai yo". I can hardly wait.

#consistency

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 Sig10
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 20

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 EPsXAho
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 IzCaaQq

•The band starts the episode by talking about their recent live broadcast of "Catch up" and recapping it a bit. They then read messages from listeners who sent in their thoughts about their new song "SPICE." The first listener says the song is very spicy. They also say that they're currently a college student whose had to transition to online classes only due to the pandemic and has lost a lot of motivation, but SCANDAL's activities are very stimulating for them. The second listener says the new song is very cool, and that it'll be a very stimulating spice for them in their lives.

•After "SPICE" plays, they talk about what's covered here.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener whose spice in life is the ex-boyfriend she had during their first and second years in high school. She was at the mercy of him until she came to her senses and dumped him. However, he more or less stalked her after that and it turned into a police case where they rushed his house. The police told her they had him in custody and gave her the backpack she lent him with all of the two years' worth of letters and purikura she gave to him. She said she didn't want that; she wanted the money [that I guess he took?? idk the listener was super vague on the details here lol]. Because of the relationship with him, she feels like she's upgrading every time she has new boyfriend. The band says that that's crazy that happened in high school.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener whose spice in life is darts. When they were in high school nothing was going well and they became a shut-in. That's when they discovered a dartboard. They didn't want to go to school and wasn't motivated to do anything, but they decided to throw darts and got hooked on it. Mysteriously, it helped them forget about everything bad they were feeling. Eventually, they were able to leave home thanks to darts, became a pro darts player, and aims to go to England. Their dream is to become the best darts player in the world. They say that a lot of things in life may not go well, but you don't know what will happen as a result of them. They also say that they're cheering them on.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener whose a first-year pharmacy student. Their current spice in life is this pandemic as they've only been able to go to campus twice since school started three months ago. They want to make new friends soon and want to see their teachers in person instead of through a computer screen. They also want to cash in their EXP gained during this time so that they can play an active role as a pharmacist involved in medical treatment in the future. The band first talks about what they said about online classes, and they think they probably are taking a lot of them. They also say that they're trying to say that they never want something like this pandemic to happen again. Though this is a difficult time, there are merits that are realized.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who is currently 20 years old. At the start of summer before his first year of high school, his girlfriend whom he loved very much that he got together with during his third year of middle school suddenly started ignoring him. They graduated and his still didn't know the reason why she broke up with him. Five years passed, and last year a mutual friend told him that the ex wanted his contact info. That made him nervous and excited, and he let the friend tell the ex his info. She contacted him and apologized for what she did. She loved him, but at that time her parents getting a divorce and she ignored a lot of things going on her life then. He accepted her apology, and she said that she still loved him and missed him. However, he turned her down as he currently has a girlfriend. Still, he can't help but be interested. TOMO says that breaking up without giving a reason is tough to go through, and that the person who was dumped may continue to have feelings for the other person. RINA and MAMI wonder why he would "be interested" in the ex now, and laugh a little about it. TOMO thinks that he probably has good/fun memories with his ex, and that every person probably will have one or two people that they can never forget about their whole lives. TOMO says that everyone seems to want to have some spice in their lives.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who is about to take a teacher certification exam, and whose spice in life is ultimate frisbee. They're now on Japan's national team but is still aiming to improve as it's a competition that's still developing, and every practice session of their spice in life. They're a working adult so they work on weekdays and practice on days off. TOMO says that they know that this person has visited the FEEDBACK Shop in Shibuya before holding a frisbee. They told them that they're a pro and were on their way to a match. The band thinks that's awesome, and awesome that they have a fan on a national sports team. HARU wonders if it's a woman, but TOMO says that it's a man. MAMI looks up the sport and says that there is a women's team. TOMO says that she'd love to see a match as it sounds interesting. The others agree. RINA says that it's surprising that people like them are fans of theirs.

hogradish wrote:Pretty sure I get to embarrass myself again in 20.

I think you mean#21. Tongue

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Right 21. I'm pretty consistent when it comes to embarrassing myself. I'd like to think of it as my charm point. Probably isn't.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Organizing the disordered segments that we can't even understand!

Episode #21 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 EDHcaZc

HARUNA: Let's get right to it while eating our sweets.

RINA: Ingesting sugar!

MAMI: Raising our blood sugar.

RINA: Apollo!

TOMOMI: Poifull!

HARUNA: Apollo My Stage...ah, I mean "My Style"

RINAMAMI: What did you just say?

HARUNA: ..."My Stage"

TOMOMI: My Stage!

RINA: It's been way too long since we've played a show... Did [the word "stage"] just happen to come out?

MAMI: You're passing through your stage.

TOMOMI: We've been making basic mistakes like that a lot recently, haven't we?

MAMI: ...that's true.

RINA: It can feel a little embarrassing...but "My Stage" is a good one!

TOMOMI: Was that segment called "Living in the home"?

HARUNA: No, it's "Living in the house" [Note: No, TOMO was right, HARU lol]...
There are have been a lot of embarrassing moments...

MAMI: "Apollo My Stage" sounds very stoic.

RINA: You'd want to eat it a little more at ease.

TOMOMI: Maybe we should do a collab?

HARUNA: Well then, we've started a ton of segments since March and received a lot of messages. Everyone's gotten good at sending in messages recently. We expected to get messages that comprise of one topic, but we usually get mixtures of two or three topics, which is awesome. That in itself is fun, but we thought we should sort them for now... So this segment is called "Catching up on midsummer clearance mail"!

All: Yep yep.

RINA: We sure like puns...

HARUNA: "Clearance" means to clean up, and is a term used when there's a sale. In short, we'll explain to new listeners what segments we have and get them to understand. We'll be getting rid of segments we don't need anymore!

TOMOMI: We also don't really know what's going on.

MAMI: It's like we're saying, "What happened, again?"

HARUNA: (*Reading a message) This is for our "GyouColle" segment...

TOMOMI: GyouColle!

MAMI: That's from when we first started the program.

HARUNA: Isn't this the very first topic we created? "Gyoukaiyougo Collection (A collection of industry terms)."

TOMOMI: It's the one where we ask people to tell us the terms used in their profession.

Tsukamo-san
I'm an electrical engineer. This is a story from when I was talking with a friend who is also an electrical engineer, as well as another friend who has a completely different job. This is related to COVID-19. When an employee's temperature rises to [some degrees] ℃, they can't come into work. When it's down to [some degrees] ℃, they can go into work. My engineer friend said, "I can't come to the office at 37.5°C and the hysteresis is 0.5." I went, "I see," but my other friend said, "What??" There is a phenomenon called hysteresis due to electrical characteristics, which I will omit because it's difficult to explain, but if you apply to this story, it means that you can't go in to work if your temperature rises to 37.5°C, and you can go to work if it falls down to 37.0°C. It's a term I use quite regularly, but this made me go, "I guess this is an industry term?" SCANDAL, have you ever heard of the word "hysteresis"?

RINA: ...I have no idea what they're talking about.

MAMI: I've never heard that word before...maybe it refers to a numerical value going down?

HARUNA: Yeah, perhaps...

MAMI: What does it mean? I looked it up just now, but a figure popped up...what is this?

RINA: It's like a graph, but I don't get it. It's difficult to say...

MAMI: I have no idea. What does it mean?

HARUNA: Well, they said it's okay if it drops 0.5 degrees.

TOMOMI: I guess that's what it is.

RINA: It's more like a technical term.

HARUNA: It's related to electical stuff.

RINA: It's a everyday term, but it's cool.

TOMOMI: I wonder if our roadies would understand it, since they handle stuff with electricity.

RINA: They provide instrument support. When we start up rehearsals, shall we try using it like it's a normal term for us to say?

TOMOMI: Try using it?

MAMI: Like, "How many hystereses is this?"

HARUNA: Doesn't it seem like you could use it for when your microphone is buzzing and you ask for the voltage to be lowered?

TOMOMI: Like, "Isn't the hysteresis kind of high? Maybe we should lower it a bit?"
...Is that how you use it?

MAMI: Google it, everyone!

TOMOMI: I don't know what to Google...

RINA: But it's a good word. It's a new one for us.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Maybe they could try using hysteresis in lyrics.. it doesn't seem safe to include, could be embarrassing if misused.. wonder how it would've worked in Electric Girl.. 
That may sound weird but you never know what to expect from a band that sings about "your semicircular canals" pounding (Flashback No. 5)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 21

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 BB9Oxih
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 PLyx3VJ

•The episode opens with this.

•MAMI reads the next message from a male listener in his 50s who answered their "Life Before SCANDAL" segment. He first saw SCANDAL during their HELLO WORLD tour stop in Anaheim, CA, USA as he had been working at a sales company in LA at the time. Before SCANDAL, he was a fan of British hard rock bands. The band is happy that he first saw them in LA.

•TOMO reads the next message from Joe from Seattle. He says he's simply a fan of their music, which reminds him of the music he listened to when he was young. He gives examples such as how he can imagine The Supremes singing "Sunday Drive"; Crosby, Stills & Nash singing "SUKI-SUKI"; and that Rod Stewart could perhaps be singing "Sayonara My Friend." He also says that their songs can sometimes make him feel sad, such as with "Winter story." The band is amused by the Rod Stewart comment and says it's nice how he thinks their music can sound like those artists. RINA says that they're happy to hear that the result of the band doing whatever they want without really aiming for something or knowing about it is making this kind of an impression on people like him. They can link them to songs the band has no connection to, which she says can be kind of scary. The band laughs at this. TOMO says that they're happy that their music reaches places like Seattle. She also says it was hard reading all the katakana characters (presumably for the artist names). The band says that this message could fit in the "Life Before SCANDAL" segment.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who started working at a hospital this past April as a dietician (the band actually called and spoke to her during this episode). They say they're in the hospital's kitchen every day preparing food. She also gives out tea and soup to nurses. The system is set up where you return the dishes when you're done eating. Most people tell her "Thanks for the food," but there's one male nurse who always looks her in the eyes and tells her, "The food was great today too. Thanks so much as always!" She says she's bad at making eye contact while talking to people so she looks away right away. Despite that, this person never fails to make eye contact with her. She calls him a good person for this. She's also always been interested in him and always looks forward to seeing him despite her not being good with eye contact. She's never been in love before and is confused by what she's feeling. She also doesn't know his name and doesn't know what his entire face looks like due to them having to wear masks. However, the next time she sees him, she's aiming to make eye contact. She asks the band to cheer her on. TOMO asks what segment they're writing for, and the others say it's for their love advice segment "SCA-Ren" (SCANDAL no Renai Soudan = SCANDAL's Love Advice). HARU mentions that it's a listener that they talked to before on the phone. RINA thinks that the guy must be aware of what he's doing, like thinking, "Ah, I get to see her today too. She's pretty cute," and appealing to her. MAMI says that making eye contact and talking to her could also be common courtesy; that's just how they treat everyone. TOMO and RINA say that even if that's true, that still means they're a good person. They tell her to first start greeting him as if to make friends with him and try talking to him.

•The band starts trying to recall the segments they have on the show: SCA-Ren; A.D.A.N.A. (Nicknames); Hey! Teacher; HOME-TE; GyoColle; Life Before SCANDAL (LBS). They say they should trim it down to around four and that they don't really need the nicknames segment, but then MAMI says that her friend's nickname is "Agedori (fried chicken)." It was given to them because they were called that by a convenience store worker. The friend always got agedori when they went to a convenience store. RINA goes, "Do you mean karaage?" MAMI says yes, but "agedori" is what one convenience store (TOMO says it's 7-Eleven) calls their karaage/fried chicken. One time, they asked for agedori but the worker forgot to put it in the bag. After the friend left the store, the worker ran out and told them to hold on. The friend went, "What is it?" The worker was trying to tell them that they forgot to give them their agedori, but the worker only said, "Agedori-san!"

•The band decides to keep the segments LBS, GyoColle, and SCA-Ren. The staff then reminds them of the "Nice spice" segment, which is formally titled "Jinsei no SPICE (Spice of Life)." They decide to keep these four segments going forward.

lol that's unfortunate that the Nicknames segment was cut. Although I think I've already told the band about the story in a past Fan Letter Project, just for the heck of it I recently sent in a message about my "Fifth member of SCANDAL" nickname Tongue

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Wow, that wasn't as bad as I feared. I totally defend my Rod Stewart choice as well. It's just 40 years too late.
Also, I'm glad someone besides me wrote in to the show. I think everyone should write in, to show the sponsors how engaged and far-flung the audience is. Not that I'm gonna run out and buy a hundred bucks worth of Poiful, but they don't need to know that......and thank you for the translation.

Oh, and I think I sent this one in English and let them do the translating.

Last edited by hogradish on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : afterthought)

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
Fair play for writing in. As for Rod Stewart, even in Scotland you either love him or hate him. He become a bit of a dafty with some of stuff he saying these last couple of years, I think those heavy drinking session since the 70s is taking it toll on the poor lad.

Still I enjoy listening to Young Turk and Sailing.

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I had "Sailing" in mind as well when I sent in my letter, but more so "A Reason to Believe". And "The First Cut is the Deepest".

Last edited by hogradish on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additonal thought)

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
I could see Tomomi singing the song Sailing, I think her voice suit it more.

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

For those interested in sending a message to the "Catch Up" program....

https://ssl2.jfn.co.jp/mailbox/index/340

The above link will take you to the form to fill out.
The first box is the name they will use for you on-air.
The next box is obvious, your email.
Next is Male or Female.
Then a drop down list for your age group.
Then a drop down list for the radio station you listen to. The bottom choice is "other"
Then finally is the big box for your message. Pretty sure English is ok.

Below all that is the "submit" button.
That takes you to the "confirm" button on the left, and the "return" button on the right.
And that's it.

Have fun! Say hi for me, ha ha.

andy666, she could sing the phone book and I'd be happy.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Interested in what people of the same generation are listening to!

Episode #22 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 R62hxZW

HARUNA: We cut the number of segments we had with the "Midsummer clearance messages." So, this is a message for the "GyoColle" segment. It's from Almondobondo-san.

This is for GyoColle. I work in the aviation industry. In this industry, when reporting a seat number via telephone or the like, we use unique wording so that there are no transmission errors. For example, in the case of an air ticket with the number "3B," we'd say it as "3 Baker." We use jargon in order from A onwards. I can't introduce that jargon here, but I'm sure you often use airplanes when on tour, so please use one of those terms for fun.

RINA: I see.

TOMOMI: It seems like a pain to memorize.

HARUNA: There are a lot of them.

TOMOMI: You need to be careful not to confuse "B" with "D."

HARUNA: Is that what that's about?

TOMOMI: Like, "3 APPLE"?

RINA: I've heard of this happening in other industries too.

TOMOMI: Really?

RINA: When talking with a customer, you say a word that starts with the alphabet [Note: She probably means something like this].

MAMI: Ah, yeah!

HARUNA: Go ahead, MAMI-san.

MAMI: This is when I worked at a beef bowl place. When referring to the number of beef bowls, you'd use the counter "chou (丁)," so one bowl would be "icchou." Two bowls would normally be "nichou," but that could be mistaken for "icchou," so you'd have to say "futachou."

TOMOMI: It'd be a big mistake if you got it wrong.

RINA: I see.

TOMOMI: On to the next message... It's a message from Ichigomen-san for the "Life Before SCANDAL" segment.

【Life Before SCANDAL】 First, before we get to the main subject...I am a nursery teacher who has a license to teach elementary school!

TOMOMIRINA: Hey! Teacher!

HARUNAMAMI: Ah, we forgot to say it...

TOMOMI:  ...you weren't able to say it.

RINA: This is great. This is fun, TOMO. Shall we do it again? "...I am a nursery teacher who has a license to teach elementary school!"

All: Hey! Teacher!

TOMOMI: It's a lot fun. I'm glad we made it a segment.

Before SCANDAL...my favorite artists were SPEED, Morning Musume., Ayaka, AI, YUI, etc.! I generally tend to be drawn to female artists, and I was into ones who sing/dance or are singer-songwriters! I'm 27 and am in basically the same generation as SCANDAL, so I was wondering if you guys were on the same kind of path as me. SCANDAL fans (particularly those who are seniors in life) whom you can consider comrades have an unchangeable past before SCANDAL, but conversely I'd like to know what kind of path SCANDAL fans of the same generation walked! The "Chaotic summer playlist" you did recently where you showed your musical roots was interesting, but each of your personal memories were even more interesting, so I'd love for you to do it again!

TOMOMI: We're also in the same generation as SPEED and Morning Musume., you know...

RINA: That's true.

MAMI: Didn't all of those artists they listed walk the same path?

TOMOMI: All of those can be sung at karaoke.

RINA: A lot of those songs were assigned to us for recitals when we attended dance school. It's generational.

TOMOMI: Just seeing that line-up makes me excited.

RINA: I wonder what kind of music our generation listens to, and if they listened to the same things as TOMO.

HARUNA: There have been more messages from adults for our LBS segment.

RINA: That's because it's a topic we made for older guys lol

TOMOMI: We'd certainly like to hear about peoples' favorite artists in their lives [in the same generation as us] between your late 20s to early 30s.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 22

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 3aA0VTh
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 8Dz0hqP

•Due to recent upticks in COVID-19 cases in Japan, the band is recording this episode remotely: HARU and MAMI are at their own homes while RINA and TOMO are both at their management's office.

•After "SPICE" plays, they go over what's talked about here.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who says that they started like "Tsuki" right after Kiss from the darkness was released, and their daughter in fifth grade has been like "A.M.D.K.J." a lot recently, which they're worried about (?). The band laughs and goes, "Why?" The listener also says that their favorite band was Yellow Magic Orchestra in middle school. The band mentions how a lot of listeners have said that their past favorite band was YMO. The listener also says that they've been a fan of the band UNICORN for over 30 years. One of the things about UNICORN that attracts them is that UNICORN is their own genre, just like how SCANDAL is their own genre. RINA is also a really big UNICORN fan and is glad that there are fans of them among their fans. TOMO says she also like them. HARU says that liking "A.M.D.K.J." isn't a cause for worry.

•After "A.M.D.K.J." (lol) plays, HARU reads the next message from a male listener who is a civil engineering teacher at a technical high school (All: "Hey! Teacher!"). He was in a SCANDAL cover band in college with three girls. Whenever they played a show, he would wonder why he's the only guy in the band and was more nervous about that than playing bass in front of people. However, he thinks that that experience helped him become mentally stronger. He asks the band if they've had an experience like that. TOMO says that there are many guy bands that have one female member in them, but it's pretty rare to see the opposite of that. RINA says that he probably was nervous, but it doesn't seem like he was uncomfortable by it. TOMO says that that's cool [he was the only guy member of the band]. They circle back to the question he asked the band. RINA says when she was in her second year of high school and had tranferred from an all-girls school in Osaka to a school in Tokyo so that the band could make their major label debut, she was the only person who spoke in Osakan/Kansai dialect. Everyone gathers around to welcome new transfer students, and when they did so for RINA they told her to speak in her Osakan dialect. It made her feel embarrassed or even more alone, like she was the only person alone in the world. She says it's kind of like when people who speak English are told to speak it and it made her feel really weird. She'd be really careful when doing aizuchi to avoid saying ones that Kansai dialect speakers say. That's why she, jokingly, says that she speaks such beautiful standard Japanese now [Note: RINA still very much speaks using Kansai dialect]. She says that it was a good experience, though. HARU says that sometimes you change depending on what you think. RINA says that she was glad to learn about different things since their job involves speaking in front of others. HARU says that between kindergarten and a few years of elementary school, she wore sneakers intended for boys. Teachers and other students her age would be like, "Why are you wearing boys' sneakers?" They didn't mean it in a mean way, but she was kind of hurt by that. RINA mentions how randoseru backpacks come in all kinds of colors and how it used to be that girls had pink/red ones while boys had blue/etc. ones, but that's slowly fading out little by little. TOMO says that everyone should wear whatever they like.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who often plays keyboards and love SCANDAL so much that they dream of becoming a member of the band. When they started playing the bass in high school, they bought TOMO's Bluetus bass. They're very happy they have the same instrument as someone they look up to. They also say that their message is for their Nicknames segment. The band laughs and says, "But we got rid of that one!" In high school the listener was in the swim club where they had a tradition of seniors giving nicknames to juniors. Nicknames would always be decided by the person's favorite thing or by a word association game, but the nickname they were given was "Dyson." It wasn't given to them via a game--it was given to them by a senior whose nickname was "Roomba." The band wonders why they're nicknamed after vacuum cleaners. They were called that nickname all three years of high school, which is why they consider that nickname to be dear to them. After graduating high school, they attended college with the aim of becoming a teacher. TOMO says that she wishes they had explained why they had vacuum cleaner nicknames. HARU says that maybe they're good at cleaning.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who thanks them for reading a message from an ultimate frisbee player on a national team during episode 20, and although they've gone to the FEEDBACK Shop many times, they are not that guy who met TOMO there--they're a woman. The band is amazed at how there are two ultimate frisbee players on national teams that are SCANDAL fans (RINA: "What kind of probability is that?!"). The listener says that she was supposed to compete in a worldwide tournament held this summer, but it's been postponed until next year. She'll do her best at qualifiers to be able to compete next year, as well as do their best at their job. Her job right now, by the way, is a lecturer, but is studying to get her teaching license (All: "Hey! Teacher!"). The band says they'll be cheering for her.

Finally caught up on all the episodes! Will try my best to keep up with the eps as soon as they come out now!

And if you enjoy my translations, please consider leaving a tip! (This supports me directly rather than the site) Happy

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 FdtTi4P

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You've done some amazing work, tge.  Thank you so much!   .love.

He was in a SCANDAL cover band in college with three girls. Whenever they played a show, he would wonder why he's the only guy in the band and was more nervous about that than playing bass in front of people.

Stereogirl follows that member format, and they're doing pretty well, all things considered.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@confusedinupstatenewyork

Well as a Bass player myself I would be quite happy to play in an all girl band Happy

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tonymiller wrote:@confusedinupstatenewyork

Well as a Bass player myself I would be quite happy to play in an all girl band Happy
That would be cool, but then it wouldn't be an all-girl band would it Mr Miller..?
Whatever anyone says, I've loved truly mixed-gender bands—Fleetwood Mack, Prince and The Revolution. But never really been anyone's fan before SCANDAL

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@etwee

Yes you have a point here Happy

Check out the video of SCANDAL performing "One Night Carnival" with Kishidan, I love that one Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KEaf9RnKHY

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:@confusedinupstatenewyork

You say that thinking they will all look like Scandal.  I once worked with L7, and although I am a fan, they were quite frightening up close.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Don Dio

Dont spoil my dream Happy

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

The fate of gifts for listeners depends entirely on HARUNA!

Episode #23 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 PXszY6B

HARUNA: We're also bringing you this week's episode remotely due to the uptick of COVID-19 cases [in Japan].

(*HARUNA and MAMI are at home. TOMOMI and RINA are at their management's office)

All: Yeーp

〜Ding-dong (a sudden doorbell ring)

Lady (HARUNA's dog): Woof woof woof!

HARUNA: ...!? Hold on a sec...

MAMI: Was that the doorbell [at HARUNA's place]??

RINA: The doorbell's ringing at HARU's place?

TOMOMI: Answer it〜

HARUNA: Ogu-chan (*their female manager), why are you here...??

All: (laughs)

MAMI: Eh, Ogu-chan's there?

RINA: ...that's weird, going over in the middle of us recording.

MAMI: I wonder why.

TOMOMI: I wonder.

(*Everyone waits for a little bit)

(*The doorbell is rung once more, and HARUNA is given something...)

HARUNA: ...something really heavy came.

RINA: It was delivered to you?

HARUNA: Yeah, it was.

TOMOMI: Try opening it?

RINA: No!! Don't open it!

TOMOMI: Ah...sorry! Hold on a sec!

HARUNA: Eh, I shouldn't open it?? Then I should just leave it alone for now?

RINA: ...the feeling of being made to wait is intense.

HARUNA: What should I do? Eh, is it okay to open it?

RINA: Hold off for a bit!

HARUNA: ...got it.

RINA: All right, shall we hear the first song?

HARUNA: ...we're going into a song now?

MAMI: It's our latest song.

RINA: It's a good one, so we'll have you listen it.

HARUNA: ...okay.

(*The song plays)

RINA: That was SCANDAL's song "Kinenbi" (Anniversary; can also refer to a memorial date such as a birthday).

HARUNA: That wasn't "SPICE"...

RINA: Today's a "Kinenbi,"
So, usually HARUNA is our host, but today I will be the host!
You know, today is HARUNA's birthday! August 10th! Happy birthday!

All: Happy birthday!

HARUNA: Thank you...

RINA: Also, August 7th is [the candy] Apollo's birthday! It was created on August 7, 1969.
Since this is a very auspicious time, this will be a joint birthday party for HARUNA and Apollo!

All: (*Getting excited)

HARUNA: This is a first for me.

RINA: What do you think of how things have been since this episode started? Something arrived at your house, right?

HARUNA: Well, I can't help but to be interested in it.

RINA: That's understandable. How about opening it now?

HARUNA: It's okay to open it?

TOMOMI: Go ahead.

MAMI: I wonder what'll come out?

HARUNA: Lady can't help but to be interested in it.

RINA: That's understandable.

HARUNA: Ah, it has a ribbon that says "SCANDAL Catch up!" on itー

RINA: A high level of awareness.

HARUNA: Eh......there are so many sweets!

RINA: This is a "HARUNA Special" comprised of an assortment of Meiji sweets. Since you're now 32, we put together an assortment of 32 kinds of sweets!

HARUNA: Thanks so much!

MAMI: So auspicious!

RINA: Take your time eating them. What was included?

HARUNA: Chocolate bars, Apollo (of course), Pucca in both chocolate and strawberry flavors...

RINA: There are so many.

HARUNA: Horn, Galbo, Poifull...

MAMI: Are you going to list them all for us? I think that's enough...?

HARUNA: There's also that type of Apollo that you can make yourself! I finally get to make itー

RINA: Is it satisfactory? You seem really happy...

TOMOMI: Let's get on with the rest of the episode as you make the Apollo.

HARUNA: Right now?

RINA: Ah, wait a sec! Actually, we need you to give a correct answer for this quiz...

TOMOMI: ...wait a minute. Really? Sorry; I need to read the script better.

RINA: I was also surprised. You can give gifts in this way??

HARUNA: Even though it was already delivered...

TOMOMI: Yes, it can be confiscated.

RINA: We'll now be giving a quiz related to August 7th and August 10th. If you answer correctly, you'll get to keep your gift.

TOMOMI: We'll confiscate it if you get the answer wrong.

HARUNA: Seriously?

RINA: The "HARUNA Special" with 32 kinds of sweets will also be given out to our listeners! First, though, we're going to have HARUNA take the quiz!

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
TOMOMI: We'll confiscate it if you get the answer wrong.

Can't confiscate them if they're already in HARUNA's belly!  .common.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 23

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 VkQ3aqx
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 TScOXu4
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 6 XiNJqiV

•Due to recent upticks in COVID-19 cases in Japan, the band is recording this episode too remotely: HARU and MAMI are at their own homes while RINA and TOMO are both at their management's office. The episode then opens up with this.

•The first question:

This is a question relating to August 7th. On August 7, 2016, baseball player Ichiro Suzuki on the Miami Marlins got a triple in the seventh inning at the Colorado Rockies and reached his 3,000th hit in his Major League Baseball career. He was the ____ person in history to achieve this feat.

There's a pause after RINA finishes the question before HARU goes, "Eh?!" RINA says that it's written on the script that HARU has many chances to get the correct answer. HARU says, "What in the world? I know nothing about baseball. But that's a big thing, right?" MAMI emphasizes that this was for MLB. HARU answers that he was the first person to achieve this. This answer is incorrect. HARU again goes, "Eh?!" and answers the third person. This answer is also incorrect. She then basically guesses any number: second (incorrect), fourth (incorrect), fifth (incorrect). TOMO goes, "What the heck?" and the band laughs. They say that they want her to guess it correctly, so RINA gives her a hint that the correct answer's in the double-digits. HARU asks if they can give her anymore hints. RINA says that it's close to HARU's age. She says 30, which is the correct answer. Epic-sounding music plays and RINA asks her if she feels like she has a sense of achievement. HARU goes, "No."

•The second question:

This is a question relating to August 10th. On August 10, 1990, the Tokaido Shinkansen line was stopped due to a typhoon, and the baseball game that was scheduled to take place on that day was canceled. This was the first time a baseball game at a baseball stadium had been canceled in Japan due to a typhoon. Which team was supposed to play the Yomiuri Giants then?

Immediately, TOMO goes, "Why are these all baseball questions?!" RINA also goes, "Yeah, why?!" TOMO says that she can only imagine that it's because of the program producer Ono-san. HARU asks if he likes baseball, and he says he doesn't. TOMO goes, "You don't? Then why all the baseball questions?" MAMI says, "HARU, you were two years old when it happened. Do you remember anything from when you were two?" HARU says that of course she doesn't, which MAMI chuckles at. RINA says that she could probably get it just by listing off the baseball teams that she knows. TOMO says that this team is part of the Central League (one of the two baseball leagues in Japan, and also comprises of the country's most well-known baseball teams). HARU says that she doesn't really know the differences between the two main leagues anyway. They assure her again that she can keep guessing until she gets it right. HARU first says Hanshin Tigers (incorrect). She then says Chunichi Dragons, which is the correct answer. HARU is surprised and goes, "Oh, I got it right?" RINA says that she answered all of the questions correctly. TOMO says, "Ogu-chan (their manager who delivered the present), you can come back now." RINA jokes and says, "Yeah, since she's on standby in front of the building [to take away the present if HARU didn't answer the quiz correctly]." RINA says that was fun, and they just wanted to celebrate her birthday and wish her a happy birthday.

•After "SPICE" plays, TOMO says that there's one more present from Apollo. She mentions that she had wanted to come out with an Apollo-shaped pouch, and that they had been proceeding with plans to make it. Soon, it will finally be finished and they'll be giving some out to listeners.

•The band then closes out the episode. RINA says that Ogu-chan is already back at the office (HARU: "So fast!"). She asks HARU how the quiz was. HARU says that she thought she would only get one chance at answering the questions, but this whole thing made her happy. RINA then goes, "I'm unsure if I should ask this, but is there anything you want to do for your birthday this year?" HARU laughs and says that a lot of things are restricted right now, but she wants to play shows as well as do whatever SCANDAL can do right now. The episode closes out with HARU saying thanks and the rest of the band wishing her a happy birthday.

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HARU first says Hanshin Tigers (incorrect). She then says Chunichi Dragons, which is the correct answer.

Wow, HARUNA was just going down the Shishin list with that one.  .lol.

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
If I was Haruna, I would not open the door if I got the questions wrong. The sweets are all mine .dance.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.