You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
It's quite fun, but I still don't understand why such strange questions were asked for Haruna, who doesn't know anything about baseball. Obviously, she can only guess... At least something about music would make more sense.

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Meph1766 wrote:It's quite fun, but I still don't understand why such strange questions were asked for Haruna, who doesn't know anything about baseball. Obviously, she can only guess... At least something about music would make more sense.

This was all in good fun/just for laughs. It probably wouldn't have been as amusing if they had actually been serious for this. Happy

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Meph1766 wrote:It's quite fun, but I still don't understand why such strange questions were asked for Haruna, who doesn't know anything about baseball. Obviously, she can only guess... At least something about music would make more sense.
Since the Scandal members were praising Haruna's amazing memory just a few Catch Up episodes ago, it might've been fun if they had quizzed her about what happened on her birthday on specific years  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 1f602

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Who will be chosen as the glorious "Miss Basic Mistake"!?

Episode #24 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 DXKWK6K

A new segment was abruptly brought about.

HARUNA: ...all right, this is sudden, I know, but we'll be holding "The 1st Basic Mistake Championship"!

All: !!!?? What is that??
(*The other members were given a fake script)

TOMOMI: Is this some kind of revenge on us?

RINA: "Basic Mistake Championship"?

HARUNA: We will be holding a "Basic Mistake Championship."

MAMI: "Basic mistake"...are you talking about holding an actual championship?

TOMOMI: What does that mean?

HARUNA: In today's episode there are 10 basic mistakes unexpectedly made by the staff.

RINA: Isn't that too many...?

HARUNA: This is a new segment where all of us will find them together.

TOMOMI: Ahー! That's what it means! I thought something was up when we first came in here.

MAMI: Ahー!! That's what it means...

HARUNA: There are some that I'm sure you'd be vaguely aware of... Since there are 10 basic mistakes hidden, the one who finds the most basic mistakes will be given the title of the first "Miss Basic Mistake."

RINA: How cornyー

TOMOMI: You just wanted to say that, didn't you?

RINA: This is so cornyー

HARUNA: This is our first time doing this... Speaking for myself, I make basic mistakes a lot...I said "Apollo Stage" instead of "Apollo My Style"; "Living in the house" instead of "Living in the city"... This was devised due to my many basic mistakes.

RINA: So it's like we're looking for mistakes.

HARUNA: It's already begun.

TOMOMI: Can I say something first? I've been thinking this since we entered, but what's with that huge pencil that Ono-san's holding??

RINA: Right? That's what I first noticed...

TOMOMI: Did I get one?

MAMI: Is that [huge pencil] one of those mistakes?

HARUNA: Yes...

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 NgSlokq
(A super huge pencil)

TOMOMI: What is that?

MAMI: Can you write with that?

HARUNA: That [mistake] was way too easy to figure out.

RINA: ...I felt kind of scared going into the studio today.

MAMI: Yeah, that was scary. That's a mistake?
(Staff: I brought it by mistake...)

RINA: That's so scary. I've never seen a pencil that size.

HARUNA: The first mistake is that huge pencil.

TOMOMI: That might be the only one I can find.

MAMI: Do you know what they are, HARU-chan?

HARUNA: Yes, I do.

TOMOMI: Is that why you arrived early? I did think you arrived unusually early today.

HARUNA: I did have to meet up here earlier.

TOMOMI: I did think you were here early...

RINA: There are nine left.

MAMI: Are there any closeby?

TOMOMI: Ahー!!!!! Then that dog is one of them too!?

RINA: Ehー!! Really? Really?

HARUNA: Yes...

RINA: You really messed with stuff before the taping! I was wondering why the dog figurine changed. It's creepy... I told HARUNA about it but she didn't acknowledge it. That was creepy.

HARUNA: Yes, our figurine of Victor Entertainment's Nipper-kun at the office.

MAMI: Now it's some weird dog...

HARUNA: It's a Dalmatian now...

TOMOMI: I talked to the staff about it and they were like, "Okay." I was wondering what kind of response that was!

RINA: Such corny responses.

MAMI: Huh...ahー! It says "SHE" now!

TOMOMI: Ehー!?

RINA: It does.

TOMOMI: Yeah, it does.

RINA: That "her" postcard now says "SHE"! And it's handwritten!?

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 Vdls04w

The above now looks like this↓

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 EzeWt7e

(The postcard that now says "she" and a Dalmatian)

TOMOMI: Handwritten, huh... wait, is that what "basic mistake" means??

RINA: So we really are looking for mistakes...

TOMOMI: Hey...isn't this not meant for radio?

Who shines as the first "Miss Basic Mistake"? There are seven mistakes left.

※Special bonus

We're making script writer Ono-san's program script public.
The band always reads this as they're talking.

Two basic mistakes are hidden in this script.
Find the hidden mistakes from the same perspective as the members while listening to the program!

Page 1
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 G8CVRIl

Page 2
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 NNlmNet

Page 3
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 YnC0tKs

↓The following image is a spoiler, so take a look at it while listening to the program!
Spoiler:

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HARUNA: The first mistake is that huge pencil.

That quote sounds like it's from one of those AI-generated motivational posters.

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 Sig10
Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Tomomi pointing out how ridiculous the visual game is for radio reminds me of how Edgar Bergen was  the most successful ventriloquist ever... on radio!  I guess you have to rely on the audience having a great imagination to enjoy the bit.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 24

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 T0o08iP
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 EML4fmx

•The band opens up the episode by talking about how hot it's been recently in Tokyo. RINA mentions that practically every day there have been alerts to watch out for heatstroke. They also talk about the gap between the rainy season and now is crazy. TOMO says that there hasn't really been a hot and stuffy period this year and that it just suddenly became hot.

•After "SPICE" plays, this is what happens next. HARU then says that the mistakes aren't limited to visible things. They'll be continuing this episode like normal and reading messages from the listeners. If anyone spots any mistakes, HARU says to speak up.

•TOMO reads the first message from a listener from France. Before SCANDAL their favorite bands were U2, Oasis, Nirvana, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. They play guitar and have covered several SCANDAL songs, and also say that they can't wait for the livestream on the 21st. RINA says that it's nice to be connected in that way to other bands.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener in Singapore who was in an all-girl band in high school in 2003. They performed several times but didn't get along well, so they broke up in their second year of high school. After reading an interview with SCANDAL, they suddenly started missing their band members and contacted them for the first time in 15 years--however, none of the members play instruments anymore, which makes them sad. They're going to work hard to be able to play the guitar like MAMI and hope to find new members that they get along with and can stay together with forever. MAMI says that the listener contacting their old members probably occured during stay-at-home time. They say how 15 years is a long time and that it takes guts to do what they did. MAMI also points out that they said that they suddenly started missing their band members, which is pretty profound in itself. HARU says that it would have been nice if they could have gone back to how things were. The band then notes how there are a lot of messages from overseas fans.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener whom she recognizes as having read many of their messages on the program before, and says that it's the person whose shichimi messages) they read before. She then apologizes for saying that while the band cracks up (HARU: "That's a mistake, right?"). She continues reading the message: "My friend whom I was grilling takoyaki with also sent a message," before realizing that she read this exact message before here. This is another one of the mistakes, the fourth out of 10. RINA, MAMI, and TOMO wonder if they've missed any mistakes somehow. They start wondering if there are any in their Meiji snacks, which HARU says there isn't.

•The next segment they do is the "SPICE of Life" one. HARU reads this message from a listener whose spice is that during an elementary school field trip, they stayed in the same room as the principal. The band is surprised by that. RINA goes, "Isn't that nerve-wracking?" MAMI questions if that was even okay to do. HARU says there's more to the message. The listener says that it was a really small school: in their class there were 5 girls and they were the only boy. The band goes, "Ahh." They also say that since there were three women teachers, they stayed with the principal [who was a man]. The listener disliked this arrangement that they ran away to the bath in the morning. However, this is now their surefire story/joke that gets people every time. They then ask the band if they have any surefire stories/jokes that get people every time. The band laughs and says that it was cute that they ran away to the bath. RINA says that situation must have been awkward. HARU says that they probably didn't talk to each other at all. MAMI says that it's probably scary for an elementary schooler to stay in a room by themselves, which the band agrees with.

•This story reminds MAMI of her story from middle school that she's talked about before (this one at the end of episode 9), and the band tells her to tell it again. MAMI also mentions that after the boy did the roundoff he just got back up and was like, "Shall we go?"

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who is a 28-year-old office worker writing in for the "Life Before SCANDAL" segment after RINA was wondering who people in their same generation's favorite bands were before SCANDAL. They were in a light music club in high school who covered songs from artists like ikimonogatari, AIKO, and JUDY AND MARY. They knew about "DOLL," but they didn't start liking SCANDAL until the second year of working when a male senior at their work was telling them how great "SCANDAL BABY" is. They casually started listening to BEST★SCANDAL and fell in love with it. Time passed, and the senior invited them to go see SCANDAL's HONEY tour, which was their first SCANDAL show. They had such a good time that they joined SCANDAL MANIA after the show. They've also gone many times to the takoyaki place in Kyobashi, Osaka that the band used to frequent. They say a lot of things happened between them and their senior, but ultimately they ended up marrying other people--however, they're still good concert buddies. They end the message by saying SCANDAL always cheers them up and they're looking forward to when they can see them live again. RINA says that this was a great message and the band agrees. They comment on the "concert buddies" part and wonder if they're going to watch the livestream together, or at their own separate houses. The band also says that they tried covering JUDY AND MARY's song "Sobakasu" way back when but gave up on it because it was too hard for them. RINA says that it's not really a song that could be covered by people who just picked up instruments a few months prior. MAMI says that back then they thought there was nothing they couldn't do. RINA says that although they were all over the place and couldn't cover it at all, it was a fun experience and made for good memories. TOMO says that if they have time then maybe they should try and cover it, and RINA says that they might be able to do it now. MAMI goes, "No way!" They pause, say it's impossible, and laugh and say it's too difficult.

•After "Living in the city" plays, MAMI says she's found a mistake: their program producer's headphones are not plugged in. The rest are surprised that MAMI noticed it, and MAMI says she just noticed it randomly. With this, five mistakes have been found with five more left. TOMO goes, "Isn't it almost time to end the episode?" HARU tells them to put their heads together. They go over what they've found already: The big pencil, the unknown dog, the "she" postcard, the repeated message, and the unplugged headphones. HARU says they should see them if they look carefully, and that they're all things that can be seen in plain sight. MAMI says she'll look around. She probably goes too far, as HARU says there's nothing that far away. TOMO asks if they're close by and HARU says yes. After looking for a few more seconds, MAMI says she's found one: The script says "Cutch ap" instead of "Catch up." RINA and TOMO are really surprised at that. RINA says that this is episode 1 of "Cutch ap." MAMI says that she gets it now, and that all of them are pretty simple. They wonder if there are anymore in the script. MAMI says she thinks there's one where HARU's name is written in hiragana [instead of all caps]. HARU says that the mistake is something TOMO already found. The rest are confused by this. HARU says to keep going. MAMI keeps reading and finds it: it says "HARUNA omemetou" (おめでとう [omedetou = happy birthday] is the correct spelling, so in English the equivalent would be like, "HARUNA, happy barthday"). The band laughs and TOMO says that was difficult. HARU also points out that the "Please send us your messages" part of the script sounds weird. MAMI says she did see that part where it says "We're accepting messages for our A.D.A.N.A. (Nickname) segment like Roomba-senpai" but wasn't sure if they still kept that segment [Note: They got rid of it in ep 21]. RINA says that was probably the hardest one to find.

•There are now three more mistakes left. They're out of time, however, so they're unable to look for the rest. HARU says that the "Miss Basic Mistake" championship has now ended. TOMO and MAMI both go, "That's so frustrating!" They then crown MAMI as "Miss Basic Mistake" and congratulate her. HARU then reveals the three remaining mistakes. The first is that they have a different person doing audio for the program. TOMO goes, "Eh? I did think that that was a new person doing it..." RINA jokes and says that they went too far, and that it's kind of rude.

•HARU says that if she tells them the next one now, they'll probably be livid. They go, "Eh?! What is it?" HARU says that the mistake is that there aren't 10 mistakes in total. They go, "What the heck?!" MAMI goes, "So there's nine of them?" HARU says that they forgot to do one more mistake, so there are nine of them in total. MAMI says, "Oh, so that's what 'not visible' meant."

•As they close out the episode, HARU asks how this was. RINA and TOMO say that this was surprisingly fun. MAMI says that it felt really complicated to be doubting listeners' messages. HARU then reads the "Please send us your messages" part of the script that had the wrong info in it: "How was the "Miss Basic Mistake" championship that came from HARUNA's mistakes? We're accepting messages for our A.D.A.N.A. (Nickname) segment like Roomba-senpai. Keep sending them in! We're looking forward to hearing from you! Messages are what gives 'Catch up' life! Please send them via the program page on AuDee. Sending outrageous stories is perfectly fine. Stories that sound like lies are okay too!" The band laughs and then goes, "HARUNA, omemetou~" They say that this was tiring because they concentrated so hard, but it was fun.

•They then mention their livestream, which is already close at hand. They talk about how they'll be showing everyone their Kiss from the darkness tour they had had planned, and also say that they hope people all around the world enjoy it.

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
They then crown MAMI as "Miss Basic Mistake" and congratulate her.

That award sounds like a Sheryl Crow song...

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener in Singapore who was in an all-girl band in high school in 2003.
They read my message!!!
.nosebleed.
I'd written it in English too, so am glad it came out right even after going through translation to Japanese, cos TGE's translation back to English reads almost exactly how I wrote it  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 1f602

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Steadystate wrote:
They read my message!!!
.nosebleed.

Congratulations!! 

.clap.

Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'd love if SCANDAL would cover "Sobakasu", I love that song. I imagine Tomo as the main singer. Hope they do a 2nd cover mini album someday...

Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:

•TOMO reads the first message from a listener from France. Before SCANDAL their favorite bands were U2, Oasis, Nirvana, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. They play guitar and have covered several SCANDAL songs, and also say that they can't wait for the livestream on the 21st. RINA says that it's nice to be connected in that way to other bands.

#front-page #catchup
That's me !!! they read my message !!  Thank you SCANDAL !!LOVE 

I sent my message in English and also translated into Japanese using Google Translate, just hoping there was no mistake or something weird in my little text.I decided to talk about my favorite bands before Scandal to match a segment of the show

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Bringing you an uncut review about the one-night-only livestream on 8/21!

Episode #25 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 Itt2N1l

HARUNA: For today's episode we decided to send out our excitement the way it is after our livestream the other day, and so we decided to record this after the show and are recording it on the very day [this episode is] due to be released.

RINA: We're recording it today, and it will also be released today, right?

HARUNA: So this will be an uncut episode. This is not a livestream but a radio stream.
(* A package arrives at their office...)

MAMI: A package came...

HARUNA: This also will be counted in the ep! We'll be delivering 25-minute single match.

MAMI: It kind of feels like we're in a hurry.

TOMOMI: Why is it supposed to be 25 minutes long?
(Staff: That's the usual episode length)

RINA: If we talk double that amount, will half of that be cut out?

HARUNA: Well then, here's the first song..."Ceramic Blue"
(*The song plays then and there)

RINA: Eh, does that song also count towards the episode time?? I never thought the songs would be streaming like this...

HARUNA: So, let's hear each of our own thoughts on the livestream...

MAMI: I was so nervous I could die...I thought that was the end of my life. There were dozens of cameras like when you record for a TV show, but this was for a live show. This was our first time experiencing the gap between live shows and TV recordings... I didn't know what kind of mentality I should have...but at any rate, it was a first for us.

TOMOMI: At any rate I felt happy. Although it was different from our usual shows, we've always lived our lives with shows at the center of them, so it felt just like we were dying during the time we weren't playing any. That's why it felt like it was connected to our lives.

RINA: I felt how great live shows are--or rather, that I lived my life while being supported by live shows. It made me happy to play some loud sounds after such a long time. Our whole team was united by that feeling of tension. That atmosphere was also unique, and I think that that distribution method was positively received.

HARUNA: Being able to stream our show as we looked at the comments made us feel connected to everyone's feelings.

TOMOMI: All of us looked at them a lot. We made eye contact.

RINA: We found a new way to play a show. It was a good opportunity. There were new merits as well, such as some camerawork that can't be done during a regular show.

HARUNA: I'm happy that it felt like SCANDAL was the biggest presence in the venue.

RINA: I'm happy we delivered our usual live performance with the same amount of passion.

TOMOMI: We didn't change the setlist either. Only the encore was changed.

RINA: I'm really happy with it.

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
RINA: [...] It made me happy to play some loud sounds after such a long time.

Being a percussionist living in an apartment is suffering.  .toj.

Last edited by confusedinupstatenewyork on Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : me no can 英語 good)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 25

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 GgrTMud
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 YP6LsBW

•The episode starts off with this.

•The band then read comments from listeners who sent in their thoughts about the livestream. HARU reads the first message from a listener whose first SCANDAL solo show they've watched was this one. They first saw SCANDAL at last year's COUNTDOWN JAPAN festival and didn't know much about them back then but are now hooked on them. They said that the band seemed like very quiet people compared to how good they are with chatting with one another on this radio program. The band laughs and RINA says that there's certainly a lot factors that would make them look cool. HARU says if you listen to their program, it does seem like there's a gap between how they are on stage and how they are on here. She also says that their solo shows comprise of more songs, which is why they don't talk that much. RINA says, "We've been found out." HARU laughs and says yes, but this fan's already hooked on them. TOMO says that they hope CDJ is able to held this year.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who watched with a senior from work who's also a fan. They list their favorite parts of the show/basically recap the whole thing, such as the lyrics for "Saishuuheiki, Kimi" and "Tonight" being overlaid on them + MAMI wearing a face shield, and also say that they'd love to hear the acoustic songs being played live in person one day. MAMI says that the visuals were pretty great, with the combination of clips and lighting + visuals being shown on the screen in back of them more than is usually done. HARU says that the band didn't know about the lyrics thing until after when they viewed the stream themselves. RINA says it's because they largely left things like that up to the staff. They say those effects were awesome. MAMI mentions that they practiced social distancing by wearing face shields during "SCANDAL BABY" to prevent droplet infection as they got closer to HARU. HARU says that their faces looked so smug in the pictures that were taken of that moment. RINA also mentions that their managers put the logo on the shields, and also mentions that the acoustic part of the set was the first time they've properly done one like that during a solo show. MAMI says that she and HARU have done performances like that before, but they've never really done it as a band before, and not really on tour either. TOMO mentions turning on the antique light gives it a feeling as if you're entering their room, and that it'd give off a different atmosphere if they had an audience there. It felt fresh not having an audience and having just the four of them there.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who says nice things about the stream such as feeling excited for the first time in forever seeing the silhouettes of the band as the lights fell and the intro music played, that they're happy to be a fan of SCANDAL who are able to play livestreams right now, and that they will buy as many CDs and merch of theirs as possible to try and help out the band right now. They also say that seeing RINA's set-up for playing the cajon was the first time they've seen a set-up like that, and ask her if it's common to play the play the cajon without sitting on it, or if it's something that RINA devised. The band first mentions how nice of a message this was. RINA then talks about the cajon set-up: it was placed on a snare stand so that she could sit upright in a drum chair while she played in. You usually play the cajon by sitting on it, but due to her outfit as well as the fact that she had herniated discs, she and the concert staff created this style of her playing like that to avoid putting strain on her lower back. This style, she says, is quite an original one comprised of everyone's ideas.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who also praises the stream, saying things like how they didn't just broadcast a regular live show but added things that were unique to it such as the effects used during "Saishuuheiki, Kimi," which made it feel like you were entering the world of the song. They thank the band for such an intense show and for delivering a wonderful time in a new way, and that they can't wait for the show next year at Osaka-Jo Hall. The band comments on how nice and supportive their fans are, and that even their staff and other artists speak highly of SCANDAL fans. RINA also mentions that her friend Seina who works at FEEDBACK tells her how great the fans that visit are. They say that they're proud of their fans. They also comment on the Osaka-Jo Hall show and say that it'll be their third time performing there (1st time - Wonderful Tonight in 2013, 2nd time - 360° in 2014). TOMO asks how long it's been since they last played there, and MAMI says it'll be seven years. RINA and HARU are surprised and go, "That long?" They then ask for everyone to come out to it.

•After "SPICE" plays, they say that this was one of the encore songs for the livestream, with the other one being "Living in the city," and that these songs hadn't been released when they were supposed to start their tour in March and therefore had not been planning to play these songs on it, but they decided to play it for the livestream as the songs were released during the five-month period they hadn't played any shows.

•They try to recap what they reviewed earlier about the livestream but forget exactly what they already talked about other than being nervous. RINA then mentions MAMI going wild during the intro for "A.M.D.K.J." The band laughs and MAMI apologizes. RINA says that it made things more interesting. MAMI says that she could see the comments from the fans, which was like an evaluation meeting happening in real time. HARU says while that watching the archived stream it was nice to see MAMI smiling during that time. MAMI goes, "I'm not just stoic, you know!" which the band laughs at. They say that the livestream was fun and thank everyone who watched it.

•At the very end they give a round of applause for making it to exactly the 25-minute mark and say how awesome that is.

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
RINA then mentions MAMI going wild during the intro for "A.M.D.K.J." The band laughs and MAMI apologizes. RINA says that it made things more interesting. MAMI says that she could see the comments from the fans, which was like an evaluation meeting happening in real time. HARU says while that watching the archived stream it was nice to see MAMI smiling during that time.

The chat window was definitely scrolling pretty fast with comments when that happened  .lol.

Back to top Go down
komochin

komochin

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

RINA then mentions MAMI going wild during the intro for "A.M.D.K.J." The band laughs and MAMI apologizes. RINA says that it made things more interesting. MAMI says that she could see the comments from the fans, which was like an evaluation meeting happening in real time. HARU says while that watching the archived stream it was nice to see MAMI smiling during that time. MAMI goes, "I'm not just stoic, you know!" which the band laughs at.

Mami making a mistake during A.M.D.K.J. was the highlight of the song for me and seeing her laughing about it during the stream made it 10x better.... now seeing all the members laugh about it too makes it 1000x better

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
You thanked this post! -

People who loves SCANDAL cover songs, can now play AMDKJ intro differently and come up with a few more versions.

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Her laugh was so genuine, you can't get mad at it.

They haven't played live for months, I think it's understandable.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

At what point is it considered as cheating? Their answer to a listener's question is...

Episode #26 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 CGhOncZ

HARUNA: We'll be taking our time introducing messages today. This is a continuation of our recent henteko (weird) project...

RINA: It was henteko.

MAMI: Continuing henteko...

HARUNA: Let's get right into relationship advice.

Ricchan

Hello, SCANDAL! I look forward to listening to every program♪ This time I'd like some relationship advice. I've been dating my boyfriend for six months. He's a Disney maniac--he really loves Disney and has an annual pass [to Disneyland]. I finally was got a ticket and was able to go to Disneyland, but unfortunately I couldn't go at the last minute because of my job. He then made plans to instead go with a good friend who's a girl (I realized this after seeing their messages on LINE), and the first thing I thought was, "Is this cheating?" However, he loves Disney and it seems that this girl has been his friend for a long time, and I thought that [my situation with my job] couldn't be helped. He expresses his love for me every day and is fine with letting his phone be looked through so I'm not worried about him cheating, but it does kind of bother me. SCANDAL, at what point do you think something is considered cheating??

HARUNA: I wouldn't like a boyfriend going to Disney with another girl...

RINA: Yeah... Guys and girls can totally be friends, all the more so if you've been friends for a long time, but shouldn't [the boyfriend] be more considerate of his girlfriend?

HARUNA: Yeah, he didn't tell her after all; she said that she saw [their messages].

RINA: Yeah, it's easy to imagine that it doesn't feel good. He's thinking, "It should be fine to invite another girl, right?"

HARUNA: I wonder if there are any guy friends who'd go to Disney with them.

RINA: There's always the option of going another time, right?

HARUNA: She was able to get a ticket for the first time in a while.

MAMI: Annual passes have some blackout dates when you can't go.

RINA: Would his love for Mickey or his love for Ricchan win?

MAMI: Isn't that another issue?

RINA: Isn't Mickey the one who will give him unconditional love forever? He and Ricchan met and starting dating, and if he doesn't cherish her even more and lets Mickey take priority, then that's not acceptable.

MAMI: Disney's that kind of place?

HARUNA: Yeah, it's a so-called "date spot" if guys and girls go together.

MAMI: So that means that even if you don't consider yourselves a couple it could seem that way to others, and it's like Mickey supports that?

RINA: Mickey will definitely think you're a couple. So when you ask him to take a photo with you guys, he'll basically cuddle up to you both.

All: (laughs)

RINA: Mickey's surprising.

MAMI: I see; Mickey's quite active in that regard. There's a chance Mickey might get the wrong idea.

HARUNA: Yeah, totally.

RINA: If he truly loves Mickey or Disney, he needs to think through things.

TOMOMI: If he had directly told Ricchan he was going with that girl, there could have been a different kind of misunderstanding.

RINA: It's a little fuzzy.

HARUNA: So, she asked us where the line for cheating would be drawn.

MAMI: Is this cheating?

TOMOMI: It depends on the relationship. If Ricchan knows the other girl and they get along well, it's not cheating at all. I'd be fine with it,

MAMI: Same here.

TOMOMI: But I can totally understand why people wouldn't like that.

HARUNA: I don't like that.

RINA: I think I might feel jealous.

HARUNA: It doesn't matter if they're good friends; I don't like that.

TOMOMI: I totally get that.

RINA: Not telling her the details and going with another girl feels like a step into cheating territory. If Ricchan's concerned, she should ask him about it.

MAMI: It is one step.

RINA: One step into cheating territory.

HARUNA: One foot into cheating territory.

RINA: One foot into cheating territory.

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Team Calm vs Team Kill

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I agree with Rina: guys and girls can be friends (but within limits), but the boyfriend should have been more considerate.  

You don't ask another girl to go somewhere when your girlfriend cancels out, especially if you have only been together for six months. Come on, buddy, this is simple dating 101 common sense territory. Unless there's something else going on that he's not admitting, it's not a step towards cheating, it is just insensitivity and stupidity.  If he can't figure that out afterwards, dump him.

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:Team Calm vs Team Kill

Guess no one is surprised that Team Chill is Dobondobondo and Team Kill is Almond Crush  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 1f602

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 26

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 OI3qbbJ
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 7 RRJqrxu

•The episode starts off with the band eating Meiji snacks. After "Laundry Laundry" plays, this happens next (also, every time they said "Mickey," it was bleeped out to prevent copyright problems and all that). The band concludes that Ricchan should talk things over with her boyfriend.

•After "Mabataki" plays, MAMI reads a message from a listener who says they're currently in a SCANDAL cover band that has two drummers. They also say that they previously wrote in saying that their favorite band before SCANDAL was X JAPAN, which prompted the band to think they were one of those older rock dudes. The listener says, "Actually, I'm 20 years old." The band is extremely surprised and goes, "Ehhh!??!" as well as,"We're so sorry!" [Note: X JAPAN has been around for almost 40 years, which is why they thought this fan was much older than 20] They also apologize to X JAPAN. MAMI then continues reading the message. The listener says they were in a light music club in high school but didn't have anyone who shared the same tastes as them, which is why they spent their entire time there not playing any songs that they were interested in. After they graduated they've been able to learn more and more SCANDAL songs and feel that the three years they spent practicing in high school helped them do so. They ask SCANDAL if what they experienced during their time at dance school is being utilized in their band activities. The band revisits the "older rock dudes" thing and apologizes again as they laugh. They go, "We're the worst!" TOMO says, "We're seriously the worst. Let's delete the older episodes!" RINA says that they're glad they got to correct this mistake. MAMI wonders how many people they've done this to as well, and RINA goes, "They're our victims," and say to send in a message if they've gotten something wrong about past listeners. They apologize once more.

•They then talk about the latter half of the listener's message and answer their question. MAMI says that there's a lot of things they learned at their dance school that they still use now. She talks about how dancers and bands feel the rhythm differs, and dancers usually count down using "5, 6, 7, 8." This countdown is what SCANDAL does before starting a song, rather than going, "1, 2, 3, 4." RINA says that they used to do that all the time when they played shows during their indie days, and how uncool that is. The band laughs and HARU says that no one said anything to them about that. TOMO says that since they were used to singing while dancing, they didn't find it that hard to sing and play an instrument at the same time when they were first starting out. RINA says that at the beginning they unconsciously cherished the way they showed themselves on stage, which probably stemmed from them watching themselves in the mirror as they danced. MAMI says that they would start with looks first before learning actions. RINA says that they would practice their performances in dance studios, which isn't something that most bands do. She also says that looking at themselves all the time certainly had an influence on how they show themselves on stage.

•TOMO reads the next message from a 16-year-old listener who has been playing guitar for three years now and has a dream to have people listen to his music, like how SCANDAL has people listen to their music. The reason for his dream is because of SCANDAL's song "Koe." He'll never forget the feeling of something stirring within them when he first heard the song. He knows that to express himself like SCANDAL will take a lot of effort, but with his songs he wants to give hope to those who had no dreams like he used to. He believes that it has enough worth to it that he'd spend his entire life doing so. As he's still in high school he doesn't fully understand all that's going on, but he will do his best. He also says that his favorite band before SCANDAL was Green Day, and that he hopes he can stand on the same stage as SCANDAL one day. The band is surprised that something like this was written by a 16 year old. They're impressed that he already has such a clear vision of his future, and that he already found a dream that he can devote his entire life to. They hope that his dream comes true.

•MAMI talks about "Koe" and that back then she didn't sing lead vocals on that many songs. It was decided that she'd sing this song after the producers, staff, and other members thought that she'd suit the song and were like, "What if MAMI sings it?" She says that it's grown into a song that makes many people a fan of SCANDAL's, which is something she couldn't have imagined being told back then. She also says that she doesn't really like the way she sings. HARU goes,"Really?" MAMI says yes, and back in dance school they always told her that her voice was too brusque. She then starts talking about the time when "Koe" was released, which she first thinks was six years ago. The others say that it was even before that. MAMI goes, "Eight years ago?! That's crazy." She continues by saying that she didn't really know what her singing style was back then but she just went for it. Everyone thought it was good, which made her feel confident in her singing, and even now it's still a very important song to her. HARU says, "You're probably going to play and sing it yourself soon, right?" MAMI says yes, and also says, "You have to do your best to sing one song alone. But they're letting me play quite a few songs so I'm like, 'What do I even do?'" She also says this whole thing is pretty unimaginable for her right now, and that when she thinks about how she'll have to do an MC alone, it's made her think of how great HARU is at doing it. She says that she'll do her best and the others say that they're cheering for her. TOMO circles back to how the listener said his previously favorite band was Green Day, and goes, "We have songs that sound like Green Day!"

•After "Tsuki" plays, RINA reads a message from a listener whose pen name is "Nonbiri Necklace to Kiiro Down (Laidback Necklace and Yellow Down)." TOMO goes, "That's such a great name!" and RINA goes, "I should put exactly that in some lyrics." For their past favorite artists before SCANDAL, they say that they grew apart from the other artists after they suddenly changed themselves and their surroundings, and they could not keep up with the magnitude of those changes. They think that they're able to keep up with SCANDAL because they change gradually, or perhaps because they put out things that are almost like hidden elements. Even if the band changes drastically in the future, they're so hooked on them that they're confident they wouldn't grow apart from them. They say to be assured that there is no "Life After SCANDAL" for them. The band laughs and says it's okay for there to be. They ask the band if there's anything that they think they'll love for the rest of their lives no matter what. RINA mentions that this listener did go into great detail about why they stopped liking their past favorite artists but they had to cut them out for the program.

•RINA also says that she does think that, as the listener wrote, SCANDAL truly does change little by little, though there are a lot of fans that couldn't keep up with the changes. Some fans have come back, and there are also those who like the change and are new fans, so she's glad that they have changed. HARU says that nowadays they're more able to show themselves naturally in the music as well as on stage, and that she wants things to keep being like this. RINA says that it's difficult to continue on unless you change, and that change truly is important, especially to continue on for 14 years. She says that the impact of making their major label debut in school uniforms was a really big thing, so there probably were people who were put off by that impression. She wants people to really see them for who they are right now, and she always thinks about how she wants to do things that'll make people say, "SCANDAL as they are right now are the best they've ever been." MAMI references something that (I think) the band SPITZ said, which is: "Things that change do not change." She says that the band enjoys change and hopes that their enjoyment is conveyed. HARU says that they've been together through their teens, 20s, and now 30s, and that change is inevitable as you get older. She hopes that it can be perceived as a matter of course. RINA says that it feels like they're playing music at their highest level.

•They then answer the question asked by the listener. HARU says that something she's been thinking recently is that she really does love dancing. RINA says that it came up in their daily convos that HARU was looking for a dance teacher, and RINA actually has an acquaintance who teaches private dance lessons and introduced HARU to them. HARU says that she had her first lesson the other day, which was a lot of fun. However, since she hasn't danced in 10 years, she couldn't really move the way she wanted to. She remembered that she used to be able to move more nimbly, and wished that she moved her body a little bit more--she felt like a dad at an athletic meet. However, she still wants to have a body that can move well as she gets older, especially for live shows. She mentions that after watching Nizi Project (which she mentioned here), she remembered just how much she loves dancing. She also says that even before the band, dancing was something that she's loved ever since she can remember. MAMI says that this dance teacher is actually an acquaintance of her older brother, who is also a dance teacher. He's from Nagoya and teaches there, and HARU's teacher is also from there. MAMI says that this connection surprised her. RINA mentions that the "Tonight" music video turned out to be one of HARU dancing solo. She also says that wanting to try things like this started after they established their "her" label, and that recently they've been able to be like, "Just go for it." She says that there was a time when they were worried about what rock fans would think about a band who also dances, but the band just simply thinks it's good to communicate in a way that expresses that they're doing everything that they can do. HARU says that since the band has continued for a long time, she can say it once more that she really does love dancing, and that there are things that are tough for musicians to say. RINA says she understands and that it's hard to put into words. HARU says that she's can confidently say [that she likes dancing].

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
"They're our victims"

Their only true victims are our wallets  .toj.

I have no problems being roasted for my age since I still get asked where my parents are whenever I'm flying alone at the airport  .lol.

Last edited by confusedinupstatenewyork on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to pick the right monkey)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.