Ratto Volante

Ratto Volante

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

The Italian listener, actually, is me. 

It was me you were thinking about?  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f609

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Ratto Volante wrote:The Italian listener, actually, is me. 

It was me you were thinking about?  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f609

haha ah! I was actually thinking of someone else with the same name as you, but that's great that you're also an SH member spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f44d

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Ratto Volante

Ratto Volante

Caless Student
Caless Student
By the way, Portofino is a small village (but very luxurious) close to the town were I live (Genoa), so I'm twice as happy  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f60d  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f60d  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f60d

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Ratto Volante wrote:By the way, Portofino is a small village (but very luxurious) close to the town were I live (Genoa), so I'm twice as happy  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f60d  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f60d  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f60d
Congrats on getting your message read!   spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f601 

Just looked up both places and they're so beautiful, envious of you~  
.wow.

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
You thanked this post! -

Thank you very much for the translation. That is so cool! They read my message LOVE . I tried to write in short, simple phrases. So that they don't have difficulties in google translation. Here is my complete message that Haru read:

"Hello SCANDAL band! I'm from Russia. I like a lot of Japanese music. And you are my favorite band from Japan. All your live performances very cool. I saw all your DVDs and I was at your live concert in Nagoya during the HONEY tour. Not many Japanese bands come to Russia with concerts, and usually its a male bands such as the GazettE, Dir en grey, Miyavi, etc, not a girls bands. Besides BABYMETAL who came in Russia for the first time in the beginning this year. I would like to see girls bands become more popular in the future. I hope COVID time will pass soon. And you continue your European tour and maybe come to us too. You work hard and even during the pandemic, you continued to release new songs and do events like the Worldwide livestream. Thank you, good luck! SCANDAL are the best!"

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

The new name of the radio program : SCANDAL Catch up supported by Scandal Heaven !  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f604 

I remember when they read my message few weeks ago, I was so happy to hear Tomomi saying my name, it's a great memory!

That's gives me the feeling to be closer to my favorite band even if I live so far from their country

Thanks TGE for all the translations !

Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Meph1766 wrote:"Hello SCANDAL band! I'm from Russia. I hope COVID time will pass soon. And you continue your European tour and maybe come to us too. 
A few years ago they were asked in an interview what country each would most like to visit, and MAMI said Russia. Another time she said people sometimes told her she looked sorta Russian.... So ya never know, удачи!

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

I think this is yet another SH member

I think every non-JP SCANDAL fan just winds up here eventually  .lol.

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 Sig10
Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

izzy wrote:The new name of the radio program : SCANDAL Catch up supported by Scandal Heaven !  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 1f604 

I remember when they read my message few weeks ago, I was so happy to hear Tomomi saying my name, it's a great memory!

That's gives me the feeling to be closer to my favorite band even if I live so far from their country

Thanks TGE for all the translations !
I agree, have the same feelings. And even more I think they are happy too, people from all over the world write to them.

etwee wrote:
Meph1766 wrote:"Hello SCANDAL band! I'm from Russia. I hope COVID time will pass soon. And you continue your European tour and maybe come to us too. 
A few years ago they were asked in an interview what country each would most like to visit, and MAMI said Russia. Another time she said people sometimes told her she looked sorta Russian.... So ya never know, удачи!
I heard this fact, but I never thought about it seriously. But now my hope is a little greater than before, after this letter. Thank you, спасибо!

confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:
I think this is yet another SH member

I think every non-JP SCANDAL fan just winds up here eventually  .lol.
It's true. When you searching something about SCANDAL in the web, links often lead here. But not all are registered at once. I went here for a long time without registration, just reading some news.

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

What advice do they give a teenager who agonizes over a faint love noticed in hindsight?

Episode #32 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 KunmhiP

HARUNA: We'll start from love advice today.

TOMOMI: I'll read the first message.

Michelin Seven-Spotted Ladybug

I am a male 20-year-old second-year college student.
I am working as a part-time cram school teacher, and this spring a girl who is one year younger in age and grade joined. She always responds with a lovely smile to both students and teachers. It wasn't love at first sight, but when I invited her out to eat because I wanted to get to know her, she seemed to be enthuastic about it, the conversation went well, and we decided on going out on a small date.
While looking forward to that day, the other day she told me, "I now have a boyfriend," and our plans got canceled. It surprised me since she seemed to be looking forward to it when we were talking to each other. Trying to give her my best adult-like response, I told her to not worry about it.
However, I've been thinking about her more ever since then, and I keep thinking, "What would have happened if we made plans earlier?", and, "Why do I like her?" Right now, as I'm feeling these things for the first time, I can't concentrate on my college lessons and assignments relentlessly falling down on me. Should I just convey my feelings to her? Or should I keep these things to myself?

RINA: I seeー

TOMOMI: That's so sad.

RINA: I'm not sure. I wonder if he should say it despite what their relationship could turn out to be.

HARUNA: If they really are able to give a mature response, I think it's better if he doesn't say it for the sake of the girl...

RINA: She might get baffled. Like, "I didn't mean it like that..."

HARUNA: Yeah, like, "I wanted us to be friends..."

TOMOMI: Considering that they're both going to continue working at the same part-time job, things might go more smoothly if he doesn't say anything--or rather, she'll be able to spend her time without worrying about anything... I don't know what he should do.

MAMI: I think he should say it while laughing... If he can't, he won't be able to honestly support her. When a little more time passes and he can tell her that he liked her back then, she could be like, "Oh, really?" and things can end on that note.

HARUNA: Should he tell her now?

MAMI: Isn't it better if he doesn't tell her now?

TOMOMI: Doesn't it depend on how he feels about her in the future? If he keeps falling more in love with her, he can convey his feelings. It's not like they'd be getting married. He likes her, and it could make him happier. However, if it ends with him thinking this experience was a good memory, it would be easier for the girl to interact with him if she isn't told anything.

RINA: It may be possible for them to have a good relationship without incident. He should recheck his feelings for himself.

HARUNA: That's true.

RINA: If it's not something that can be put up with, then try conveying things to her.

HARUNA: He should let things be for the moment.

RINA: He should organize his thoughts.

MAMI: Things could change over time.

HARUNA: It's because he's fired up right now and also has too many regrets.

RINA: Try to sort things out right now. If you can't hold back, then just go.

MAMI: Spill the beans.

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
As they said in ACD: "Just keep those feelings inside until you die, like a normal person!"

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 Sig10
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 32

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 FkKifXk
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 61zLN16

•The episode starts out with the band eating snacks as usual. HARU tells TOMO to pick the first song to play, which surprises TOMO. She goes, "So then...give this a listen...uh......'Tonight'!"

•After "Tonight" plays, HARU reads a message from Ricchan, who is writing in to give them a follow-up to her previous message. She got up the courage to ask her boyfriend about the girl he went to Disneyland with, and it turns out that the girl is his cousin. She had him show her a photo and she was relieved that he was telling her the truth. She also had him listen to that episode and he laughed at all of the beeps, and also regretted not having considered Mickey's feelings. The band laughs and RINA goes "What a great boyfriend." She says that they've decided to go to Disneyland at the end of October, and thanks SCANDAL for giving her courage. The band is glad to hear about this. RINA says that it really is important to ask about the things that you're uncomfortable with since things can be misconstrued. MAMI says that it's great that they listened to the episode together and laughed about it. RINA says that it feels like people are sending in messages that detail their flirting/bragging about their love lives. The band laughs and TOMO says that they want people to brag about that.

This happens next.

•After "Tsuki" plays, RINA reads the next message from a listener who passed the teacher employment exam and will be a middle school teacher next spring (All: "Hey! Teacher!" - HARU: "It's been a while since we've done that!"). The teacher is writing in for love advice. She met a [Japanese] guy while doing educational volunteering at an elementary school in Cambodia last December, and although they're not dating she finds him to be a great person. They live far apart--she lives in Kanagawa Prefecture while he lives in Aichi Prefecture (about 4 hours away by car). Also, she says, since he became a middle school teacher this year, he's busy on weekends too and cannot make plans to meet-up. They also communicate about once per day. She misses him and wants to call him, but considering how busy he is and she doesn't want to be a burden to him, she can't honestly tell him her feelings. She's hoping they can continue to have a good relationship through daily exchanges since they can't often see each other in person, but she doesn't know what she should do. She asks the band if they've had experiences like hers and also asks for advice. RINA says that since they contact each other once per day it sounds like they seem to have a good relationship. HARU says it sounds like she wants to go out with him, which the band agrees with. RINA says that he might not notice if she doesn't say anything about it, and HARU says that due to that it's possible that he's okay with how things are right now. HARU says that it's possible he's a little slow on the uptake when it comes to love, so maybe the listener should tell him how she feels. TOMO says that it seems like Kanagawa and Aichi are far apart, but they're actually very close: It takes about 2 hours by shinkansen, 4 hours by car, and you can also take a bus. The band says she should ask about his schedule and see if there's a day when they can meet up. HARU says she should be try being assertive. MAMI says that since they'll both be middle school teachers, that could be a kind of reason to meet up. RINA says that that that's a strong common topic that they have. MAMI says that she could ask him for advice in preparation for when she starts her job next spring. RINA agrees and says try going for an approach of wanting to ask for advice.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who, as a child, used to often listen to THE ALFEE and GLAY due to his mother's influence. They're writing this message because they've recently thought that SCANDAL, THE ALFEE, and GLAY are similar to each other. They say that all of the members are unique and close friends among their own bands, and their music is mainly rock but they also do pop songs, ballads, acoustic songs, etc. that are memorable. HARU says that she kind of understands that, and RINA says that the conversations between the bands' own members are playful and fun. TOMO says that SCANDAL hasn't changed out any members (unlike the other bands mentioned). HARU says that it's because of this relationship they have that they can be a band without changing out members. RINA says what they've often said before: If they didn't have the members they do now, they wouldn't be SCANDAL. MAMI mentions that all members of THE ALFEE sing lead vocals, which is similar to SCANDAL. They say that it's an honor for them to be considered similar to those bands. RINA talks about when she performed as a guest drummer for GLAY's drummer TOSHI's anniversary. When she rehearsed with GLAY, they rehearsed songs of theirs that RINA says they must have performed hundreds or thousands of times at that point, but they would be like, "Let's do it one more time! RINA-chan, are you doing okay?" and says how such nice people they are. HARU mentions that both they and GLAY performed at DREAM FESTIVAL last year, and guitarist Takuro talked to them at the end when all of the artists went on stage.

•The band closes out the episode by talking about how they read a lot of love advice messages today. They say they were glad to hear about the continuation of Ricchan's story. TOMO says that the whole thing sounds like a development in a romcom with the revelation of the girl being the boyfriend's cousin. MAMI says that it sounds like it could be part of a Korean drama storyline.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

it turns out that the girl is his cousin

[laughs in Greek Mythology]

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
and it turns out that the girl is his cousin. 
Don't sure what the laws are in Japan, but in many countries marriage between cousins is allowed...

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Yes you can marry a cousin in the UK.

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Meph1766 wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
and it turns out that the girl is his cousin. 
Don't sure what the laws are in Japan, but in many countries marriage between cousins is allowed...
I think it's frowned on in Japan nowadays, but the new prime minister is married to his first cousin. I'd imagine that's kinda notorious... anyway it looks like the BF's explanation was good enough for her and it was good enough for the members. (Law or no law, I'd never think of my cousin that way...)

Last edited by etwee on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Why is it about animals...? Taking on an animal-themed quiz while being puzzled

Episode #33 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 R3YS765

HARUNA: About "SCANDAL Catch up"...
In Japanese it means "Saikin, dou? (What's been going on lately?)", and there's also...
"Saikin, doubutsu dou? (What's been going on with animals lately?)"

TOMOMI: What? What's the angle?

RINA: It sounds weird in Japanese too...

HARUNA: I mean, that's what's written on the script...

MAMI: Well, that's what written...

HARUNA: A new project will be adapted from "Saikin, doubutsu dou?"

MAMI: Oh...

HARUNA: It's titled, "Quiz! Animal SCANDAL!"

TOMOMI: I don't understand...

HARUNA: They just made me say it.

MAMI: "Saikin, doubutsu dou?" is new, first of all. What's this "adapted from" about?
Also, it's a new project. Wouldn't there be too many elements to it?

RINA: This radio program is hosted by musicians. What demographic are we targeting?

HARUNA: No idea...

RINA: It means "An animal-related quiz taken by musicians," right?

TOMOMI: Don't we have too many quizzes?

HARUNA: We couldn't really answer the previous quiz...

RINA: If it's about animals, we might still be able to answer...

HARUNA: I think it's good to have a warm-hearted project like this sometimes.

TOMOMI: It's gotten colder too...

(Regardless of whether it's getting colder or not, this is a new project that involves a quiz about scandals involving animals.)

HARUNA: This is about scandals involving animals worldwide.

RINA: What? Is that really a thing?

HARUNA: At any rate, it seems like this quiz is about animal-related scandals.

TOMOMI: Eh, what does that mean?

RINA: Are animals also targeted by tabloids?

HARUNA: What is this written here... Before the quiz starts, introduce yourselves...?

HARUNA: Best regards, everyone! This is SCANDAL's vocalist Panda,

TOMOMI: Bassist Tokage (lizard),

MAMI: Guitarist Mantohihi (hamadryas baboon),

RINA: And drummer Risu (squirrel).

HARUNA: I don't get it...

RINA: This is kind of weird...

HARUNA: Let's just get on it with! Let's try it out!
Here's the first question!

Q. A quiz question from Georgia, USA!

A sheriff's deputy unexpectedly fought a fierce battle with a goat in their patrol car. What happened inside of the patrol car?

TOMOMI: Is it not multiple choice?

MAMI: Isn't this a riddle?

RINA: Did this really happen?

HARUNA: Yes, it really did.

TOMOMI: I know! The goat unlocked the car and went in!

RINA: Isn't it already in the car...?

TOMOMI: I suppose so...

RINA: The goat was about to give birth (*Bzzt)

TOMOMI: The goat was about to drive the car (*Bzzt)

TOMOMI: It was actually about to escape (*Bzzt)

MAMI: It almost ate the sheriff's clothes... (*Ah, that's close)

MAMI: Eh? It's close?

HARUNA: It ate something, perhaps.

RINA: Um, it started eating police documents (*Ding-dong)

All: Ohー!

RINA: That's a problem...

HARUNA: Well, it's a goat after all.

MAMI: Does that mean that it was in the car?

TOMOMI: Why was it in it?

HARUNA: Why was the goat in a patrol car?

(Staff: There's a video)

TOMOMI: Even though this is a radio show!

Here's a link to the story about the goat: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/goat-takes-police-car_n_5f5722f6c5b6578026d26ad4

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
HARUNA: Best regards, everyone! This is SCANDAL's vocalist Panda,

TOMOMI: Bassist Tokage (lizard),

MAMI: Guitarist Mantohihi (hamadryas baboon),

RINA: And drummer Risu (squirrel).
This is probably the most fun episode. Looking forward what will happened next

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 33

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 BFY2gFL
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 GU31NA0

•The episode starts out with this. They then watch the video of the goat and are surprised at how big the goat is. After the video plays, they say that it was kind of heart-warming. Their staff tells them this happened recently, and the band is surprised at how they were able to find this kind of video. RINA asks the staff what keywords fans should search for in order to find it, and they say "US - patrol car - goat" (which is the text on the board that MAMI is holding in the photo at the top of this post).

•HARU then asks the second question which relates to something that happened in the Philippines.

Q. When Christine Amurao woke up in the morning, she noticed that the room was different from usual. The floor was dyed bright red like blood. As soon as she jumped up in surprise, she searched for her dogs Toffy, Sparkle, and Sushi. When she found them in her makeup room, they were also bright red. What had happened?

The band pauses and is unsure. HARU says that she feels like she's seen this news item before. MAMI tries answering and guesses that they ate lipstick, which the staff says is the correct answer. They're confused as to the dogs would be dyed red by eating lipstick, and they're given the details: The dogs got into a plastic bag that contained colorant powder for lip tint and scrub (you can read about the story here). They look at the photos and go, "Eh, that's so scary!" RINA says, "Isn't that super Instagrammable? It's like a pink filter." They think it's cute but must have been a pain to clean up. They also wonder if the dogs are pretty much dyed this color now as they're dogs with white fur. RINA wonders what kind of dogs they are, and HARU guesses they're Shih Tzus. The keywords that they give that fans can search with are "Philippines - pink - dogs."

•They move on to the last question which is related to Japan.

Q. Winners of the Ig Nobel Prize, which is a parody of the Nobel Prize and is awarded for unique research, were announced. The Acoustics Prize was given to a researcher at Kyoto University studying the mechanics of animal vocalizations had an animal inhale helium gas. What is that animal?

RINA says that she thinks she's seen this before. HARU says, "It can't be birds, can it?" RINA thinks that this happened recently and that she did see it, but she can't remember the details. MAMI guesses that it's a myna bird (*Bzzt), then guesses an elephant (*Bzzt). TOMO says that it's most likely an animal with a low voice, which is why they gave it helium, and then guesses a gorilla (*Bzzt). HARU guesses a lion (*Bzzt). MAMI guesses a fur seal (*Bzzt). TOMO guesses an earless seal (*Bzzt). HARU asks if it's related to marine animals, which the staff says yes to. She then guesses a dolphin (*Bzzt). She asks if it can be found in the ocean, which the staff says no to. TOMO says, "It's not related to the ocean, but it's related to marine animals?" MAMI guesses a hippo (*Bzzt). TOMO guesses an otter (*Bzzt). MAMI guesses a penguin (*Bzzt). RINA says that she feels that it's an animal that you can't really picture vocalizing. Out of what the band has guessed so far, the staff tells them that the answer is closest to a hippo. MAMI guesses a sea lion (*Bzzt). HARU guesses a capybara (*Bzzt). MAMI guesses a polar bear (*Bzzt). TOMO guesses a rhino (*Bzzt). The staff tells them that it lives on both land and water. TOMO guesses a frog (*Bzzt). MAMI guesses a duck (*Bzzt). TOMO guesses a turtle (*Bzzt). MAMI guesses a flamingo (*Bzzt), and then guesses an alligator. There's a long pause, which the band guesses is because an alligator is the correct answer, and it is (link to that story).

•The band claps and are surprised that it's an alligator, and says that it's true they don't really picture it vocalizing. HARU reads an article about it and RINA says that she did learn about this before, and that it's frustrating she didn't get the correct answer. TOMO and HARU both want to see a video of it to confirm, and they are shown the video. They comment that the alligator's vocalizations got higher just like what happens to humans. RINA laughs and says that this quiz was surprisingly a lot of fun, which the rest agree with.

•The band then closes out the episode. HARU says that they'd probably be up for another Animal SCANDAL quiz again, and also says that they welcome messages from listeners who tell them about recent scandals involving their own pets. TOMO says that it might be hard for people to understand "scandals" (due to it being the same word as their band name). HARU says that this has been problematic ever since they had their major label debut, and that they're quite often told things like, "Please tell us about the recent scandals in the name of the band SCANDAL." TOMO says they should ask the comedian BAKARHYTHM how they could avoid things like that [Note: This could be what she's referring to but I'm not completely sure lol]. RINA agrees that saying things like "We're accepting scandals" sounds weird. The band says that a pet-related episode sounds interesting and would like people to send in messages related to that.

Back to top Go down
YoNaZ

YoNaZ

Caless Student
Caless Student
Lol, I need more "Saikin, doubutsu dou?".

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

What is SCANDAL's stance on songs that do not change with age?

Episode #34 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 MfJmoC2

HARUNA: We'll be reading a lot of messages today. Let's get to it...

Piarin

Thank you for always making this a fun program.
The other day, I learned on a TV program that the word "logihara" ("logical harassment") is prevalent. It essentially means "the act of 'cornering and chasing someone down with a logical argument.'" When I heard about that, the first thing that came to mind was the lyrics for "Sisters" and the line "Don't let [logical] arguments upset you." I hadn't able to understand that part ever since that song came out, but now I understand that it means to not give in to "logihara." If that is what it means, then you guys were ahead of the times (That's awesome!). Or did TOMOMI mean something else by it? Please tell us.

RINA: I see...
Now that you mention it, that could also be a part of it. I, RINA, am the one who wrote the lyrics... and aren't there times when you're told "That's a fair argument" when you know you're right, and you get irritated at yourself?
Times like those are when you should be able to control your anger, which is what I strongly thought back then. That's what my intent was when I wrote that, but when considering it in this era... There are times when that logic is correct, and there are times when you're like, "Isn't it better to update that way of thinking?" In that sense...you could say we were ahead of the times.

HARUNA: That's not limited to certain periods of time. But this kind of thing has been getting more attention recently.

TOMOMI: It's been around for a long time; it just has another name to it now.

HARUNA: It used to be pretty difficult to say if you didn't like something... Or rather, it's now considered a problem due to it being possible to assert one's own opinions via the spread of social media.

RINA: Couldn't it also be considered a generational gap?

HARUNA: It's possible.

TOMOMI: But that message...they're quite the SCANDAL fan. That makes me happy.

MAMI: Yeah, me too.

HARUNA: But it's easy to look ahead of the times...

TOMOMI: A premature theory.

MAMI: They might happen once in a while...

TOMOMI: What do we think about what we say...

HARUNA: We're not really looking ahead of the times. There are times when things that we've always thought happen to fit better in the present, which can be convincing. That happens a lot.

MAMI: If there's something that we're thinking about that we think everyone else will be thinking about as well in 5, 10 years, then we decide to say it.

RINA: Essentially, the style of the band SCANDAL is for the four of us to properly affirm all sorts of things from all sorts of aspects, so our songs naturally turn out like so. Our values rapidly change because we've been a band since we were kids, and we may think differently about things we've said in the past, but we truly do want to affirm everything like that and find a good place. However, our stance of having our own opinions hasn't changed... "Sisters" might be packed full of that.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 34

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 D2Rank6
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 NttHpvh

•The episode starts out with this.

•TOMOMI reads the next message from a fan whose favorite band before SCANDAL was THE MODS, and they say that both bands are similar in many ways (mindset, live performances, etc.). They also say they used to be a strawberry farmer for 14 years, but last year they changed careers, all the while having SCANDAL songs supporting them, and they now drive a truck called a "live fish car" that transports live fish, all the while listening to "Catch up." They say they'll keep looking forward to seeing the latest versions of SCANDAL who are free and not afraid of change. The band says that this is the first time they've heard of a "live fish car." MAMI looks up a picture of these cars and they're all surprised at how large they are. TOMO says it makes her happy about how the listener says they listen to "Catch up" while driving one of these. They comment on how the listener was in their previous profession for 14 years, which is pretty much the same as for SCANDAL.

•Before they read the next message, HARU goes, "What? Is this one from another strawberry farmer?" and asks if they're related to the previous listener. The band is confused, and RINA says she'll read the message first to see. The listener is 28 years old and has been running a farm for the past seven years, but they say nothing's going well. They love their fields, but considering their age they feel anxious and impatient like they need to produce results soon, which makes them reluctant to go to the fields. They ask SCANDAL, who plays music for a living and have made their dreams come true, for advice. MAMI wonders what happened, and RINA says that the listener didn't give particulars. TOMO says that they said they love their fields, so she wonders if they raise vegetables. She says that she knows how hard it is to do that as she's raised some on her balcony, although some varieties didn't do very well. MAMI says that when she went pear picking she first tried looking for places to do so, which there were actually very few of. RINA says that the listener is close in age to the band, and that it's true that you feel more impatient as you age. HARU says that you can feel rushed right before turning 30. RINA mentions that an old hometown friend of hers recently LINE'd her (she talks about it here as well) and talked about stuff like if she's truly happy in her current job and with her current boyfriend. This gave RINA the impression that her friend really feels rushed. RINA says that since the other band members are now in their 30s, she knows that nothing really changes when you hit 30. She says that it's an anxiousness that everyone feels, so you shouldn't think too much about it. HARU agrees and says that you'll probably realize that it's no big deal. TOMO mentions that there was a company who makes wooden planters that was talked about in the news the previous day. This company was confident of their product yet hadn't sold a single one. They then changed their way of thinking and started offering it as a bed for cats, which made it sell really well (you can read more about the story here). TOMO says that it became a hit after just a bit of change in thinking. She then says that it's possible that a hit could be born from a small idea without having to really change something you've always loved doing. The band suggests that the listener start by thinking if farming truly is something enjoyable for them do.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who's 15 years old and is asking them for love advice. The listener is bi and has a crush on a same-sex senior who's three years older than them. They agreed to hang out when COVID clears up, but the listener get nervous when they're around them and can't speak properly. They ask SCANDAL for topics they can easily talk about. TOMO goes, "They're 15?! That means they were one years old when the band formed?!" The band is surprised by that. HARU wonders if they learned about SCANDAL recently, and RINA wonders what made them a fan. They go back to the listener's question and wonder what topics they could talk about. HARU says that three-year age gap is like the gap between her and RINA, and there's quite a few generational gaps between them, and bridging them is a little difficult. RINA agrees and says that she can feel the gap and considers HARU to be like an older sister. TOMO says that HARU was the only grown up in the band when they first formed. HARU says that she was in her third year of high school/12th grade and RINA was in her third year of middle school/9th grade. MAMI says that she and TOMO were in their first year of high school/10th grade, so a third-year high schooler seemed quite a bit older to them. RINA says that it made HARU seem really cool. TOMO says HARU was really composed while they rest were really loud. The band laughs and HARU agrees that they were loud and she was like, "I don't get them!" Going back to the listener's question, RINA says that they could talk about what they want to do for when they hang out. They could prepare some options, LINE the senior about it, and they could look at sites and stuff together to plan it out. HARU says that the senior would probably be happy about being relied on and it could give them a chance show off their knowledge, and also that it'd probably make them happy to see the listener being so proactive. For topics they could talk about, MAMI says that since they're both girls they could talk about things like clothes and makeup. She also says they could ask the senior more about herself, such as her likes or where she wants to go or eat. RINA says that they could start by asking about their own favorite things, like SCANDAL, and the conversation could go from there. HARU says that the listener shouldn't try acting like all grown up-like because then they could start worrying about what topics to bring up--they just need to keep things simple. The band agrees and says to just be yourself. RINA says to send in follow-up message once they've hung out.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener whose name I recognize from a previous episode (Nonbiri Necklace to Kiiro Down [Laidback Necklace and Yellow Down]), though the band doesn't seem to recognize it. The listener says that her spice in life are her five female seniors, with four of them being the four members of SCANDAL. As the listener's seniors in life, their ways of living and thinking always motivates her, and their live shows are always spicy. She says the other person is a wonderful person she met after becoming a member of society, and whom she fell in love with--both as a person and romantically--as she got to know them. Up until then she had only dated and liked the opposite sex, so the pain of a love she can't give up on that expanded her world is her ongoing spice. Even if one day she naturally starts like other people of the opposite sex, she's sure this will always be the spice of her life. The band confers with each other that they're not dating, but possibly on the verge of dating/the listener hasn't told them her feelings yet as it seems like she recently realized she likes the person. RINA says that it doesn't sound like she's confused about her feelings; she just realized what they were. HARU says that the listener also says she knows that this is also a difficult situation. RINA says that LGBTQ topics have started to flow more normally, although she thinks that if you were to ask how many people there are that have a complete understanding of these topics, there still needs to be an increase in those numbers. She says that no matter what you're told or if you get hurt, she wants everyone to live their lives while valuing themselves. She recently realized that in doing the band's activities that she too is doing that as she's writing music. All kinds of people listen to and watch them, so she wants to make music from all different viewpoints. She also mentions that she went to an all-girls school, and when a girl confessed to her she didn't think too much of it due to the environment they were in; she was grateful and it made her happy that it happened. TOMO says that in recent elections [in Japan] there have been a lot of people running who are understanding of LGBT people and topics, which prompts her to say that the future's looking very bright as there was a time when this wasn't talked about. RINA says that there can be times when people can go about their entire lives not realizing something unless they're told about it, which is why it's a really positive thing that they can talk about these topics on this program. HARU says that liking someone means that they're the person you want to learn the most about, and MAMI says that that's a very natural thing. The band hopes that things go well and that it'd be nice if the listener confessed their feelings, and if the person understands those feelings. RINA asks the listener to write in again if there are any developments.

•The band then closes out the episode and mentions how a lot of people wrote in about the same kind of topics. RINA says this year has been hard in many ways for everyone, and that all of humanity is trying to get through this year. They also talk about how their ways of thinking have completely changed this year, and how they never really thought that much about themselves before. TOMO says that this sounds like a conversation that should be held at the end of the year. The band laughs and says that it's a little early. RINA says that they'll keep making this a lively program.

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Rina gave a shout-out to the LGBTQ community in this VLOG of hers, but as far as I know this is the first time the rest of the band has talked about LGBTQ matters at all, let alone voiced support for it (Koisuru Universe doesn't count). 

They've very open and compassionate people. Couldn't be more proud to be their fan at this point.

Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Steadystate wrote:(Koisuru Universe doesn't count). 
Got to be proud of each and all the members in so many ways! 
I felt like that their openness was there all along, expressed in lyrics like Space Ranger and Standard. But now the members are talking more clearly about these feelings and ideas. Maybe it's because they're older, maybe it's because they're more in control.
(It seems to me that at least in this era, the standard in Japan has been—for individuals not to voice political and cultural opinions directly in public.)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Three requests in a row for love advice from listeners of the same generation as SCANDAL!

Episode #35 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 9 DZmzTsY

SCANDAL celebrated the 12th anniversary of their major label debut...
And on this day they read many messages after holding a small celebration.
There were three requests in a row for love advice.

Gohan
I'm almost 28 and have never had a boyfriend.
They've almost always ended as crushes...but I've started to want to get married, and I am wondering what to do. There was someone whom I was interested in; we talked over social media for about a year, and recently we finally went out to eat! It was fun and I had an easy time conversing〜, but I don't know what I should do now. I'd like to go out to eat again, but I'm the one who's always reaching out. I wonder if I should wait... Please give me some advice!

DAI
I'm turning 27 this year and have never had a girlfriend (I've also never been on a date). I rarely had any romantic feelings when I was a student, but after becoming a member of society I felt like I should fall in love with someone... How can I get a girlfriend, and how can I get someone to like me before that?

Kuuchan
I am 27 and don't have a boyfriend.
I don't meet people often, and I use dating apps. However, I've been canceled on at the last minute, and rarely do conversations last long. The person I'm planning to meet soon had something that came up suddenly and said, "Can we meet up on another day?", but when someone cancels on you before meeting for the first time, you don't feel like trying to meet with them again. Should I still meet with them? My past relationships were full of problems and I feel I might start hating myself. When things are going bad, how do you get past them?

HARUNA: I see.

RINA: Everyone's worried about this...

MAMI: They're all in their later 20s.

HARUNA: That's when you're most troubled, especially for women who are almost 30... This is when you think about your career, love, what kind of person you should be.

RINA: Yeah. You're vaguely wondering what the future will be like. But I really don't think that you don't have to feel that impatient about not having a partner at these ages. The speed at which you fall in love is incomparable to other people. It's never too late, and you might often be worried when you see things going well for those around you, but it's not strange to not have a partner. It's completely normal.

TOMOMI: My good friend recently got a boyfriend who's 30, and this is his first relationship. My friend made him dinner as his first girlfriend. That alone makes me want to cry.

All: That's so nice!

TOMOMI: It's so pure. Just talking about that makes me really happy. He's 30, and that goes to show you you don't know when you'll find that kind of happiness.

RINA: He's amassing happy experiences for the first time.

MAMI: Everything's fresh, and they both can enjoy this.

RINA: It's all about timing.

HARUNA: We don't recommend forcing yourself to go out and date, though.

MAMI: My friend also used dating apps to look for people to meet up with--rather, they really love ramen, and they're looking for someone to go out to eat ramen with. People can react to things like, "Is there someone that can go to this place with me today?", and rather than looking for someone to date, it's also a tool for people with the same hobbies to get together and for finding friends. You don't need to use it to look for a boyfriend. I think it's okay to use it to find a friend you get along with. That friend of mine calls it a "ramen app" rather than a "dating app."

All: (laughs)

TOMOMI: It's not a ramen app, you know.

HARUNA: Is she able to find a lot of peole?

MAMI: Not at all, it seems like. My friend loves Nakamoto's spicy ramen, so there are Nakamoto lovers that meet up and go eat ramen; and there are people who are only interested in ramen. There are all types.

HARUNA: That sounds fun, meeting people with the same interests.

RINA: It's also laidback.

TOMOMI: I see; it's fun just conversing.

MAMI: You don't have to think that you need to find [a partner] right now.

RINA: It's often said that love is a game, but I often wonder if that's actually true. I don't think it's more likely that you'll be successful if you act more honestly, like calling when you want to talk... I think the success rate is higher when you're attracted to the girl. I'd want them to act as they want.

MAMI: Gohan-san said in their message that they're the only one reaching out, and I don't think that's something to be embarrassed by; it's okay to be proactive.

HARUNA: It's okay to let it be known that they like the other person.

RINA: I think that's good. Appeal to them.

TOMOMI: DAI-san said that they can't find someone that they like...

HARUNA: Someone they like... It might be due to timing and intuition.

MAMI: Things get narrowed down when you search for them. At this age it's hard to talk about yourself, so if you're interested in someone you should try talking to them. You start from there.

RINA: Conversation will come out naturally.

HARUNA: If you have a hobby or something that you devote yourself to, there may be people who you naturally get along with.

RINA: This might the time to focus on yourself.

HARUNA: That could be true.

RINA: Do a lot of things you like, and spend time becoming more fascinating as a person...

MAMI: That'd be nice.

TOMOMI: That's what we think.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.