Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (6 votes)

A new segment created from listeners' messages: "I see - The Catch up"

Episode #27 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 TaP2jiX

HARUNA: We have a new segment created from listeners' messages: "I see - The Catch up"!

RINA: HARU looks really happy.

HARUNA: Yeah...it's going to be fun.

MAMI: Are there going to be tricks in this quiz too?

HARUNA: ...I don't think so. I'll be giving the quiz, but I don't know the answers. Let's solve them together.

MAMI: I see.

TOMOMI: I see.

RINA: All we're saying is "I see"!

MAMI: Ah...

HARUNA: I mean, that's ripped straight from the title...

TOMOMI: That's right.

RINA: That's basically our program.

HARUNA: So, we will be bringing you world news and countries' characteristics in the form of a quiz.
Let's get to it.
Before that, let's read a message. This is from someone in Argentina!

Jony (Argentina)

Congrats on your 14th anniversary! And your concert as well! I'm an Argentinian and live in Buenos Aires. Could you give me some love advice? It's about a love that could never happen. I'm in love with that person, but dating them is impossible. I no longer want to date anyone else. So, my beloved Timo-chan, it's better if you reject my confession. I love you, Timo-chan!!! SCANDAL is the best!!!

TOMOMI: Thanks...

MAMI: They love TOMO-chan but since they can't date her, they no longer want to date anyone else?

TOMOMI: It's better to reject themー. It's difficult to go on a date in Argentina, especially now.

HARUNA: It's not really possible to go there right now. They said, "It's better if you reject my confession."

TOMOMI: Then I reject it... I appreciate the sentiment. We get quite a lot of messages asking us to come to Argentina. We've been wanting to go there someday.

HARUNA: As this message came from Argentina, a question about Argentina will be asked.

"What is the name of the chorizo sandwiched between crispy bread, which is said to be the national dish of Argentina, a country that loves meat?"

TOMOMI: Eh, hot dogs? (*Bzzt [wrong answer])
Chorizo means a spicy sausage, right?

HARUNA: Eh, is the answer hidden in the question??
"What is the name of the chorizo sandwiched between crispy bread, which is said to be the national dish of Argentina, a country that loves meat?"

MAMI: Is it "The chorizo is sandwiched between crispy bread," or is it "The chorizo is grilled until it's crispy, and then sandwiched between bread"?

TOMOMI: The bread is crispy (カリッと; karrito), so "karitto"! (*Bzzt)

MAMI: Karitto pan (パン; bread)! (*Bzzt)

TOMOMI: Choritto! (*Bzzt)

RINA: Argentinian sandwich"! (*Bzzt)

TOMOMI: Chorizo pan! Pan chorizo! (*Bzzt)

HARUNA: Chorizo bread (*Bzzt)

RINA: It's not "Argentinian chorizo"? (*Bzzt)
Chorizo Argentinian! (*Bzzt) Is it close to "chorizo pan"?

TOMOMI: Chorizo hard pan (*Bzzt)

RINA: Chorizo sandwich? (*Bzzt)
(Staff: "MAMI basically said it earlier...")

TOMOMI: MAMI-chan said it?

MAMI: Chorizo sandwiched between crisp bread...
Choripan?
(*Ding-dong!)

All: Ehー?? (laughs)

TOMOMI: It's "choripan"!? How literal.

RINA: Seriously?

HARUNA: It's called "choripan" in Argentina?

MAMI: Is it called "choripan" by the locals??

RINA: I want to see what this "choripan" looks like.
(*All of them look it up)

RINA: You can eat it in Japan too...
It really is called that...it gives off a meat vibe...

TOMOMI: I'm starving...

HARUNA: There isn't anything like an authentic "choripan" here...

TOMOMI: Nope...

RINA: It says you can eat it at the Yoyogi-Uehara station... It's a regional cuisine.

HARUNA: We had no idea "choripan" existed. We'll remember that.

In this episode they read my message I sent a few weeks ago! haha. More details on it will be included in the episode summary I'll post later.

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Jony wrote:So, my beloved Timo-chan, it's better if you reject my confession. I love you, Timo-chan!!! 
That was a good plot twist, didn't see that coming lol. @TonyMiller you have some stiff competition right there  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 1f602 

Back to top Go down
YoNaZ

YoNaZ

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

It seems that my kokuhaku was rejected succesfully.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 27

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 RtO5L43
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 X5VXxmT

•The episode starts off with HARU reading a message from a listener who proposed a new segment based on this quiz they did about Morocco a while back, with them doing a quiz based on different countries. TOMO goes, "We just cut back on the number of segments! They're growing again." HARU says that they're going to go with this new segment because their program producer Ono-san likes the idea. TOMO says that the quiz about Morocco was pretty fun. RINA asks her if she remember anything from it, and she says she doesn't at all. The band laughs and tries to recall any of the things covered in the quiz. TOMO says that there was a question about a college there (which is kind of true, but the question was specifically asking about the airport). MAMI says that all of the answers were the first option.

•After "SPICE" plays, they talk about this.

•After that, they read my (thoseguiltyeyes) message! It was originally for their "Nickname" segment that they got rid of a little while ago. This is what I wrote:

Hello, SCANDAL! My nickname among some of my friends is "The Fifth Member of SCANDAL."

The reason: Nine years ago when SCANDAL came to the AM2 anime convention in the US, I did some SCANDAL cosplay! I copied HARU's CUTE!, Pride, and BABY ACTION outfits. My friends were surprised when they saw me and said, "Eh, you're the fifth member of SCANDAL!" Then when you guys saw me, you said, "Kawaii! Kanpeki (perfect)!" That made me very happy.

Since then I've always cosplayed whenever I go to SCANDAL shows, and you guys always notice! Thank you!

It's unfortunate that the world tour's been postponed, but there's no helping that. However, fans around the world will always continue to support SCANDAL! I hope that the world tour is held next year! Let's all do our best! Hope to see you soon!

-TOMO: "Her cosplays really always are perfect."
-RINA: "Right? They're awesome!'
-HARU: "We're like, 'Where does she even find them?'"
-TOMO: "Right after we released an album cover, didn't she wear the same outfit basically the next day?" (she's talking about the BABY ACTION cover; the promos were released two weeks prior to to the convention)
-HARU: "She did. She comes and sees us all over the world, doesn't she?"
-All: "Yeah!"
-HARU: "Also, an outfit I wore at a show, she wore the same one the next day."
-All: "Yep."
-TOMO: "It was exactly the same as HARU's."
-All: "Thank you!"

•And so, since I'm from the US, they asked a question about it:

Joseph Grisamore, who lives in Minnesota, put his all into this certain hairstyle, which is even listed in the Guinness World Records. Which hairstyle was it?

MAMI says afro (*Bzzt). RINA says the longest hair in the world (*Bzzt). HARU says dreadlocks (*Bzzt). MAMI says pompadour (*Bzzt). RINA says the shortest hair in the world (*Bzzt). The band laughs and wonders if that's even possible. TOMO says pigtails (*Bzzt). MAMI says something that was really high, and the staff tells them that they're close. They say together, "Mohawk?", which is the correct answer. RINA wonders what it looks like and they're shown what it looked like. They go, "Wow! That's so long!" HARU goes, "Doesn't that look like the hairstyles we had on the DOLL cover?" TOMO wonders if the guy's mohawk was achieved with hairspray. HARU mentions that the same guy tried out for the record back in 2017 but wasn't able to qualify for it then. She also mention that he had been growing it out since 2007 (13 years). They say how awesome it was for him to persist for so long. RINA says, "If you think about it in terms of growing it out since elementary school, then that's pretty crazy. It's enough for two people." TOMO says it looks like a pain to upkeep, and it could fall over easily. MAMI wonders how many cans of hairspray he used [Note: Only half a can, apparently!], and that she'd want to touch it. RINA mentions that when they went to Germany, there was a fan there with a really pretty mohawk. It was a good length and colored green. The band is surprised that there are records like this one in the Guinness World Records.

•After "Living in the city" plays, HARU reads the next and final question.

The German Minister of Food and Agriculture announced a controversial new ordinance that would require owners to ____ their dogs at least twice a day. What is it?

TOMO says bathe (*Bzzt). HARU goes, "Whatever it is is controversial, right?" TOMO then says walk, which is the correct answer. HARU, who is the only dog-owning member of the band, says, "That sounds like a pain." She also says that she kind of gets why this thing was introduced as management like this is very strict in Germany since pet shops don't exist there and only selected people can adopt dogs. TOMO says that dogs also need to be licensed. HARU says that dogs are so important to them, which is probably why they introduced that bill. RINA asks HARU how long a single walk with Lady usually takes. She says about 30 minutes, but it can go up to an hour if she has enough time to do so. TOMO says that she sometimes runs into them on a walk, and when Lady doesn't want to move then she really will not move. She doesn't like to move from her favorite places. MAMI says that there have been times when Lady wouldn't move out of an intersection. HARU says she usually decides on a course and they take a break about halfway through not because Lady's tired but because she has to wait for Lady to finish doing something like sniffing another dog, or they're stopped by women coming up to them who seem to like dogs. MAMI asks if they start walking again after that's done. HARU says yes, but then they immediately have to wait again for another person or dog. That can keep repeating and can take more than an hour. RINA goes, "You spoil [Lady] too much." TOMO says that that bill in Germany could be hard on dogs as well as there can be days when they don't feel that great. RINA says that it's great that the country's having these kinds of discussions for the sake of their dogs.

•The band closes out the episode. They say the quiz it was fun and that they liked it. They also say that the previous quiz was too hard, though it did get easier after they learned the rules (as in every answer was the first option), but it still wasn't that fun. They also ask overseas fans to send in messages so that they can use them in this quiz segment.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HARU: "Also, an outfit I wore at a show, she wore the same one the next day."

What an absolute legend

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 Sig10
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thank you for taking the time to add the links. And of course the translation.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

OK, TGE, your legend continues to grow.  .hail.

And as always, thanks for the excellent translations.

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks TGE, all that you do is amazing! 
.uhuh.

Back to top Go down
Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oh I didn't know about that. The dog owners I know here in Germany are go out with their dogs at least two often three times per day.

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down
YoNaZ

YoNaZ

Caless Student
Caless Student
That's amazing TGE, they do recognize you!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

How do you get over someone you love? A yell of encouragement from SCANDAL to a listener!

Episode #28 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 4eizKGi

HARUNA: Here's a message.

Miyuu

Hello, SCANDAL.
I turned 21 on August 25th.
And, on the day of my birthday, I broke up with my boyfriend of two years. (He's a year older than me)
He was the first person I loved like this. I wanted to fall in love with this person, and thankfully I was able to confess to and go out with him.
I was really happy to be with him, and I was happy that he was thinking about a future with me. We both wanted to always be with each other.
Still, there were many things that happened, and even though we both "loved" each other, we couldn't see a future together.
I was wondering if I could keep dating him, and I still liked him so I stayed with him. He seemed to think the same way, and as a result of a discussion we had, he said he honestly could not see us getting married nor having a future together.
He told me, "Then let's end things for now. Let's fix the points we both need to have more growth with, and if someday in the future we still feel the same about each other, let's think things over again and be together."
Thinking about the future, I was wondering if things would be okay as they were. I'm only 21, and if we liked each other now then things should be okay. I didn't want to break up but understood what he was saying. It made me sad.
Since I was sad, I told him my feelings. However, I couldn't change his feelings and also had to make a decision.
In the end we broke up. I've been crying every day.
Still, as a way to connect this breakup to growth, I want to become a wonderful person, both as a woman and as a person, and someday I want to be able to think of this event in this way: "Thank you. I was able to grow thanks to you."
Also, if time passes and we still have feelings for each other, I'd like for us to think about each other and how we've grown.
Even if there's a future where we're not together, I hope that these two years will be very important memories for me.

RINA: I see.

TOMOMI: She's so grown up. At the age of 21 she's had to think about the future and go through a breakup.

HARUNA: She's 21 and he's 22. This about the right time [when things like this happen].

RINA: That's true.

MAMI: That's the time when you're finishing out your life as a student.

RINA: It's really great that they were dating each other in earnest, enough that they were able to think about it in that way.
I think it'll be a great plus in her future relationships.
The day will definitely come when your wounds will be healed.

HARUNA: It will.

RINA: I don't think she needs to worry about it, but they did go out for two years...

TOMOMI: I'm sure she has a lot of memories with him.

HARUNA: Don't force yourself to get over things. Time will heal your wounds. There's probably nothing you could have done at that time.

TOMOMI: Maybe so.

MAMI: Rather than getting a new SO or doing something to take your mind off of it, I truly do think it's better to wait to let time heal your wounds. All you can do is wait. You might cry every day, and it might be painful and sad, but I think even that could be a good memory.

TOMOMI: Just have a good time right now.

RINA: She loved him that much.

HARUNA: Think about things to the point where you think you've thought enough.

MAMI: Be proud in yourself for thinking about someone and crying over someone. I think it's wonderful that you can be that kind of person for the one you're going to date next.

TOMOMI: I hope you meet someone wonderful.

HARUNA: You might find someone else and want to stay with them. There could be a future like that because you broke up after starting to like someone else.
Now, she might need to have positive feelings in order to overcome this.

RINA: A little at a time.

MAMI: I think that's a great experience.

RINA: It's hard at first. You'll keep growing, and the day will come when you realize who you were at that time and see a little of the big picture.

HARUNA: Since she was able to write that much, she probably doesn't feel as thrown into despair anymore.

TOMOMI: Yeah, she's able to organize her thoughts.

RINA: I think it can feel great to tell someone your thoughts, and you feel a little lighter.

HARUNA: I think it's admirable that she didn't say anything bad about him.

RINA: I don't know if the word "level-headed" is suitable to use here, but I think she was able to properly have a great romance. It'll be nice after she gets older and it'll seem like she was such a child then. I think it'll be a great memory for her.

HARUNA: Please continue to have great romances.

RINA: I think she'll be able to. There'll be lots of fun in the future.

HARUNA: Do your best.

MAMI: She's very level-headed 21-year-old.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 28

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 QMCig1n
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 XEQoUoi

•The episode starts off with the band eating Meiji snacks. HARU once again calls the My Style snack "My Stage." The band all goes, "Ehhh!" TOMO goes, "Stop that!" MAMI goes, "W-what? What is 'My Stage'?" HARU laughs and says she'll probably always be calling it that. RINA says that it's probably because she wants to play on stage. MAMI says that if you were to insert whatever word that comes to your head that follows "My," then "stage" would be HARU's word.

•After "Living in the city" plays, this happens next.

•Following that, TOMO reads a message from a listener whose favorite band before SCANDAL was RADWIMPS. He got hooked on SCANDAL after his senior at work had an extra ticket to SCANDAL's HELLO WORLD tour back in 2015 and invited him to go. On the way back from BEST XMAS is when the tracklisting for Kiss from the darkness was released, and of course he was super excited for the track "Laundry Laundry" produced by bassist Yusuke Takeda from RADWIMPS. He thinks it's a great song just as he expected it to be, and wants them to do another collab if they get the chance to. The band says that it was surprising to see that there have been many people who are fans of both bands. HARU asks TOMO how she met Takeda-san and TOMO says they met at a party where bassists met up. She also says when she was playing bass as part of a TV program's band, Takeda-san helped her with reading sheet music as she wasn't able to read it. She calls him her "bassist sensei." She also says that she didn't think the day would come when they'd do a collaborative song together.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who thanks the band for putting on the recent livestream. He's a baseball player at a medical university but hasn't been able to play or practice since March, and since then the seniors on the team have retired. He normally used baseball and concerts as part of his vitality, and it was difficult for him to lose both at the same time. The livestream SCANDAL held helped to give him courage, and he says he's going to work hard while following SCANDAL, who keeps moving forward in any situation. The band mentions Koshien and how they almost cried hearing the news of the cancelation since the players had been working basically all of their lives to make it there, and those players no longer have a place to direct their energy. However, to hear that their show made people like him feel more positive feels really rewarding for them. They want to continue to be a musical artist that keeps coming up with different ideas to do things even if they can't do something, and that they'll continue to support everyone.

•MAMI reads a message from a listener whose favorite band before SCANDAL was THE BLUE HEARTS. They say TBH's and SCANDAL's live performances are similar. They also say that they'd like to see HARU jumping up and down like Hiroto Koumoto (lead singer of the band). The band laughs at this. MAMI says that when they saw THE CRO-MAGNONS (another band that Hiroto Koumoto is in) at COUNTDOWN JAPAN, Hiroto threw off his leather jacket since it was hot, and started off their set by saying, "This is a real leather jacket." She says that HARU could wear that jacket, which the band laughs at. RINA also mentioned that they played a joint show with them a while back. They still can't believe that happened and that SCANDAL was invited to play that show with them. MAMI says that they had a smile on their faces when SCANDAL's set was over and applauded them. It felt so surreal for them. MAMI also says that her mom really likes TBH. TOMO says a friend of hers makes leather pants for Mashi (the guitarist), and that the pants get all beat up within the course of a year since they play shows almost every day, though she doesn't think they've been playing recently, obviously. RINA says that he does a lifetime's worth of moving within a year. She also mentions that while waiting in the line for taxis at Shinagawa Station, she saw Mashi there and wearing those leather pants. TOMO wonders if he was traveling in his stage outfit. HARU says that there's probably no concept of a stage outfit for him (probably because they apparently play shows more often than not). MAMI goes, "They're real leather pants, aren't they?", which the band laughs at. TOMO says it's like his skin, and HARU says he must wear them all days of the year. TOMO also says that apparently the size of his pants never changes, which the band is impressed with. They talk about how there's no real common point when it comes to fans' favorite bands before SCANDAL.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Who will get the glory!? The first recording done outside will be accompanied by play-by-play commentary! The 1st "Catch up" Mölkky Championship Cup

Episode #29 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 EveQrRj

This is the program's first time recording on-location. Furthermore, it involves sports.
The quartet gathered—no, they were forced to be gathered in a pleasant park that showed signs of autumn.
However, there was already a man there holding a microphone...
What kind of sports will they play? The episode began with commentary.

Announcer Matsumoto: To the 30 million fans of Mölkky across Japan, good afternoon.
Although we'd like to say that the autumn sky is clear and blue, there are a few clouds around.
Below a chorus of cicadas, the sunlight filters through the trees in this park in Tokyo as crows caw.
The battle of the century is about to begin...
The 1st "Catch up" Mölkky Championship Cup is starting!

Mölkky, which was born and raised in Finland, is now here in faraway Japan.
This is the moment when the chosen four are about to blossom...!

Oops, this is a little late to be saying this now, but I, announcer Hideo Matsumoto,
Will be commentating on today's Mölkky match.
I have covered many sports such as pro baseball, horse racing, soccer, and golf, but in my 35 years of sports announcing experience this will be my first time covering Mölkky!
Now it's time for these four elite players, who will be playing an exciting game, to enter!

(The quartet is confused...)

HARUNA: We are SCANDAL, and this is vocalist HARUNA,

TOMOMI: Bassist TOMOMI,

MAMI: Guitarist MAMI,

RINA: And drummer RINA.

Matsumoto: You guys are pumped up! Sparks are flying.
The fighting spirit of these ladies just before the match is setting the park on fire!

(The quartet is even more confused...)

HARUNA: Hold on a sec. What is this?
Matsumoto-san just suddenly started things off...

RINA: What's happening??

HARUNA: "The 1st 'Catch up' Mölkky Championship Cup"?

RINA: You said we were chosen, but there were no prelims.

TOMOMI: I guess we were seeded.

MAMI: We're grateful for that.

TOMOMI: This is the first time we're meeting in a park to record for radio.

HARUNA: I guess anything goes.

RINA: What's going to happen...

MAMI: Can this be conveyed properly...

TOMOMI: But since Matsumoto-san is here...

MAMI: Isn't it great that we have an announcer here?

RINA: This is legit.

HARUNA: He's our first "Catch up" guest. We're looking forward to working with you today.

Matsumoto: Thank you very much! I'm honored to be here!

And so this Mölkky episode contains the first ep filmed on-location, the first time playing sports on the show, the first time having a live announcer, and their first guest.

Mölkky is:
A game from Finland where you throw a wooden stick called a "Mölkky"
To knock down wooden pins called "skittles,"
And the person who scores exactly 50 points wins!

A quick explanation of the rules of Mölkky:
※If you throw Mölkky and multiple skittles fall, the number of fallen pins will be your score.
※If only one pin falls, the number written on the fallen pin will be your score.
※After a throw, fallen pins are put upright at the place where they fell. The game ends when the first player reaches exactly 50 points.

As a special rule, they will be asked to throw each twice...and compete with the total points from those two times.

Despite this being their first time playing Mölkky, the quartet got really excited in a park in Tokyo.
Moreover, it was a close battle. Who will win the championship...whose head will the crown shine above?

Back to top Go down
YoNaZ

YoNaZ

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

I've never heard of Mölkky, and I'm not sure if it should be call sport neither.

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The quartet is even more confused...

Why do I hear "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" Title Card music?

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 29

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 RmG7mA8
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 D3PEaun
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 NsPhZfA

•The episode starts off with this.

•After "SPICE" plays, Matsumoto asks the band what they think of Mölkky, and they say it's their first time playing it, and that they don't quite understand the rules. He then explains the rules to them and how to play it. He also says that as a special rule they'll each be throwing twice, and their total score will comprise of the number of pins knocked down during both throws. Whoever knocks down the most pins wins.

•When he asks the band if they're ready to play and they say yes, he introduces them as such: "Morocco-loving TOMOMI"; "My Stage HARUNA"; "Roundoff MAMI"; and "Gutsy Youngest Child RINA."

•He then asks the band to give their comments. HARU says, "I'll do my best and have fun." TOMO says, "I'll give it my all for this game of Mölkky." MAMI says, "I'll be aiming to knock down the #12 pin." RINA says, "I'm aiming to win the championship."

•The game then starts. Matsumoto asks how the band is going to decide the order in which they go, and they choose to decide with rock-paper-scissors. They do so, and it turns out to be the same order of their ages: HARU, MAMI, TOMO, RINA. HARU goes first while Matsumoto gives play-by-play commentary. She hits the left backside and knocks down two pins. HARU isn't sure where to throw next, and MAMI says to just throw it. She does and knocks over seven pins for a total of nine pins knocked over. She says that it's pretty hard to do, and that it was nerve-wracking as it's hard to control. MAMI goes next and knocks over three pins. On her second throw she overshoots it and doesn't knock down any pins. She goes, "It's so difficult!" Her total is three pins knocked over. TOMO goes next and, like MAMI's second throw, she overshoots it and doesn't knock down any pins. On her second throw she knocks over four pins. She also says, "It's so difficult!" RINA's the last to go, and she knocks over four pins. HARU goes, "She's good at it!" On her second throw she doesn't knock down any pins as the Mölkky stick passes between pins instead of hitting any.

•Matsumoto then says he's been given a memo, and asks the band if they'd like to redo it and play to get a total of 20 points, which they yes to. TOMO says that [the first game] was over in a instant, and RINA says that they have a feel on how to play now. HARU goes first and knocks down one pin. With her second throw she knocks over three, for a total of four pins knocked down. MAMI goes next and knocks over four pins. On her second throw everyone is surprised at how powerful it is, and knocks over a total of 11 pins. Matsumoto says that that was quite the progress she made, and MAMI says she's the type to improve while during a game. TOMO goes next and knocks over five pins. She then knocks over two more on her second throw, for a total of seven pins. Matsumoto says that they've improved with this second round. TOMO says that this game is fun. RINA goes last and knocks over three pins. On her second throw she knocks over five pins for a total of eight pins. They don't yet know the totals for the pins they knocked down, which they have to wait a little bit more for.

•After "Saishuuheiki, Kimi" plays, Matsumoto announces the rankings. With a total of 19 points, HARU gets first place. RINA is in fourth place with 15 points, TOMO is in third place with 16 points, and MAMI gets second place with 17 points (MAMI: "Ah, only two points!"). Voice effects are then placed on Matsumoto and HARU, which makes it sound like it's being announced at an arena. He congratulates HARU and asks her for her thoughts. She says she never expected that she would win, and that she's glad she was chosen to play. He then asks her who she'd like to convey her joy to. She laughs and says her dog at home (AKA her dog Lady). She says, "Lady-chan! Your mom won! I did my best!" TOMO goes, "What in the world?!" RINA laughs and says this is kind of scary. He then asks her to tell everyone her enthusiasm for the next step in her future aspirations. She says that she thinks she got a feel for it today, so if they have a second championships then she'd like to win that one as well.

•The episode then comes to an end. Matsumoto starts reading the "The next episode will be out on..." part and then goes, "Wait, why am I reading this?", which the band laughs at. He also mispronounces Spotify as "Spotifee." The band thanks him for being on.

Back to top Go down
YoNaZ

YoNaZ

Caless Student
Caless Student
"Lady-chan! Your mom won! I did my best!"
.lol.

Quite hilarious.

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It might be funny if they got other artistes onto the show to compete against Scandal in funny games (like here) instead of the Scandal members competing amongst themselves  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 1f602

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
He also mispronounces Spotify as "Spotifee."

...that's how I'm gonna pronounce it from now on.

Back to top Go down

vini_lara

Caless Student
Caless Student
confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:Thank you so much for the translations, TGE  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 1f496  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 1f49b  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 1f499
Thank you! You are amazing TGE

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

This week's Catch up is also being brought to you from a park in Tokyo under the blue sky! Taking it easy and reading messages

Episode #30 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 CVSeIYW

HARUNA: The cicadas are buzzing...

TOMOMI: They are.

HARUNA: Those who listened to last week's episode will know that we held the 1st Mölkky Championship at a park in Tokyo, and today's episode is being brought to you from that same park.

TOMOMI: We're well acquainted with this bench.

RINA: Catching up under the blue sky.

HARUNA: "Catching up under the blue sky" sounds great! It's refreshing.

RINA: Last week's episode was amazing. Matsumoto-san commentated for us...

TOMOMI: It was so moving.

HARUNA: In my head I'm picturing Matsumoto-san wrapping up the episode.

RINA: I thought he'd come this week too and read messages with us.

(An announcement in the park starts... Recording temporarily stops)

RINA: It was fun. Having commentary makes things really exciting.

HARUNA: Everything is picked up on.

RINA: Like, "They're rolling up their sleeves!"

TOMOMI: Or, "It's being held in both hands!"

RINA: It's like we were the star athletes being interviewed after the game.

HARUNA: During those interviews, as soon as you're asked something you always answer, "That's right."

TOMOMI: Like, "It happens."

HARUNA: They really do say "It happens."

RINA: It really felt like we were players.

HARUNA: It did, thanks to Matsumoto-san.

TOMOMI: HARUNA was so cool.

MAMI: She was awesome.

HARUNA: It was a lot of funー.
All right, "Catching up under the blue sky." First off, let's eat some snacks in the great outdoors.
What we have are Kinoko no Yama and Takenoko no Sato...they're perfect for the park.

TOMOMI: It's like a picnic.

MAMI: Next time we should have a picnic while recording this.

HARUNA: At any rate, we'll be taking it easy reading messages among the buzzing of cicadas.

RINA: We can't fully make the most of being outside.

MAMI: That's true...

HARUNA: Let's read a message.

Natsu

Hello, SCANDAL!
I always enjoy listening to your program.
My spice in life is blood vessels. I have a blood vessel fetish and I really like HARUNA and MAMI's blood vessels, which is why I fell in love with SCANDAL. I started playing the guitar because I wanted my blood vessels to be visible under my skin, and now I'm also playing the bass. Right now I'm in my second year of high school and can't do club activities nor study for entrance exams, but I'd like to form a band when I go to college.
Also, my dream is to someday stand on the same stage as SCANDAL!
P.S. By the way, my blood vessels are now visible(*^^*)

RINA: Their motive to start playing [guitar] sure is something.

MAMI: This could be the first time we're hearing about someone starting to like us because of that.

RINA: There certainly are people whose blood vessels show easily and those whose doesn't.
Both of you may be ones whose blood vessels show relatively clearly.

MAMI: Yes, perhaps. They show when my hands are below my heart, which is when I'm playing guitar.
They've always been out.

HARUNA: They are right now too.

MAMI: They are.

RINA: They're in good condition even now.

MAMI: They're in place.

HARUNA: Blood vessels, huh... I wonder what sparked that. Perhaps when they saw photos.

TOMOMI: That's what I figured.

HARUNA: Maybe they liked other bands and had chances to see them live, but none of them made them go, "Their blood vessels are awesome!"

RINA: Maybe they're obsessed with SCANDAL's blood vessels.

TOMOMI: We're grateful for that.

MAMI: We are. Doesn't it mean that we have good blood vessels?

TOMOMI: Right?

HARUNA: That makes us happy.

RINA: We're releasing a live DVD soon, so there will be many chances to see those blood vessels.

MAMI: Yeah, our hands were filmed. I want you to see our blood vessels.

TOMOMI: Please look forward to it.

HARUNA: They said, "My blood vessels are now visible"... They got them to come out.
That's not something we were ever aware of for ourselves.

RINA: They made the effort to make them come out.

MAMI: That's new to hear that people are starting guitar because they'll make your blood vessels visible.

HARUNA: Please look forward to them in the future too.

MAMI: When they go to college, will they choose members based on their blood vessels?

RINA: A blood vessels audition!

HARUNA: That's crazy.

TOMOMI: Is someone more talented if they have visible blood vessels?
That's kind of craftsman-like.

MAMI: I seeー. I'm hoping that you come across your favorite kind of blood vessels.

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 SYP3pwi

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 30

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 Sihj2f6
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 UfJyA7r

•The episode starts off with this.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says they want to scream when remembering past mistakes/embarrassing things, and they bury their face into a pillow and flail their arms around. They ask the band if they have any experiences that would make them act the same way. The band says that they don't really have many of those. TOMO says that she could 100% sympathize with how the listener feels, though. She also says that there could be things that only you yourself were concerned over and that other people probably didn't notice. She then suddenly goes, "What was that?! That was so scary! Our manager just suddenly started throwing rocks!" RINA says, "He reverted back to being a young boy." HARU says that maybe he did so to just let off steam like what the listener did, and the manager confirms that. HARU then says that perhaps guys are more bothered by past things they've done, and the band also says that it depends on the person. RINA says that perhaps there are girls who do what Nene on "Crayon Shin-chan" does.

•RINA then tells a story of when they had an opportunity to talk with the comedy duo Hige Danshaku. They were doing their higuchi cutter joke at the time, which RINA didn't know about. When they did it, she gave an awkward smile. She realized later on when she was about to go to sleep that she was actually supposed to go silent after the joke happened (?) [Note: I don't really get the gag myself so I'm not 100% sure on this lol]. She says, "I was the worst!" and says that she recalls that memory every once in a while. MAMI then says how after she and TOMO came of age to drink alcohol and had put wine in some wine glasses, they tried toasting their glasses together like Hige Danshaku's renaissance gag but did it too hard and the glasses shattered. She says that it's a good memory, but it also depresses her. HARU says that it's understandable since they just came of age and didn't know not to clink their glasses together that hard. TOMO says that remembering this now kind of makes her want to shout.

•After "A.M.D.K.J." plays, TOMO reads the next message from a listener who plays the trumpet in their brass band at work. They usually play about 10 performance per year, but since the pandemic hit they only got to play one performance apiece in January and February, and have no performances for the rest of the year. The other members' motivation is also declining. The listener thought how they needed to do something and has tried to take action, and right around the time when they started to get tired of it all they watched SCANDAL's livestream, which allowed them to reconsider a lot of things. Now, they want to challenge themselves by practicing from a new perspective and using content they've not used before. They ask the band if there's something they'd like to attempt doing in the future. TOMO says that she wants to try fishing. A friend of hers started to go fishing, and although TOMO wasn't necessarily interested in fishing, she went with them and had a lot of fun. That's why she wants to try getting a boat license. MAMI says that the world becomes bigger when you can operate your own boat. RINA says that they would then be able to record Catch up on a boat.

•MAMI says that she doesn't know if she'll actually do them, but there are a lot of things that she wants to do, like bungee jumping, pottery, climbing a mountain like Mt. Fuji. HARU says that MAMI should go bungee jumping sooner rather than later. TOMO mentions that they did go bungee jumping before. HARU says that she wants to have commentary done [of when MAMI bungee jumps]. The band laughs and TOMO says they're hooked on having commentary done. MAMI says she wants to have experiences like the ones she listed on a regular basis. TOMO says that that's surprising. MAMI says that she wants to run in a full marathon again if she has the chance. RINA says that it's a little unexpected, given how MAMI has always been. MAMI agrees, and says she's gotten quite active. HARU mentions that MAMI also goes fruit picking pretty often. MAMI says that she also wants to go mushroom picking, and says that they'll grill them for you on the spot, as well as pick ones that are the size of your palm.

•HARU says that she's studying to get a qualification as a dog rearing specialist. She says that it's pretty difficult to become a pet caregiver, so she thinks she should start by acquiring the knowledge to properly raise her own dog, and she might be able to make use of that in pet-related activities in the future. She also says that it's a little difficult to keep a dog in an apartment so it needs to be trained properly. RINA mentions that a lot of women have been getting licenses to work at saunas recently, and that it's great how people are pursuing what they truly love and getting a license for it.

•RINA says that she hasn't set her sights on anything like that yet, but she's been wanting to draw at home. She says that she's really bad at drawing--if she was asked to draw a picture of a dog, it'd turn out really bad. HARU says that her drawings are pleasantly different. RINA laughs and says they could no longer be called art and are devastatingly bad, and says that she wants to try expressing it only in colors [rather than with actual line drawings]. HARU says that that's perfect to do now since everyone's spending more time at home.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who won the "32 types of Meiji snacks" gift given away for HARU's birthday. They then ask the band for love advice. They started working at a pharmacy's medical office in April and went to another branch for help for one day only. There, there was a second-year pharmacist who was nice, cool, puppy-like, and cute. They were interested in them and wanted to be friends, but never had the experience of outright talking to someone to get closer to them. They ask the band how they could get closer to this person. The band says to perhaps establish a mood that allows each of them to talk to each other a little closer. They say they could try starting with a mutual topic such as work, and perhaps get each other's info and go out to eat. They also say that it would be great if they shared mutual hobbies. They say they'll be waiting for a follow-up report, and tell the listener to do their best.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Struggling from the first question! The second "I see - The Catch up" will be held!

Episode #31 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 Ttfo092

HARUNA: The second "I see - The Catch up"!
Since the first one went so well...

TOMOMI: Did it really go that well...?

(Staff: It did! We got messages from 10 different countries around the world!)

RINA: It really did...

HARUNA: Here's a message from Argentina.

(Staff: This is the second quiz about Argentina. The previous time the answer was "choripan")

All: Ahー!

HARUNA: Let's read the message.

Jony (Argentina)

It's been a while! In my previous message I didn't write about the times I met SCANDAL. On February 18, 2017, I went to an event for BEST ALBUM 「SCANDAL」. Although I didn't meet you guys at the Osaka event, I did meet you at the Nagoya one. Then, the next day I met you guys again at an event in Shinjuku. Timo-chan said, "See you later!", which made me very happy, so I couldn't say anything in reply. I went to the Takamatsu, Hiroshima, Nagoya, Fukuoka, and Osaka stops of the Fuzzy Summer Mood tour in June 2019. I saw you guys while waiting for the shinkansen at Fukuoka Station. I actually couldn't believe it. I had traveled to Japan this past March, but I couldn't go to your shows due to COVID. Also, I went home 10 days early in order to get back to Argentina. I want to see SCANDAL live next year!!!

HARUNA: So, thank you from Argentina!
Now we'll have a quiz on Argentina.

Maté, a beloved drink in Argentina, is high in iron, calcium, vitamins, and chlorophyll. It is also known as a 「drinkable ***」. What words go where *** is?

RINA: What are they... It's really popular in Japan too! I've drank it too.

TOMOMI: I wonder...what was it called again...

MAMI: Drinkable essence! Drinkable medicine for a cold! (*Bzzt [wrong answer])

HARUNA: Drinkable IV! (*Bzzt)

RINA: ...was it beauty-related? Maybe health-related?

MAMI: Drinkable gym! (*Bzzt)

RINA: You'd likely get all muscular.

TOMOMI: Drinkable vegetables! (*Bzzt)

MAMI: Drinkable euglena! (*Bzzt)

TOMOMI: Drinkable spinach (*Bzzt)
Drinkable leafy vegetables, green or yellow ones (*Bzzt)

RINA: Drinkable energy! (*Bzzt)

(Staff: You can answer using katakana [AKA foreign words]!)

TOMOMI: It's probably not drinkable vitamins...

HARUNA: We're thick-headed today...

RINA: We rehearsed too much today. We had been performing until just now...so our brains aren't working.

TOMOMI: Drinkable energy!

RINA: I already said that! This is nuts; this episode's chaotic too.

(Staff: It's a word that kindergarteners can understand)

All: Ehー

TOMOMI: Drinkable healthy! (*Bzzt)

RINA: Drinkable sapuri [supplements]! (*Bzzt)

HARUNA: Are we close?

TOMOMI: Drinkable calories! (*Bzzt)

(Staff: It's three letters [in katakana]!)

TOMOMI: Drinkable sapuri [supplements]!

HARUNA: That was already said!

TOMOMI: Drinkable sain [autographs]! Drinkable sauna! (*Bzzt)

MAMI: (*Starting by saying words one by one in order of Japanese syllabary) Drinkable saa...sai...sau...

TOMOMI: Drinkable satou [sugar]!

HARUNA: Say it in katakana words!

MAMI: Drinkable sari...saru...sare...drinkable sango [coral]!

TOMOMI: Drinkable satetsu [iron sand]!
...there was a time when we were hooked on that, wasn't there?

RINA: Yeahー

MAMI: Samu...same...samo...

RINA: I got it! Drinkable sanso [oxygen]!

MAMI: That's a word in kanji!

RINA: Is it close to drinkable sanso [oxygen] or sapuri [supplements]?

MAMI: Drinkable saji...sazu...

HARUNA: The whole episode is going to be just about this!

(Staff: You'll get it soon!)

RINA: We'll get it that soon?

HARUNA: Drinkable Santa! (*Bzzt)

RINA: That's too scary.

TOMOMI: Let's finish this with no cuts!

RINA: I don't know what it is!

MAMI: Geez! Jony from Argentina!

TOMOMI: It's because he didn't ask any questions!

HARUNA: It's unbelievable we don't know…

MAMI: (*Starting again by saying words one by one in order of Japanese syllabary) Drinkable saa...sai...sau...

HARUNA: The word's in katakana...

MAMI: Drinkable sata...sachi...satsu...sate...

RINA: There's no word that fitsー

MAMI: Drinkable sama...sami...samu...same...samo...sayu...sayo...

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MAMI: Drinkable sama...sami...samu...same...samo...sayu...sayo...

Mami's just brute-forcing the solution by going through every syllable  .lol.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 31

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 9zTWa2Q
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 8 KQ9vgw2

•The episode starts off with this. MAMI finally gets the answer by going down the alphabet: drinkable salad. The band says it was frustrating that they weren't able to get it easily. [Note: This one thing took up over half of the episode lol]

•HARU reads the next message from a listener in Russia (I believe this is another SH member lol) and mentions that their program producer Ono-san Google Translated it. The listener says that SCANDAL's their favorite Japanese band, that they've watched all of their live DVDs, and that they went to the Nagoya stop of the HONEY tour. They also say that not many Japanese bands come to Russia, and those that do usually aren't all-girl bands. TOMO says that hard rock/metal seems to be more popular in Russia. MAMI says that those types of music seem to be popular in cold areas. The band also says that they'd like to go to Russia one day. And so the next question relates to Russia:

The band Mumiy Troll, who sings the Russian version of the theme song for the Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative movie, is a famous Russian band. The band's name is based off of a world-famous character. What character is it?

HARU knows right away and says Moomintroll, which is the correct answer. MAMI and RINA thought that as well. The band laughs at how easy it was for them to answer this question compared to the first one.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener in Italy who saw SCANDAL when they performed in Milan in 2016 (I think this is yet another SH member). They apologize in the name of Italian fans for the concert not being very organized, and they hope that they come back to Italy soon. TOMO mentions something about how the venue was held at a public hall-type place and it was unfinished (or something along those lines). She also mentions that the venue staff prepared homemade food for them. RINA says that they were the first Japanese artist to play at that venue, and also that after eating the meal and leaving the venue two hours after the show ended, there were fans still there and they were all singing "Sayonara My Friend" in unison. They talk about the food again and say how they never had homemade Italian food like that before. HARU then reads the question regarding Italy:

Portofino, a fishing village in Genoa, Italy, is known as one of the most beautiful towns in Italy, and is even used as a model name for the luxury car maker Ferrari. This city was also used a model for a well-known establishment that is very popular in Japan. What is that establishment?

The band is kind of confused at first, thinking that Portofino is the place that was based on an establishment in Japan when it's actually the other way around. Their staff helps clear that up. RINA asks the staff if it's something that people from the Kansai area (like RINA) would easily know. They say no, and that that it's something that everyone in Japan knows about. HARU says, "Wouldn't that be Disney Sea?" It's silent for a few seconds, and HARU goes, "Was that correct?" The band laughs and TOMO goes, "Play the ding-dong noise!" A few seconds later it does go off, meaning that HARU guessed correctly. MAMI says that "Sea" is a big hint. HARU says that they have gondolas there, and looks like it's quite Italian-based. RINA says that it's great how they were able to answer two questions in a row right away.

•The episode then comes to a close. HARU asks how it was, and RINA says it was fun but chaotic. HARU says that they overthought the answer for 1 but just carelessly answered 2 and 3. They also say that they can probably do one or two more "I see - The Catch up" quizzes with all of the overseas messages they've gotten so far and will continue to get. The band jokes that they shouldn't be recording these episodes right after rehearsals. TOMO says that they usually record at 11 am. RINA says that it's currently 4:30 pm, and TOMO says that they've gotten sleepy (HARU: "These excuses are crazy"). They say that maybe they should record before rehearsals instead.

An episode comprised entirely of messages from SH members! That's awesome, and awesome they've featured a lot of us so far. Let's keep it up and keep sending in messages Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum