You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

nataku

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm also not a huge fan of the backing tracks being so prominent on some songs, especially when they are played at levels where the guitars get drowned out a bit. If SCANDAL stuck with only the music they generate from the instruments they played, I would have no qualms with that at all.

Back to top Go down
baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This is just my opinion, but I would love Scandal to have a stronger vocal line-up, being a rock-band. Everytime I listen to their songs even on recording, sometimes I would think this or that part can sound better if the vocal is stronger or more lively.

Haruna is my most favorite member but her vocal sometimes is too soft especially these days. I know that she has issues with her vocal and working hard to fix that. I can sympathize with her on that, that's why she's still my favorite.

Tomomi has stronger vocal than Haru these days, but I don't like her high squeaky voice. The thing is she seems to do this intentionally instead of being natural, because I discovered their live in the early days, her voice doesn't sound squeaky high like that.

Back to top Go down
GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I also noticed that the synth tracks on the Wonderful Tonight broadcast were way louder than usual. Usually the synth fits because their songs are generally pop rock, but there are some songs where it's distracting to me in a live performance, especially Shunkan Sentimental. In the 2009 live DVD they performed it without any backing tracks, and it sounded awesome. I also like the live version of Love Survive much more than the studio version because the synths seem to be toned down, even though that's not saying much because it's one of their most synth-heavy songs.

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

scaione

Caless Student
Caless Student
No....there's nothing,hahaha....quite surprising to me normally there's somethin

Back to top Go down
Kazu-x-Haz

Kazu-x-Haz

International Performer
International Performer
we respect every personal opinions & There's Nothing Wrong with SCANDAL when i first Known them but I understand, no matter how great they become, they will never can please everybody.
Some likes it, some don't, some remain, some leave and some new fans come. Peace Onion

Back to top Go down
Dhan-kun

Dhan-kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
no, as long as they are still doing their best!! hahaha i will always cheering for them!!! Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 269358

Back to top Go down
worldlover

worldlover

Caless Student
Caless Student
I agree with the synth and sometimes even vocal backing tracks during live would take away some elements of the expressiveness of their performance. Tracks louder than their own voices and instruments, IMO, really kills the edge of a live band.

Also, I would like to see more songs composed by the girls themselves.

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Only thing i didn't really like (for now) was some of their outfits in some live performances. I think it was for some anime conventions so the outfits were a bit weird and not so great.

Back to top Go down
zwerge

zwerge

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I don't like if they got separate...

Whether it is good or bad. always try to smile and always say thanks GOD for it..... Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 804545
Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 Haruna13Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 Untitl10
Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 Photo.php?fbid=455957217812428&set=a.114727948602025.20000
Back to top Go down

bleach86

Caless Student
Caless Student
I dont have many complaints .. some ppls dont like TOMOs voice i didnt like it before but its definitely grown on me, as for MAMIs guitar skills I think shes a mad guitarist thats what got me into SCANDAL. The only thing that surprised me I thought she had written and composed Koe but from what i found out it was written/composed by someone else, this isnt a complaint prob more of a wish that SCANDAL will compose more songs in future releases, from memory bitter chocolate was written and composed by TOMO and RINA and i thought that song was awesome!

Back to top Go down
Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I just think Mami and especially Rina should sing more. Mami's solo songs are all great, she needs to have more solo songs, and sing more in all the other songs too. And Rina... I see Rina singing along with all songs during live performances, but there's no microphone next to her, or if there are mics, she doesn't use them! I watched the whole Wonderful Tonight's live screaming in my head "SOMEONE GIVE A MIC TO RINA PLZ!"

Back to top Go down
errieberrie-chan

errieberrie-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I generally have no complaints about SCANDAL, they are wonderful, talented girls. The only thing I can think of to complain about is the fact that during the Budokan and Osaka Jo Hall performances they didn't give Rina the same kind of mircophone as the other girls which would have helped her to sing more. You always see her singing while she's playing but you can't hear her because she has no easy access to a microphone!!

CANTA DANCE

If its too much then lets dance!
More high fives!
High Kicks!
Say Cheese!

Peace Onion
Back to top Go down
Uselessx3

Uselessx3

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i dont like that they're so far away form the states. i want to meet them .shy.

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 Tumblr_mltizuGgON1r482jao4_400
Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 955107Hi Hi Hi Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 955107
Back to top Go down
IAK

IAK

Caless Student
Caless Student
when i watched the Pin Heel Surfer's MV, i am quite disappointed with the MV as it is not the same style compare to the past. they are more sexy, and dance without their instrumentals. @@
And i also dun like the backing tracks of their music, sounds like weird..

Back to top Go down
reine0314

reine0314

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Haruna really look so thin .. Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 79339

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 Tumblr_mjh7i0YAAW1s4pwawo1_500 Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 25165
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Oh one thing i don't like too much is how they are static on stage, they stay at their spot.

They should move a bit more. Obviously it's harder for Haru and Tomo because they sing a lot but Mami could walk more, go play next to Haru, etc.

Just think that sometimes they are a bit too static. Would be more fun to see them walk, jump around a bit more Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 839664

Back to top Go down
atpsiam

atpsiam

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Oh one thing i don't like too much is how they are static on stage, they stay at their spot.

They should move a bit more. Obviously it's harder for Haru and Tomo because they sing a lot but Mami could walk more, go play next to Haru, etc.

Just think that sometimes they are a bit too static. Would be more fun to see them walk, jump around a bit more Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 839664

They used to move and jump around a lot during their lives and PVs in the very beginning because they thought thats what rockers do. They eventually toned it down cause they realized it looked too silly =P. But I agree with you, they should move around a bit more.

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 Cute15
Wish I could find a ninja girl like her .love.
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
atpsiam wrote:They used to move and jump around a lot during their lives and PVs in the very beginning because they thought thats what rockers do. They eventually toned it down cause they realized it looked too silly =P. But I agree with you, they should move around a bit more.

I dunno, they move around a lot IMO. They were all over the place at both Budokan and Osaka-Jo Hall, where they had the headset mics. Obviously when they have standard mics they have to be in front of them most of the time, especially since they all sing.

Back to top Go down
masufcpys

masufcpys

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sorry for revive this old topic, but when I saw it a long time ago, I did not use to write in the forum.

I love Scandal, but I am not an uncritical fan. And the thing that I really don´t like about them is, as many people already here said, that they don´t include their own songs in their CD. I´m not complaning about they don´t write their own songs because they do and they do it really well. So, why there are so few songs written for them on their CD? It is a marketing decision? It is because they are not enough fast to write it? 

I know that there is no sense in complaining, but is a small permanent discomfor for me because the girls have shown that they are able to compose their own music. In fact, many of my favorite songs were composed by them as Want you.

Anyway, I hope that someday the girls can release an album with songs made just for them Happy

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 Firma12
Back to top Go down
somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It's funny because I was just thinking about this on my way back to the computer xD.

In my opinion...
I think Haruna should eat more. She's so skinny...it doesn't look healthy at all. It worries me a little.

Mami should sing more. Her voice is actually really good and can give Tomo and Haru a break.

Tomomi's voice is sometimes a little... squeaky as most people here said. And sometimes from the interviews and them being a little silly, I think sometimes she overdoes it... and does things like "ehhhhh" too much. I find it a little... irritating. 

Rina should just stick with drums. I don't want to see her in a dress trying to be cute and all. I want to see her rocking it out with her drums.

I really miss the old days where the portrayed themselves (school uniforms, black hair, etc) more as a rock band and where they just straight up played music without being "cutesy". 

Another thing that annoys me is when I bought their new CD with the making of their new song (the extra special bonus)... I was really hoping for subtitles... but there were none. But I find it very strange that they translated the warning copyright from Japanese to English though >_>

This is quite a long post and it probably went off topic. I must apologize if I offended anyone here. Please forgive me if I have..please.

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 NAcXfXa
Credits go to Scandalsuki 
Back to top Go down

joethecurious

Caless Student
Caless Student
masufcpys wrote:... the thing that I really don´t like about them is, as many people already here said, that they don´t include their own songs in their CD. I´m not complaning about they don´t write their own songs because they do and they do it really well. So, why there are so few songs written for them on their CD? It is a marketing decision? It is because they are not enough fast to write it?
Looking from the point of view of marketing, I think it would work better if the songs were completely written by the girls.

Also do not think that is the speed (do not know if they write fast or slow), but with the time career that they already have, probably they would have already release at least one album with only songs written by them.

Perhaps it is a decision of the record company.
It may be that they do not consider the most of the songs they write good enough to get in the records.
Maybe they still do not feel comfortable with their own compositions.

Or maybe it's a combination of some or more of these factors.

Well it is a lot of "maybes".

masufcpys wrote:Anyway, I hope that someday the girls can release an album with songs made just for them Happy
Me too.

Back to top Go down
Medios

Medios

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://luthfiadytra.wordpress.com
First of all, inspiration isn't that easy to find, especially a great one. That's why they don't write as many songs as you'd want them to. But in the recent albums/singles/songs, they at least took part in the making of the songs, like the ones in QaT for instance. They're professionals, but they're still young, so I don't really expect a lot of inspirations coming their way yet, and that is why I don't expect too much about them writing their own songs completely.

And to make my post a little less off-topic, I don't have anything I don't like about them. They always do their best to entertain us, and I do my best to support them in doing so. The only thing I'm gonna criticize is that they don't have their singles (just albums) in stores in my country, but I think that's the marketing part to blame, not the band.

.omg.Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 4 Scanda13.wtf.
HARUNA x RINA x TOMOMI x MAMI
Back to top Go down
boobooli

boobooli

Caless Student
Caless Student
well
i dont like that only rina always types their blog haha
i want to know more about haruna

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I think spacecadet explained that in an old post. In Japan each band is more of a "company work" rather than a completely creative 3-4 members thing.

In USA or other countries, being a band is a work of a few people where they write and compose the melody and take a long time to release albums usually.

In Japan a band is not only the few musicians but also a whole company/staff that works for the band and help it, it's more of a group work. They help each other and have a more scheduled type of work. At least that's how I understood it, and it probably doesn't apply to all the japanese band of course.

I have to admit I was also a bit disappointed by that, because in my opinion a "real" band should write the lyrics/melody alone, it's a creative, artistic process.

But after giving it some thoughts... if you think about it it's just a different style/culture and it doesn't really matter in the end!

The girls are part of most of songs and even if they don't write 100% of the lyrics/melody they participate a lot and have their word to say. Also once that the song is created, they sing it, they perform it, it becomes theirs and they give it their personal "touch"/style". So even if their songs are not 100% "HARUNA, MAMI, RINA or TOMOMI" only, each of their song IS SCANDAL.

It's not like they just sit there being pretty and then are slaves and are told what to do and how to do it. Sure the staff/company's opinion or decision must be important but from what I could see and understand the girls have a huge role to play and they do what they want most of the time. So they are a real band, it's just another culture and how you perceive what a band should be.

Back to top Go down
baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:...
In USA or other countries, being a band is a work of a few people where they write and compose the melody and take a long time to release albums usually.

In Japan a band is not only the few musicians but also a whole company/staff that works for the band and help it, it's more of a group work. They help each other and have a more scheduled type of work. At least that's how I understood it, and it probably doesn't apply to all the japanese band of course.
I'm not really sure about this because I thought there are many Jap singers/band that write their music and lyric themselves (or at least most of it, like 90% of the album). From my knowledge, Yui and Utada Hikaru did that. And isn't Stereopony also wrote their own music and lyrics? The producer may be different person though, this is the person in-charge of overall things (like recording, mixing, arranging, post-production, etc...). cmiiw...

So I think if the expectation is just for them to write and compose both music and lyric, I think it's achieveable. But if it's to produce the whole entire album themselves (i.e. becoming the producer), that may be difficult. I think even not many American artists do that.

For me, I'm fine with them not writing their own music, I believe it's a process and the girls will gradually be more involved in it. I would rather they come out with a good music though written be other people rather than a so-so music written by themselves. I'm not saying the girls cannot write music, I'm just saying it may take some time for them to be more musically mature to be able to write good songs to fill the entire album.

What I don't like about them is that some of their songs are too cutesy like "Glamorous you", "Sparkling", "Kill the Virgin" etc, I prefer their cool and rockish image. How I wish they release a single like "Shunkan Sentimental" again, that would be awesome!!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.