You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
I miss their black hair, especially on Mami.. I don't like that she's painting her hair once in every two weeks Sad

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 5 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down
Makkuro

Makkuro

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://bucktickmusic.forumotion.com
They have a bit of an idol-ish attitude,umm...Haruna's voice is a bit too soft for the genre. That's all I can think of now...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 5 8FgFBpi
“It must be an illusion? Isn’t it pathetic? Tell me!”
“Is it a lie? Is it the truth? It doesn’t matter to me”
Back to top Go down
Green Soshi

Green Soshi

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm still learning about Scandal but the only thing I actually really have a problem with is that it's so hard to find any vids of them.
Not only are their performances hard to find, but the English subs are like gold when I come across it. .toj.

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 5 Snsd___scandal_by_soshi4eva-d3c549k
By: Soshi4eva
Back to top Go down
meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@Green Soshi reach 50 post and you will be grant an access on the mrdia section where you can see lots of their videos.

Back to top Go down

iheartsnsd2

Caless Student
Caless Student
I don't like how there is so few videos of them on youtube. I want to watch so videos of them with eng subs. Other than that, I like them.

Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The stupidity of SONY, for one... Keeping on removing vids and pvs etc. Ticks me off to no end. 

Second, not liking how there's a single released pretty much between a week or a month before a full length album. It's SONY's moneymaking scheme and honestly, even though the singles don't sell as much as the others, it still works and manages to chart. All I'm saying though, is that it's just plain stupid. It's more unnecessary promotion work for that single before the album and just adds to the hectic schedule, not to mention that fans don't exactly have an infinite supply of money... If an album which has all their past singles for the year, including that newest single, which one would you prefer to get?

Back to top Go down
carmana

carmana

Caless Student
Caless Student
They should stick to more hardcore rock! I like the sound of Love Survive, Rock'n Roll etc.

No more pop songs please Happy

Back to top Go down
LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://davegrohlssideburns.tumblr.com
carmana wrote:They should stick to more hardcore rock! I like the sound of Love Survive, Rock'n Roll etc.

I totally agree with you. Japan is already full of pop artists, so why not more rock songs? Wink

Back to top Go down
SeleneUsagi

SeleneUsagi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I don't like that SONY announce the release dates of their singles generally at the same day of the AKB48 singles, yes, at first I though was a coincidence, but for example the case of the General Election single of AKB48 was released the same day of Awanai Tsumori no Genki de ne and the release of the album "Queens are Thrumps" was released the same day at the AKB48's album 1830m and the list continues with their sisters groups involved

I will being honest and I hope that it don't hurt anybody, at the moment SCANDAL will never reach to the same singles sales that AKB48, and least in the Elections season when their fans became crazy to buy most of 25.000 singles or more, the Request Best Setlist Hour or the Senbatsu Janken Taikai if SONY wants to make money I really doubt about that dates of releases

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 5 Sin_ta11
Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 5 Syachi10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.cool.
Back to top Go down
NgTengYu

NgTengYu

Caless Student
Caless Student
I know they are a rock band, and what their supposed to do is rock, but... I actually do hope they have more different genres. It adds versatility to the band and music.

Back to top Go down
lazzal

lazzal

Caless Student
Caless Student
im not exactly in tune with the whole fan club thing... but i really don't like the idea of paying to be a member.. feels like the fans are being milked out.... but i dunno....deli.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Aries

Mr.Aries

International Performer
International Performer
Mami~ wrote:I miss their black hair, especially on Mami.. I don't like that she's painting her hair once in every two weeks Sad

Me too.....I miss Mami-chan's hair style just like when they were in "Love Survive PV".....

And one more thing, I feel sad because they are so skinny now, especially Haruna-chan. Well, it's not like I hate slender and skinny girl, but I hate if they are too strict on their diet and ignore their own "happiness". I think the "OLD SCANDAL" was healthier and sexier, just like in "BEAUTeen!! and Taiyou To Kimi Ga Egaku Story" PV....

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 5 Rvx4lg
Back to top Go down

Jericho07

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mr.Aries wrote:
Mami~ wrote:I miss their black hair, especially on Mami.. I don't like that she's painting her hair once in every two weeks Sad

Me too.....I miss Mami-chan's hair style just like when they were in "Love Survive PV".....

And one more thing, I feel sad because they are so skinny now, especially Haruna-chan. Well, it's not like I hate slender and skinny girl, but I hate if they are too strict on their diet and ignore their own "happiness". I think the "OLD SCANDAL" was healthier and sexier, just like in "BEAUTeen!! and Taiyou To Kimi Ga Egaku Story" PV....

I totally agree with u. Haruna is just too skinny for me. she hv to gain some weight!

Back to top Go down
ghelilayxmami

ghelilayxmami

Caless Student
Caless Student
carmana wrote:They should stick to more hardcore rock! I like the sound of Love Survive, Rock'n Roll etc.

.uhuh.  same here... i can't even stand listening pinheel surfer...

Back to top Go down
MamiSoul

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
carmana wrote:
They should stick to more hardcore rock! I like the sound of Love Survive, Rock'n Roll etc.

I agree... I listened to their old songs first (new to them) and that's the SCANDAL I like love. The 'new' one is slipping away from rock and has back-up dancers and etc...Their clothing is less... Shunkan Sentimental outfits were awsome-compare those to Pinheel Surfer. :/ Do you guys think SCANDAL chose this new thing or that they're being 'idolized' to get more popular?.hmmm.   I know some people may like the 'new' SCANDAL but I love the 'old' one- what if they stay like this .omg. What if they are just being idolized and start doing pop O_o If they get any worse-well not worse but...If they change even more I'll miss them so much. I'm not saying that because I'm a fan ,but I'm saying that because I really genuinely will miss them. -I like them doing other genres, after all Kagerou is one of my favorite songs Tongue ,but I hope they do more rock..balloon. 

Last edited by MamiSoul on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
SoulConnection wrote:Do you guys think SCANDAL chose this new thing or that they're being 'idolized' to get more popular?

My guess is it's a combination of their record label wanting to make them more popular by making poppier songs and the band members personally either getting bored with their earlier style or thinking they're being more "grown up" now.

Bands do change over time; it happens to everybody. Especially young bands that really don't want to be stuck doing the same things over and over. I agree though, I'm not as big a fan of this new Scandal. I feel myself becoming somewhat less interested in what they're doing now. I have not even ordered their new single yet (and if I do, it'll only be because of the DVD)...

what if they stay like this .omg. What if they are just being idolized and start doing pop O_o If they get any worse-well not worse but...If they change even more I'll miss them SO much. I'm not saying that because I'm a fan but I'm saying that because I really genuily will miss them.

I feel sort of the same way. However I have a theory about Scandal, as someone who's been listening to Japanese artists like Scandal for 15-20 years, that leads me to believe they won't change much more than they already have. But yeah, I actually already kinda miss them. I just watched part of the Girl's Factory performance and I just feel like that's not the Scandal I grew to love back in 2009 (which wasn't really that long ago!) They've lost some of their uniqueness and personality as a band.

I am sure that if you sat down with any of them and talked to them, they are exactly the same as always. So I'm not saying they've changed individually, but as a band, their image and music have definitely changed. It's beyond losing the school uniforms - I understand why they did that and support it. And again, the change is not unexpected, but it is just kinda sad when it actually happens.

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I'm also a bit worried with the Kagen single and b-side but I don't think they will go all pop now. For reminder their latest single Awanai and his b-side are surely not pop... They play the b-side lately all the time (tour, live events/festivals).

I'm not a musician or expert or anything and I posted that already somewhere, but honestly their sound didn't changed THAT much lately. If you look at the singles they had 4 "garage" songs, the first 4 singles and they were all released in a few months span back in 2008.

Since then they have their normal rock songs, their ballads, their popish songs, etc, just check Awanai then Kagen, they are just changing it depending on the song, it's not all pop now. Even in 2009 already they had songs like Yumemiru Tsubasa or Sakura Goodbye, and you can't call them garage songs right? So basically they changed a lot between 2008 and 2009 but not so much after that.

Now maybe i'm missing something here, maybe you are all musicians and have high standards or can hear all the difference when they play with their instruments but what i'm trying to say I guess is that they didn't start to change 2 weeks ago or something, they are basically like that since 2009.

Well maybe that's just me, i'm a "new" fan since April this year so maybe i'm too blinded and just like them too much currently to see the truth =P

But yeah of course I hope they stay rock and I don't want to see too much song like Kagen for example... I hope the next one is really rock. I think this debate is endless anyway :p But we could get an answer with their next album later this year.

It will be a good way to tell what they want now. If half the album sounds like Kagen... well then they are more pop. Who knows maybe this album will be the best ever! Nice one 

To get back on topic and something I don't like about SCANDAL... Well I don't like the fact that they play the same setlist (or basically the same) on TV.

Like just now recently with the Robot event, rock in japan and summer sonic, 3 lives on TV and always the same songs. I want to see different songs played live on TV not always the same! Like the Kill the Virgin in rock in japan, that was a great addition and a huge change!!!

Obviously they have to play some songs like Awanai and Kagen to promote htme (2 latest singles, absolutely normal to play them!) but not sure why they play Taiyou or Love Survive in 3 lives in a row on TV... Put other song there, you just made a tour and mixed it up every night by adding new songs so you know how to play a lot of songs currently girls!

That's my current problem with them but not a big deal anyway haha .love. 

Back to top Go down
ScandalLove

ScandalLove

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think Scandal's just following orders from their label? Don't you noticed that almost all of their songs aren't made by the members? I mean, some songs their the ones who's making the words and sometimes the music but.. Most of their songs are made by others. And, it's really impossible that the band doesn't have any or better yet original songs made by them. After all, their a band and it's a must that they're making their own songs. Just like Emotion both words and music by Rina. Very Special and Bitter Chocolate by both Rina and Timo and the songs are quite good. We don't know maybe they have songs on their own that isn't approved by the label?.. I don't know xD but still.. If so, it's unfair! We really don't know what's really happening.

I really don't know if any of you get what I said or does it makes any sense at all? XD

But I agree about you that I miss Scandal with uniforms Happy And, I kinda like their new songs its pretty relaxing. After all their main genre is PopRock and we can't remove the fact that there will be poppy melodies, And, I disagree about them changing looks just to be 'idolized' after all they hate being called an idol band because they're a band. 

Sorry, it's pretty long xD

.hi. 
Happy.Unity.Heart Strong.
Back to top Go down
Sugarcube

Sugarcube

International Performer
International Performer
http://apieceofsheet.tumblr.com/
I was so excited about that live version of Kill The Virgin but when I've finally watched it, I was a bit. . . uh. . .

I didn't like how Tomomi sang there. She was too. . . squeaky. All those sounds she made at the end of every line were not so good to my ears.

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 5 T2xy8t6
Back to top Go down
Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Sugarcube wrote:I was so excited about that live version of Kill The Virgin but when I've finally watched it, I was a bit. . . uh. . .

I didn't like how Tomomi sang there. She was too. . . squeaky. All those sounds she made at the end of every line were not so good to my ears.

The first time I listened to the live performance I was shocked by how squeaky Tomomi was, but the more I listened to it the less I noticed it. I actually really like the performance now.

But yeah, sometimes she can get pretty squeaky (especially in DOLL).

Back to top Go down
baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Sugarcube wrote:I was so excited about that live version of Kill The Virgin but when I've finally watched it, I was a bit. . . uh. . .

I have to agree very much on this. The squeakiness is getting magnified in their live performance. Those sound bother me also, she did that in some live of other songs like 'Kagerou' and 'One Piece' but never as much as 'Kill the Virgin'.

Got to be honest, Tomomi's voice is what prevented me from liking Scandal earlier. I already got to know them probably early last year when I was looking for girl bands, but after hearing Tomomi's singing I skipped them. Luckily, Scandal has a lot of good songs with less of her voice to get me back to them sometime end of last year. I got hooked after listening to Shunkan and Scandal Baby.

Now I'm kinda used to Tomo's voice on the recording, it's actually not so bad except for a couple of songs. But when she sings live, she overdoes it a lot which bothers me still...No offense to Tomomi's fans, I have nothing against the girl, it's just her voice.

Back to top Go down
macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It is understandable that not everyone will like everything about SCANDAL but considering how integral Tomo is to the band, if her voice causes this much discontent and dissatisfaction then I'm afraid some of you might have to reevaluate your interest in the band.

Her voice is an indispensable part of their sound and vocal mix and I'm afraid she is going to continue to sing, whether people like it or not. Also, she can't help sounding that high pitched, she even sounds like that when she talks. Not liking how Tomo sings is going to make listening to SCANDAL very...."inconvenient".

Back to top Go down
Mr.Aries

Mr.Aries

International Performer
International Performer
macdyne73 wrote:It is understandable that not everyone will like everything about SCANDAL but considering how integral Tomo is to the band, if her voice causes this much discontent and dissatisfaction then I'm afraid some of you might have to reevaluate your interest in the band.

Her voice is an indispensable part of their sound and vocal mix and I'm afraid she is going to continue to sing, whether people like it or not. Also, she can't help sounding that high pitched, she even sounds like that when she talks. Not liking how Tomo sings is going to make listening to SCANDAL very...."inconvenient".

Just let them be, fella........it can't be helped if they didn't like Timo's voice. But if they then lost interest to SCANDAL just because they didn't like Tomo-chan's voice.....they are free to admire "another" all female band.......You can't call yourself "real SCANDAL fans" if you just love 1 or 2 member of the band.....because if you love SCANDAL, you should love all member.....

Back to top Go down
baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@macdyne73 I know that I can't expect Tomomi not to sing that way, so I'll just have to deal with it or stop listening to them. I'm fully aware of that. There are things that I like and dislike about Scandal, as many people here as well. But as long as there are much more 'likes' than 'dislikes', I don't think I will lose interest in them anytime soon.

@Mr.Aries You're right. I never thought of myself as 'real Scandal fans' or 'real <insert any artist name> fans' because I always like all artists objectively. There are always things that I like or dislike about every artists. 

And as I have mentioned, I have nothing against Tomomi, I just dislike her voice. But not only dislike, there are things that I like about Tomomi as well, the same thing goes with Haruna, Mami, and Rina.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Aries

Mr.Aries

International Performer
International Performer
@Baymon : Well, if you are an objective fans type, then I have nothing to say. Every person has right to like or dislike something. At least just make sure you wouldn't insult SCANDAL if someday you stop listening to them or even dislike or hate them in this forum. Surely I don't need to explain the consequence if you dare to do it, right?Onion Smile 

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.