Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

YoonSic

YoonSic

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Lol I'm really looking forward to the new jingle
That episode was really fun, I laughed a lot when listening haha
The staffs are really creative, bringing the ocarinas  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 1f602

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Making a travel guide for the 『SCANDAL MANIA TOUR』 that starts in April!?

Episode #56 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 16Im6RI

HARUNA: Staffer Kawai-chan has prepared some sakura (cherry blossoms) for us.

RINA: The sakura are adorable.

HARUNA: We'll be bringing you this episode...while looking at flowers...and while eating snacks.
That said, this week we'll be doing a project related to "SCANDAL MANIA TOUR 2021 request" that starts on April 3rd.
It is titled:
「Tour guidebook」!!

TOMOMI: 「Tour guidebook」... sounds cute.

MAMI: But it's pretty normal, in a good way...

HARUNA: Yes. It gives off a "guidebook for field trips or school trips" vibe.
We'll be carrying it out trends, countermeasures, important pointers, etc. for the tour in Catch up-like fashion.

MAMI: Trends and countermeasures...?

HARUNA: On this fan club tour we will be going to seven locations nationwide:
Fukuoka, Osaka, Sendai, Yokohama, Tokyo, Sapporo, Nagoya

HARUNA: First up will be our 「Enthusiasm for the tour」 since it's our first tour in forever.

TOMOMI: Since our tour last year was canceled/postponed.
It has been a while...so let's do our best. Something like that?

MAMI: That's it?

HARUNA: At any rate, we're looking forward to seeing everyone.
A popularity contest for SCANDAL's songs is currently being held until August, and we thought we'd do a sort of interim announcement on the tour.
So every time the ranking changes, each location's set list may change.
We also want to tour while feeling excited.

And the second one is: 「Eating only Meiji sweets」

MAMI: Well of course.

TOMOMI: Not "Spend up to 300 yen"?
That is more "guidebook"-ish.
I wonder if it's still "up to 300 yen."

MAMI: I want it to be "up to 300 yen."

TOMOMI: Wouldn't that be difficult?
Aren't prices [for sweets] higher than they used to be?

RINA: Do you even bring sweets to a concert in the first place??

HARUNA: That's true. What should we do...

RINA: You can't eat them at a venue. It's not allowed.

TOMOMI: What about eating them by the time you get to the venue?
On field trips you eat them on the bus while you're on the way.

HARUNA: It's not like you can eat whenever you want, though.

TOMOMI: Please refrain from eating during a concert.
Eh? Is this a "guidebook" for us? Or is it a "guidebook" for the fans?

HARUNA: Isn't it for us?

RINA: Isn't it for the fans??

HARUNA: For the fans, huh...

RINA: I mean, we're not telling ourselves how enthusiastic we are for our tour...

MAMI: That's true.

TOMOMI: For the fans, huh...

RINA: It's for the fans.

HARUNA: I see. So, to our fans: Please only eat Meiji sweets.

TOMOMI: Make sure to follow that.

HARUNA: And number 3 is...a quiz. Eh, a quiz?

TOMOMI: It really is for us...

MAMI: The fans can enjoy it too, right?

HARUNA: So here's the question:
"The seven places on this tour are:
Fukuoka, Osaka, Miyagi (Sendai), Kanagawa (Yokohama), Tokyo, Hokkaido (Sapporo), Aichi (Nagoya)
Please arrange them in descending order of area and prefecture."

The correct answer to the quiz question can be heard during the program!

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I've never been a fan of Meiji sweets but hearing the band talk about them every show has actually gotten me interested. Have to say some are really quite delicious!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 56

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 KmoQr0K
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 KpaJr7u

•The episode starts off with this.

•The band then tries to answer the quiz question to rank the prefectures they're going to on tour in descending order of size. They rank Hokkaido as #1, which they know for sure due to how big Hokkaido is (the largest prefecture in Japan), but they're not sure what would come next. TOMO thinks it might be Fukuoka and MAMI thinks it might be Miyagi. TOMO thinks that Miyagi seems small due to its neighbors Akita and Iwate, which are large, but it might actually be large. HARU says that they're bad with this kind of stuff. MAMI says that guessing either Tokyo or Osaka as #2 would probably be incorrect. She and HARU also mention Aichi and say that that's big as well. They're about to agree on Fukuoka when MAMI wonders about Kanagawa, but TOMO and RINA say they think it's fairly small. They all wonder if it's bigger than Tokyo, and then wonder if Tokyo could be the smallest. RINA says they should just wing it while the staff laughs in the backgound.

•They start listing them in the order they think is correct: Hokkaido, Fukuoka, Miyagi, Aichi, Kanagawa, Osaka, Tokyo. The staff then gives them the correct answer, which is: Hokkaido, Miyagi, Aichi, Fukuoka, Kanagawa, Tokyo, Osaka. That means they got all of them wrong except for Hokkaido. MAMI, who is from Aichi, is surprised that it's pretty big. They say that this was a good learning experience.

•HARU then reads part 4 of the guidebook, which is another quiz and is about Fukuoka: "What does the word 'sacchi' (さっち) mean in Hakata dialect?" MAMI says that she's never heard that word before. RINA says, "It's not short for 'sakki' (さっき; previously), right?", which it is not. HARU thinks it might be related to words like "acchi" or "docchi" (あっち; that way - どっち; which way). RINA wonders if there are words associated with it, which there are not. TOMO guesses "samui" (寒い; cold), which is incorrect. They ask the staff for a hint. The staff gives the example "Sacchi kuru kara ne" (さっち来るからね). TOMO guesses "mou sugu" (もうすぐ; soon), which is wrong but close. She then guesses "kondo" (今度; next time), also wrong. MAMI guesses "ashita" (明日; tomorrow), then "mata" (また; again), which are both wrong. RINA guesses "mou ikkai" (もう一回; once more), which the staff says is close. The staff also says that it's a word often used. MAMI says "zettai" (絶対; absolutely). The staff says that's pretty much right but not quite it. TOMO then says "kitto" (きっと; no doubt), which isn't quite it either. MAMI says "koretara" (来れたら; if you/I can make it). HARU laughs and TOMO inserts it into the example sentence given earlier: "I'll come if I can!" which the others laugh at. They wonder what it is, and that it seems that "zettai" is the closest to the right answer. The staffer just goes ahead and says it: "kanarazu" (必ず; absolutely). They all say they didnt know about this word before and that they've never heard it before either. TOMO says that it's a cute word.

•Next is a quiz about Osaka: "Who made the original song for Kani Doraku, famous for the moving crab sign in Dotonbori, Osaka?" MAMI asks if any of them know the song. TOMO says no, but RINA seems to know the answer and goes, "Isn't it Kida Tarou?", which is the right answer. MAMI goes, "Eh?!" and HARU goes, "As expected!" (probably since RINA was born in Osaka). RINA says that he writes a lot of songs that repeat themselves over and over again.

•Next is a quiz about Miyagi: "What does, 'Ah, ohayou kutsushita ja nee ka! (あ、おはよう靴下じゃねぇか!)' mean?" Right away RINA says that she knows what it is and HARU goes, "How do you know?!" and RINA says that a fan told her about it. She says that it's when your big toe sticks out of a hole in your sock (like this), which is correct. They then remember they all learned about it during their 2018 HONEY tour, which is when fans could submit quiz questions to the band to be answered during each concert and this question popped up. RINA says she remembers it so well because it was a pretty memorable thing.

•Next is a quiz about Kanagawa: "What is the nickname for Yokohama's famous soy sauce container included in shumai bento?" MAMI says "sakana" (fish), as in a fish-shaped container, which the others laugh at. They say that shape is pretty standard anyway. TOMO asks the staff if it being in a shumai bento matters, which it does not. MAMI guesses "Tarou-kun," which is incorrect but the staff says it is something like that. TOMO says "Shumai-kun" (bzzt), HARU says "Hyoutan" (bzzt), MAMI says "Shoyu-kun" (bzzt), then "Sauce-kun" (bzzt), TOMO says "Peanuts-kun" (bzzt). HARU says "Omame" (bean), which the others laugh at and say sounds cute. The staff it's similar to "Hyou-tan," which HARU had said before. TOMO and RINA say "Hyou-tan-kun" (bzzt), TOMO says "Hyou-tan" (bzzt), then "Hyouta-kun" (bzzt), then "Hyou-kun" (bzzt). The staff seemingly says that she's close, and she then answers "Hyou-chan," which is correct. The others are surprised and didn't know about it.

•Next is a quiz about Hokkaido: "What does '__ shoya (しょや)' mean?" TOMO guesses "shiyou ya (しようや; let's do this)," which is wrong. MAMI says "hajimete no yoru" (初めての夜; first night - the kanji for 'first' 初 can be read as "sho" and the kanji for 'night' 夜 can be read as "ya"). It's incorrect, but the others laugh at it. TOMO says "shinaide" (しないで; don't do __) and MAMI says "mottekite" (持ってきて; bring along), which are both wrong. RINA guesses "desho" (でしょ; right?), which is correct. You would use it in a sentence like, "It's delicious, right? (おいしいでしょう?/おいしいしょや?)" They say it sounds cute.

•Last up is a quiz about Aichi: "Which of the following is the actual place name in Aichi Prefecture? Maguro, Katsuo, Hamachi." The words given are names of fish: tuna, bonito, yellowtail. RINA says that HARU probably knows what it is since she's from Aichi, but she says she doesn't know. MAMI, who is also from Aichi, says she too doesn't know and wonders where this place actually is. TOMO says that either Maguro and Hamachi sound likely. The others agree with Hamachi, likely because it contains the word for city ("machi") in it. TOMO then says that Maguro kind of sounds like the city Meguro in Tokyo, which the others laugh at. She says she could imagine what kanji would be used for either of those places. HARU asks what about Katsuo, and TOMO thinks for a second before saying that that could be a likely place too. Both HARU and MAMI wonder where this place could be in Aichi. MAMI guesses that it's close to the sea. HARU and TOMO guess Hamachi, which is incorrect and surprises them. The staff surprises them by saying that it's the name of a city and is in the Kita Ward of Aichi. MAMI and HARU try estimating where this place could be if you were to take the trains. HARU says that there definitely wouldn't be a place called "Katsuo" on it. It turns out that the correct answer is Maguro (Maguro-cho).

•The fifth and final part of the guidebook is "Things they want to understand before they go on tour." HARU then reads some messages from listeners who say something related to the yakibidashi they talked about in a previous episode, but it's kind of boring so I will not be translating it lol. TOMO also goes on a bit of a rant about the differences with how people from Kansai and people from Kanto will tell someone that they want to go out to eat together, but it's hard to really translate into English lol. It's basically just slight variations in what words are used.

•The band closes out the episode by saying that they learned a lot of things they previously didn't know about and say it was interesting.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here. I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 6WYlmoJ spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 WvLQhcz

#front-page #catchup

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thank you for the links to the stuff they talk about. More cultural detail than YouTube, for sure. I really appreciate it!

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 54
•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who only recently became a SCANDAL fan and whose former favorite bands included ALFEE and KISS.

They wonder what the common points could be, and MAMI says that all of the members sing and that there's at least one flashy member in each band. They chuckle at that and TOMO says that from ALFEE it would be Takamizawa and from SCANDAL it would be MAMI.

After reading this^ I'd thought Takamizawa looked terribly familiar, even though I don't know this band. Then I realised it was because he and his bandmates host a show that Scandal had appeared on at least once before, in this episode. They even poked fun at him after learning that Rina is/was Mami's fangirl.

2 weeks late to the realisation lol but better late than never  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 1f602

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think Tomomi and Takamizawa both appear in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57C8DUVm-94

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Introducing a bunch of messages tonight. A message from someone who owns an uninhabited island!

Episode #57 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 XCeEEPf

HARUNA: It's now April. And our tour has begun.

RINA: It has.

HARUNA: This week we'll just be reading messages.
It's actually been a while since we've done this.

TOMOMI: It's because we often did segments.

HARUNA: I'll read one.

Air Terminal, formerly Tsugumu

I decided to send a message after listening to the "MAMImume, uninhabited islands" broadcast. I was born and raised in Tokyo, and when the Tohoku Earthquake happened 10 years ago I got the understanding of my family to secure a place to evacuate from the earthquake and bought a plot on a small island for a rather cheap 800,000 yen ($8,000 USD) from a friend in the Philippines.

Not everything on the island is mine, but I've gone to the plot many times to build a house made of wood from scratch so that I can grow vegetables in the fields, and now I'm able to finally live in that house. However, I need to go often as a house made of wood is very difficult to maintain because of things like mold due to rain. The fields are deteriorating too.

At first it seemed cheap at 800,000 yen, but by building a house and factoring in the cost of plane trips + the money to maintain the plot, I feel that I'm spending a lot of money now, 10 years later.

More than anything, after listening to the "MAMImume, uninhabited islands" broadcast, it made me wonder what I'd do if a big earthquake were to hit the island house I own, and it was a good opportunity to consider another island in a safe place with less rain.

P.S. Managing fields that are closer to you is so much better.

HARUNA: ...and there you have it. That's surprising!

MAMI: That broadcast brought about an opportunity...

TOMOMI: What's more, it motivated them to want to buy [another] island...

HARUNA: This project had us thinking, "Who's this going to strike a chord with?"...

MAMI: It certainly did...

TOMOMI: Someone who already owns an island.

RINA: The Philippines, huh... It certainly does seem like it rains a lot. That sounds like bad news for things made out of wood.

HARUNA: They basically had no choice but to live there; it seems difficult to go back and forth.

RINA: But that's awesome.

MAMI: 10 years, that's crazy... And they're going to buy another one.

RINA: ...what job do they have? What an amazing person.

TOMOMI: Next up is a message from Sawa-san.
We're doing even more overtime for "Eh, seriously?" without getting permission.
Everyone's favorite "Eh, seriously?"

MAMI: Everyone's sending in whatever they want...

Sawa

I was happy to hear my message read for the first time during the live broadcast special. I have another "Eh, seriously?" story, so I'm sending it in.

This happened before the pandemic. On my way home from work, a drunk guy bumped into me at the station. During his apology, I found out that our trains were heading in the same direction so we ended up heading back together.

As we talked, it turned out that we were 10 years apart in age and that we went to the same middle school. Talking about our hometowns was exciting.

While being shaken in the crowded train, we talked about middle school love happenings. There were two empty seats right behind where we were standing, so we sat down. I was asked if I had a boyfriend then, and when I was about to answer I saw that my ex-boyfriend that I dated in middle school was sitting in front of me.

I didn't notice him because he had been standing up until then, but I had been talking to the guy right above my ex's head. We didn't have the cleanest breakup, so I unintentionally lied and said I probably didn't have a boyfriend in middle school.

I was also surprised that I met a senpai from my hometown in a weird twist of fate, but seeing my ex-boyfriend at the end was the exact definition of "Eh, seriously?"

MAMI: That's a crazy coincidence... How awkwardー

RINA: Things like that really happen? That'd be a strange development even a drama, wouldn't it?

HARUNA: Even just seeing your ex is a "Eh, seriously?" development.

RINA: I want to send them something.

TOMOMI: This is kind of good day.

RINA: It's fun to listen to these mysterious developments.

This program's getting more and more fun thanks to everyone sending in messages about their wonderful experiences. We're always grateful for your help. Please give us more!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 57

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 HZVrvHM
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 UZLMuLX

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who became a fan after watching RINA's videos featuring HARU and thought they had wonderful personalities. They are writing in for the GyouColle (industry terms) segment. The word in Japanese for "pulling an all nighter" is usually "tetsuya" (徹夜), but at their college they call it "shuuya" (終夜). The band says that's a cool word to use. When the listener first heard the term, they thought even the sound of it was refreshing and that they understood when they saw the kanji for the word. They said they haven't been able to do all-nighters in the lab due to the pandemic, and that before it they'd often go to the lab in the evening, pull an all-nighter, go home in the morning, and do it all over again. TOMO wonders what the listener is studying, and the others wonder as well. RINA and HARU say that they're happy about how they started listening to SCANDAL, and RINA says that a lot of fans have started being fans this way too recently. The listener had said that they were pulled in to the band with "A.M.D.K.J." and "Ceramic Blue," and MAMI wonders if they listened to those songs while in the lab. RINA jokes that that would be quite an intense lab session, which makes the others laugh.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener whose previous message about becoming a Shinto priest had been read during the second episode of the program. They say they were able to successfully obtain their qualification after graduating, but the one thing they regret about college is not being able to attend their graduation ceremony due to the pandemic and the state of emergency that was declared in Tokyo around the same time. They say they're looking forward to going to Tokyo again and also seeing SCANDAL live, and that they'll do their best doing what they can right now. The band congratulates the listener and says they did a great job, though it certainly is disappointing they weren't able to attend their graduation ceremony. RINA says that generation will share the same kind of sadness about not being able to go to graduation ceremonies, but hopefully they can look at it as being something positive perhaps 10 years down the line.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who is writing in in regards to a message featured in episode 37 (the one about a listener who became a father at age 21 and lives at his wife's parents' house). They say they married their wife 10 years ago and also had to move in with her mother who was often in bad moods like the first listener's MIL. They say that what the first listener is doing at the age of 21 is a very commendable thing, and reminds them that bad things don't last for very long. The listener apologizes for using this program to convey a message to another listener, but they really wanted to convey to them to do their best. The band thinks this was a good message and say that the reminder that bad things don't last for very long is sure to be very reassuring. RINA says that it's even more special when it's coming from someone who's experienced the same kind of thing.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who is writing in for the "ABC" (Fine Line Association) segment. TOMO pauses and asks, "What was 'ABC' again?", which the other members inform her of. The listener has been living on their own since they were 18, which makes for a total of 10 years now they've been doing so. When asked if they cook, they answered, "I love cooking - Somehow everything I make is delicious." In response, they were told, "Oh, so you're good at cooking." Inwardly, they were thinking of how they ask their mom about how to cook things and look up recipes on recipe sites or TV programs, so they're not actually good at cooking--they just follow recipes. The question they ask the band: What's the fine line between loving to cook and being a good cook? They also mention how they always see TOMO post her meals on her Instagram Stories and ask the other members which one TOMO is. They close out their message by saying thanks, which the band laughs at. MAMI says, "If you can make delicious food while following a recipe, doesn't that mean you're good at cooking?" The others agree. TOMO says, "If you like cooking because you're good at cooking, and if that cooking is good, then aren't you good at cooking?" And then goes, "Ah, what am I saying?", which the others laugh at. She then goes,"If you like cooking, isn't it okay to say that you are good at cooking if you can make things even more delicious?" The others say that they look at recipe sites too, which is totally fine to do. As for TOMO's cooking, HARU says that she's a good cook and the others agree. They say she's a good cook that loves to cook. TOMO thanks them and says they can come over to eat any time.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who is in their ninth year of working as a caregiver, which they feel is a tough but rewarding job, and would like to tell everyone a little more about their job, saying things like older people like foods with strong flavors like potato chips. RINA says that her mom is also a caregiver and has been doing it for many years. As an outsider she has nothing but respect for caregivers, and thinks that you need to be very caring in order to do this job perfectly. MAMI agrees that older people seem to like foods with strong flavors and references her grandma in her mid 80s who loves chips as well as pizza. She says that she can only eat about three slices of pizza since it's so dense, but her grandma can eat more than that. She also says that it's good when older people can eat a lot. RINA says that she thinks it's a really great job and that the number of people who are living well and happily is increasing because there are caregivers.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here. I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 6WYlmoJ spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 WvLQhcz

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Guidance for the new fiscal year! If you listen to this, you'll understand "SCANDAL Catch up"!

Episode #58 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 JNUbamv

HARUNA: So, for this week...
We're doing the first "「Catch up」! 〜Guidance for the new fiscal year〜"
This program's now in its second year, and now we've gotten more new listeners
And want to have more of them participate in this program,
This episode we'll once more be holding a lecture as to what "Catch up" is.

"Catch up" means "What's been going on lately?"...
We gave it that title with the hope that it would be easy to interact with listeners in that way, and as its entering its second year, the many messages from listeners has made this a very significant program. The number of segments are increasing... They'll be adjusted, but they'll increase again - That's what this program is all about.

Let's introduce several of the segments.
First up is the "Fine Line Association" (境界線協会; Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai)

RINA: Our top favorite. The most exciting.

HARUNA: Translated to English it would be "Association of Borderline on Catch up," or shortened to "ABC" [Note: I mentioned this before, but I don't refer to this segment using that title/acronym as it's a little Engrishy lol].
We also forget what "ABC" means when it's suddenly mentioned.

TOMOMI: It sounds good in Japanese as "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai"; why bother to put it in English?

RINA: But we have a lot of overseas listeners [Note: lol maybe I should write in and tell them the title isn't very good English].

MAMI: That's certainly true. But maybe it'd be understood better if it was called "KK."

RINA: That's how it'd translate in Japanese. It's a popular segment.

HARUNA: Some fine lines we have discussed so far are...
Geniuses vs. eccentrics, kindness vs. meddling, tastefully done paintings vs. badly done paintings, kissaten vs. cafes, "shinyou" (to believe and have faith in) vs. "shinrai" (to believe and rely on)
"sugoi (awesome, crazy, to a great extent, etc.)" vs. "yabai (crazy, awesome, bad, dangerous, etc.)," the line between what's a side dish and what's not

MAMI: The "line between what's a side dish and what's not" one was about whether or not karaage (fried chicken) was a side dish or not.

HARUNA: It's a continuous deliberation. Now let's see what kinds of messages we've received.

Yasunana

Hello, SCANDAL.
I enjoy listening to this program every week on my way to work!
There's been a fine line that's always been on my mind since becoming an adult.
SCANDAL, what do you think the fine line is between "tomodachi" (友達; friend - the kanji basically mean "person who you're close to") and "shinyuu" (親友; close or best friend - the kanji literally does mean "close friend")? I don't have many friends. I'll only be inviting three people to my wedding in March. When I hear the word "shinyuu," those three friends suddenly come to mind. I think those three surely must also consider me to be a "shinyuu." But when it comes to what makes them different from other friends, it's difficult to say what that fine line is!! SCANDAL, please clarify the fine line that's always been on my mind ever since becoming an adult!!!

MAMI: I see.

RINA: I wonder.

MAMI: Maybe it's feeling of someone seeming more like "tomodachi" rather than "shinyuu." If you spent almost every day with someone during your school days, that person's a "shinyuu." But when you grow up, you're not spending every day with them. That's why they no longer feel like a "shinyuu" to you.

RINA: It may be due to your lifestyles both changing when you grow up.

TOMOMI: Doesn't "shinyuu" give off a family-like vibe?

HARUNA: Totally.

TOMOMI: You can talk about anything and have discussions even about negative things. That may be what a "shinyuu" is.

HARUNA: A "shinyuu" perhaps is someone who you know you'll see soon even if you don't specifically make plans to meet up. A person you decide to meet up with even without making plans.

RINA: After our performance in Osaka the other day, a friend of mine from elementary school came to see us in concert for the first time. They have their own life, and our relationship is one where I consider once per year if I should contact them, but I got to see them for the first time in forever and they saw me playing music for the first time. It felt very natural and we had such a deep convo that it seemed as though the last time we met up was only the day before. It made me again think of how I want to keep this valuable relationship with them.

HARUNA: [The fine line between the two] is having someone that you want to treasure and help out no matter what happens.

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I often joke your best friend is the guy you know you can call to help you hide the body.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 58

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 Bzaz43t
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 NRNwHkP

•They continue talking about the "tomodachi vs. shinyuu" topic. RINA says that she thinks it's awesome that the listener has three friends they consider to be "shinyuu" [Note: For simplicity, I'm going to refer to "shinyuu" as "BFF" henceforth lol]. HARU agrees as people don't usually have that many. MAMI says that it's great that each of them seemingly consider themselves to be BFFs, which RINA agrees with. MAMI wonder what her own BFF from high school is up to now. RINA asks if they haven't been in contact lately. MAMI says no, and that no one else seems to know what's up with the friend either; it's like they just suddenly disappeared. She then rephrases it and says that no one can get in contact with that person. When she tried texting them, she got a reply back saying that a new person now has the friend's number and that they don't know who the friend is. That's why she's really interested to know what happened to them. TOMO thinks that if they ever meet up again someday, they'll still be able to talk with one another like they did when they were students. MAMI says she's interested in the details of what's going on with them, which the others agree with. HARU says that she's sure that the friend is doing well wherever they are. RINA says that it's great to have friends that you're still connected to after growing up.

•The next segment they talk about is the "I see - The Catch up" that consists of messages from overseas fans. They say that this segment is very informative. HARU reads a message from a listener who is celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this June. The band says that's awesome and congratulates them. The listener also mentions that from their POV, this year is also a lucky one for SCANDAL whose 15th anniversary is this year as well. They say that they had bought a ticket to the Paris show that was supposed to be held last September. They talk a little about the livestreams SCANDAL's done and say that watching a livestream is not the same as attending a concert directly, but it is different from watching a DVD at a concert at a later date and wonder why that is--after all, they're watching both on the same screen and listening to them with the same headphones. The band congratulates the listener again and a staffer asks them what age this listener could possibly be. RINA wonders if they're in their 70s, which the others seem to agree with. TOMO says that's awesome that this program has overseas listeners who are in their 70s. They talk about how it's nice they've also tuned into their livestreams and were to have seen them in Paris. RINA mentions that there are a lot of married couples in Europe who go to concerts as a date.

•TOMO says that there's also a "Fine Line Association"-like question in there with the mention of why livestreams are different from concert DVDs. They say they totally get it. RINA says that it's in part due to the excitement of knowing it's happening live at that very moment you're watching it, and that there's more of a sense of presence that it's being shown raw without any adjustments made to it--there's something special to it all. MAMI says you really do feel a tingling sensation while doing it. TOMO says that it's completely different on the performing end, which the others agree with. They also say they're happy their live performances are perceived in that way, especially overseas. HARU says that there are times like this when there are two or three different segment topics contained in one message. MAMI says with a laugh that that's probably the band perceiving messages like that. The others also laugh and say that that's probably not always the listeners' intentions.

•The next segment they talk about is "GyouColle," which is the first segment that was established on the program. They say this was started since they've always wondered what kind of jobs that people who come to their concerts have. They also mention how a lot of teachers write in, and although there's no official segment for that, the band has a rule that they say "Hey! Teacher!" [based on the first line from SCANDAL's song "Sisters"] when they get a message from a teacher (HARU: "Though we sometimes forget to say it").

•They also mention that this is one that they don't know can really be called a "segment," but there's also "MAMImume, uninhabited islands." HARU wonders what it really should be called as it's technically a spin-off of "TOMOrocco." TOMO laughs and says that it's neither. They mention that someone who actually owns an uninhabited island did write in to the show. MAMI asks for any listeners who are considering buying an uninhabited island to write in. TOMO wonders if there are even that many to begin with. RINA jokes that there may be a lot. They talk a little about the islands for sale that they had looked at previously and a staff member says that there's a new one on the market in Miyagi Prefecture (MAMI: "How do they get a hold of these islands?!") that includes a private beach among other things. They take a look at it and say it's pretty. MAMI goes, "48 million yen!" while the others laugh. The staffer says the islands are part of the Three Views of Japan and is part of a national park, and so every year the undergrowth on the island is mowed down by workers. The band is surprised by that and HARU says that's awesome. The staffer also says that a contracted fisherman will bring you over to the island via boat. These perks are due to it being part of a national park. They then guess the price. TOMO guesses 60 million yen ($600K USD), RINA guesses 50 million yen ($500K), HARU guesses 70 million ($700K). The staffer says it's 30 million yen ($300K), which makes the band go "Ehhhh!" very loudly. TOMO goes, "That's cheap--well, that's not cheap, though!" MAMI says that that's a good price even though there are no buildings on it. RINA goes, "If you were to hold a festival on it, how many people could it fit?" They try to figure it out based on the area, which is 5,254 square meters. TOMO says that it would take a long time getting people there via the fisherman's boat, though. They joke that they could be in charge of transportation and get boating licenses. They then talk about how they'd want to try doing something like a survival game there like catch fish, cook it, etc. and call it "SCA-Jima" (SCA-Island). They joke and say they're starting to take this into consideration and could split the cost between the four of them. HARU says that this is getting super realistic, which they and the staff laugh at. TOMO laughs and says that she loves this segment after all. HARU says that their excitement for this segment now is completely different from before it started.

•The next segment they talk about is the Love Advice one. They laugh and say it's a simple/straightforward one. HARU then reads a message from a listener who is a second-year high schooler attending an all-girls' high school and has never had someone that they've been interested in romantically. When they find a boy they think is easy and fun to talk to, they can only see them as a friend and not a potential love interest. Since they attend an all-girls' school, they don't really get to see many boys and aren't good at talking to them either. Since they want to fall in love someday, they ask the band how they'd be able to view boys as potential love interests. TOMO says that they'll definitely find someone like that one day--it's just that they're not feeling that with anyone around them right now. MAMI says that you meet a lot of new people at times such as changes in environment such as attending college or getting a job. RINA and HARU agree that the environment you're in really matters. RINA says that she can relate as she too attended an all-girls' high school for a year and a half. They basically say that there's no need to rush and that you could potentially meet an interest anywhere such as during your commute to school. RINA says that it's impossible to find someone if you decide that you're going to find someone you like. HARU says that it's better to cherish the feeling of having fun and being at ease around a boy and realize that you have a good person as a friend. They again say that there's no need to rush, though they do understand the feeling of wanting to be in love.

•They say that these five segments they mentioned (①Fine Line Association, ②I see - The Catch up, ③GyouColle, ④Uninhabited Islands, ⑤Love Advice) are essentially all the main segments they have right now as they had cut back on segments a while back after they grew to be too numerous. HARU says that it's crazy that the island one made the cut. They talk a little about the program's merch and how they didn't know previously that it's pretty costly to make the Apollo pouch (that they used to give away a lot, even though they said they wouldn't), but they now have other merch they can give out: Apollo picks and Fine Line Association stickers that they'll start giving out once they're finished being made.

•They then close out the episode. They mention that they're currently on their fan club tour and are receiving messages from listeners who have attended the show so far, but they will not be reading any of those messages on the program until after the tour's done in order to prevent spoilers. They say that the tour's been so much fun so far. RINA says that she feels like she's come back to life, which the others agree with. MAMI says that everything about touring/playing concerts is precious to them, like sweating, muscle pain, etc. RINA says that any of the pain associated with it makes them happy, which makes the others laugh (MAMI: "How stoic"). They also say they're grateful to their staff. TOMO says it's been a long time since they've done stuff like riding shinkansen trains, flying on planes, and staying at hotels, which has make them super excited and happy. HARU mentions that the setlist for the tour is based on the current top 10 songs of their popular song poll that runs until August and asks fans to keep voting in it.

*A list of all episode summaries can be found here

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
YoonSic

YoonSic

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:... They then talk about how they'd want to try doing something like a survival game there like catch fish, cook it, etc. and call it "SCA-Jima" (SCA-Island). They joke and say they're starting to take this into consideration and could split the cost between the four of them. HARU says that this is getting super realistic, which they and the staff laugh at...

Oh I would love to see that really happening lol
And they can make a show or documentary about it  spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 1f602  Like those survival shows in TV hahaha

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

There are times when their autographs look fake? All of them emphathize with this in regards to signing autographs...

Episode #59 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 G8skYJN

HARUNA: We'll be reading a lot of messages this episode.
This is a message from the originator who triggered a certain matter that has become a big issue on "Catch up" recently.

Yurina

Hello, SCANDAL!

This is Yurina, whose message you read during episode 54 about saba yakibidashi!

I feel a little embarrassed and happy to be the originator of the dispute about yakibidashi and agedashi (haha)

To be honest, I'm surprised that the topic of saba yakibidashi could be expanded upon so much...!
I quickly had to put together this message to tell you what the truth is!

You guys wondered if I'm from the Kansai region, but I'm actually a 27-year-old who was born and raised in Chiba Prefecture.
So how do I know about yakibidashi? I'll tell you the truth.

It's because I saw it in a recipe book! haha
Sorry the truth's so boring.
I have a lot of meal prep recipe books, which have a lot of __ bitashi recipes such as fried eggplant, grilled mackerel, and bell pepper paprika.
I originally knew about fried eggplant, so I readily accepted it, saying, "Yakibidashi, huh. Okay, that means it's a grilled version of something." Now that it's one of my cooking repertoires, I'm surprised that there are a lot of people who don't know about it!

When I asked my family if they knew about yakibidashi or agedashi, they answered that they thought that everything that soaked in the juice was considered nibitashi (simmered food). It seems that there are some individual differences in whether or not you know what it is.

As SCANDAL said, bitashi dishes are very delicious, so I'd love for everyone to make some!
I hope a lot of people learn about them!

TOMOMI: Thanks for telling us about it.

MAMI: ...I feel a little responsible for it all.

RINA: We brought up this nibitashi issue.
But I do recommend it for meal prep.

TOMOMI: It's easy to store in tupperware.

HARUNA: Stuff that's stewed certainly is delicious.

Mamimumemuーcho

Hello, SCANDAL!
I always have fun listening to this program♪
I'll get right into it: I hate my handwriting. When I was a student, my friends told me that I wrote characters in a really masculine way, and my family also told me that I write very messily and need to practice. However, this didn't bother me at all.
After I got a job and became a member of society, I had more opportunities to see the characters I write, and when I saw them again, I felt that they were really messy. Now I'm working hard to make time and practice writing!
SCANDAL, do you have anything you don't like or want to fix after you've grown up?

RINA: I see. If you have to write stuff at work, you do feel better if you can write characters that are easy for people to read.

MAMI: Doesn't it depend on the day if your handwriting's bad or good?

TOMOMI: It does! That also happens for signing autographs.

RINA: It totally does!

TOMOMI: Even though we have a lot of opportunities to write autographs, there are times when I'm like, "Huh? I can't write it at all today..."

RINA: There are days when you're like, "My autograph today looks like a fake one."

All: Totally.

HARUNA: It also depends on the pen and paper used.

MAMI: Also the writing space and size. You can write as much as you want on a poster.

RINA: It's difficult to sign Polaroids, isn't it?

MAMI: It is!

RINA: It almost ends up looking like a fake autograph.

HARUNA: We feel a little sorry about things like that.

The second half of the episode will feature the members talking about their favorite dialect words!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 59

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 BaW4F85
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 JsFijyI

•The episode starts off with this. They finish off the penmenship topic and say that one's bound to improve by taking the time to practice, and that they think it's great how the listener's working hard right now.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who basically talks about how hard this pandemic has been--they have to take lunch breaks alone, can't attend a friend's wedding, and can't attend concerts. They reference another listener's comment from a few episodes ago about how they were working hard to attend a concert and it's the same for them as well. They say they try enrich their mind by listening to music, watching movies, reading books, and even attending a monthly drinking party held online where seniors in their workplace teach them about work-related culture and whatnot. The band says that the listener has a high level of awareness and say that they can only say thank you to the listener. HARU says that they've started playing concerts again and that this doesn't apply to only those able to attend the concerts, but they value everyone who knows about the band. TOMO says that messages like this give them power. RINA says they'll keep working hard until the day when the excitement of things like deciding to go to that night's concert on a day off from school.

•The band then seems surprised at the next message. RINA goes, "Eh, could this be for MAMI?" Basically, the listener talks about the program's new jingle that they made recently and say that it seemed to suit the atmosphere in the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 volume, implying that it's curse-like. The band laughs and says thanks for the message.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who is turning 30 this year but has always had a problem since they were a kid with だぢづでど and すざじずぜぞ. If they don't understand a word, they're able to look it up on their phone, but if they don't have their phone, then they aren't able to. They ask SCANDAL if things like that have also happened to them, and if so then to tell them how to solve this. They also ask listeners if they have any advice. The band wonders if it has to do with pronunciation. TOMO says that she's seen something about this on TV regarding one of the regions of Japan. HARU thinks it could be Kansai. TOMO thinks it also could be and also relates to regional dialects (i.e. one word in standard Japanese can be a totally different word in a different region). It's kind of hard to translate this into English, but MAMI talks about ten-ten marks and gives an example with the word "muzukashii" (難しい; difficult). She would pronounce it as "muzukashii" (むずかしい) with the "zu" (ず), which has the ten-ten mark on it, as "zu," but someone like HARU, who's from a different city than MAMI, might pronounce it as "mutsukashii" (むつかしい). HARU agrees but says she can understand both forms of the word. She would type it out as "muzukashii" on her phone but pronounce it as "mutsukashii." They say stuff like this is usually due to dialects. MAMI wonders where this listener is from. RINA says that perhaps it's better to try and learn the differences via stuff you enjoy such as movies, books, or lyrics. MAMI agrees that we're all very dependent on our phones these days and that there are times when you forget how to write a certain kanji character.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who they spoke to on the program last year about becoming a registered dietician and is now in their second year. They now have a junior colleague at work and say that on the first day they asked their junior if they had any worries. They did have worries about the job, but the first thing they said they're worried about is driving a car. That made the listener remember the message they sent to the program about being worried about driving. They're now finally getting used to driving so they want to get fired up again and work hard at work and also do their best so that they can convey to newcomers what their seniors taught them for the past year. They also say they'll their best until they get to see SCANDAL again. The band is surprised that it's already been a year since that first message from a listener and they remember talking to them during one of the first episodes when they were still recording the episodes in a radio recording studio (when things started getting bad last year, they had to switch to recording separately at home, and now they're recording in their management's office). MAMI says it's best to drive as much as possible, such as every day, when you're first starting to drive. TOMO says the listener should drive to Kawasaki Daishi, though she doesn't know where they live. HARU says they probably don't live in the Kanto region, and TOMO says that in that case they should stay local and get their car blessed/purified. She says that HARU went to Kawasaki Daishi the other day to do car purification and that it was really cool. It was basically like a performance where they use taiko drums, though they do a more rhythmic beat than usually taiko drumming. There were about 22 monks lined up and doing a call-and-response type of thing and that there were even what seemed to be fans who were part of the performance, such as an older lady who was basically headbanging. TOMO says that she thinks it's so good that rather than making a once-a-year trip, you should go in an even closer span than that.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who lives in a region that uses Tsugaru dialect and lists different words in their dialect [not explaining them lol sorry]. The band then discusses what some of the words the listener said would be in their respective dialects (Nagoya dialect for MAMI and HARU, Kansai dialect for RINA and TOMO). HARU mentions one dialect word in Nagoya dialect that she's been thinking about recently: "sanbaramaki" (さんばらまき; it's also the word that is written on the piece of paper HARU is holding up in the picture above). The others are surprised and have no idea what it means, even MAMI. RINA goes, "Is that a dance?" HARU explains that it's equivalent to the verb "to be messy." The others laugh and HARU says that her little brother told her the other day that his friend had used "sanbaramaki" but he didn't understand it and that it was a dialect word, which made HARU wonder about that word. RINA says that it sounds like a violent word, which the staffers laugh at. HARU says she's used that word ever since she was little, but TOMO and MAMI say that they've never heard her say that word in the 15 years they've known each other. HARU says that she doesn't really speak Nagoya dialect that much if she's with the band or with others, but it will come out when she goes back home. RINA says that the word makes it sound like something is super dirty/messy. HARU says that it was often used when she was a kid and had toys littered about. RINA says that's interesting and HARU says that Nagoya dialect has a lot of interesting words.

•They then say it's time to close out the episode, but they keep talking about dialects lol [I also will not be trying to translate this part]. They do say that they love talking about dialects, though.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Getting excited again and again! A segment related to something that members also love has been launched!

Episode #60 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 NiwrfHj

HARUNA: This week...let get into the new segment already.
"Yappa Hougen Suki ya nen!" (やっぱ方言好きやねん; We really do love dialects!; Kansai dialect is used)

RINA: That really is its title, huh.

HARUNA: Yes, what we talked about previously is being used as-is.
This is a segment where we in SCANDAL, who are proudly celebrating our 15th anniversary, will have listeners getting involved with dialect words that are always exciting and fresh, learn about them in earnest, and have even more fun.
We'll be careful not to make things all "sanbaramaki."

TOMOMI: "Sanbaramaki" is Nagoya dialect.

MAMI: Yes, it means "messy."

HARUNA: That's the one I mentioned before. I was a little surprised to learn recently that it's one of the words I've used normally without knowing it was a dialect word..."sanbaramaki."
That got us riled up, so we turned it into a segment. We've gotten quite a lot of messages too...

MAMI: That makes me happy.

RINA: I'm really happy about that.

Staff: But you know, even though it hasn't been determined if this will have a segment title, or will even be a segment,
We got messages for it right away. They thought it was a segment, so we got some messages for it.

All: (*Excited)

HARUNA: So let's read one of those messages...

Kendo Man

Hello! I always have fun listening to this program! Since you now have a new (?) segment called "Yappa Suki ya nen"...

RINA: Like we said, it hasn't been established yet...

HARUNA: They totally think it's a new segment...

I would like to introduce dialect words used in my region. The first is "dakara" (だから). Generally, "dakara" (because) is a word that expresses a reason for something. However, in my area, we use "dakara" to mean "sore na" (それな; That's right). As for how to use it, it's something like this: "It's been getting hot all of a sudden recently〜" - "Dakara (That's right)〜" The second meaning is "ikinari" (いきなり; suddenly). You might have heard that one. Usually when you say "ikinari," it's used to mean "kyuu ni" (急に; abruptly) or "totsusen" (突然; sudden), but that's not what it means here. "Ikinari" means "sugoku" or "totemo" (すごく, とても; both mean very). For example: "This dish is ikinari (very) delicious! (この料理いきなりうまい!)" These two are quite the hot topics between those from differing prefectures, so I sent in a message about them. Good luck with your new (?) segment!

All: (*Super excited!)

HARUNA: Where is this person from?

Staff: Sendai.

All: Sendai, huhー!

RINA: That's really great...

MAMI: Ikinari delicious!

TOMOMI: Looks delicious!

HARUNA: Beef tongue [Sendai's specialty food] is ikinari delicious!

MAMI: I never really imagined those in Sendai having a dialect.

RINA: Exciting dialect words are great...

TOMOMI: Dakara is also great...

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 60

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 QOuo7Xg
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 ORH7QGh

•The episode starts with the first half of this.

•HARU says that although she and MAMI are both from Aichi Prefecture, there are some dialect differences among the regions there. She also mentions that TOMO is from Hyogo Prefecture and that RINA was born in Osaka but grew up in Nara Prefecture. Since they're all from different areas, there are a number of differences in the way that they speak.

•Though she's from Aichi Prefecture, HARU says she grew up in an area that was directly under Gifu Prefecture, which is why she speaks more in Gifu dialect than Nagoya dialect. She'll sometimes use the "ya" copula, which sounds a lot like Kansai dialect that also uses "ya." Example: Instead of "da yo" (standard Japanese), she'd say "ya yo."

•MAMI, who is from the city of Nagoya, says she speaks in genuine Nagoya dialect. Her grandma's from Mie Prefecture but has lived in Nagoya for a long time, her mom was born in Nagoya, and MAMI was also born in Nagoya. She uses Nagoya dialect words like "dagan" or "dagaya." She says that it's a dialect that can make you sound angry even though you're not, and can also sound like you're talking down to someone = it's a dialect that can sound a little too strong, which is why she's careful when speaking and tries to use standard Japanese rather than her dialect. HARU says that can be a problem of whether you come off as actually being someone from Nagoya or not. A staffer in the background goes, "Eh?" HARU explains that when asked where she's from, she says she's from Nagoya so that more people will understand the general area that she's from, even though she's not actually from Nagoya. However, those actually from Nagoya will be like, "Eh, what ward are you from?" MAMI says that she totally understands that. That's why HARU says that she doesn't want to say she's from Nagoya as much as possible. RINA says she gets it and that if you're talking to someone from Nagoya, it'll turn into a topic of discussion. MAMI says that if you say you're not actually from Nagoya and are from somewhere else in the prefecture, the person will be way less excited. The others laugh and TOMO says that the Nagoya community seems close; you can basically become best friends just by saying you're from Nagoya--that's why for that one moment they were really happy. A staffer mentions that Nagoyans are big into miso, which HARU and MAMI agree with. TOMO says that the oden at convenience stores comes with miso whereas it does not in the Kansai region where TOMO and RINA are from. MAMI says that that really surprised her when they first started boarding together in Osaka. She was like, "It's just broth?! It's gotta be tasteless, then!"

•TOMO is from Hyogo Prefecture in the Kansai region, which means she speaks in Kansai dialect. When she had been living in her hometown, though, she probably never referred to the dialect as "Kansai dialect" as it's referred to "Osaka dialect" there. She thinks she started to call it Kansai dialect when she moved out to Tokyo. MAMI asks if Hyogo dialect is a thing. TOMO says that Hyogo's a big prefecture so there are different ones. She says that they use Banshu dialect in her hometown, which uses a lot of "ri" copulas and is supposedly called the "most boorish dialect in Japan."

•RINA is also from the Kansai region but speaks in a mix of Nara and Osaka dialects. She says that after moving to Tokyo and having to speak for work made her speech pretty mild and in turn toned down the Kansai dialects quite a bit, which is why how she speaks now is pretty much a mix of them all. One of the staffers (the program editor) is heard saying that they don't think her Kansai dialect has toned down, which makes HARU laugh. RINA says that her sentences sound very rounded now compared to someone from her hometown. TOMO says that when they first met RINA she found her to be very "chakichaki," which is a Kansai term that the others aren't familiar with. She and RINA aren't sure how to 'translate' it, but they decide on the meaning to mean that she sounded like a 100% genuine Osakan. RINA says that it seems very strange when she watches old videos of her now. She says that when she now talks to someone from her hometown, they tell her she's gotten super Tokyo-like. HARU says that the band doesn't even know anymore either what dialect(s) she's speaking in. TOMO says that a friend who lives in Kansai watched them on the Premium MelodiX! TV show and told her that she was using a ton of standard Japanese, which TOMO herself didn't notice at all. She says that she doesn't know anymore when she's speaking standard Japanese or in a dialect.

•The latter half of this follows.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who has written in a few times before and starts off by saying they've been living in Hyogo their whole life so far. TOMO goes, "Hyogo?!", which the others laugh at. The word they talk about is "erai," which usually means something like "excellent/admirable," but in this case it means "tiring/tough." They said they also said "ano ne" to a senpai, who then asked them if they were making fun of them. MAMI asks if that's a dialect word (since it typically means "You know what?" in standard Japanese), and TOMO says that it's formal language as it's said to someone you respect. They wonder about "erai" and MAMI likens it to which side you stand on an escalator, which varies depending in what part of the country you are, and says the meaning of the word must have gotten changed around somewhere. HARU says that she thought "erai" was Nagoya dialect. TOMO says she thought that as well. RINA wonders if their generation uses it, which HARU says they do. RINA says she wondered about that since her parents say it, which is how she knows the meaning of it, but it's not a word that she uses herself. HARU says that they probably don't use it because it can sound like you're praising yourself.

•HARU says that they talked mainly about themselves during this episode. RINA says it's because they talked about things they haven't really discussed in detail before, which made things interesting. TOMO says that it's awesome to find things that make each other go "Ehhh" despite being in their 15th year and being around each other all the time. RINA says that's why she thinks they've been able to do this for 15 years. TOMO says they talk about the same things over and over again. RINA jokes and says that the day that someone goes, "I already know that; you've talked about this before" is the day they should break up. All of them and the staffers laugh at that. RINA says that that wouldn't be any fun if someone were to say something like that. They all say that talking about dialects is something they enjoy (something they also mention in the most recent "her" Diary lol), and something they want to keep hearing about.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
She says that they use Banshu dialect in her hometown, which uses a lot of "ri" copulas and is supposedly called the "most boorish dialect in Japan."
I can't imagine a boorish conversation from Tomomi

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Being super moved by messages sent in with the theme "My Eternity"!

Episode #61 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 ISorj5w

HARUNA: To the people who can't really go outside right now [due to lockdown],
Please have fun listening to "Catch up."

This we'll be reading a bunch of messages...
This is a message for the theme "My Eternity" (私の永遠 = "Watashi no Eien").

Pomodoro

Hello, SCANDAL. The moment I feel like I'm eternal is from the end of April to the beginning of May every year when apple blossoms are in full bloom in Kita-Shinano [in Nagano].

Apple trees were planted by my grandfather and cultivated by my father. Whether a typhoon comes, a branch breaks due to heavy snow, and even now during the pandemic, it stays perfectly safe.

Every year I feel the permanence of nature, which is beyond the reach of human intelligence, in the appearance of white flowers in full bloom in spring and the red, sweet and rich blessings in autumn.

In order to pass this on to the next generation, I will work hard on my daily work while incorporating new things.

Of course, when I'm working I listen to SCANDAL's songs and "Catch up," and during breaks I eat Meiji sweets.

I'm sure you're busy, but if you're interested in apple picking, please feel free to come by.

It will be cold in November, but ripe nectar-filled apples will be waiting for you.

TOMOMI: That was beautifully written...

RINA: So pretty!

TOMOMI: What in the world!? It's full of emotion!

MAMI: So awesome!

HARUNA: Wow...this...this is it!

All: Eh?

HARUNA: This deserves an Apollo pouch!

All: (*All approve)

TOMOMI: It's been a while.

MAMI: Congratulations!

RINA: The Apollo pouch...the super-rare pouch! ...after all this time.

HARUNA: Let's give one to them.

TOMOMI: Yes, let's.
Also, I want to go! Apple picking!

HARUNA: It'd be around November.

MAMI: When I went apple picking, the older lady running the field would cut your apple on the spot and feed it to you. It was so delicious...

RINA: That's the best.

HARUNA: Let's do a "Catch up" field trip.

TOMOMI: Let's do it!

MAMI: Going picking is the best.

HARUNA: So this is the first Apollo pouch we're giving away in a long time.

MAMI: Take care of it! ...since it's expensive to make!

HARUNA: Here's another "My Eternity" message.

Tomatoma

Here's a little about "My Eternity."
Whenever my friend's child asked me how old I was, I would keep saying that I was 20 years old.
However, on my birthday last year, a LINE message came from my friend's child, wishing me a happy 28th birthday.
Me being an eternal 20-year-old was shattered, but at the same time it made me happy to see how fast the child's growing up.

HARUNA: I seeー

TOMOMI: That's a nice messageー

RINA: So cuteー! I could totally imagine that.

MAMI: The kid probably knew.

TOMOMI: They understand the concept of age
RINA: Children are more mature than adults think.

HARUNA: That's true.

Back to top Go down

scandal on domoto brothers
Posted Fri May 07, 2021 11:47 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Steadystate wrote:After reading this^ I'd thought Takamizawa looked terribly familiar, even though I don't know this band. Then I realised it was because he and his bandmates host a show that Scandal had appeared on at least once before, in this episode. They even poked fun at him after learning that Rina is/was Mami's fangirl.
Daily Motion has that whole half-hour Domoto Bros. program that featured SCANDAL. A great show-off for the members' wit and talent. The vid is good quality too with subtitles—but they are in French!
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwufvg

Last edited by etwee on Fri May 07, 2021 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : layout)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 61

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 NTlDghJ
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 6EhCzAM

•The episode starts with this.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who proposes a new Fine Line Association topic: having a lot of hobbies/interests vs. being fickle. They say they have a lot of things they want to do, such as playing the guitar or learning Spanish, but they don't actually do them for a long time and start doing the next thing they want to do within a month or so. They don't know if they just have a lot of interests or if they're fickle. The band says that they totally get what this person is talking about. TOMO says that she thinks that having a lot of interests means you have a lot of things you like and continue doing them, and being fickle is when you get bored quickly and lose interest in the thing you were interested in. RINA thinks that it's okay to step away from your interests for a bit, and if you come back to it then it means that you do have a lot of interests. This kind of discussion goes on for a while lol so to sum it up, they say there's a paper-thin difference between the two, and that the difference between the two is like that TOMO first mentioned: having a lot of hobbies/interests = you keep wanting to do them; being fickle = you no longer want to do them.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who is writing in for their GyouColle segment. They work at a hotel and use the term "komemo." They give an example of how to use it: "Please update guest so-and-so's komemo." They say it's short for "kokyaku memo" (顧客メモ; notes about a customer/patron), which is used for recording guests' requests, happenings, etc. and responding to them the next time they stay. They also say that they're also in school to become a Japanese language teacher. TOMO says that if they do become a teacher, the band will say its customary "Hey! Teacher," and MAMI says that the band will update their own "komemo" for this. They mention that promoters seem to have their own "komemo" on the band and will provide snacks and stuff. HARU says that this segment is quite interesting.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener whose previous message was read during episode 34 (the listener who had a crush on a same-sex senior three years older than them). They say they haven't made any progress and haven't been able to hang out with them, and although they don't fully understand love, they still like and look up to them. They then talk about how the middle school they attended has a sister high school nearby, and that they met a senior who attends that school at the brass band club's concert. They weren't in a brass band club at the time, but they joined one last year since they looked up to that senior. They're worried about their technique since the club participated in national tournaments before. They've been practicing because they have to do their best, but they haven't really been improving much. They often find it difficult and sometimes want to cry just by playing their instrument, but they do love playing it. They say it's amazing to hear how SCANDAL made it through their school days and lots of practicing without quitting. They ask the band what they thought and and how they practiced when wanting to improve despite it being difficult.

•RINA answers this one as she was the last to join the band as well as the dance school they attended. She mentions how she joined the most beginner class that everyone would take after first joining while the other three members were in more advanced classes and could sing well and express themselves well when dancing. After the band was put together, RINA was then suddenly put into the same classes that the others were taking in order to have them all taking classes at the same time. She of course couldn't keep up, though; she didn't understand the music terminology and their levels were much too different. She said that just by attending the classes made her cry. They laugh and HARU says, "You sure did." However, RINA says that she decided to arrive at the studio the earliest, take the seat right behind the teacher, and did her best to not let her clumsy side win. She says that although she couldn't dance or sing at all, she decided to do her best and to choose the option of always going to class. As long as she didn't give in, then crying or being bad was fine to do. She says again that she cried a lot, which HARU agrees with again and they all laugh. RINA says that when her name would sternly be called by a teacher, she'd be like, "This is so scary! I can't take it! I want to go home for today!" but she'd still do her best. HARU says that right after classes RINA would say that she didn't want to come back next week. RINA says that she really did hate that she wasn't able to do anything, but the teachers saw that she was someone who could overcome all that. She says that their other classmates probably also thought she really sucked but was interesting to watch, which felt like they were accepting of it all. That's why she thinks that technique isn't everything. TOMO says that if you keep concentrating on something and working on it, there will suddenly be a moment when it all clicks. She talks about how when SCANDAL just formed and couldn't play their instruments yet, which was when they would practice from morning until night and have snack parties after. She says that was a very important time for them--if they didn't have that time in their lives, they might not have been able to continue on. The others agree and RINA says it was very encouraging. They say the listener's not alone since they have the rest of their club with them, and something that could act as motivation would be to go out to eat something delicious after practicing. They tell the listener to do their best.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who is charge of conducting an orchestra and is the type of person who excels when they're complemented, so they do the same for their orchestra members when possible and give them kind advice. Due to that, they feel that the performance level of their boss, seniors, and juniors who were inexperienced in musical instruments until the listener joined the orchestra has improved. However, they feel like they won't be able to step up if they just praise everyone and wonder if they should do more of a carrot and stick approach to make things more balanced. They wonder if there's a fine line between the two and what could be considered going too far. They say that this is a rather unusual topic to talk about during the Fine Line Association segment, but they'd be happy if the band could give them some advice. MAMI says that doing something like showing them points that they need improvement on and tell them to keep doing their best is neither too much carrot nor too much stick, and that that's what she thinks is a good balance. The others agree. HARU says that they should separate those who excel by being praised and those who excel when they're instructed. It's probably easier for the former to it if the reward is big. If not, then those who get the stick might blame themselves. MAMI says she wants a lot of carrots (in Japanese it's actually "candy" as "carrot and stick" in Japanese is "ame to muchi" = "candy and whip" lol) and the others laugh and agree. RINA says that when the band started, they were the type who were raised with a lot of "love" (read: stick/whip), which is why they were really happy when they'd be told, "Well, I guess your performance today was good." She says that it's definitely important to be praised. HARU says that if you get too much stick, then you don't believe it when you're occasionally given a carrot. The staff and the others laugh and agree. MAMI says that she was the type to be defiant when she was given the stick during their dance school days. They laugh and RINA says that's cute. They say it's better when everyone's heading in the same direction to achieve their goals, which is a healthy way of doing it. TOMO says that you shouldn't give the one who's being instructed too much stick or else they'll head off in a different direction--ultimately, you just want to motivate the person into doing better or to step it up. If they're damaged mentally, they could have that scar for the rest of their lives. She also says that being a mentor/leader is probably the hardest job to do. HARU says that it's hard to be the one to dole out the stick. They say it's a hard job but to do their best.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says they've been addicted to boiled gyoza lately. They used to only eat pan-fried gyoza but now eat boiled gyoza in their mid 30s. They say this is a simple question for SCANDAL and ask if they prefer pan-fried or boiled gyoza. They say they like both and that both have their own merits. RINA says that the "simple question" thing was something they used to do on their previous radio show (SCANOMICS, which aired 6-8 years ago; they had a segment called "Soboku" = simple where listeners would ask them simple questions, like if they preferred A or B) and that this listener probably listened to it. They basically all say they prefer pan-fried. HARU says that the restaurant that her friend Chiaki introduced her to a few years ago has really delicious boiled gyoza with it being the main dish. TOMO says that that's pretty unusual. MAMI says that she like pan-fried ones with a lot of wings (hanetsuki gyoza). A staffer asks them what they put on pan-fried ones. TOMO says she's been putting black pepper on lately. MAMI says that she's been putting vinegar and black pepper on it. HARU says dashi shoyu (soy sauce with soup stock made from fish). RINA says she uses soy sauce, vinegar, yuzu ponzu (citrus and soy sauce). HARU says that she also uses yuzu ponzu. MAMI says that mayonnaise is also really good on gyoza, which the others say they haven't tried before. She keeps mentioning how delicious it is and RINA says that it seems she really likes mayo on it, which the others laugh at. HARU says that these "Which do you like better?" questions surprisingly gets them pretty excited. TOMO says they should make a "Which do you like better?" segment, which the others laugh at. MAMI says that they've surely talked about this gyoza debate before, and TOMO says that they've probably done so about 10 times before.

•They then close out the episode. HARU says that perhaps the "Which do you like better?" segment might be a regular fixture on the program. TOMO says that they'll probably have to do another clearing out of segments this summer too. They also mention that they're releasing their new single Ivory in June, and that they will be announcing more info and such related to it at a later date.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

A special episode where the band looks back on all performances of 『SCANDAL MANIA TOUR 2021 "request"』!

Episode #62 blog

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 OqFQcmc

HARUNA: For this week...
Sorry to have kept you waiting, and perhaps you've been kept waiting too long.
All performances of 『SCANDAL MANIA TOUR 2021 "request"』 have successfully been completed...
Let's look back on it along with the fans' impressions.
It's titled...
"Zen Request Kansou Tokubetsu-hen" (Thoughts on all "request" performances - Special edition)
Or for short...
"Zen Ri Kan Toku"!

All: (*Lukewarm applause)

TOMOMI: Was the title determined so that it'd end up as "Zen Ri Kan Toku"?

HARUNA: That definitely has to be the case.

Staff: ...no, that was just a coincidence.

RINA: I don't think it was a coincidence... A new season will be out soon, and it perfectly matches it.

HARUNA: First, we'll hear everyone's thoughts. There were seven performances over the course of one month. How was it, RINA-chan?

RINA: It truly was a happy time. Concerts and performing in front of an audience is something we had taken for granted before, which I've realized is something very special and more important than I thought it was. We felt so grateful on this tour.

HARUNA: There were too many things to talk about and we said our thanks during the MCs for every performance.

RINA: Each performance certainly was emotional.

HARUNA: This year's our 15th anniversary, and our popular song poll was going on in midst of this tour... And since our method was to put the top 10 songs at the moment in the setlists, the song order ended up being different for every performance.
That was a first for us. How was it, TOMOMI?

TOMOMI: Since the top 10 songs were set when it struck midnight on the day of a concert, it was very thrilling, hot, and had unexpected developments. We were also excited as we toured, so I'm glad it felt fresh the entire time.

HARUNA: Our standard live songs consistently made it into the top 10, as well songs from our latest album.

TOMOMI: 1st and 2nd places kept switching.

HARUNA: MAMI, how was it?

MAMI: I think it's amazing that people of all ages listen to and love all of our songs up to our latest album. Five years ago we did a popular song poll for our 10th anniversary as well, and some songs ranked the same as before, some songs suddenly entered in, and people included some anecdotes when submitting their votes. 15 years went by in no time at all, but I'm glad we've come this far--that's simply what I thought.

HARUNA: For each MC we would talk about memories related to songs, like "We shot the cover at ___, right?", or "That music video took forever to shoot," which was also interesting. It was really fun having that same excitement as we do when we're just chatting on this program. I'm happy that the audiences also went along with that atmosphere.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 62

spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 JdVUiAQ
spice - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 CqG6GEL

•The episode starts with this. RINA says she's glad they made this a fan club tour. HARU agrees and that the atmosphere always feels homey. TOMO mentions that they had friends in the entertainment industry request one song per performance and says that they didn't have any friends when the band first started out; it was basically just the four of them. They also mention things like how SEASONS was different from their regular concerts, but with this tour they were able to go back to their usual style albeit some differences (clapping only, etc.). They say they were impressed at how well the audiences followed the rules put in place.

•HARU reads a message from a listener who attended the Osaka performance of the tour. They say it was so much fun and that they were so happy when the lights dimmed and they played "HARUKAZE" as the first song. They tell the band they want to hear more about how the rankings changed for each performance. HARU starts with the first performance at Zepp Fukuoka and reads off the first 5 songs performed (ranks #10-6): HARUKAZE, Take Me Out, Image, Platform Syndrome, Departure. They say the songs flowed well, but this wasn't a setlist they would ever make themselves, especially following up "Platform Syndrome" with "Departure"; RINA says this would be due to the very different tempos and lyrics of the songs. They then talk about how the celebrity-requested song for Fukuoka was "Mabataki," requested by Shunichi Tanabe of BLUE ENCOUNT. They say that this wouldn't be a song they'd choose to play on the first day, and RINA says that it's troublesome to play equipment-wise, which they all laugh at. HARU mentions it's troublesome especially for the drums (since RINA plays a drum pad/machine during this song). MAMI then mentions the song that the band chose to play: "Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY." She says that it is a popular song but wasn't in the top 10 on that day, and that this song is quite powerful and makes you happy. HARU says that that was their first time playing that song in a while (last time they seemed to have played it was on their "Fuzzy Summer Mood" tour in 2019). TOMO says it's simply a good song.

•They talk about Osaka, the second performance of the tour. The rankings stayed the same as the first performance, which they chalk up to their fans not being used to this system. HARU says that the song the band chose to play was "Fuzzy" and that the celebrity-requested song was "Shunkan Sentimental," requested by Aribobo Shibata of Yabai T-Shirts Yasan. Since ShunSen was already on the setlist (#5), the band chose another song to add to the setlist: "GLAMOROUS YOU." TOMO says that it had been a while since they played it (last time seems to have been on their "SCA wa Mada Dashitenai Dake" tour in 2013). She and MAMI say that they love this song, and HARU says that while they love the song, they've been avoiding playing it since it's a little hard to play at regular concerts (different kind of tuning, the beat stops in places). As such, they decided to play it at this kind of event. RINA says that the band seemed super happy when playing this song, which they all laugh at. She says that it's really fun to perform and that they really like the song, and that since it's an album-only song that they haven't played in forever, she's sure that there were some fan club members who've never heard it live or never even heard it at all--that's why played the song in basically the key of, "It's okay if you don't know the song, but please listen to it anyway." HARU says that she's glad they got to perform the song again after growing up. TOMO agrees that there are differences, and RINA says that it suits them now. MAMI mentions how the song title's in English. They then talk about Aribobo and how they were surprised [at how she was one of the requesters, probably? I can't hear exactly what they say since they talk over each other during this line]. TOMO says that they haven't played joint concerts together but they did meet her at a festival where Aribobo told them that she had been in a SCANDAL cover band before. HARU says that meeting her really left an impression with them, and that it probably also left an impression on their staff since they were the ones who reached out to her.

•Next, they talk about Sendai, the third performance of the tour. It was their first time at SENDAI GIGS, though they say that it didn't feel like it was since it felt so comfortable. The rankings changed quite a bit due to the weeklong gap between the previous concert and this one. The #10 song was "Aitai," which HARU says is early song of theirs. She first gets it wrong and says that it's on their first album before she corrects herself and says that it's on their second album, and thinks that it likely entered the rankings due to people wanting to hear it live for the first time in forever (the last time they played it was during the 47-prefecture tour in 2017). She then mentions the celebrity-requested song "NEON TOWN ESCAPE," requested by Chiaki Sato who did the arrangement for the song. She says that they performed it during their livestream last year but hadn't been able to perform in front of an audience, so she was happy they got to play it. She says the atmosphere changes all at once when they play this song, which RINA agrees with and says it's a song that sets the mood. RINA also mentions how the song fades out on the recorded version but they decided to change it up for the live version where they all do a freestyle jam session and play however they'd like to, which means that no two performances of it are the same. She says it's fun to do and HARU says that Chiaki also really likes it. They mention how they got to greet Chiaki after the Tokyo concert, which is when she told them that. HARU adds that Chiaki said she really liked MAMI's guitar solo.

•They then talk about Yokohama, the fourth performance of the tour. The rankings also changed a bit and therefore the setlist as well, which RINA says made them feel nervous (you can hear them mentioning that in the fourth "her" Diary video) and that it was like a test of strength as it started with "Take Me Out" and then went to "Ceramic Blue." MAMI says that before Yokohama, "Ceramic Blue" did seem like it would enter the top-10 rankings, but they didn't expect it to enter them for the very first time at #9. The celebrity-requested song was "Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY," requested by rapper Rude-α. HARU says that when they met for the first time (RINA: "At SUMMER SONIC [festival] in Osaka") he had told them that he likes them and that TaiKimi is his favorite song of theirs. RINA mentions that he came to watch their set and that the promoter told them that there was someone who was a big fan and asked if they could meet with them, which is when he told them his favorite song. TOMO says it's interesting since he plays a completely different genre of music. HARU then mentions a song they had been nervous to play, which was actually their own selected song: "Flashback No.5."

•Next up is Tokyo, the fifth performance of the tour, which is when "Flashback No.5" entered the rankings at #9. Since this song is one where the audience shouts out a bunch of times, they didn't know how they could perform this song amidst all of the new concerts rules for the audiences (no vocalizing), but they felt like it could work out well for Yokohama. It did, and also for Tokyo as well, and they say that even though the audience couldn't vocalize, the band could feel their voices. RINA says that it's like they cast a spell over the tour. HARU then mentions how the Tokyo performance was a tough one, especially due to "Koisuru Universe" entering the rankings (also talked about in the fourth "her" Diary), which is something the band was not expecting--they weren't expecting it at all, which is why they didn't even practice it during rehearsals prior to the tour. It had been in the 20s, and for Tokyo it had jumped to #7. MAMI mentions that "Shunkan Sentimental" and "Departure" switched places (formerly #5 and #6, respectively). TOMO mentions that they had to start practicing from noon since they hadn't been expecting all the changes. They say that the staff was also nervous due to having to change the lighting, changing out effects pedals, etc. The only option everyone had was just to do it. They say that it was good to play KoiUni for the first time in forever and that it's a good song. HARU says that she wishes it had entered into the rankings a little sooner. TOMO also mentions that #1 and 2 switched for the first time, with "SCANDAL BABY" taking the top rank from "Koe." MAMI says that a lot of drama certainly did happen for this performance. RINA says that the finale of SCABABY was awesome. TOMO says that at JAPAN JAM everyone was dancing during SCABABY, which was a first. They were basically wondering, "How do all of these people know this song?!" HARU says that the intro is pretty strong and RINA says that it's easy to go along with the beat even if you don't know the song. They go back to talking about the fan club tour and say that everyone probably would like to have the performances close with SCABABY. They then talk about the celebrity-requested song that was requested by Takumi Goto of comedy group Yonsen Toshin who is known for being a huge SCANDAL fan: the insane request of "one piece." HARU talks about how this song was basically written to be performed at their first performance at Osaka-Jo Hall, the venue they dreamed about playing ever since they formed, which makes this a very special song. Knowing all this, Takumi requested the song. However, this song is one they will only perform at OJH, so instead they performed "GLAMOROUS YOU." The other members start clapping and go, "We love this song [GLAMOROUS YOU]!" HARU goes, "There were too many English song titles [on the BABY ACTION album]!" TOMO says that it's kind of awful how they had to switch out OP for GY, which makes them go "We love this song!" and clap again. MAMI says that they thought how GY was a difficult song to play before, but now they understand things better and it's gotten fun to play. RINA says that their skills finally caught up. HARU says that this is their second time talking about GY during this episode (RINA: "It's because we love it!").

Sapporo, the sixth performance of the tour, is talked about next. They say it was a lot of fun and that they really want to go back. RINA says that they ate a lot when they were there. They say that they arrived there the day before the concert, making it a total of two days they were there, but they ate around four days' worth of food. TOMO says that HARU ate around three days' worth of meals by herself. HARU says that in 2-3 days they made up for the times they hadn't been able to go. RINA laughs and says that's scary. Talking about the concert, HARU first says that the setlist didn't really change much from the previous one, but MAMI mentions that "Aitai" went back in the rankings and that "Ceramic Blue" rose a place. They also say how KoiUni dropped out of the top rankings. RINA says that she liked this setlist as it flowed pretty well. HARU says it's nice to start performances with "Platform Syndrome." MAMI mentions how hot Zepp Sapporo was despite it still being cold outside, and that it made her feel like concerts are finally back and here to stay. The celebrity-requested song for that day was "Fuzzy," requested by Seiya Yamasaki from Kyuso Nekokami. RINA says that when they played a joint band concert together, he kept telling them at the after-party how much he likes that song. When they heard from their manager that someone had requested "Fuzzy," they immediately thought that the request might have come from Seiya. It did end up being from him, which made them happy. The others laugh and HARU says that they were kind of expecting that anyway. MAMI says that Seiya had LINE'd her and said thanks, that it feels like the pandemic is neverending but let's get through it, and that he hopes they can play another concert together someday. They say that they do want to play another joint concert with Kyuso Nekokami again. HARU mentions that they played "Kan Biiru" as the band-selected song since it seemed like, based on the rankings, that the fans wanted to hear a song with TOMO on lead vocals. MAMI mentions how each of the three of them had their own songs with lead vocals to sing. They all say it was a good setlist.

•Finally, they talk about Nagoya, the seventh and final performance of the tour. The rankings switched around a bit between the same songs as Sapporo. The celebrity-requested song was "Shunkan Sentimental," requested by Airi Suzuki. HARU says that ShunSen certainly is a popular song. RINA mentions how they did a collaboration with her for this song before.

•They then look back on the tour as a whole. RINA says that she's really happy "A.M.D.K.J.", one of their most recent songs, always remained in the top three. They hadn't really performed it in front of audiences before, but the fact that everyone seems to like it, whether it was during this tour or at festivals, makes them realize how great of a song it is. HARU says that that's what it's like now, but she wonders how it'll be like when everyone will be able to vocalize. RINA says she's looking forward to it. MAMI says that it'll be like an explosion, which HARU agrees with. RINA says that using smoke effects during this song live helps to give it a strong vibe. MAMI jokes and says it's Avengers-like. They then talk about how they performed "eternal" live for the first time(s). MAMI says that so many times she felt like crying as the last lyric ("Make this moment last eternally") was sung, and that the lyrics also seemed to reverberate with the audience. They say that a lot happened on this tour and that it was over so fast. HARU says that the number of songs they played is less than the number they usually play, but their MCs were longer than usual. The concerts were about two hours each and they joke that they spent half the time on MCs. MAMI says that it was like seeing friends again for the first time in so long. They thank everyone and say it was a lot of fun.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I'm glad they got to play songs they personally wanted to play. I think it would be nice if someday they do a "Selfish Tour" and play ONLY songs they enjoy playing.

Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hogradish wrote:it would be nice if someday they do a "Selfish Tour" and play ONLY songs they enjoy playing.
Don't know how that would work since they seem to enjoy playing just about anything!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.