You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Are MAMI's guitar skills enough?
Posted Wed May 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Which is funny because backstage she seems second most hyper, after Tomo.

Not sure I agree about her skirt being longer, though. They all seem pretty equal.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 4:29 am

sj

Caless Student
Caless Student
In terms of skills and technique, I think Mami is a pretty solid electric guitarist. In terms of musical creativity, if she came up with the riffs and solos herself, that'd be quite impressive too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 9:26 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Well, sj, "solid" depends who you compare her to.

But who cares if she's the best in the world or not ? We like her and we like her skills and that's what matters.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 10:45 am

sj

Caless Student
Caless Student
Belz... wrote:Well, sj, "solid" depends who you compare her to.

But who cares if she's the best in the world or not ? We like her and we like her skills and that's what matters.
Hi Belz, did you misinterpret my comment? I didn't say she's not good, by 'solid' I meant 'decent, reliable, etc.'

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 10:53 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
No I understood your comment. I was simply having a thought about the thread in general.

For instance, I've read comments in some places that Mami has "mad" guitar skills. I suppose it depends what they consider "mad", but she's a far cry from some of the guitarists I know. But in the end, why would we expect all guitarists we like to be "the best" ? Well, because people usually want to be on the winning side. So if they like something, suddenly they'll claim it's the best there is as well as their favourite. Mami's not the best guitarist I've seen in any way. But I like her and that's all that matters.

It was just an observation. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 11:01 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
It is all a matter of taste really !

Jimi Hendrix was a fantastic guitar player but I would not want to take
him out on a date, he was scary !

But he could play a right handed guitar upside down which I think
is pretty cool !

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 5 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 11:47 am

sj

Caless Student
Caless Student
Belz... wrote:No I understood your comment. I was simply having a thought about the thread in general.

For instance, I've read comments in some places that Mami has "mad" guitar skills. I suppose it depends what they consider "mad", but she's a far cry from some of the guitarists I know. But in the end, why would we expect all guitarists we like to be "the best" ? Well, because people usually want to be on the winning side. So if they like something, suddenly they'll claim it's the best there is as well as their favourite. Mami's not the best guitarist I've seen in any way. But I like her and that's all that matters.

It was just an observation. Happy
Ah I see. Yeah, I sure agree with you on that Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 2:02 pm

drusolis

drusolis

Caless Student
Caless Student
Belz... wrote:Which is funny because backstage she seems second most hyper, after Tomo.

Not sure I agree about her skirt being longer, though. They all seem pretty equal.

As far as skirt length - that actually might just be an illusion because isn't she the tallest in the group? So while technically it's longer, relative to her it falls to about the same height on her body compared to the others girls.

-Dru
"Dreams are always fleeting things that seem to disappear in the wind." ~Scandal, "Haruka"
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Perhaps. He might be talking abou the Haruka skirt, however, since all four have more different outfits, this time.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:42 am

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hey guys, have you noticed something in SCANDAL'S new releases... especially the second track from LOVE SURVIVE.... MAMI HAS REALLY IMPROVE!!! she hass always gotten better everytime..... although, i really love SCANDAL'S old guitar riffs... I THINK MAMI STILL HAD A GREAT JOB IMPROVING SCANDAL'S "ROCKING SCALE"

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 5 63034914
Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 5 Gootalove
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:01 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@billyboy
I am sure I read somewhere that Mami practises for 3 hours every day !
But you are 100% right, I used to think even I played better than her, but now she is definitely better than me !

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 5 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm

aniholic

aniholic

International Performer
International Performer
Every time I watch their live performances, I always notice how great Mami is at playing the guitar....she makes her fans go wow..and I think she just keeps on getting better and better....... She's one of the best guitarists I've ever seen......

~No SCANDAL, No LIFE~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:27 pm

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
aniholic wrote: She's one of the best guitarists I've ever seen......

YUP!! it's really true... i believe that you don't need have the "talent" or "skills" to be a good guitarist. the great guitarists like jimi hendrix, jimmy page, clapton, jeff beck,. etc. have been great not because they have the skills (technically), BUT rather, they were called great because they were different. they sound different, so different that they really sound amazing. it is like saying "jimi hendrix is so awesome, he comes from another planet!"...
as for MAMI, from any other girl guitarist...... she's PRETTY better!!

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 5 63034914
Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 5 Gootalove
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:19 pm

chiy102

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
Somehow, Mami has answered the topic of this thread herself, so who's gonna doubt her skills now, eh?! LOL

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:23 pm

I<3JapanKiokoChan

I<3JapanKiokoChan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I love mami! She's a great player, apart of a great band, and I wish her the best with everything she does. Love Scandal, Love tomomi,haruna,mami,and rina, and I'll continue to commend them on all their skills. She may not be the best, but her amazingness on guitar never fails to impress me.

Savannah.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 am

Zakku Yao

Zakku Yao

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scandal-Fans-Singapore/20079261997
Mami's guitar skills are awesome. and she is trying to improve herself every single time. And most importantly, she is having fun playing the guitar. Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:06 am

zero_shiki

zero_shiki

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mami is good enough for their music. Technically she's very far to be "great". I noticed she can't decently do vibratos and legatos. Well, to be honest she's really good at playing their songs.... But wait! Scandal never wrote their own music. The question is is really Mami wrote/make the guitar solos? I think not. If you listen closely to Taiyou solo part I doubt Mami is doing that in the "recording" og the single/song. No pun intended just my own Opinion. I may be wrong.

BTW.. If there will be Guitar Duel... Who's your pick? Mami VS This Girl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZVZ3M5hlA8

No Biases but I think this Korean Girl can eat Mami anytime, Anyday.

peace. Just an open mind.

Last edited by zero_shiki on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong spelling)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:33 am

DUL7

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
^ hey man, no need to compare Mami to other people.. and to put it in that way.. >> yes, what you said may be true but not everything has to be said.. as SCANDAL fans, we should be careful with what we say.. we might hurt other fans.. and what if Mami will read what you posted? Uwah!

I agree with "Mami is good for their music." But you should have ended it in that.. remember man, it's better to be silent if you have a thought that is not necessary to be voiced out or worse, will hurt others/incite a flame war..

anyways, just a piece of advice.. we have to spread the SCANDAL love, not spread unecessary dissent.. .uhuh.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:08 am

zero_shiki

zero_shiki

Caless Student
Caless Student
^ ok. sorry bro. I just answer the question "good enough for scandal" and my opinions. No Biases and No Pun Intended. Thanks bro for the reminder. And I also, fan of this band and Mami.

And for sure... Mami is waaaayyyy prettier than the other girl i posted. Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:40 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Well it depends on how you define good enough I mean. She's awesome since its only taken her 5 years to get to where she is now and that she knew nothing about guitars before that. Her skills and the short time shes been a guitarist shes great!

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 5 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:43 am

zero_shiki

zero_shiki

Caless Student
Caless Student
^ you've got it bleach.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:12 am

Jibba

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/xJibba?feature=mhee
@zero

I'll tell you my own opinion quite frankly. I don't think she's that good . I'm a guitarist myself and seeing that doesn't make me "wow". She makes some messy errors in fretting, and just stares at her guitar the whole time like a robot. There is no feeling in the way she plays.

Compared to MAMI of NOW, i'd have to say MAMI is better, she puts feeling into her playing and looks brilliant on stage as a performer. Of course you could say I'm biased as a SCANDAL and MAMI fan, but I believe if MAMI just stood there and stared at her guitar (like her) and practiced that piece (like her), she could do it no problems (and could do a better job).

Having stage presence and still playing your riffs with minimal errors takes a LOT of skill, which MAMI definitely has. She even sings and dances during lives while playing riffs (I remember seeing a live of Shoujo'S showing this). That is a LOT more difficult than it looks. As a performer of the guitar, you can't just rely on playing technically difficult riffs correctly whilst looking like a robot. You have to express yourself on stage to make it worthwhile to people watching you on stage

Taking all this into account, MAMI is undoubtedly, in my mind, the better guitarist.

\My rant

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:02 pm

zero_shiki

zero_shiki

Caless Student
Caless Student
hhmmm point taken. playing artistically and playing for entertainment is another story bro. Well Mami is still good at performing and entertaining. But... If you close your eyes or a blind test who would you pick? hhmmmm... interesting eh? well even If I close my eyes that girl with a musicman guitar wins miles away.

well Mami is 10x prettier than the musicman girl.

Don't get me wrong people. I love MAMI for what she is. I LOVE HER.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:11 pm

sj

Caless Student
Caless Student
zero_shiki wrote:Mami is good enough for their music. Technically she's very far to be "great". I noticed she can't decently do vibratos and legatos. Well, to be honest she's really good at playing their songs.... But wait! Scandal never wrote their own music. The question is is really Mami wrote/make the guitar solos? I think not. If you listen closely to Taiyou solo part I doubt Mami is doing that in the "recording" og the single/song. No pun intended just my own Opinion. I may be wrong.

BTW.. If there will be Guitar Duel... Who's your pick? Mami VS This Girl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZVZ3M5hlA8

No Biases but I think this Korean Girl can eat Mami anytime, Anyday.

peace. Just an open mind.
Well, I think maybe, just maybe, Mami did come up with the solos and riffs herself. I'd imagine that when SCANDAL receives a new song from the composers, it'd be in the form of a demo recording and a demo usually only has the chords and vocal melody with minimal backing instruments.

EDIT:

Jibba wrote:@zero

I'll tell you my own opinion quite frankly. I don't think she's that good . I'm a guitarist myself and seeing that doesn't make me "wow". She makes some messy errors in fretting, and just stares at her guitar the whole time like a robot. There is no feeling in the way she plays.

Compared to MAMI of NOW, i'd have to say MAMI is better, she puts feeling into her playing and looks brilliant on stage as a performer. Of course you could say I'm biased as a SCANDAL and MAMI fan, but I believe if MAMI just stood there and stared at her guitar (like her) and practiced that piece (like her), she could do it no problems (and could do a better job).

Having stage presence and still playing your riffs with minimal errors takes a LOT of skill, which MAMI definitely has. She even sings and dances during lives while playing riffs (I remember seeing a live of Shoujo'S showing this). That is a LOT more difficult than it looks. As a performer of the guitar, you can't just rely on playing technically difficult riffs correctly whilst looking like a robot. You have to express yourself on stage to make it worthwhile to people watching you on stage

Taking all this into account, MAMI is undoubtedly, in my mind, the better guitarist.

\My rant
I totally agree, stage presence / charisma is just as important as technique for a performing musician, and Mami definitely has it.

Last edited by EugeneAng on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double Posting)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:34 am

harunadaisuki

SPAMMER
SPAMMER
yes but she must continue to improve so that scandal will be the best band in the world

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.