Posted Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:43 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Actually we can't be sure how many she have, since she is an endorse of Fender, she can ask for more than one signature instrument bearing her name I suppose.
If you are asking about the Red Bull studio live, she had her Fender Pawn Shop Mustang Special on a stand behind her as backup. 
But that is Lake Placid Blue with a larger Pre CBS headstock and a rosewood fingerboard.
Hope this help.

Back to top Go down

Re: HARUNA'S GEAR
Posted Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:16 pm

BlueDude

BlueDude

Caless Student
Caless Student
Metal Mickey wrote:Actually we can't be sure how many she have, since she is an endorse of Fender, she can ask for more than one signature instrument bearing her name I suppose.
If you are asking about the Red Bull studio live, she had her Fender Pawn Shop Mustang Special on a stand behind her as backup. 
But that is Lake Placid Blue with a larger Pre CBS headstock and a rosewood fingerboard.
Hope this help.
It helps actually.thanks i just get a bit curious sometimes

I don't want to be here.
You don't want to be there.
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:00 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
HARU used a Fender "Made in Japan Troublemaker Telecaster" in Arctic White on their recent Joint Band Tour:

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 Os4Z3tO
HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 N3vshh8

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Wow Troublemaker Telecaster is available in Hong Kong! I never thought would choose this one.
Maybe she like to have more powerful rhythm to pair with Mami's Les Paul for particular song.
Btw, I like the Cabronita pickguard.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:27 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:HARU used a Fender "Made in Japan Troublemaker Telecaster" in Arctic White on their recent Joint Band Tour:

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 Os4Z3tO
HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 N3vshh8

And the AMDKJ MV. Still available at Ikebe gakki. Very "troubling" indeed.

https://www.ikebe-gakki.com/

SPECS:

Grin

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:45 pm

confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Looks like she used an Acoustasonic Tele from her at-home performance of Tsuki

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 Screen11

Guitar Specs here.

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 Sig10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:17 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
You thanked this post! -

confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:Looks like she used an Acoustasonic Tele from her at-home performance of Tsuki

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 Screen11

Guitar Specs here.
This guitar is so expensive
CANTA Cry

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:57 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Meph1766 wrote:This guitar is so expensive
CANTA Cry

That's because it's an impressive piece of kit.

Do check out its versatility and what's in it that makes it so. (I'm not receiving any commission from Fender lol)

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:21 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
We can assume that Haruna have it for free (trial) and intended to bring it along the World tour for certain acoustic segment.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:32 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

I recently watched (and tried to translate a little .nerd. ) the SOUND DESIGNER magazine. The guitars and equipment of Haruna and Mami were shown there. But unfortunately there was no information about this acoustic guitar in the magazine.

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 Img_0010

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:07 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Meph1766 wrote:I recently watched (and tried to translate a little .nerd. ) the SOUND DESIGNER magazine. The guitars and equipment of Haruna and Mami were shown there. But unfortunately there was no information about this acoustic guitar in the magazine.

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 Img_0010

The gear photos for that magazine article look at what HARU and MAMI used at the BEST XMAS 2019 last winter. Unless it's a massive gig, they may bring more gear out (eg the Gretsch during the PERFECT WORLD Budokan show 4 years ago).

I have a feeling the Acoustasonic is HARU's personal home guitar - no indication on official/social media as of yet if she uses it for recording. MAMI has a couple of guitars kept in her home studio featured in an earlier SOUND DESIGNER article a few years back - one is her old USA FSR "Sticker" Strat and the other an AVRI 1964 Tele in Lake Placid Blue.  ( https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8880p125-mami-s-gear#748018 ) IIRC I have seen pics of the Tele used in recording and won't be surprised if HARU may want to do the same with her Acoustasonic in the future.

PS: HARU and MAMI sometimes use each other's guitar during recording and you can see this in photos/videos from recording seshes of earlier SCANDAL albums.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:18 pm

confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
For those who are looking for the MIJ Troublemaker Tele that HARUNA is rocking in A.M.D.K.J., it'll be available in the UK at the end of July for £1,129.

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 Sig10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:42 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:For those who are looking for the MIJ Troublemaker Tele that HARUNA is rocking in A.M.D.K.J., it'll be available in the UK at the end of July for £1,129.

Hey - that's a "bargain" (142,200円 is GBP1079 according to today's forex rate) considering the exchange rate, shipping cost, import tax and hassle if one is to buy it from a Japanese music store, should a UK/EU fan wants to buy one.

As for non-UK/EU fans, importing this from Japan prolly be a better bet. There are still a few of them knocking about in Japan - for example, Ikebe gakki in Tokyo which does overseas shipping (as mentioned in my prior post).

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:43 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
Cool, I just noticed she uses the Fender Santa Ana Overdrive.  I have been using that a lot lately with a Boss DS-1 feeding into it for a boost, and it gives off such a such a great tone with my PRS and Les Paul, especially when the volume's rolled off.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:42 pm

Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
hey there, i noticed Haruna used a Takamine during the acoustic version of Fuzzy that was played at the 2019 BEST★X'mas. the closest to it i could find was the Takamine P3D Dreadnought Electro (same shape, size, tuners, headstock, the fret markers barely/not noticeable, top of the body between the 14th fret, no pickguard, same bridge with the two highest strings on a different rod, and the settings on the body's top's left side), but some sort of sunburst colour version therefore.

tho i'm really not sure it's this one, i don't know much about acoustic guitars tbh. if someone has a closer-looking Takamine than this one, please mention it !

also it seems that this guitar was only used once ; the Yamaha was used for the other acoustic performances, so i doubt that she still has this Takamine. maybe did she borrow it because she didn't have the Yamaha at that moment ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:49 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Just watched Haruna with her  Acoustasonic Tele at home for the bit of Eternal.
At the same moment Fender launched their Acoustasonic Jazzmaster.
I'm sure Mami will be happy if Fender Japan can send her one as well.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:59 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
That Maxon AD-9 is a gem of an analog delay pedal! I think that's the secret sauce of her thick riffs.

Anyway, guess what I found: The first North American review of Haruna's signature Tele by the famous Trogly Guitar Show!

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:35 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
I knew my eyes weren't playing tricks yesterday.

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 X72Fahw

Defo not the Troublemaker she played previously, as:

1. standard Tele-style headstock
2. maple fingerboard
3. block inlays

I have checked the net extensively, including Fender JP - pretty much this guitar doesn't exist out there.

A case of watch this space? *Wallet trembles in fear*

MAMI wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:55 am

Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
did you guys notice the frets on Haru's new Tele ? RINA cool

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 4TBtgFu

HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 CyooAlz

Back to top Go down

Haruna's tone
Posted Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:36 pm

oneofdfunkyones

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi ive been in search of Haru's tone forever. The overdrive tone she used for one night carnival with SHO or with nanase. Is this supposed to be the same as the kagen no tsuki "crunch" tone? I am thinking she might be using the OCD on these clips? Anyone with better knowledge og Haru's tone please help.^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEP4_sQj_Vw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9SmU8HhuKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcXBoYg5aok

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:26 pm

SJM

Caless Student
Caless Student
There's actually a thread on how members try to duplicate Scandal's guitar and bass tones, HERE. I've got some ideas of how to get Haruna's live rhythm tone, which I'll write up in that thread in a moment.

It's funny you mention the OCD, though, because that pedal has now been replaced on Haruna's board. Looking through the KAKOFES pictures, I noticed in this one that Haruna's board seems to have something new in place of the OCD, between the EQ and the Ikon. You can also see it in the first photo of Rina's blog about their new record and in photos from several other 2023 gigs. After some extended digging, I found a blurry phone photo that someone took at their last UK show (dunno if I should link it, as it's not on this site and it's not my photo), which confirms the brand and model name.

Haruna has replaced her Fulltone OCD with a Vermuram Jan Ray.

Vemuram is a logical fit for Scandal, and especially Haruna, because they're a Japanese company who mostly makes products to-order for high-profile players, the same as Shinos do for amps.
The Jan Ray makes sense as a replacement for the OCD as they're both ''transparent'' drives, but the Jan Ray offers a little more control over the tone balance, as it has dedicated bass and treble controls, rather than the OCD's toggle switch and single tone knob.
Vemuram actually make three variations of Jan Ray (standard, Mateus Asato signature, and Tomo Fujita signature), two of which look identical from the top, so it's impossible to tell which version Haruna has. Additionally, because Vemuram are a 'boutique' company and make custom circuits for lots of people, it's entirely possible that Haruna's is not one of the regular models and has been altered to her specification. (Just like how her amp isn't a regular Shinos Luck6v.) So, I can't be absolutely certain exactly what circuit she has in that box, but it's some version of a Jan Ray.

If someone wants one, be prepared to pay a lot. It's £400 here, more than double the price of the OCD. There are some much cheaper clones around, like the NUX 6ixty 5ive, and there are long-standing rumours that the Jan Ray itself is just a barely-altered clone of the Timmy (originally by Paul Cochrane, now made by MXR), which has been cloned by a million other people.

It's interesting that the Jan Ray is the only single-mode pedal she took on the last international tour, with everything else handled by a Line 6 HX Stomp (multi-mode digital modelling), and that it has replaced the OCD which she's had forever. She, or someone in Scandal's sound crew, must really like it.
Everything else on her board for 2023 Japan shows looks like exactly the same as her 2021 board as shown in the first post; the only change has been replacing the OCD with the Jan Ray.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:23 pm

oneofdfunkyones

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for pointing it out that the OCD has been replaced. Vemuram I suppose should be able to do the transparent drive tones. from what i guess Haruna used the OCD for, it is used as a crunch drive pedal. I might be wrong to think that it is the crunch patch on her controller that was used for kishidan and princess princess covers or even nanase as she stated she used the crunch patch for kagen no tsuki which tend to feel a bit milder in drive. I am pretty sure the "backing" patch on the controller is a much dirtier setup of drive pedal or stacked pedals. Maybe the "crunch" patch can be the other channel of the SHINOS?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:25 pm

SJM

Caless Student
Caless Student
I really recommend you read the thread I linked to at the start of my previous post, because multiple members have talked there about how they get various Scandal tones; this thread is really meant to just be about keeping a record of what equipment Haruna uses.

But briefly, her standard rhythm/crunch sound just appears to be her amp running hot. There might be a clean or clean-ish boost (and her amp does have a customised boost circuit built-in), but I'm pretty sure she used the OCD, Full-Drive, and Holy Fire (and later, the Archer Ikon) only for more heavily distorted sounds. Firstly because that's just what it sounds like to me, and secondly because of how her settings changed. Her OCD, especially, was set with the distortion pretty high until about 2018-19. Her crunchy chords were never that distorted. (And definitely aren't in the clips you posted.) Remember that her OCD is a v1.4, which has an extra low-headroom diode for more distortion.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:44 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 MMPRZJ5

Haruna's Fender Mustang says "Hello there"

Zepp Nagoya (2023.10.10)

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 2705 
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:13 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
harurob wrote:
HARUNA'S GEAR - Page 5 MMPRZJ5

Haruna's Fender Mustang says "Hello there"

Zepp Nagoya (2023.10.10)
As far as I can remember she used this guitar to perform particular dropped tuning song. Let me guess which one?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.